Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

didn't they do that in one of the problem child movies

the world was an easier going place at one time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

would be cool to jhust put bombs on drones and fly them into the windows of your foes whilst they rest and atomize them once and for all. ill start the wiki

yeah they're called missiles and they're def. illegal to own if you're not the military

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

yeah they're called missiles and they're def. illegal to own if you're not the military

semantics

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
idk but smythe with missiles sound terrifying. instead of just probing people he'll probe them irl with rocket/drone propelled high explosive

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
but then he'd install android on the guidance system and then get a notification saying 'killbadposters,apk has stopped working :)'

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it's drone based bombsharing. It's part of the new tech economy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

DO NOT PUT A GUN ON A DRONE YOU VIOLATE LIKE EIGHTEEN FEDERAL LAWS AND THEY *WILL* gently caress YOUR poo poo UP, HARD

I dunno, it isn't on the "know before you fly" hobbyist website that the FAA references for recreational use.

And this article has a bunch of videos of guys doing it.

I don't actually own any guns though, I just have been curious about laws recently and look things up a lot.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
R there drone laws in Antarctica?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ocrassus posted:

R there drone laws in Antarctica?

only one: "No drones allowed"

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
well that's no fun.

this is Antarctica and imagine the king of Antarctica is this robot

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Stereotype posted:

I dunno, it isn't on the "know before you fly" hobbyist website that the FAA references for recreational use.

And this article has a bunch of videos of guys doing it.

I don't actually own any guns though, I just have been curious about laws recently and look things up a lot.

this is not FAA poo poo. This is BATF poo poo.

if you put a remote trigger on a gun or fire a gun by any method that is not a finger attached to a person, you are in violation of federal law

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

if you put a remote trigger on a gun or fire a gun by any method that is not a finger attached to a person, you are in violation of federal law

what if it's a piece of string attached to a finger attached to a trigger.

or a prosthetic finger...

or maybe a toe..

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ocrassus posted:

what if it's a piece of string attached to a finger attached to a trigger.

or a prosthetic finger...

or maybe a toe..

latter two legal first is not

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

the local branch of the BATF is in my office building i could go upstairs and ask them

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the local branch of the BATF is in my office building i could go upstairs and ask them

"totally asking for a friend i swear" probably isn't gonna keep you off a list

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ocrassus posted:

well that's no fun.

this is Antarctica and imagine the king of Antarctica is this robot

The current King of Antarctica is ASC (a subcontractor of Lockheed Martin) and I've heard them described as fun killing robots.

Also thanks Jonny, don't worry I will not get arrested for strapping guns to drones.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

"totally asking for a friend i swear" probably isn't gonna keep you off a list

their area of the building isn't even labeled in the directory so i'd just hafta walk around knocking on doors first

maybe i could catch them next time they're gearing up in the parking lot for training exercises

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just start idly filing down an AR-15 sear and they'll find you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pound for pound this is some of the most expensive metal on the planet

last i heard you will be paying somewhere between 15 and 25k

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wish i worked for that B. come into the office, hang out, drink, smoke, and shoot guns all day

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Stereotype posted:

The current King of Antarctica is ASC (a subcontractor of Lockheed Martin) and I've heard them described as fun killing robots.

Also thanks Jonny, don't worry I will not get arrested for strapping guns to drones.

can we still strap a gun to a dilz, if not america is dead

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i just won a $100 gift card for donating blood what should i buy myself, yospos. besides sugar cookies

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dolomite posted:

can we still strap a gun to a dilz, if not america is dead

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Necc0 posted:

i just won a $100 gift card for donating blood what should i buy myself, yospos. besides sugar cookies

something from http://www.kigukawaii.com/

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

Jonny 290 posted:

just start idly filing down an AR-15 sear and they'll find you

which milsurp rifle was it that could be fired FA with the help of a piece of string, resulting in at least one piece of string being registered with the ATF

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

wesley snypes posted:

which milsurp rifle was it that could be fired FA with the help of a piece of string, resulting in at least one piece of string being registered with the ATF

yet bump fire stocks are still legal

lmfao

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
lol if you wouldnt buy a 10/22 and bumpfire stock.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Alright, I've been sitting in the OM5 for a couple of weeks.

Here's my thoughts:
*Although I got the "xt" model, the seat still isn't as wide as I'd like. Other goons are not likely to run into this because I am a giant.
*The purely weight-driven recline is an interesting idea, but I'm finding it annoying in practice. If I'm sitting bolt upright or leaning all the way back the chair feels great, but if I want to recline to any degree in between I basically have to flex the poo poo out of my abs to help it resist me. This is even after maxing out rrr's adjustment trick. This also might not be a problem if you're not giant. I'm 6'4" and 290 pounds, if those stats are useful to anyone. I don't even think of myself as particularly top heavy, as I have 31" quads from doin dem squats and deadlifts.
*The adjustable arms that keep getting reccomended I could take or leave. They have about 15 degrees of swivel and like 3" of back-and-forth travel. I don't think I'd do the basic arms, but I could see doing this chair with no arms at all.

Now, that said, even though you have to work pretty hard to recline in this chair, I find my back hurts less at the end of the day than it did in my old chair, but it's more tired. If you don't mind working your abs all day to sit in a chair, this might be the one for you. If you want something that will let you recline easily into whatever position and lock it there, you might want to look elsewhere.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!

Smythe posted:

Alright, I've been sitting in the OM5 for a couple of weeks.

you should get up.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol OM stands for Office master

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

pound for pound this is some of the most expensive metal on the planet

last i heard you will be paying somewhere between 15 and 25k

what is so special about it? it looks like you could mill that in a couple of jigs.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
actually looks more like a pressing but wtever I don't know poo poo.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
it turns a semi-auto rifle into a full-auto

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

wesley snypes posted:

it turns a semi-auto rifle into a full-auto

you can even 3d print them now they've come out with PLA embedded with metal in them, they'll actually stand up to action for a while.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ocrassus posted:

what is so special about it? it looks like you could mill that in a couple of jigs.

they make AR-15's full auto. only the ones manufactured before X date (some time in early 80s I believe) are legal to affix to an AR-15 by anybody, and even then you need an FFL to deal in them. if you mill an auto sear and put it in an AR-15 you just signed up for a possible decade in fed

that being said i have the technical drawings for them saved to PDF. if poo poo hits fan i'll start a factory, as will everybody else

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
and super illegal and gets people years and years in prison

I think they even hunted down and jailed a guy who was giving away 3d printer files of them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bhodi posted:

and super illegal and gets people years and years in prison

I think they even hunted down and jailed a guy who was giving away 3d printer files of them

dimensional drawings are okay, manufacturing instructions are not. which cad files qualify as

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

echi would close the thread if he had any sense of shame. which he doesnt

:pram:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
RIAA got nothin' on the ATF

you wouldnt download a gun

... because we'll jail you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bhodi posted:

RIAA got nothin' on the ATF

you wouldnt download a gun

... because we'll jail you

that might have something to do with the fact that the ATF is a government agency with a criminal enforcement mandate and the RIAA is a trade association with some lawyers

• Locked thread