Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
So many Dr. Who alumni in the CWverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

And Rip Hunter, sorry Booster fans:

http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-flash-spinoff-cast-arthur-darvill-rip-hunter-cw-1201401541/

Pretty psyched about the Arthur Darvill casting tho.

This is the third Doctor Who alum they've gotten now. Wow

E:f,b

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

drat they are really going all the way.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
if rip hunter is to booster gold as the atom is to blue beetle, i'll be very happy

but seriously, wtf is this show going to be?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

DoctorWhat posted:

if rip hunter is to booster gold as the atom is to blue beetle, i'll be very happy

DC TVU Versions of Guardians of the Galaxy with a dash of Big Hero 6. All the really successful ideas crammed into one show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Arthur played the best companion in the 50 year history of Doctor Who so this is awesome news!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

DoctorWhat posted:

The "52" weekly comic run from some time ago. Betting on it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Krad posted:

The "52" weekly comic run from some time ago. Betting on it.

So it'll be called '23' and we'll get endless Jack Bauer jokes in the trade press?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Haha how many people are they adding to this new show?? Whyyyy???

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

So it'll be called '23' and we'll get endless Jack Bauer jokes in the trade press?

Or it'll be called "13" and people will wonder where all the Romans are.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Deadpool posted:

And he admitted as much to Clark saying that he accepted his role as the villain and that he would do everything possible to make Clark the hero he should be by being his greatest villain. It's a neat spin on story and one of the few things I think was actually built up and supported by the series that preceded it. Of course in true Smallville fashion five minutes later Lex gets amnesia and forgets all this. Great job.

Smallville or, How Clark and Jonathan Kent create a supervillain.

I loved that show. "Stride gum-powered elasticman Pete", and "Superboy works to solve the problems with illegal immigration" were trying times, though.

I'd seriously love if they made a reboot or something with the same quality as Flash/Arrow.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

:raise: Well it's...not as if they're adding people to an existing cast. Like, this is the cast. They're adding main characters to a cast of zero, because this is a new show and they kind of need to do that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

BrianWilly posted:

:raise: Well it's...not as if they're adding people to an existing cast. Like, this is the cast. They're adding main characters to a cast of zero, because this is a new show and they kind of need to do that.

I'm going to make a show without any characters just to prove you wrong!

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah. It's bound to be an ensemble show called "The Brave and the Bold" or "The Outsiders" not a "main lead-title" show.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

There's one more new character slated, with the description of being an African American hero that is going to be a quipping wise guy. Some people think it'll be Static but that seems to be a really obvious choice. Personally speaking I think there's as much of it being Wally - introduce him on the spinoff and then have him come on Flash later.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What the hell was their reasoning behind not allowing Blue Beetle, that doesn't make sense to me at all.

Like nobody outside of Comic's knows who the hell Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are, maybe they were in a cartoon at some point. Regardless they're relatively unknown.

loving Bullshit.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 31, 2015

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

What the hell was their reasoning behind not allowing Blue Beetle, that doesn't make sense to me at all.

I imagine they want the media Blue Beetle to be Jamie Reyes, not Ted Kord.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PowerBeard posted:

I'm hopeful, there's no way she could look as bad as Hawkman did in Smallville. For everyone else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d0mQfyOeoc

Oh my GOD this is dumb as gently caress. :laugh:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

Oh my GOD this is dumb as gently caress. :laugh:

Someone post the Birds Of Prey video again.

Not the Catwoman/Canary/Huntress make fun of heroes with tiny dicks song. The t.a.t.u one.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

Someone post the Birds Of Prey video again.

Not the Catwoman/Canary/Huntress make fun of heroes with tiny dicks song. The t.a.t.u one.
Seen it.
I like to think every clip posted of Smallville can be responded with my quoted words.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

PowerBeard posted:

I'm hopeful, there's no way she could look as bad as Hawkman did in Smallville. For everyone else:

Holy poo poo, there was a previous live-action Deathstroke, and it was... that?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hollismason posted:

Like nobody outside of Comic's knows who the hell Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are, maybe they were in a cartoon at some point. Regardless they're relatively unknown.

loving Bullshit.

Blue Beetle was in Brave and the Bold and Young Justice, maybe also JLU?

PowerBeard posted:

Huh, so that's a show that people watched religiously.

For 10 years.

Huh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Muscles and abs are a requirement for CW shows these days. Poor Michael Shanks, your arms would never cut it on today's CW.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Muscles and abs are a requirement for CW shows these days. Poor Michael Shanks, your arms would never cut it on today's CW.

I don't who that guy is so I googled him, and

goddamn, I threw up in my mouth a little

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I read the words "Rip Hunter and started to salivate and pant. I think this show has some kind of Pavlovian stimulus on me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I thought I'd read once here on the forums that he got pretty jacked after Stargate SG-1 ended. Judging from that picture, clearly whoever wrote that was a goddamn liar.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Michael Shanks was loving BUILT in the last few seasons of SG-1. :colbert:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

raditts posted:

Blue Beetle was in Brave and the Bold and Young Justice, maybe also JLU?
I want to say he was but Wiki says no. They have a JLU toy for some reason though. Booster Gold was definitely in it, and Beetle was obviously a huge part of YJ.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
:3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well there we go, confirmation that he was the original Barry Allen.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Mark looks terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Mark looks terrible.

He never thought he was going to be in anything anyone actually watched again (He said this at a panel I attended years ago) so he pretty much stopped giving a gently caress about his body.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Rhyno posted:

He never thought he was going to be in anything anyone actually watched again (He said this at a panel I attended years ago) so he pretty much stopped giving a gently caress about his body.

Then he lost a good bit of weight for the new Star Wars which made him look sick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SirDan3k posted:

Then he lost a good bit of weight for the new Star Wars which made him look sick.

That's what CGI is for.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Some advance buzz about the episode from someone who attended an early screening. Possible spoilers abound.

A part of Barry's costume changing may refer to the emblem getting a white background like we've already been seeing on that future newspaper Wells keeps looking at. Also we're actually going to see some of Eobard's 15 years before meeting Barry, including a scene featuring Tess Morgan, and that this may be an episode Barry learns one of Wells' secrets. I'm betting on him learning Wells isn't disabled.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the spinoff actually called "Arrow/Flash" or is that just a working title?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

fadam posted:

Is the spinoff actually called "Arrow/Flash" or is that just a working title?
Working title. It'd be kinda silly to call it that when neither actor is slated to appear.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It has no title. Arrow and Flash aren't even in it, that wouldn't make much sense.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

God, he looks like a corpse.

I love you anyway, Mark Hamill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dude looks better with that full on jedi master facial hair he had for Ep VII

• Locked thread