Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If any of the Brit-goons are going to resistanz, I'll see you in Sheffield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
teethgrinder, how was Seabound?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Yes teethgrinder talk to us, we need you to remedy our misery at not being able to see Seabound live

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

KMFDM was pretty much perfect from Naive through mdfmk, with Adios being the worst of the bunch but still having plenty of fine stuff. From then on it's just been varying degrees of terrible, with Attak and WWIII at least having some identity of their own before Hau Ruck showed up and established the incredibly bland formula we'd have ever since.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

The venue was merely okay...mixing on the vocals was rather low, but then we were right up in front.

They ditched the lasers they had last time for a live drummer, always great. Frank is super charming, engaging, and expressive. At one point he stopped the show to have the crowd sing happy birthday into his phone for his three year old daughter. :glomp:

The goth contingent was there, but the show attracted a much bigger variety of people than usual for the scene. That said, The Birthday Massacre and Decoded Feedback were there, heh.

My friends kept commenting they've never seen me so animated ha. I had an amazing time.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=ZbQGhJDhfUM

This is finally happening!!! I'm really happy to hear Raymond's voice again :3:.

e: Also the same recycled lyrics from 30 years ago!

Future Days fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 2, 2015

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Puntification posted:

If any of the Brit-goons are going to resistanz, I'll see you in Sheffield.

gently caress yeah. I'll be the girl with blue hair and a "caustic, what a dildo" t-shirt tomorrow. Say hi if you see me! (octopus isn't going, he's a loser)

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

gently caress yeah. I'll be the girl with blue hair and a "caustic, what a dildo" t-shirt tomorrow. Say hi if you see me! (octopus isn't going, he's a loser)

I can't deny this.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Future Days posted:

This is finally happening!!! I'm really happy to hear Raymond's voice again :3:.

Came here to post this. To be honest I never expected to hear anything from primitive race, ever. It is really drat good to hear Raymond again. I don't know if it's posted anywhere else but he's also doing something with the guy from Cubanate, the compound eye sessions

http://www.amazon.com/Compound-Eye-Sessions-Pig-Lord/dp/B00U8VFLLY

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Came here to post this. To be honest I never expected to hear anything from primitive race, ever. It is really drat good to hear Raymond again. I don't know if it's posted anywhere else but he's also doing something with the guy from Cubanate, the compound eye sessions

http://www.amazon.com/Compound-Eye-Sessions-Pig-Lord/dp/B00U8VFLLY

He was supposed to do a full album with Mark Heal, who only managed to complete two songs with him, which are loving great.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

teethgrinder posted:

The venue was merely okay...mixing on the vocals was rather low, but then we were right up in front.

They ditched the lasers they had last time for a live drummer, always great. Frank is super charming, engaging, and expressive. At one point he stopped the show to have the crowd sing happy birthday into his phone for his three year old daughter. :glomp:

The goth contingent was there, but the show attracted a much bigger variety of people than usual for the scene. That said, The Birthday Massacre and Decoded Feedback were there, heh.

My friends kept commenting they've never seen me so animated ha. I had an amazing time.

For Architect, were they doing the vocal stuff off of Mine, or just older stuff like Consume Adapt Create and all?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Just one vocal track Mine. I think he tried to explain why the vocalist wasn't with him, but unfortunately I couldn't hear.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

teethgrinder posted:

Just one vocal track Mine. I think he tried to explain why the vocalist wasn't with him, but unfortunately I couldn't hear.

That's too bad, but the other stuff is still great. Thanks!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Holy moly I want the new Kevorkian Death Cycle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTM7muus7fQ

Pretty cheesing acting! But drat that's pretty good. More here:

http://ngpofficial.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-god

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Resistanz amazing as per usual. Waste, dirty k and da octopusss my stand out acts. If you are planning on going in the future I recommend you make it to 2016 as it will be the last Resistanz.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

If you are planning on going in the future I recommend you make it to 2016 as it will be the last Resistanz.

Wait, what?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

The guy who largely runs the show is stopping it for various reasons. (I suspect the work involved.) I asked him if he was considering passing on the torch like Infest had a couple times and he outright said no.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Babby Sathanas posted:

The guy who largely runs the show is stopping it for various reasons. (I suspect the work involved.) I asked him if he was considering passing on the torch like Infest had a couple times and he outright said no.

That sucks :-(

While I prefer Infest for a couple of reasons, it was good to have a second festival in the UK, as well as one that had a different vibe and a different take on the scene.

Hopefully they'll at least go out with something big next year then!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Hopefully they'll at least go out with something big next year then!

Scooter?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I Die You Die has been putting out weekly podcasts recently and the quality has been pretty good, maybe even better since they get twice the episodes to spread out all the weird random stuff. Not that I mind wrestlechat, I'm just saying. They had ol' Caustic on to talk about kickstarting.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Babby Sathanas posted:

Oh ffs that's disappointing.

Agreed that Resistanz was great though, for me 3teeth killed it and were every bit as awesome if not more so than as I'd hoped, comaduster and author&punisher were some of my other favourites. The A&P dude looked in physical pain working the machinery to make his music at times and that may have been the most industrial thing ever and completely great.

Future Days posted:

Glad this is actually happening, I think Raymond could probably get away with reading out his weekly shopping list in songs and I'd think it sounded awesome :D

Antagonism
Jul 28, 2010

Babby Sathanas posted:

Resistanz amazing as per usual. Waste, dirty k and da octopusss my stand out acts. If you are planning on going in the future I recommend you make it to 2016 as it will be the last Resistanz.

Indeed - highlights for me were 3 Teeth, Dirty K and Author & Punisher (for both the music and his setup - and yeah, probably the most "industrial" thing I've ever seen).

Shame about Leighton packing it in, as this was my first Tanz - all the more reason to go next year of course! :)

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Covenant in Denver! Who else is here tonight?

E: oh poo poo

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 8, 2015

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Hay! I saw you.
I was the drunk in the light blue shirt.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Covenant in Austin later this month with Alter Der Ruine :getin:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Covenant on Monday in Toronto ... but I'm going to miss Decoded Feedback unfortunately.

I drunkenly Facebook messaged Eskil a few months ago. He promised they'd play Monochrome :shobon:

Literally my all-time favourite song. Seen them three times and no Monochrome.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm so loving mad I still haven't seen Covenant live

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I saw them once in a pretty small intimate venue, just before the last song they're all "we only have time for one more song, which one shall we play?" and the entire room started shouting for Call The Ships To Port.
So they played Dead Stars.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Babby Sathanas posted:

I saw them once in a pretty small intimate venue, just before the last song they're all "we only have time for one more song, which one shall we play?" and the entire room started shouting for Call The Ships To Port.
So they played Dead Stars.

Towards the very end of the first ever and thus far only Project Pitchfork show in Helsinki, Peter asked the audience what we wanted to hear. Someone shouted Way of the World, to which Peter answered "Sorry, it's not ready yet" and then they just immediately launched into Rescue which was going to be the last song of the evening anyway :mad:

I do think it probably was a mistake, though, it seemed like Jansen either pressed play accidentally or didn't pay attention to Peter asking the audience for requests?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Architect/Seabound TONIGHT. Anyone in Tampa going? Going to assume no.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

One or two lucky US shows got Cesium 137 opening. I did get to see them once ages ago and they were so much drat fun.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Yeah, I added an extra hour to my drive to go to the Delaware show to catch Cesium 137. They seemed to take a couple of songs to get going, but then they had a lot of energy and were really fun

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I either said hi to Daniel Myer outside the club or just some dude. Not sure.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So ien oblique. I didn't know much about them but there is something off with his vocal tone compared to the music. He has a decent voice but it's off putting.

Yes I am live posting from a show. My wife hates this poo poo.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Daniel Myer has just commanded us to dance. More to follow.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Architect was pretty good. I felt kind of bad that the crowd wasn't really into it but I guess that's the fate of many opening acts. Seabound was great and my wife had to drive home due to copious beer consumption. The drumming seemed kind of weird in that the drum mix clearly over powered anything he was doing so it was kind of lost. Overall good show, highly recommended.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I remember seeing Daniel Myer play with Covenant, and when Eskil did his round of introductions, the crowd flipped their poo poo for Myer. And the ... uhh ... other guy did an "aww" sound with his synthesized voice.

I kind of feel bad I don't know his name. Because he's great too.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm so loving mad I still haven't seen Covenant live

You're missing out. More energy in those old guys for >2 hrs than I ever had. I mostly do metal concerts and Covenant wore me out harder.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Seeing them tomorrow!!

And yeah, Eskil loves getting the crowd going. His enthusiasm and their music brings it out in the crowd. VNV Nation gets people going too, but Ronin has to desperately yell at people until they do. I got personally called out last time for not moving enough hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
When I went to a VNV Nation show it was one of the most active crowds I've seen, everyone was dancing. He only yelled at people who were filming or putting their glasses on the stage. I never had the chance to see Covenant though, unfortunately.