Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Ernie. posted:

no. you're just no accepting the answer i gave you.

Fair enough!

I apologize if this has been done already but my eyes usually glaze over when I see Mafia Math.

HiipFire posted:

3 Scum
2 Third Party
10 Town

Alignments were chosen after the power were made

Town can win the game in 2 days and 2 nights

Scum can win in 2 days and 3 nights

A Third Party can win this very minute

all these are assuming no new powers are added

Given:
3 scum - (CPig, ?, ?) (CPig was copped scum by Asiina)
3 town - (me, ?, ?) (I was copped town by PMom)
1 3P - (busb) (claimed)

So that leaves Rurea, GG, Mac, and Ernie. I'll assume that Ernie and Mac are different alignments from the vote.

IF Ernie is town THEN

3 scum (CPig, Mac, ?)
3 town (me, Ernie, ?)
1 3P (busb)

IF Ernie is scum THEN

3 scum (CPig, Ernie, ?)
3 town (me, Mac, ?)
1 3P (busb)

This also means that Rurea and GG are not the same alignment.

So here's where I am: I really really think Ernie is scum. People should play as though I have a vote on Ernie. The only thing stopping me from voting is fear of losing town the game if I'm wrong. I see no reason to rush a play here, but I would like to request:

- busb to give me an idea of where she stands (and what pronouns she prefers? I was just following the crowd going with female but it seems easier to just ask..)
- Rurea and GG to share opinions of which of Mac or Ernie is more likely scum
- if anyone has some role-based information that proves a fact that I'm forgetting, that would probably be good to know

There's plenty of time to figure it all out. If anyone disagrees with anything I've posted here they're welcome to chime in.

Bonus that I noticed trying to make sure busb is 3P:

busb posted:

I've decided i'm not going to complete my win condition because i want to sit here and chat to you guys about 90s musaks :3:

I'm probably the oldest person in this thread :(

were you born pre-80s?

I was! By ten days, in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Busb you are alive. I am listening to songs now. Wow everyone.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hooray~

I am a manly man as evinced by my amazingly gruff voice which a select few have heard - but again i don't care if people mix up gender pronouns for me it's nbd
I think i want to listen to OK Computer again - what a great album :3:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Idk if this will work but here. It kinda sucks but I gave up after too many tries.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0WS-ivmNuHWVHJxWGw0RFpyZ3M/

CapitalistPig posted:

OK BYERS

THIS IS MY SUBMISSION

PREPARE FOR DESTRUCTION OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARENT ME

lololol

:golfclap:

These were all really good, I wish I had the time to make one last night but duty called. Also AnonAnarc, you have a lovely voice. Rurea I think yours made me laugh the hardest, in a good way.

Scum
C Pig > Rurea > LM/Ernie.

Town
MMT > GG > LM/Ernie.

3P
BUSB

Incoming lovely casings.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

lololol

:golfclap:

These were all really good, I wish I had the time to make one last night but duty called. Also AnonAnarc, you have a lovely voice. Rurea I think yours made me laugh the hardest, in a good way.

Scum
C Pig > Rurea > LM/Ernie.

Town
MMT > GG > LM/Ernie.

3P
BUSB

Incoming lovely casings.

Thanks for your kind words.
I still think you are the scum sorry though.
##vote GG

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

busb posted:

Hooray~

I am a manly man as evinced by my amazingly gruff voice which a select few have heard - but again i don't care if people mix up gender pronouns for me it's nbd
I think i want to listen to OK Computer again - what a great album :3:

Also hey busb we need you to win this game so throw a vote down eventually or something please.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Scum
C Pig
Rurea
Ernie.

Town
MMT
GG
LM

Case Against Rurea
Rurea - Neutral power with the list.
The night Rurea was "roleswapped" there is something that needs to be addressed.

With my role, I saw all songs that acted on a player and the actions they took. Not the names associated.

Ernie. claimed he was going to lightning Rod, Rurea commented it would make her power useless. He did his second action, but if both of his abilities are non-targeting he couldn't have swapped Asiina and Rurea. The only actions on Rurea that night were mine and KB.

Either KB roleswapped with his action, Scum used invisible mod communicated actions to swap/busdrive, or Rurea and Ernie. are lying.

Case Against Ernie.

Ernie. posted:

here's what i sent byers n3

there's no way i caused a redirect to rurea

also people who target me cycle among the three people. so i have to be mindful of the order that abilities resolve in. i.e. roleblock > doctor > nightkill

i forgot taste confirmed her until she reminded me

also hiipfire's actions don't make sense as scum, whereas i don't know anything about your actions or motivations

Murmur Twin said P Mom confirmed her and didn't say anything else for 57 minutes, and while taste did confirm her. This would have been the only reminder she could have given.

Then when MMT asks about the water gun.

He says he forgot that P Mom and HiipFire targeted her.

Ernie./Rurea Strange Interaction

Rurea posted:

what does it do again?
Unprompted??
@5:07

Rurea posted:

Yo check my post, how the hell else would I know what the power is called if asiina didn't roleswap me?
@5:13
In regards to Ernie. saying he might be willing to vote Rurea.

Ernie. posted:

actually, rurea, i had asiina's role for a while

paraphrase her role pm please or tell me a keyword from it
@5:17

Rurea posted:

I did already.
@5:18

Ernie. posted:

oh yeah, rurea's not lying
@5:19

Is what does it do again? the breadcrumb to Asiina's role, and if so, why did Rurea say it before anyone even asked about it? Nothing Rurea says prior to what does it do again? has any connection to verifying Asiina's role had been transferred. This seems like an awkwardly coordinated attempt to validate the claim that Rurea had been roleswapped.

Yeah the time stamps are my time, but look at the sequence of it, that's not affected by timezone.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I just read over GG and Rurea and the two things that stuck out -

GG was a tracker who says he caught Rurea in a lie. I'm going to admit that I didn't really get what that whole conversation is about, but GG's desire to share information once his PR was listed feels really town to me. GG - what was that about?

Rurea, meanwhile, had an ability that listed all N1 actions and seemed really pro-town...until I stop and remember that there wasn't a nightkill N1.

Rurea posted:

Good thing my power is the best!
I get a list of every Song that made a night action, and which song they targeted. I don't learn player names or action name though!

I can't imagine a town reason to declare this on D1 - there's no way a scumteam wouldn't kill him (or at least RB him) for it.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Rurea did your throat clearing get restored

Rurea posted:

:mad: no!
Apparently because you copied my ability it can't reset itself.

If Rurea was telling the truth he would have said "no". I feel pretty confident wouldn't have told Rurea that ANarc was the reason for the non-recharge, he just wouldn't have sent a "you have another charge" PM. Rurea's gotta be lying.

I feel pretty confident that the scumteam is Pig, Ernie, Rurea. Anyone else can feel free to chime in before I start throwing votes around.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hahaha nice I didn't see GG's post when I made mine.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so why don't i cut a deal with you two

let's kill rurea, and then cpig

and then me?

if i go first trust me you guys will lose

but if i go last then you have a chance to go after mac/whoever is alive with whichever one of you two

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also a lot of gg's post is factually incorrect, but i honestly don't have the energy to counter it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm ready. ##vote Ernie Busb, I don't know your wincon but if you join town I will gladly help you with it :)

Ernie. posted:

so why don't i cut a deal with you two

let's kill rurea, and then cpig

and then me?

if i go first trust me you guys will lose

but if i go last then you have a chance to go after mac/whoever is alive with whichever one of you two

I stopped reading after "trust me"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Nice, good casing.

We should kill Rurea.

##vote rurea

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Nice, good casing.

We should kill Rurea.

##vote rurea

i hate you

this is a post designed to make me look bad if i follow you >:[

you didn't even read the cases

i hate you

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Ernie.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mmt why would i try to vig you when it was mylo? wouldn't i immediately be lunched once you flipped and someone made the arguments you're making now?

step back for one second and realize that my activity this entire game doesn't make sense as scum

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why? you think rurea and cpig are scum right? i'm telling you i'll vote them out with you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

why would i during the night run the exact same process of elimination as you two did today? why wouldn't i try to sow confusion and try to win the game with my scumbos?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

mmt why would i try to vig you when it was mylo? wouldn't i immediately be lunched once you flipped and someone made the arguments you're making now?

step back for one second and realize that my activity this entire game doesn't make sense as scum

If it had worked, town would have lost that night. You wouldn't have had to need to cover for it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh whoops, I see what you're saying. Regardless, I feel confident about this and don't plan on moving my vote (unless for some reason busb refuses to get in on this in which case aaaaugh)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

If it had worked, town would have lost that night. You wouldn't have had to need to cover for it.

'that night'? during the day i would've been lunched... the day wouldn't have ended with the vig.

and the SK was still around. if i'm scum i would've known there's an SK in the game and would've known they're coming for me if i overplayed my hand

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

why? you think rurea and cpig are scum right? i'm telling you i'll vote them out with you

Ernie. posted:

why would i during the night run the exact same process of elimination as you two did today? why wouldn't i try to sow confusion and try to win the game with my scumbos?

I'm not sure any of these questions are relevant, if you were town scum would have hammered you by now.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote Ernie
:redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

i hate you

this is a post designed to make me look bad if i follow you >:[

you didn't even read the cases

i hate you

No way, you are a crazy person.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not sure any of these questions are relevant, if you were town scum would have hammered you by now.

oh?

who gives a poo poo this game was awful anyway and i hope this is how it ends

i'm done trying

##vote ernie.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rurea posted:

##vote Ernie
:redhammer:

:ohdear:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yeah no kidding

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ernie. posted:

oh?

who gives a poo poo this game was awful anyway and i hope this is how it ends

i'm done trying

##vote ernie.

:ghost: dude this game is amazing please stop hating thanks :ghost:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HiipFire posted:

:ghost: dude this game is amazing please stop hating thanks :ghost:

Agreed. Whether or not town loses, scum win, or 3P comes out victorious. This has been fun.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

edit: in case the game's not over

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The suspense is killing me. I have to know lol

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

The suspense is killing me. I have to know lol

i was town, we lost

mod abandon

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bleeeeeeh if that's the case (and I have no reason to disbelieve Ernie) I'm really retroactively frustrated with myself for how I played that. :froggonk:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

i was town, we lost

mod abandon

If you're town then both Rurea AND gg ate town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Little Mac posted:

If you're town then both Rurea AND gg ate town

Wait, what LIttle Mac?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:f5h:

Can't do this fast enough.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
:siren: Ernie. - Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us - Town-Aligned has been lynched on D...5? Is it D5?

Mod Notes on Song: You are the victim of so much needless hate. You are ignored. You are always the target. You are never seen.

Mod Notes on Mod Notes: Prophetic. As. gently caress.

~

Ghostly Gansta - Primus - John the Fisherman and Murmur Twin - James - Laid has been endgamed!

busb - Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl - Self-Aligned Guesser achieved everything he desired, but did not win the game!

~

The scum team, CPig (Digable Planets - Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat))/Little Mac (Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitter)/Rurea(DJ Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat) have won!

~

:siren: Day 4 5 Challenge: Why Can't We Be Friends? :siren:

None of my judges came back, so I've been forced to select the winner on my own. As such, I declare AnonymousNarcotics the winner! In my next CYOS, Anon Narco is allowed to submit a Double Album for her role.

The game was crazy, it had very high highs and very low lows. It perfectly encapsulated the decade, I thank, and I thank you all for playing. I'll have some final thoughts further on, but for now: my next CYOS (which is not going to be immediately) is going to be CYOS: The Aughts! Songs from the 2000s, same general rules as this game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Gg guys. Rurea you played excellent scum, I had no idea.

Byers this game ruled and I can't wait for the next one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Congrats Rarity and Taste, scum MVP.

• Locked thread