Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

what a surprise the exact scum-team i called >:[

lynchproof scum is a terrible role, even if balanced by someone who cancels the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It was only 1 shot :shrug:

I was also loved.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game all.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Congrats Rarity and Taste, scum MVP.

lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Seriously though this is one of my favorite games and I loved it.

Excellent Job Byers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Congrats Rarity and Taste, scum MVP.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Indeed, Byers. Very good game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
presigning for the next Cyos

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
pre-sign for the 2000s CYOS since I'll actually know songs

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

pre-sign for the next CYOS

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ernie. posted:

what a surprise the exact scum-team i called >:[
DUDE S A M E

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The next one should go backwards and be 80's

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CapitalistPig posted:

no

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

do this until we hit a decade where we have to post in gifs from silent movies

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Literally the only thing I could have done after that daycop was claim miller,

we were sweating in the scumdoc after my role got stolen on the night we killed asiina and I prayed against all hope youd all think i was still DP and not test it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
You guys totally coulda lunched me today lol

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Literally the only thing I could have done after that daycop was claim miller,

we were sweating in the scumdoc after my role got stolen on the night we killed asiina and I prayed against all hope youd all think i was still DP and not test it

i kept saying we should kill you and rurea today
i don't get the logic of gg casing me because he thinks rurea and i are scum and then voting me because of it....

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Omg

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

whatever i'm going to unbookmark this thread before i say something i shouldn't

good game everyone, see you all in the next one

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think we have a very good scum doc. All should read.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Mod Thoughts

First, I need to make this very clear; I balanced the game via number of town versus number of scum, but I never balanced based on roles. I don't think you should balance based on role powers in a CYOR like this one, nor should you build powers that are clearly pro-scum or pro-town. Roles were developed absent alignment, and then I shuffled players into their slots. I actually did so twice, as the first time I RNG'ed the game I ended up with GG as a 3P, and I just couldn't see his role as a role that would have fun at all as 3P and I didn't want to throw a relative newbie into such a situation.

Second, I initially told Rarity no to using a modkill to trigger her power, but after thinking about it saw it as an inventive way to make yourself a suicide bomber. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't allowed it, as though it was interesting it's also the point where the game flipped from amazing to toxic. I almost closed the game after TT seemed to abscond, and I'm not sure if I shouldn't have, as in my haste to move us past that day I ended nights early and left KB unable to defend himself. I am not happy with how the game ended, it deserved better.

Third, I'm really happy with a lot of things that happened this game; through sheer luck, the powers I came up with came together in interesting ways, as did player choices. For instance, busb was the N1 kill target, and was protected by Allen. Scum tried to kill a player entering the game N1, who was protected by a player that entered the game D1. That's crazy, and those type of situations would no happen in a traditional game.

ModDoc
ScumDoc

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

Dude, id like to hear your insight for real. :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I said how I feel in the dead doc, gg rur

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Going from 0 dead to 6 dead town over the span of a day totally destroyed this game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

Lol dont be so emotionally invested in games man.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

Going from 0 dead to 6 dead town over the span of a day totally destroyed this game.

this

also when is the next CYOS gonna happen?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will pre-sign if the next game starts on or after the 16th.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

HiipFire posted:

this

also when is the next CYOS gonna happen?

Not immediately. This month.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Yay scum team perfect victory!!!
GG to all I had a lot of fun playing this game.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Byers2142 posted:

Not immediately. This month.

cant wait

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also mad I didn't win the challenge and PRESIGN for the next one byers!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Awww not a single vote for my personal mixtape , I was trying to make it pertain to my life to humanize me to the judges.

I shouldve won the karaoke thing though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pre sign but next time do 80s.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

Obviously there might be some bias, but I disagree. You guys had a ton of information prior to ANY ACTUAL FLIPS happening. Outside of our powers, we were at a supreme disadvantage at that point. Without those deaths IMO scum stood no chance at all.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Awww not a single vote for my personal mixtape , I was trying to make it pertain to my life to humanize me to the judges.

I shouldve won the karaoke thing though.

I legitimately couldn't listen to your karaoke. The singing would start, and I would begin punching myself in the ear until I managed to close the window.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

I legitimately couldn't listen to your karaoke. The singing would start, and I would begin punching myself in the ear until I managed to close the window.

This just means you don't have any sense of humor, its cool

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If I had been just a few minutes faster I'd have won karaoke challenge by default

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW gg your game was pretty close to awesome but you hosed up at the end. This goes for all town players in all games but never turbo a player out near the final days of the game without letting them claim. Such a big mistake. I had pig/rurea figured out and night actions pretty much solved but didn't make it to the thread on time.

Even if you had still voted me you would have had the info you needed for town victory.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

This just means you don't have any sense of humor, its cool

This has been conclusively proven time and again.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Little Mac posted:

If I had been just a few minutes faster I'd have won karaoke challenge by default

Actually, yours was pretty good im not gonna lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

Obviously there might be some bias, but I disagree. You guys had a ton of information prior to ANY ACTUAL FLIPS happening. Outside of our powers, we were at a supreme disadvantage at that point. Without those deaths IMO scum stood no chance at all.

I agree with this. I was stunned when town tore itself apart. This is not to discredit the work scum did though. Rurea especially did a great job since I wasn't there to counter what he was saying.

• Locked thread