Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I think the problem is there are just too many characters right now, so the ones we used to care about are suffering. I don't care about Ray in Arrow despite his cool suit because we all know he's leaving. While he's here, his love story with Felicity keeps weighing her down for dramatic tension and taking away screen time from other characters. When Ray's gone, Felicity can have more of a story of her own and maybe quit reacting in cry voice to everything Oliver does. And the time spent on Ray could also be re-purposed to Roy, who's just kind of there as a prop more than a character lately.

Edit: Typos

AshB fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AshB posted:

I think the problem is there are just too many characters right now, so the ones we used to care about are suffering. I don't care about Ray in the Arrow despite his cool suit because we all know he's leaving. Whille he's here, his love story with Felicity keeps weighing her down for dramatic tension and taking away screen time from other characters. When Ray's gone, Felicity can have more of a story of her own and maybe quit reacting in cry voice to everything Oliver does. And the time spent on Ray could also be re-purposed to Roy, who's just kind of there as a prop more than a character lately.

Roy needs a character arc. Badly.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Roy just got an extensive character arc... of electricity.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

greatn posted:

Roy just got an extensive character arc... of electricity.

:downsrim:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

Cheshire tia

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bad Moon posted:

Cheshire tia

Put Nyssa in a mask.
Comedy Option: Thea

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Spergatory posted:

Alright, I think I've figured out why this season isn't landing for me. That moment where they just loving left Roy lying in the dirt? That's emblematic of the larger problem. This show used to have a decent bit of polish to it. It wasn't perfect, but you could tell the creative team was really putting forth effort to fill out the world and keep track of details. But at some point, they apparently decided they no longer needed to do that. And it shows. The whole show feels sloppy and careless now, like all the polish they were putting on Arrow is now going to the Flash.
Hopefully there's going to be a bunch of clips as an extra on the DVD of all the stuff Roy did that didn't survive the edit.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

spookygonk posted:

Hopefully there's going to be a bunch of clips as an extra on the DVD of all the stuff Roy did that didn't survive the edit.

There better be a clip of Roy waking up hours after being blasted by Ray, then having to take the subway home in costume because Ollie is already back at the Arrowcave.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What the Hell happened to Harbinger anyway, I liked Summer Glau, did she die? I don't remember her dying or getting de-mirakued or whatever so isn't she just running around right now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harbinger is Diggle's wife.

Glau was Ravager and she got her rear end kicked by Nyssa and killed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hollismason posted:

What the Hell happened to Harbinger anyway, I liked Summer Glau, did she die? I don't remember her dying or getting de-mirakued or whatever so isn't she just running around right now?

Her neck was snapped by Nyssa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZrH9447Vcw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spinoff will include Hawkgirl

http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-flash-spinoff-hawkgirl-ciara-renee-cw-1201401280/

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ohhh that's what they mean about the whole "fury is ignited" thing. That's...a way to put it, I guess?

Hyped for this and the fact that it's yet another step towards realizing the dream of a Music Meister episode.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Man, I had completely forgotten about that. I have no idea why though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Lyla's was Harbinger, though. Badass enough for both of them.

Wasn't a very accurate name though. Diggle was the one that assumed direct control.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Error 404 posted:

Put Nyssa in a mask.
Comedy Option: Thea

Really option: Laural

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wasn't a very accurate name though. Diggle was the one that assumed direct control.

Lyla will direct this personally, Shepard.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not sure if you're joking or not, but Lyla is loosely based on a character named Harbinger

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Xelkelvos posted:

It looked like he might get one while Ollie was dead but then Ollie returned and now he's back to being a dick and leaving Roy's unconscious body in alleys.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Not sure if you're joking or not, but Lyla is loosely based on a character named Harbinger

They're joking. The villain from Mass Effect 2 is also called Harbinger. If you play that game, you can expect to hear Harbinger assuming direct control. A lot. :thejoke: That's the joke. (Also, did we lose the old McBain 'that's the joke' smilie, or did I miss it?)

Edit: Added the smilie, thanks Kesper North.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 1, 2015

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

thrakkorzog posted:

They're joking. The villain from Mass Effect 2 is also called Harbinger. If you play that game, you can expect to hear Harbinger assuming direct control. A lot. That's the joke. (Also, did we lose the old McBain 'that's the joke' smilie, or did I miss it?)

:thejoke:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

And Rory? http://io9.com/doctor-whos-rory-is-time-traveling-again-in-the-flash-a-1694744105

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://dctvuniverse.com/2015/03/david-ramsey-teases-h-i-v-e-and-arrow-season-4/

Looks like we're gonna see some major HIVE action in season 4.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Scyantific posted:

http://dctvuniverse.com/2015/03/david-ramsey-teases-h-i-v-e-and-arrow-season-4/

Looks like we're gonna see some major HIVE action in season 4.

When i opened the link, the browser tab shortened the title to "David Ramsey teases H.I.V...". Even firefox is making that joke.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
https://variety.com/2015/film/news/stephen-amell-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-casey-jones-1201459533/

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HAH! That must be what all that Avengers research was for.

EDIT:

quote:

Amell tested with a half dozen actors over the weekend, but it was his eventual chemistry with Fox that led to the studio giving the role to the star of CW’s “Arrow.” Paramount had no comment on the casting.

Lucky sob....

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahaha. Go Amell I guess.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Who doesn't Smell have chemistry with?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
gently caress, now I hope that shitpile does well at the box office. God damnit, Amell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Who doesn't Smell have chemistry with?

Helena Bertinelli.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oroku Saki you have failed this city.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Here's hoping it's better than the first one.

it won't be

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deakul posted:

it won't be

From what I heard it would be difficult not to be better even if by accident.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

it won't be

It would be pretty hard to be worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And so i begins, Ammel begins is conquest of every comic book franchise.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

And so i begins, Ammel begins is conquest of every comic book franchise.

He's made a poor choice to start that quest.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Christ, the first one made $500 million US dollars.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

overtone posted:

Christ, the first one made $500 million US dollars.

As with most franchise films a good chunk of that came from overseas where they'll go see just about anything. Remember that Tim Burton's movie about Alice in Wonderland made over a billion dollars that way.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Deadpool posted:

As with most franchise films a good chunk of that came from overseas where they'll go see just about anything. Remember that Tim Burton's movie about Alice in Wonderland made over a billion dollars that way.

I'm always amazed by how much money comes from outside the US. It's why every big movie has a scene in China now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I hope it's an April Fools joke on his part.

• Locked thread