Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Someone in the third or fourth is going to get a goddamn gem in Wake's Merrill Noel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

He is a center

For a while he was. I suppose the flexibility is what is attractive but that's why we got Fisher so I just want to see him do good at one thing first.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

bhsman posted:

:lol: So basically McShay did no research at all on this pick besides looking at team needs.

What's that? Dallas needs a 3 tech for their 4-3 defense? Ehhhhhhh I'll just mock 'em a fuckin' nose tackle instead that's basically the same thing right

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

He's good and you should want him on your team

Drafting a center in the first round might be the straw that broke the camel's back with Chiefs fans regarding the draft. People leaping off tall buildings is what I'm talking about.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Regnevelc posted:

Bud Dupree is a busts name. No thanks.

Bud Dupree would be a fantastic runningback name. It's pretty close to Bo Jackson sounding, like he'd be a fire hydrant RB.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I don't know if I should be happy that both me and McShay drafted the same dude for the Giants

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't know if I should be happy that both me and McShay drafted the same dude for the Giants

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

kiimo posted:

Drafting a center in the first round might be the straw that broke the camel's back with Chiefs fans regarding the draft. People leaping off tall buildings is what I'm talking about.

He's 1st round talent but I meant you in a more general sense as anyone

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

It was fun playing with the fanspeak draft throughout the year and watching his place in big board fall as the little letter in front of his name changed

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He had a late 1st grade at the end of last year and clowned a bunch of really talented defenders. If you want him to be a LT, then give him a while to get his legs back and put him at LT.

To put it another way, our coaches told him, supposedly, that he "wasn't allowed" to get hurt these past two years. He still did, and none of was particularly lasting and he played through it. Hopefully your coaching staffs will manage him in the best way to maximize the line, because he's built to be that "where do ya need me, coach?" kinda dude. A little focused rest and recovery would work wonders for him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I meant more that the Chiefs have been loving up their drafts doing things like taking bad tackles #1 in the draft for years. You can get a center in the third round or later. We don't have a dire need for guards after the free agency period. Chiefs fans will scream for a QB or WR and for once I agree. If this was the year KC had the first pick and they didn't take a QB there'd be a revolution. Structure fires at 1 Arrowhead Drive. You can't take a center.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd imagine the hope is he would be a RT for KC, but Dorsey does love his versatility.

I don't think it's the most likely pick in the world but he is the type of player they like.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZenVulgarity posted:

Pretty much everyone is mocking Scherff to the Giants since before the season ended. I think the trendier pick would be an edge rusher or a wide receiver.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

SA2K posted:

RD what is your opinion on Laken Tomlinson

he needs to get better at sticking to blocks but he's a big strong cool dude that's gonna own. he's like this years larry warford

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

I meant more that the Chiefs have been loving up their drafts doing things like taking bad tackles #1 in the draft for years. You can get a center in the third round or later. We don't have a dire need for guards after the free agency period. Chiefs fans will scream for a QB or WR and for once I agree. If this was the year KC had the first pick and they didn't take a QB there'd be a revolution. Structure fires at 1 Arrowhead Drive. You can't take a center.

No QB or WR worth taking with our pick. The top 3 WRs will be gone, and Strong is not as good of a fit for what KC wants compared to Lockett or Agholor. I feel like Eric Kendricks is a reach too, really there's no one I am dying for in the first round.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

No QB or WR worth taking with our pick. The top 3 WRs will be gone, and Strong is not as good of a fit for what KC wants compared to Lockett or Agholor. I feel like Eric Kendricks is a reach too, really there's no one I am dying for in the first round.

I kind of agree. La'el Collins and Waynes are probably the best picks but they'll be long gone before we can go so we may just have to settle for a trade down.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No tackles from Pittsburgh thanks.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Drafting from an organization standpoint must be nerve wracking

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Roasted Donut posted:

he needs to get better at sticking to blocks but he's a big strong cool dude that's gonna own. he's like this years larry warford

RD gut reaction

Cooper vs White who has a better pro career

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

RD gut reaction

Whichever one isn't drafted by the Raiders.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Blitz7x posted:

RD gut reaction

cooper pretty easily

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Did you see Alabama's pro day? Amari spent it standing next to Cris Carter and now I'm pretty sure now Cris is his real dad. They both got that old man face.

Coop gonna be the best of all time.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Whichever one isn't drafted by the Raiders.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Roasted Donut posted:

Really want him in the 2nd

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Really want him in the 2nd

same

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I absolutely have to think if he falls to miami he's the pick. No way we get that lucky

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

No tackles from Pittsburgh thanks.

More and more I'm starting to think we're going to go running back if Gurley is still there. There seems to be a lot of fluff pieces coming out of the charlotte papers which gives me a tingling in my balls that someone is leaking that the team has a hard on for Gurley.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier posted:

ESPNU will be airing FSU's pro day, which is on March 31st.

ESPNU: 10 am -- 1:30 pm EST
NFL Network: 12pm -- 2 pm EST

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I wouldn't really mind gurley but he'll be off the board at 25.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

My only fear with Gurley is if it means that the panthers actually think martin and oher are solutions to the tackle problem

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

My only fear with Gurley is if it means that the panthers actually think martin and oher are solutions to the tackle problem

I don't think they do, I think both are in some form insurance in case of injury, because at times last year there were 4 guys who didn't start the season playing. Remmers has been a revelation at RT, the two guard spots are locked down and Kalil is legitimately a great center.

Byron Bell was one of the worst players in football regardless of position, so even if Oher or Martin starts at LT and even if they're bad, they'll be an upgrade. I'd like to see them use their first rounder on an OT, but given that Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa are all three going to be a poo poo show next year, I could forgive them for going after Gurley and looking to let the cap situation ease for a year and roll with who they've got.

I want an OT, the team needs an OT, they know they need an OT, but if there's no value when they pick at the position Martin or Oher are upgrades over the previous year.

They're neither good players, but they're not Byron Bell level of poo poo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I refuse to believe Jonathan Martin is an upgrade to anyone.

No. No...

It's just not possible.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jon Martin is not an upgrade. He's depth at best, and he's a liability there.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I'd be okay with Strong in the first, it's a shame we didn't keep Jones or Smith, we don't have a burner to pair him with. We really need all the WR help we can get.

E: Oher is pretty bad too, if him and Martin are starting then Carolina is gonna have serious problems. Maybe Martin pulls it together in a better environment, who knows.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 31, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There are other picks in the draft besides the first round.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahaha I was going to mockingly say hey maybe martin will be better in Carolina since he's Away from the abuse of San Francisco... But here we are with people saying it non sarcastically. Martin is terrible and has point of attack strength that mimics a tight end. He's useless. He has sound technique but he refuses to improve his strength NOR his leverage so yeah he's getting thrown around out there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he's not trying to get bulky, he just wants to tone.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

he's not trying to get bulky, he just wants to tone.

god why does everyone say this irl tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

god why does everyone say this irl tho

Because people seem think the second they pick up a barbell they'll leave humanity behind and turn into a mass monster, when what they really want to do is get to ottermode.

Someone saying they want to tone is a blaring siren they have no idea what they want and need to be introduced to the heavenly bliss of a traditional push pull program.

• Locked thread