Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Jastiger posted:

He is also correct on topics of religion most of the time, and no one really dislikes him, they just do it to seem "cool" hth.

Jastiger posted:

Doesn't make him wrong, nor his detractors right.

all his critiques of 'religion' are merely critiques of judeo-christian religion. none of his critiques of religion in general have anything valid or to say about the brahman/atman dynamic of vedic hinduism, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ocean Book posted:

all his critiques of 'religion' are merely critiques of judeo-christian religion. none of his critiques of religion in general have anything valid or to say about the brahman/atman dynamic of vedic hinduism, for example.

None of that shows I'm wrong :confused:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Jastiger posted:

None of that shows I'm wrong :confused:

you said his critiques of religion are 'mostly right' but he doesn't have anything to say about religion itself, only about the literalist fraction of a fraction of currently extant religious beliefs, which he is too stupid to realize doesn't encompass all of religion. Evidence -

what he does have to say about religion is so limited in scope and ambition you would have to be a moron to find at all interesting. "Oh, there isn't a giant man in the sky who gets mad about things?? great point mr. dawkins, never thought of it like that". he deserves the same level of praise and admiration as a mathematician who spends his time proving the transitive property over and over.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
how sure are you that dookie dwarfkin is not an automated twitterbot?

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

the moon is pretty divine imo

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
Ricardo Dhalsim Interviews Comboist Juanita Rose

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ocean Book posted:

you said his critiques of religion are 'mostly right' but he doesn't have anything to say about religion itself, only about the literalist fraction of a fraction of currently extant religious beliefs, which he is too stupid to realize doesn't encompass all of religion. Evidence -

what he does have to say about religion is so limited in scope and ambition you would have to be a moron to find at all interesting. "Oh, there isn't a giant man in the sky who gets mad about things?? great point mr. dawkins, never thought of it like that". he deserves the same level of praise and admiration as a mathematician who spends his time proving the transitive property over and over.

Except that is literally what religious folks believe. ...a man or power is in the sky in some way shape or form. They believe things without evidence which is inferior to things with evidence. He can be rude but that doesn't make him wrong just because It bugs some people.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
RIP this thread, which was funny for a few pages

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Is this the thread where everyone hates muslims I can't remember

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Is this the thread where everyone hates muslims I can't remember

Yeah, it's every thread everywhere.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

Except that is literally what religious folks believe. ...a man or power is in the sky in some way shape or form. They believe things without evidence which is inferior to things with evidence. He can be rude but that doesn't make him wrong just because It bugs some people.

you should probably go talk to some religious people about what they believe

i hear they get together once a week or something

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

you may not like it, i may not like it, dawkins won't like it, but the aliens probably will be religious and all you can hope is they aren't some kind of Space Rednecks

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

solaranus posted:

you should probably go talk to some religious people about what they believe

i hear they get together once a week or something

But I AM religious.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

But I AM religious.

Then you're either a really boring and unfunny troll, or an idiot that thinks you can sum billions of individual beliefs into one homogenous statement.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
"But doctor...I AM religious!"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

solaranus posted:

Then you're either a really boring and unfunny troll, or an idiot that thinks you can sum billions of individual beliefs into one homogenous statement.

I follow Ricardo Dhalsim (PBUH).

Also you are wrong.

Dwayne (The Dick) Dawkson

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

Except that atheists aren't comparable to pedophiles or the ultra-rich at all.

have you read any of the tweets we've been posting?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

Atheism is a product of post-Reformation Confessionalism., it doesn't make sense is any other context. Also people in Sri Lanka don't watch panel shows where English nerds harrumph at one another.

Top City Homo posted:

He's saving this card for when he finally drunk-tweets "jus hang all the fukken wogs already cunts"

My account was run by an assistant and he's been sacked. I respect all the diverse peoples of this godless globe.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Top City Homo posted:

there is a sorta generator
http://community.usvsth3m.com/generator/richard-dawkins-apology-generator
but it's not as funny as his real tweets

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
11 goddamn pages and there is not one loving pixel of dhalsim you goddamn queers

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

11 goddamn pages and there is not one loving pixel of dhalsim you goddamn queers

it hasn't been called this for very long, but thank you for the dhalsim images

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tamerlame posted:

the moon is pretty divine imo

Moon god?

F hole
May 13, 2008

:supaburn:
YOGA FLAME

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

lmfao. You can just type in "dawkins stupid tweet" and find a thousand things

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

there is a sorta generator
http://community.usvsth3m.com/generator/richard-dawkins-apology-generator
but it's not as funny as his real tweets

This one isn't bad

"If you used the appliance of science you would see your simple logical fallacy."

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Ocean Book posted:

The first questions aliens will ask us is "have you heard about Space Jesus" because without a doubt they're going to be missionaries.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Twink Twerkings is wrong.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
dang this thread title changes faster than a selfish gene

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
imo if you want to learn about a grown up evolutionary biologist peruse the works of Setphen J Gould

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just assumed every time i saw it that someone had made a new parody thread

star trek
Apr 7, 2009
Dungy Duldrums

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Jastiger posted:

thats only a fraction of what the term religious encompasses, which is why you and dawkins are dumb-wrongs

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know, I looked up what kind of woman would have an insufferable jerk like Dip Diggins and it turns out he's married to Romana. ROMANA. But more importantly, married.

Marriage. A religious institution.

Your move, Drip Dworkins. Your move. :smug:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There's such a thing as a state marriage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Carbon dioxide posted:

There's such a thing as a state marriage.

No, all secular perversions of religious traditions are still derived from religious traditions, and could not have arisen in a vacuum, only by the direct influence of Jehovah.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome interviews Fairy Godchild Timmy Turner

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dicky Duckling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ocean Book posted:

thats only a fraction of what the term religious encompasses, which is why you and dawkins are dumb-wrongs

Creationist apologist spotted.

• Locked thread