Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Well I've posted like 4 times and haven't heard anything from my opponent. I'm probably not going to be able to play tomorrow and Monday isn't looking super likely either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

gang sines posted:

10) Irony Be My Shield vs jassi007
I can play this evening (from like 6PM GMT) and I could probably arrange something next week too.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sorry if I missed it being posted, but how many rounds is this swiss?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm on like donkey kong.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I can play this evening (from like 6PM GMT) and I could probably arrange something next week too.

I'm going to drop, so 2-0 to you sir.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

kizudarake posted:

I'm on like donkey kong.

I must have missed you, sorry! I'll take the loss this round, since it's my fault for not checking the thread earlier.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
five rounds

i've had a hell of a week and am not caught up so you guys have until wednesday for the moment to get last minute games in

i'll post records w/ pairings next week. i don't have exact standings but it'll help track

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

gang sines posted:

five rounds

i've had a hell of a week and am not caught up so you guys have until wednesday for the moment to get last minute games in

i'll post records w/ pairings next week. i don't have exact standings but it'll help track

Yeah let me get to work on that i've been slacking :x

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

black potus posted:

dropped trolltoll

round 2:

1) Jabor vs eSporks (1-2)
2) Ranpire vs L0cke17
3) Xeom vs suicidesteve
4) MySwan vs gang sines
5) TheLawinator vs instantrunoffvote (2-0)
FEATURE MATCH: 6) Viscardus vs The March Hare (2-0)
7) Jonked vs TheKingOfSprings (0-2)
8) Fingers McLongDong vs Big Anime Fan Here
9) LordSaturn vs Lonely Bridge (2-1)
10) Irony Be My Shield vs jassi007 (jassi drop)
11) Starving Autist vs kizurdrake
12) PhyrexianLibrarian vs Chamale (0-2, librarian drop)

above's what i've got. please let me know if i missed you. i'm going to push the deadline to next monday. i got rear ended by an 18-wheeler last weekend i get to do what i want.

fingers mclongdong do you have steam to get in touch w/ bafh

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

black potus posted:

above's what i've got. please let me know if i missed you. i'm going to push the deadline to next monday. i got rear ended by an 18-wheeler last weekend i get to do what i want.

fingers mclongdong do you have steam to get in touch w/ bafh

No I don't have steam but if he's available I can get on irc around 10:40 p.m. est tonight for around 2 hours

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm giving up on contacting my opponent. If he wants to get at me, I'm not hard to find.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
L0cke17 and I have played, and I won 2-1, in three very close games.

Game 1... well, we flung around counterspells and recalls and lotuses, he got a big board with Mentor and StP'd my Blightsteel, and then I had Yawgmoth's Will on the stack ensuring me Time Vault combo, and then he played Snapcaster off of a Cavern of Souls and I tried to Mana Drain it. Which is the one, single, exact, only play that loses me the game. In the future I will try to remember Cavern of Souls.

Game 2, I shamefully don't remember that much of what happened, the usual counterspell/recall opening blitzes, but Locke ran out of counterspells and I pulled out Vault/Key.

Game 3 was incredibly close. I mulled a 7 that contained Mox Jet, Island and spells that couldn't be cast off of that into... roughly the same but with Mental Missteps and Jace. I countered his Recall, then topdecked Black Lotus into Jace, which looked good, but Locke fought back with a flurry of card draw into a board of Snapcaster and Trinket Mage against my lack of action. He killed my Jace (and my Dack), and beat me down pretty hard for a while, but eventually I got back into it with Thoughtseize, Bolts and my second Jace. Even though I went down to 2 life, the card advantage from Jace turned things around. Something something better than all something. Whew!

Edit: You know, I just realized that Locke had EE for 2 out at the conclusion of game 3, and could have blown up Time Vault in response to my untapping it. Neither of us thought of it at the time. Though, he was still on 0 cards in hand vs my Jace, Forces in hand, and million other things I was playing off Yawg Will. But it's the principle of the thing.

Ranpire fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 25, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
xeom dropped

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

xeom dropped

:krakentoot: I really didn't want to play that matchup.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

So are we getting the next bracket soon?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah i'll put it up tomorrow mornin

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ok i'm dropping bafh based on the perma. coordinating that is more than i can do atm and i'd like to keep this moving.

round 3 pairings (score in square brackets):
instantrunoffvote [1-1] vs Chamale [1-1] (2-0)
The March Hare [1-1] vs Fingers McLongDong [1-1] (1-2)
Jabor [1-1] vs LordSaturn [1-1] (2-1)
kizudarake [0-1-1] vs L0cke17 [1-1] (L0cke17 drops)
Starving Autist [0-1-1] vs Irony Be My Shield [1-1] (0-2)
TheKingOfSprings [2-0] vs MySwan [1-1] (2-0)
Lonely Bridge [0-2] vs Jonked [0-2] (Jonked drop)
FEATURE MATCH: Ranpire [2-0] vs suicidesteve [2-0] (0-2)
TheLawinator [2-0] vs gang sines [2-0] (2-0)
Viscardus [2-0] vs eSporks [2-0] (2-1)

black potus fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 6, 2015

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

black potus posted:

instantrunoffvote [1-1] vs Chamale [1-1]

I can play anytime from 8am to 4pm PDT. If that doesn't work for you, tell me and we can set up something else.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

black potus posted:

The March Hare [1-1] vs Fingers McLongDong [1-1]

M-F after ~6/7 PM eastern for me. Can maybe do weekends if you give me a decent heads up.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

black potus posted:

round 3 pairings (score in square brackets):
Jabor [1-1] vs LordSaturn [1-1]

Jabor posted:

I'm well and truly at work by then, so I guess we'll have to do this over the weekend. Will you be around Friday night?

Looks like you have some kind of schedule that prevents you from playing in the weekday evenings on America Time? This weekend should be fine, ours is a matchup that pretty much ends when you kill me or I lock you out irretrievably, as far as I can tell.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

FEATURE MATCH: Ranpire [2-0] vs suicidesteve [2-0]

Whooo! Feature match! So this is a weird week for me. I'll probably have to play on Saturday or Sunday.

How many rounds is this going to be anyway?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
five rounds

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

five rounds

Thought so. Did we just have that many people drop or was it 5 rounds regardless of how many people joined. I'm terrible at tie-breaker math; do we have any idea what record gets into top 8? 3-0-2? 3-1-1? 2-0-3 :v:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I, personally, can't believe people are dropping with such a wonderful prize on the line.

Oh, also, btw, I took my server down. I can put it back up I guess but I don't think the pubby servers are actually any worse than mine was -- I think xmage just sucks no matter what you do.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

Thought so. Did we just have that many people drop or was it 5 rounds regardless of how many people joined. I'm terrible at tie-breaker math; do we have any idea what record gets into top 8? 3-0-2? 3-1-1? 2-0-3 :v:

we've had a ton of people drop. we had enough that five made sense at the start but that didn't survive two rounds :I

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
a reminder to myself to get off my rear end and post actual scores w/ breakers

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Locke17, man, let's keep my 0-x-x record going, you gently caress.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

black potus posted:

Viscardus [2-0] vs eSporks [2-0]
I am available most days after 5pm PST. I also hang out in IRC a lot.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
law do you want to just play before the legacy finals

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

LordSaturn posted:

Looks like you have some kind of schedule that prevents you from playing in the weekday evenings on America Time? This weekend should be fine, ours is a matchup that pretty much ends when you kill me or I lock you out irretrievably, as far as I can tell.

The schedule is called "Australia", but yes. By the time I get home it's well into the small hours for anyone stateside. Thursday evening could also work (what with Friday being a public holiday), or sometime this weekend. I'd rather set a time in advance instead of messing up a whole long weekend trying to catch each other on IRC though.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

black potus posted:

law do you want to just play before the legacy finals

Yea let's do a marathon.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Jabor posted:

The schedule is called "Australia", but yes. By the time I get home it's well into the small hours for anyone stateside. Thursday evening could also work (what with Friday being a public holiday), or sometime this weekend. I'd rather set a time in advance instead of messing up a whole long weekend trying to catch each other on IRC though.

What times on Thursday?

(What the gently caress, you people get Good Friday off?)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

LordSaturn posted:

What times on Thursday?

(What the gently caress, you people get Good Friday off?)

Any time that could reasonably be construed as "evening" for you is fine by me - 6pm on the east coast works out to 9am here, any time after that is good if I know about it in advance. Just pick something that works for you.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
King of springs, where you at? When are you free, I'm pretty open.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MySwan posted:

King of springs, where you at? When are you free, I'm pretty open.

Yo I should be good pretty much all day after the next two hours

You on IRC?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Jabor posted:

Any time that could reasonably be construed as "evening" for you is fine by me - 6pm on the east coast works out to 9am here, any time after that is good if I know about it in advance. Just pick something that works for you.

Okay, thursday at 6 PM then.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

The March Hare posted:

M-F after ~6/7 PM eastern for me. Can maybe do weekends if you give me a decent heads up.

I can do this week after 10 pm est if that isn't too late for you.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

eSporks posted:

I am available most days after 5pm PST. I also hang out in IRC a lot.

Same to both. This should be pretty easy, then.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I can do this week after 10 pm est if that isn't too late for you.

Yeah, I can do after 10. Want to do it tonight? Maybe tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

black potus posted:

FEATURE MATCH: Ranpire [2-0] vs suicidesteve [2-0]

Well then! Saturday or Sunday sounds fine, probably US evening-ish? I still can't run Xmage and will need to play on Cockatrice. Apologies if that's an inconvenience, I remember some complaints from the other week so it's fine if folks want to feature a different match...

• Locked thread