Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Okay, have to speed up my timeline.

Now for everyone who answered the cop thing. Who would you kill if you could?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'd kill asiina because I think she's scum and she's annoying the crap out of me right now. Oh my god you suck, but also I think you are genuinely scum.

Look at her views of jedit. She didn't want to lynch him and actually defended him pretty vehemently. Then she put the hammer on him - bussing. I think asiina's narrow mindedness toward the revolutionaries is reminiscent of keane's attitude and look how he turned out. Someone mentioned this earlier - making the thread focus on the revolutionaries turns it away from the actual scum,

I still think somber could be scum based on my earlier arguments of his attitude and actions on day 1 but he's definitely fallen into the background and I don't have as much of a read on him anymore.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
And honestly, asiina pushing somber as scum makes me think he's town.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The thing is, it'd be odd to act that way when Jedit was going to be exiled. It brings attention to you defending them. I'm not particularly sold on Asiina being mafia aligned, but her focus on the revolutionaries keeps swinging between normal town distrust to tunelling with an agenda. It's a tough read for me.

Jedit mimicking Somber with regards to Numerrik is off to me as well. I don't think 2 scum would have done what they did, It's an all eggs in one basket scenario.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When I say "Off to me" I mean, "It's off to me as scum buddy actions, so I don't think they are scum buddies"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'd kill asiina because I think she's scum and she's annoying the crap out of me right now. Oh my god you suck, but also I think you are genuinely scum.

Look at her views of jedit. She didn't want to lynch him and actually defended him pretty vehemently. Then she put the hammer on him - bussing. I think asiina's narrow mindedness toward the revolutionaries is reminiscent of keane's attitude and look how he turned out. Someone mentioned this earlier - making the thread focus on the revolutionaries turns it away from the actual scum,

I still think somber could be scum based on my earlier arguments of his attitude and actions on day 1 but he's definitely fallen into the background and I don't have as much of a read on him anymore.

You're right, I didn't think Jedit was scum. I thought the case against him wasn't worth hanging him over. I was wrong. My vote also wasn't bussing, I never wanted to vote for Jedit but agreed because it was better than a nolynch. The rest of your case is that I don't think your group is pro-town and is self-serving which isn't what I asked you to do.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

The thing is, it'd be odd to act that way when Jedit was going to be exiled. It brings attention to you defending them. I'm not particularly sold on Asiina being mafia aligned, but her focus on the revolutionaries keeps swinging between normal town distrust to tunelling with an agenda. It's a tough read for me.

Jedit mimicking Somber with regards to Numerrik is off to me as well. I don't think 2 scum would have done what they did, It's an all eggs in one basket scenario.

I'm not distrustful of 3Ps on principle. I'm distrustful because throughout the game ANarc and PMom have been inconsistent and contradictory.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina, who would you kill?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'd kill ANarc.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

How about someone that isn't revolution aligned.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Then probably Somber.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Since we're talking about killing mafia-players.

We know who is revolution aligned so it's easy to off us all if it turns out that way.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I made a post but it's not showing up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This thread is bugged and keeps showing it as having a new post when there's no new post. Hopefully this post fixes it!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

I made a post but it's not showing up.

Yeah there we go.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Ah, there it is.

Basically, I'll tell you now that there is no-one else recruited. If this turns out to me being used as a pawn or some poo poo, you've got merk and Narc and I'll give you the VIP then.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Ah, there it is.

Basically, I'll tell you now that there is no-one else recruited. If this turns out to me being used as a pawn or some poo poo, you've got merk and Narc and I'll give you the VIP then.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you rephrase?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If it turns out that this recruitment to the revolution has something sinister behind it of which I am not made aware of at this point in time, then I'll agree with you about offing the revolution ie Narc, merk I guess to be safe, myself, anyone else recruited, and the VIP.

As far as I am aware this won't happen, since the wincon is a town victory + keep the VIP alive. But I'm not part of the Narc/merk communitcation and more of an underling I guess thematically. If it turns out I'm being used, I won't accept that poo poo and work against them.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hope you know what I mean.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm going to sleep. I hope people actually show up tomorrow to discuss this all before it gets too close to deadline.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I get what you mean. I'm not sure how we would know before endgame though. I suppose if we're sure we've eliminated all the scum and the game still isn't over then we'll know, but I don't even know how many scum could be left. Between all the different alignments and a recruiting cult, I couldn't even begin to guess.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, I'm also going to bed and would like others to chime in.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

From everything in the game - player content, flavour, PMs - I seriously doubt there is anything sinister about the revolution. But in the case that it happens, Asiina, you've got my word that I don't want to be no pawn of some new king or poo poo like that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote asiina

How about you actually read what I wrote. I don't find out the results of my actions. Just if it was successful or not. I had no clue amoeba was recruited.

:objection:

You don't see the contradiction in here? You choose your action... and yet you know if it was successful or not... but you don't know the results?

Ughhh you either are not understanding or are being purposely dense. My power/PMoms power does not necessarily do the same thing every night. All we do is "empower" and we had no idea what the results are/were. I wasn't the one who targeted Ernie the night he died.

Nevermind. I'm posting this though because I really want to use that Phoenix Wright smilie.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

A cult wins when they have a majority, like a scum team. This is different. They win the town way, so it's not a cult. More like a masonry with an alignment name.

I think my issue here is is that town is being reduced bringing your victory closer? How to explain... you gain members while we lose them, in the end it becomes a revolution victory as opposed to town, which I suppose is fine if you became revolution but if you're town don't you still sort of lose? I really don't see them the same just because you win the way town does.

That said I figure town must still have a majority over the revolution, TNL claims to be not part of it as does merk. So if the game isn't over once the last scum are dead I'm sure we can steam roll you. Also you have been useful in eliminating the king-aligned players, though that's not necessarily the scum either and since it's only been them you've targeted it feels a bit in self-interest.

Opopanax posted:

The only thing that would convince me would be seeing merk flip town. If he's town I will be 100% on board with helping the revolution, if he flips anything else I want them exterminated

This seems like a reasonable demand. If merk is truly town and he, Mr. Policy Execution, is really on board with them still while being town, then I'd say that's a good boost to the amount I'd like to trust you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

ya`'ll can feel free to send my garbage body to hell but i feel like i`ve been too scummy to be scum honestly

That is no defense.

I'd rather not claim by the way because I feel I can still be useful. I'll leave it at that. Also, I'd want to cop Opop, because it'd make me feel better about his reasonableness and I like when Opop is town, and if I could kill anyone just like that? It'd probably be imgay. They're the one player who could really be scummy and the new excuse isn't cutting it for me really anymore. They seem to be exactly the type of player who could be easily be coached by they're team mates and the general lack of posts reeks of that for me.

In spirit of that ##vote imgay. I need to re-read some of the stuff said about somber and refresh my memory about them, because they kinda faded away from me there, but generally speaking I could see them easily being on Jedit's team.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Opo

Hasn't hunted scum ever. Still not hunting scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd also vote Asiina. The scum strategy looks to be "keep up third party chat."

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone around?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So I was doing this whole, cop/flip and kill exercise thing for a reason. I wanted to see how people would decide on stuff. Some people wanted to check if a player was town, I guess, rather than check if someone was scum - because I guess if you just wanted to cop someone you were suspicious of, you'd also want to kill them.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

But all over again, I was doing it to see what people would say before my big reveal.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Now I don't have a day cop or anything like that. But I've taken people's responses and weighted them according to how much I trust them. and really, it all boils down to

##kill Asiina

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I got a on-shot kill, the off shoot is I can't vote today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Great shot. I'm betting mafia.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The day's discussion continues merrily, until Amoeba approaches the group with a large spear. Without saying a word he lifts it over his shoulders, leans back, and hurls it... right at Asiina. Asiina doesn't have time to react before the spear lodges itself in her gut.

:s: Asiina, Manza de la Campa, Assassin (mafia-aligned goon), was daykilled by Amoeba102. :s:

The day continues.

:c: Votes are reset.
:h: 10 alive, 6 votes to execute.
:d: Deadline extended by 1 hour for the time between the kill and my arrival to the thread.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 5 Votecount :c:

~:ghost:~

:h: 10 alive, 6 votes to execute
:d: Day 5 deadline: Tuesday, April 7th, ~11:59PM EST. Or, in about 13 hours from this post.

List of living players:
- 100Yrs
- Amoeba
- Anonnarco
- CPig
- chaoslord
- imgay
- merk
- Opop
- Somber
- Ninth

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My money would be on Opop, then.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Good shot!

What im trying to figure out now is whether or not asiina was bussing somber every time she was voting him.

It sees like a bussy vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Opo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
People who are dying today:
100Yrs