Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

I just want to note for posterity I refused to participate in this.

*writes in a ledger* "Raku did not publicly poo poo on anime."

Got it, thanks, Rak!

HappyHelmet posted:

I thought he was really bad actually? Like he should be a 2nd stringer on the Cardinals kinda bad. Any Bucs fans care to weigh in?

Glennon is probably the best Buccs QB of the last 6-7 years.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, double post

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

HappyHelmet posted:

I thought he was really bad actually? Like he should be a 2nd stringer on the Cardinals kinda bad. Any Bucs fans care to weigh in?

That isn't "really bad." If any team has ever demonstrated the value of a 2nd stringer who won't totally embarrass you it is the Cardinals. I am not saying he is Tom Brady, but you could do worse than having him in the mix.

Of course I only saw him play a couple of times so I could be way off base and he could be atrocious. But when teams are trotting out Josh McCown, Geno Smith, EJ Manual, Ryan Lindley, etc...well, I'd rather have Glennon.

Also, he was a third stringer starting for an 0-4 team the 5th week of his rookie season. Not exactly a stellar position to be in.

We can start a 4 page argument about Glennon for all I care if it stops the anime chat

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I forgot Glennon even existed last year. Bucs are so sad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Mike Glennon isn't bad at all. I think he's in the Shaun Hill/Matt Moore class of QB's. He could start for a team, but you would much rather have him as a backup. He looks like a kid you would shove in a locker though (if you could find a tall enough locker). If the Bucs get rid of him, they will continue their streak of never giving a 2nd contract to a QB they have drafted. Ever.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Raku posted:

I just want to note for posterity I refused to participate in this.

Same

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Glennon also has the added problem of coaches not knowing if he can physically survive a hit.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

She's talked about how she used to mod a Pokemon forum.

No wonder she lives to break people

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
here talk about this:

Rotoworld FootballVerified account
‏@Rotoworld_FB
Crabtree rejected $3M offer from Dolphins

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Metapod posted:

here talk about this:

‏@Rotoworld_FB

Turns out beggars can be choosers.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shiksa posted:

Turns out beggars can be choosers.

In my perfect world, Crabtree signs with the Raiders (for $4.5m/year), who then pass on Cooper and White in the draft :allears:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

SlipUp posted:

Give tff forum aids. Set everyone to Adtrw and gws only. It's all loving BBQ and gay twinks with you people.

E:

Bills, jets, cards should jump on that stat.
Meh. We already have E.J. Manuel, do we really need another (thus far) uninspiring QB from the same draft?
I mean, that doesn't mean they won't trade for him, because we're apparently collecting mediocre-to-bad quarterbacks in the hopes of stitching the parts together into some kind of Frankenstein's monster Peyton Manning knock-off, but we already have three QBs competing for the starting job. How many more practice reps do we have to go around?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Don't worry Crab $3m is really close to the $11m that you think you deserve

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm starting to think maybe Michael Crabtree might have unreasonable expectations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I still wanna know why the Eagles won't pick him up

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

b0ng posted:

Because of this post I read about said drinking stories and holy poo poo.

Apparently he was also given the option to tryout for the Redskins. Had a press conference and everything.

Andre the Giant would have been the greatest right tackle of all time. Get him to slim down to a playing weight of, say 450 pounds, then you just gotta find a wheelbarrow for a helmet and build him some shoulder pads out of car hoods.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Happy Chocolate Rabbit day

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Mmmmmm, I could make SO much egg salad with that!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shath Hole posted:

Mmmmmm, I could make SO much egg salad with that!

Lies. It's all chocolate inside. Make a chocolate salad.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gatts posted:

Lies. It's all chocolate inside. Make a chocolate salad.

I like the way you think, Gatts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

I'm starting to think maybe Michael Crabtree might have unreasonable expectations.

The thought did cross the mind.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Metapod posted:

here talk about this:

‏@Rotoworld_FB

Chip Kelly smiles, his plan nearly at its fruition.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It's all...part of the plan.

edit: i think my new avatar needs to be chip kelly dressed as the joker forcing the eagles to ride "Mr. Kelly's Wild Ride" while cackling and drinking a smoothie

axeil fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 5, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Michael, maybe if you hadn't gotten picked off like that in 2013 maybe you'd be getting that $11 million. Ever thought of that, smarty?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm pretty sure it was Kaepernick who got picked off. :laugh:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Man, the one day I'm not around and people bring up Eyeshield 21. No one even talked about the "Joe Montana is the man closest to God" panel.

In real football news, Chase Daniel is still a Chief. Good thing I didn't bet against that!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

Mike Glennon isn't bad at all. I think he's in the Shaun Hill/Matt Moore class of QB's. He could start for a team, but you would much rather have him as a backup. He looks like a kid you would shove in a locker though (if you could find a tall enough locker). If the Bucs get rid of him, they will continue their streak of never giving a 2nd contract to a QB they have drafted. Ever.

I'd much rather stick with Glennon and draft all lineman than draft Winston. I feel like we haven't seen his full potential since he's been treated as a back up and played behind the worst line in the league. Not to mention we didn't have an OC last year. Glennon has shown flashes of talent and I'd rather we try to develop that than drafting a guy who probably raped someone.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

SA2K posted:

Happy Chocolate Rabbit day

Poor Bengals fan. Watching Andy Dalton lay another egg.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

no idea, he's got the injury history and the unfulfilled potential to fit in.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Parmesan Basil posted:

In real football news, Chase Daniel is still a Chief. Good thing I didn't bet against that!

He's having a shockingly profitable career.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

whypick1 posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Kaepernick who got picked off. :laugh:

You knew what I meant. :mad:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think I saw this one on redtube before.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

commy gun posted:

Poor Bengals fan. Watching Andy Dalton lay another egg.

That's the one they won.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

That's the one they won.

yeah it ruined my vegas trip thanks assholes

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

SA2K posted:

yeah it ruined my vegas trip thanks assholes

*SA2K from like two weeks ago appears* Sports teams shouldn't ruin your trip anywhere, life is too good to be ruined by silly things like sports

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

football fuckerman posted:

*SA2K from like two weeks ago appears* Sports teams shouldn't ruin your trip anywhere, life is too good to be ruined by silly things like sports

it's different when you have money on it jerk

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Browns are still in worse shape than my face in high school

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yeah, these days they look like your face now

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I said STILL because right now these days I have to say that the regimen I started in my late teens/early 20's from acne.org turned my life around. Other than the odd ingrown hair my skin is smooth and sexy as a beaver pelt

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
The Andre the Giant story just makes me pissed that ESPN passed on the 30 for 30 about Andre the Giant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
According to some random website, Tyrol Taylor might be the Bills starting QB this year

Welcome back, Jesus

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/arti...utm_medium=mweb

• Locked thread