Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Psycho Mantits posted:

Isn't it possible AJ's recent bouts of sloppiness are just due to ring rust? She only sporadically works house shows and has been back less than a month, and she was working injured for much of her last run. I mean people have been saying that she's on her way out for over a year now, I think she would've left already at this point.

People have also been doomsaying that she's going to be punished every time Punk says something, but they really haven't.

I wonder if Bayley's main roster gimmick will just be "AJ but nice".

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 1, 2015

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

Yes. I want Brock Lesnar to be the commissioner of WWE.

TheJoker138 posted:

With how little he's there he'd be the new version of Jack Tunney.

All the more reason to stump for Commissioner Lesnar. :smug:

An authority figure who shows up on camera as infrequently as Jack Tunney would be a long overdue breath of fresh air.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I think Nikki and Brie are both perfectly fine in the ring, especially Nikki. She is really good at looking flat out more powerful than the other ladies and has the moves to match. They are pretty good heel characters. I hope they don't break them up because they work well together.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if Bayley's main roster gimmick will just be "AJ but nice ugly".

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Cardboard Box posted:

the headbutts are because daniel bryan and dolph ziggler like puro

idk about the alabama slams

It wasn't just that match. Headbutts were all over Mania and Raw!

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Ribsauce posted:

I think Nikki and Brie are both perfectly fine in the ring, especially Nikki. She is really good at looking flat out more powerful than the other ladies and has the moves to match. They are pretty good heel characters. I hope they don't break them up because they work well together.

You know I was actually surprised that the Twins actually respectably improved and I am enjoying Nikki more often then I ever used too which was never.

So hats off to the both of them.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DannoMack posted:

It means Chris Benoit is going into the Hall of Fame

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More like "Who is this guy again, and what did he do? Oh wait, I don't care."

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

All the Alabama Slams are due to people watching a lot of Bob Holly matches on the Network.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Would it be right if Bayley was the only one to calm down a raging brock lesner?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DannoMack posted:

Hey whats up with all the headbutts and alabama slams recently in every match anyway?

HONMAMANIA RUNNING WILD

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Extreme0 posted:

Would it be right if Bayley was the only one to calm down a raging brock lesner?

Nooooo. Bayley would ask Brock to F5 her. He would shrug and do it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Extreme0 posted:

Brock sobbing in the ring thinking that Seth Rollins has turned Bayley into a cookie.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Somebody photoshop Bayley and Brocks heads onto this picture plz

Edit: but to be honest, the whole "Giant raging beast paired up with happy little girl" trope is pretty common in most fantasy/Science fiction, it's sort of surprising it doesn't show up in wrestling all that much. I dunno about Brock since he's a little too main event, but I could see a pairing of Bayley and a big monster dude work. Maybe Rowan? He already has the gentle giant thing going for him and he's pretty bottom of the card with no storyline right now.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 1, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

DannoMack posted:

idk, they're cool as long as they're safe

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Bayley on the main roster is going to be a surreal thing. Either she translates over well-enough and is a great family-friendly role model for little girls that can hoss it up, or Vince and Dunn don't "get" her and use her in endless "ugly shaming" angles or give her an "obsessed stalker" angle or something else we've seen a bunch before. There were rumors a while back about how she was supposed to debut in NXT as a masked wrestler since she wasn't as pretty as most other Divas or whatever, which I can see resurfacing as an idea for her main roster debut (which, oddly enough, might actually lead to a bigger push for her, since it'd set her apart from the other Divas).

I guess what I'm saying is bring back Saturday Morning Slam and have Bayley be the general manager/champion or whatever.

Also, cross-posting from the NXT thread:

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I think Neville's newfound mono-name can be salvaged if they flip his introduction and announce him as "Neville, the Man that Gravity Forgot!!" Sounds more super-heroic/circus-performer that way.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Neville should get a rich man gimmick and become Cadillac Neville.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

There were rumors a while back about how she was supposed to debut in NXT as a masked wrestler since she wasn't as pretty as most other Divas or whatever, which I can see resurfacing as an idea for her main roster debut (which, oddly enough, might actually lead to a bigger push for her, since it'd set her apart from the other Divas).

The ironic part of the mask rumour is that Bayley is absolutely gorgeous, but then again I'm no hiring director.

If they want to sell masks to girls though, they'd have better luck doing that with Bayley as the platform than Kalisto or Sin Cara.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If they lose AJ the next Diva they push will be whoever can sell merch to 14 year old girls, since that's what AJ does and what no one else can manage. AJ is the only wrestler who's merch I've ever seen for sale not in the kids section, you can probably still go into Hot Topic and buy her stuff. They could probably manage it with Paige if they try, but her "goth stripper" look hasn't caught on with the hot topic teen crowd as much as AJ's "sort of nerdy Avril" thing.

So get ready for that skater chick themed Becky Lynch repackage is what I'm saying.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Delsaber posted:

The ironic part of the mask rumour is that Bayley is absolutely gorgeous, but then again I'm no hiring director.

If they want to sell masks to girls though, they'd have better luck doing that with Bayley as the platform than Kalisto or Sin Cara.

Bayley's mask should have a straw attachment that when you blow into it it inflates tube men on top of your head.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Brock Lesnar is the gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

This is amazing.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I just looked up this Bayley character and apparently she is an anime wrestler? I like it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

zakharov posted:

I just looked up this Bayley character and apparently she is an anime wrestler? I like it.

She's super positive, loves hugging people, gives away her headband to a little girl before every match, and summons tube men during her entrance.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

zakharov posted:

She's basically 'slightly nerdy and socially awkward superfan.' Hugs everyone and gives one of her headbands to a girl in the crowd during her entrance. Kids loving love her.

Really, she's a lot like the John Cena squeaky clean kid-friendly babyface but not completely obnoxious.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

There are no words.

Well, three words.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Delsaber posted:

She's good looking, but not in the way that WWE douchebags like Dunn think is good looking, honestly Charlotte would probably not getting the push she's gotten if she wasn't a Flair.

Grozz Nuy posted:

She's basically 'slightly nerdy and socially awkward superfan.' Hugs everyone and gives one of her headbands to a girl in the crowd during her entrance. Kids loving love her.

Really, she's a lot like the John Cena squeaky clean kid-friendly babyface but not completely obnoxious.
Would you say that she is attainable? :v:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grozz Nuy posted:

Also unlike Cena, Bayley is allowed to lose a lot and use that to build sympathy, making her big wins mean a lot more.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Plus when you do finally get her mad, she will straight up murder a fool.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Charlotte has angles where she is literally Ric Flair. And it's scary as poo poo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Extreme0 posted:

You know I was actually surprised that the Twins actually respectably improved and I am enjoying Nikki more often then I ever used too which was never.

So hats off to the both of them.

I never thought I would actually say this, but Nikki has really been impressing me as of late. She has definitely improved recently, and she's doing a drat fine job of coming across as a monster diva heel in the ring.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"i'm in your main event making very good telly
safer on the apron? nah belly to belly."

give this man something like a grammy that matters

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Bayley also gets BAYLEY'S GONNA HUUUUUUUUG YOU chants (in the [X] IS GONNA KILL YOU cadence), she is basically The Best.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

If every time Cena did his salute, he wound up charging to the ring while wacky waving inflatable tube men sprung to life beside him on the ramp, I think more people would love Cena

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Forgive my ignorance, but was the Diva with the awkward dancing gimmick an NXT member that Vince essentially ruined by having her randomly come out with no build and therefore the crowd was baffled? Whatever happened to her?

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but was the Diva with the awkward dancing gimmick an NXT member that Vince essentially ruined by having her randomly come out with no build and therefore the crowd was baffled? Whatever happened to her?

Emma. She shows up on random episodes of Superstars to lose as someone's tag team partner. She was Paige's teammate briefly against the Bellas before AJ came back. She's also been on a couple of episodes of NXT. I think it was a combination of factors; not explaining the gimmick, pairing her up with Santino just before he retired, and her apparently shoplifting an iphone case within the span of about two months that killed her dead in the water.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dexie posted:

I never thought I would actually say this, but Nikki has really been impressing me as of late. She has definitely improved recently, and she's doing a drat fine job of coming across as a monster diva heel in the ring.

I think giving the Bellas distinct movesets has done a lot to help their match storytelling. Nikki has the argentine backbreaker, running forearm and alabama slam, Brie has the x-factor, running knee smash and yes-lock. With the WWE style as it is fans are going to respond to well-executed familiar moves in matches and women actually having them at all rather than matches only being a combination of simple clotheslines, neckbreakers, slaps kicks and rollups is a massive improvement.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

That was Emma and she's back on NXT. She's turned heel with her wasted main roster run being her motivation for being a total dick now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Emma is also the reason why I have doubts about bringing up Bayley (and I imagine that's true for a lot of people), but I think that The Happiest Girl is simpler and will translate over better than Sorta Goofy Chick Who Does This Dance And Look, You Had To Be There.

• Locked thread