Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Dick Dorkins literally invented the concept of memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

misdirectomy posted:

Dick Dorkins literally invented the concept of memes.

Son of a

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

he is a sane person who we should all give enormous amounts of money to

if i got raped, id want to reverse the silly gism too

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

EvilJoven posted:

The only reason why people get mad when Dawkins makes the Dawkins face and spells it out to people how retarded their religion sounds is because people have been brought up to believe that for some reason religious belief deserves some sort of respect.

Sorry kids but it doesn't. Religion is dumb.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

he is a sane person who we should all give enormous amounts of money to

Do people really not understand what the point of those tweets was?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

The Dennis System posted:

Do people really not understand what the point of those tweets was?

yes we understand retard tweets made by retards

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

RideTheSpiral posted:

yes we understand retard tweets made by retards

I don't think you understood those tweets at all.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

The Dennis System posted:

I don't think you understood those tweets at all.

yeah that must be it

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
I like the guy, he seems alright

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Dork-Dawk tryina get a retweety.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Backweb posted:

Dork-Dawk tryina get a retweety.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Trolling religious ppl is getting old man

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

sounds like he was a shrewd businessman

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Agag posted:

And yet even most racists still think Dorkins is a oval office. :shrug:

he is a oval office

the vanguard of smug atheist celebrities that just wont go away

ive never seen these same people try to do something good with their lives just go on the equivalent of irl internet debate threads

shameful

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I want conservatives to win not because they're right but because I hate dick dorkins

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like him because my mom hates him.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I like him because my mom hates him.

literally gently caress you mom!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i am an atheist and i'd rather give the corpse of jesus a rimjob than say dick dorkins is cool and good.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

although im not an atheist because i dont even know what that means anymore thanks dick dickshoe

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

fyodor posted:

although im not an atheist because i dont even know what that means anymore thanks dick dickshoe

being an atheist means you are too dumb to think of anything in the entirety of the universe worth calling god. just call something or some collection of things god, its cool and makes you feel good. dont be dumb, be vgood and cool

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Does anyone really like Richard Dawkins?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Ocean Book posted:

being an atheist means you are too dumb to think of anything in the entirety of the universe worth calling god. just call something or some collection of things god, its cool and makes you feel good. dont be dumb, be vgood and cool

cna I call my balls God?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Dork Dinkins.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ocean Book posted:

i mean i guess i've been doing that if you mean "there are forces or a force more vast and all-encompassing than me" but that sounds gay as hell bro so im just going to say im a "cool dudeist"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i watched a minute of this and i just want to say i hate people who say "go against" all the time

"they've censored out the facts that go against evolution" is just such a poorly constructed sentence

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
They've censored out the facts that go against Dork Dickwans

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Dawkins has already lost: Non-atheists built the first time machine and went back and got rid of all the evidence of evolution. There's a warehouse full of perfectly preserved ancient protohumans in Nevada.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ocean Book posted:

Yeah ok but if you say the word "god" then religious people think they have a chance of converting you and get really annoying about it. Being an atheist means the annoying people leave me alone once I tell them I'm an atheist.

Edit: Of course the downside is being in the same pile as Dick Dorkins, but its a price I'm willing to pay.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 6, 2015

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Wait till you get on my CS:GO server buddy

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Atheists ate the most hated group in America probably cause of duck dickens

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

Atheists ate the most hated group in America probably cause of duck dickens

Nah, it's because atheists don't believe being a rich rear end in a top hat is a god-given right. Additionally, Americans always need some groups to hate without good reason, it's an innate part of the American culture.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Carbon dioxide posted:

Nah, it's because atheists don't believe being a rich rear end in a top hat is a god-given right. Additionally, Americans always need some groups to hate without good reason, it's an innate part of the American culture.

Ur a wise dude

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Carbon dioxide posted:

being an atheist is a rich white rear end in a top hat thing to do

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
does Dicky Dorky even like donate to charity or give back to society in anyway?

or is he literally just angry militant atheist man wot is on the internet?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Moola posted:

does Dicky Dorky even like donate to charity or give back to society in anyway?

he invented memes

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

fyodor posted:

i mean i guess i've been doing that if you mean "there are forces or a force more vast and all-encompassing than me" but that sounds gay as hell bro so im just going to say im a "cool dudeist"

dudeism is an actual thing for people who really like the big lebowski, its basically taoism and weed so i'm tolerant of it

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Gatekeeper posted:

dudeism is an actual thing for people who really like the big lebowski, its basically taoism and weed so i'm tolerant of it

holy poo poo I think I've found religion itt.

Also, dude with the avatar above that is making me slightly nauseous. Dick Dorkins is special because he's an internet athiest who conducts his internet atheism on places that are not the internet.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Richard Dawkins is 100% right about religion and about Islam, specifically.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
And furthermore, atheists have every right to be smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Throwdini posted:

And furthermore, atheists have every right to be smug.

and everyone else has the right to lol at their smug lack of self-awareness

but i like sam harris and he's smug as hell so

• Locked thread