Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Geoff Peterson posted:

I think the HHH podcast with Stone Cold alluded to that a bit, between "But everyone is smart now" and nods towards people reading the dirtsheets/drama/show-behind-the-show (including ESPN giving Masked Man a terrible semi-wheneverhewantstowriteit column). It also makes me wonder how genuine the UFC interest in Brock was... seems like WWE got some major mainstream hype-and story driving- from UFC indicating possible interest and in return one of the UFC's most marketable (and non-cocaine-addicted) stars got some major exposure in front of a combat sports ("sports") audience.

she's pokemon addicted tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Rhonne posted:

So was that the best RKO spot ever or what?

I don't know that anything will ever top the shooting starKO on Bourne but that was pretty great yeah

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

beggar posted:

AJ has been phoning it in real bad since she's been back, it's clear her heart isn't into it anymore. Much better for her to get out with her psyche intact.

The door would be open for her to come back if she ever wanted to, I would assume.

She also could do well on the indies if she's just fed up with WWE management but still wants to wrestle.

I just rewatched the end of the divas match to see if people are just bullshitting - Paige does look like she's about to cry for a second there when she looks at AJ, and she says something, although I can't read her lips well enough to know what it is. But Paige also could have just been emotionally overwhelmed at getting a Wrestlemania win and the internet could just be internetting, so who knows.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

zakharov posted:

Roman can be great if he's put in a position to succeed. The anti-Roman people have fed off each other until he's become the worst jobber ever. I hope they take this opportunity to do something decent with him.

If that exact match had happened with the Roman Reigns who was spearing guys out of their boots and triple powerbombing guys into month long vacations and who gave this promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDkCIZHzXg without any of the magic beans talk and people on here repeating "GOTTA MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG LOL" until they made themselves prodromal about it, then it would have just been absolutely loving insane.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was wearing my Shield hoodie tonight. :3: There's never been a bad WWE show when I wear it. Something awesome always occurs. It is good luck, evidently.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

If that exact match had happened with the Roman Reigns who was spearing guys out of their boots and triple powerbombing guys into month long vacations and who gave this promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDkCIZHzXg without any of the magic beans talk and people on here repeating "GOTTA MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG LOL" until they made themselves prodromal about it, then it would have just been absolutely loving insane.

:agreed:

Hopefully we get more of that man now.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think this worked better than Bryan winning the title off Brock would've.

Nah.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Roman has tons of potential and can be rehabilitated easily.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Roman didn't do anything in that match except sit on his baby bottom he has not been underrated

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

electric funeral posted:

heel turns fix everything

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

The one thing that annoyed me is that they wouldn't let Rusev kick out of an AA. I think he was the only singles wrestler who didn't get to kick out of his opponent's finisher. It even took two Tombstones to put down Bray, but god forbid Cena looks weak against anyone but Lesnar.
To be fair though, he was distracted by outside stuff right before the AA, so he was protected a bit there. It was much like how Cena was distracted from outside stuff before Punk gave him the GTS in their match, which protected Cena.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Am I the only one who felt the HHH/Rousey bit lasted a thousand years? It was worse than the Undertaker match, which never got off the blocks, but it felt like they paused 40 seconds after every sentence.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Give Roman Reigns a paraplegic gimmick and he will be fine

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MotU posted:

Roman didn't do anything in that match except sit on his baby bottom

Are you talking about the WM main event? Because haha no.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Supreme Allah posted:

heel turns fix everything

Doesn't seem to be where they're going after that match, but what the hell do I know.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Golden Bee posted:

Am I the only one who felt the HHH/Rousey bit lasted a thousand years? It was worse than the Undertaker match, which never got off the blocks, but it felt like they paused 40 seconds after every sentence.
I think it was played off like the ending to it would be surprising even though you could see everything coming from a mile away. Also I really hate when WWE talk about "making a wrestlemania moment" like its the loving MTV Awards and theyre just forcing all their "surprises"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Are you talking about the WM main event? Because haha no.

He kinda did, mostly got his rear end kicked then hit his signatures.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Heavy Metal posted:

To be fair though, he was distracted by outside stuff right before the AA, so he was protected a bit there. It was much like how Cena was distracted from outside stuff before Punk gave him the GTS in their match, which protected Cena.

They'll probably use that distraction to build up their inevitable rematch at Extreme Rules. Rusev won one match with a ball kick, Cena won one after Rusev was distracted by Lana, now they have the rubber match to see who is really the best.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I thought it didn't help the "Roman has no moveset" perception when he threw three superman punches and two spears and not much else.

A whip into the ringpost too, I guess.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

electric funeral posted:

Doesn't seem to be where they're going after that match, but what the hell do I know.

Its not where they're going but it fixes Romans character, he has every reason to turn heel and throw in some cheating and audience bashing.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Roman Reigns is great I can totally buy him getting Killed Dead By Better Wrestlers, push him to the moon

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

MotU posted:

Roman didn't do anything in that match except sit on his baby bottom he has not been underrated

He's also still a pretty bad promo and I feel like people praising his passably threatening ones is some kind of low expectations thing.

I suspect he'll be rehabbed because he'll get endless chances but I don't particularly care either way.

edit: agreed that heel turn would be a good step one

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah, this is exactly what happened. He threw some punches, hit some kicks, pushed Brock into the post, and then hit a bunch of superman punches and spears. 90% of the match was Brock tossing him around while he smiled like an idiot for some reason I still don't understand.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

electric funeral posted:

I say he has eight months or so to see if he can be rehabbed for main eventing WM 32. Who know if he could have been ready for this one if he had that surgery/recovery time back.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Rhonne posted:

They'll probably use that distraction to build up their inevitable rematch at Extreme Rules. Rusev won one match with a ball kick, Cena won one after Rusev was distracted by Lana, now they have the rubber match to see who is really the best.

Am I wrong to think of this angle as The Angle For Children? There's nothing unpredictable about it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Roman Reigns is a less pretty Ziggler who can't sell as well and is worse on the mic

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Sheesh, those two are so good together. Let them hang out, they don't even need to be in tag matches but they play off of each other's mannerisms in a way that just doesn't materialize when they're on their own.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Nah, I agree with you. It really felt like they were stalling for time.

"Oh poo poo, the sun's still not down yet, stall before Undertaker's match!"

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

MotU posted:

Roman Reigns is a less pretty Ziggler who can't sell as well and is worse on the mic

He also has better hair.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Just got back from Levi's, I am sunburnt to poo poo, and even if the booking almost completely bums me out that was a super-fun show to be at and we all had a great time and Seth Rollins rules.

I'm curious to see if they futzed the audio on the broadcast at all, because outside of a pop for the superman punches the crowd was loving merciless every time Roman did anything.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
hulkamatt reopen the speculation thread so we can discuss how haitch is gonna top this years wrestlemania entrance

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

CarlCX posted:

Just got back from Levi's, I am sunburnt to poo poo, and even if the booking almost completely bums me out that was a super-fun show to be at and we all had a great time and Seth Rollins rules.

I'm curious to see if they futzed the audio on the broadcast at all, because outside of a pop for the superman punches the crowd was loving merciless every time Roman did anything.

There were definitely audible boos but it wasn't deafening.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I originally thought they should group Roman and Rollins for a little while but keep Ambrose face. After this though probably not but it would be best to get Roman heel again

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

zakharov posted:

They definitely turned off/down the crowd mics for that match.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

I thought it didn't help the "Roman has no moveset" perception when he threw three superman punches and two spears and not much else.

A whip into the ringpost too, I guess.

Look at Brock Lesnar early-2000s versus Lesnar today. He went from a dozen power moves and a half dozen kinds of suplexes to two power moves, two suplexes, and his finisher. That is the current main event style, like it or not.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
I fully admit to being a horrible person, but the thought of Luger whizzing out in an electric wheelchair to save Sting still has me laughing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zakharov posted:

Am I wrong to think of this angle as The Angle For Children? There's nothing unpredictable about it.

Not really. I mean you have Cena, the Make-A-Wish Childrens' Champion at the front of it, and it's USA versus the big evil foreigner, so it's all big unsubtle strokes that kids could understand. The only vaguely unpredictable thing in it how Lana figures in, although after tonight it seems likely she's splitting off. But just because it is an angle for children doesn't necessarily make it a bad angle, I suppose.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

zakharov posted:

It was pretty loud.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Again, a 66 year old lady who only watches PPVs once in a blue moon and loves Total Divas said

MotU posted:

About roman reigns " he don't seem like he can wrestle " - my mom

Roman Reigns is bad and also my mom is cool.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

They definitely turned off/down the crowd mics for that match.

I still love how they cut to the only two sad people in the whole arena after Seth won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Sigma posted:

Look at Brock Lesnar early-2000s versus Lesnar today. He went from a dozen power moves and a half dozen kinds of suplexes to two power moves, two suplexes, and his finisher. That is the current main event style, like it or not.
Brock doesnt need a moveset because he legit kills people. Roman doesnt do anything but his three moves and punches and stuff. Brock throws people like ragdolls

• Locked thread