Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ughhh fine

##unvote
##vote 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote 100

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:c: Lights Out votecount :c:

:redhammer: 100yrs (4): Somber, merk, Anarc, chaoslord

chaoslord (0): ANarc, -Anarc

:siren: LIGHTS OUT :siren:

:h: 6 alive, 4 to execute
:d: Deadline: April 11th, 1:48 AM EDT.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ecco took AN out of votefinder instead of imgay haha

##vote Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Confession time. I'm a Survivor, please let me win.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Confession time. I'm a Survivor, please let me win.

##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote somber

No way.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only way that flies is if you claimed it days ago. A Survivor claim is scum's only shot of winning here. It's why I prioritized imgay over 100 - he said he wanted to just live.

You have to go now. Sorry, Somb.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Please show up people! We need to lunch everyone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote somber

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
chaoslooooooooooord

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba! TNL! Please show up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

:rip:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

merk posted:

Please show up people! We need to lunch everyone.

:ghost:I'm here to vote, OH WAIT:ghost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
He's -1 I think. Please hammer.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba!!!!!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That wasn't so bad.

Somber is -1 yes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also

EccoRaven posted:

*looking at my running clothes, mustering the energy to put them on, walking outside and not immediately turning around, jogging for a minute then running then walking then running then walking then cursing under my breath how out of shape I am then running then walking then cursing over my breath how out of shape I am and how much I hate running then running then walking then debating if I want to mulligan then realizing I mulligan'd last time so I have to do it this time then running and running and then finishing then going home and taking a shower.

This is me when I referee soccer

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Even when I want to run, my dog does not especially. I know I should probably just take her on a walk and then go run afterwards, but that's so much time.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hello I'm here.

##vote Somber :redhammer:?

I don't think he's third-party anyway, or if he is maybe he shouldn't have been so anti third-party.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote chaoslord

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is he the last one?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Somber was hammered!

Chaos has 1 vote.

5 alive, 3 to execute

Deadline: lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:c: Lights Out votecount :c:

:redhammer: Somber (4): chaoslord, -chaoslord, merk, Anarc, chaoslord, TNL

:siren: LIGHTS OUT :siren:

:h: 5 alive, 3 to execute
:d: New Deadline: April 10th, 9:33 PM EDT.

chaoslord (1): merk

efb~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You keep shining on you beautiful diamond.

I'm going to be running errands today, if you guys decide to quit just hold your horses until I can process everything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba, can you verify TNL is in the masonry?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote chaos

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Eh

##vote chaoslord

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:redhammer:

See you all in an hour or so when I get back from the store~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hi sorry not sorry for the delay, a few minutes after I got back from running my errands my roommate came home early so we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening together watching television and eating snacks. She's kind of a little more important than a mafia game, but now she's gone to bed and I am too so here's the scoop!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Love is a tempest,
Every breeze must be heard,
And even the savage word,
In love's storm may become blessed.
It stops soldiers in their places,
It gives priests their holy graces,
It lulls beasts from their chases;
Love grants the prisoners rest.
Only love may clean the scoundrel.
Only love may free my people.
It travels up the rotting tree,
Winding and crawling,
Like ivy,
And it binds from branch to branch,
From leaf to leaf,
Until it flowers and blooms,
Dispelling all misery and gloom.

Love is the answer. Love is the question.

Love is the key to our very salvation."

~ Excerpt from "Breath of Ivy" by Aldonza Jara.

==========================================

Merk stood before the crowds triumphant. It had been a long and hard-fought revolution, but now the day had finally dawned. The eight remaining people in the town square, who were obviously not the entire city of Madriu but just certain chosen representatives, that'd be absurd, a city of just twenty-one people, but I digress, the final few people could very neatly be divided in two. On the one hand was everyone merk knew and trusted beyond a doubt to be loyal members of the revolution. On the other was everyone who merk didn't know, didn't trust, and would be more comfortable if they just died.

And so they did. One by one they were dragged and hanged at the now-well-worn gallows in the town square. Investigating their homes revealed merk's suspicions were correct - they weren't all to be trusted.

:s: imgay, Modesto Olmo, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed day 6. :s:
:s: Somberbrero, Mayote "Mayo" Fuerte, Villager (town-aligned vanilla), executed day 6. :s:
:s: 100YrsofAttitude, Alfredo Guerre, Healer (mafia-aligned doctor), executed day 6. :s:
:s: chaoslord, Gonçal Salazar, Assassin (mafia-aligned goon), executed day 6.
:s:

All that were left of the original twenty-one were merk, AnonymousNarcotics, Amoeba102, and the Ninth Layer. The assassins sent by the King were all brutally crushed, hunted down and killed one by one. Even the special forces, the so-called "King's Guard," could not defeat the revolution. Its spirit and fervor became entwined throughout the whole of Madriu as its citizens began organizing themselves into a commune, based on the principles of love and liberty. But merk's designs did not end with just the city.
The next morning, after shipping the bodies of his assassins and guards to the King as definitive proof of their defeat, each of the four revolutionaries picked a cardinal direction and left Madriu. They traveled to every town and city on the roads, singing of what had happened, and promising that they, too, can someday throw off the shackles of tyranny and live in peace and freedom. The whole of the Livireen was soon in flames; entire regions were throwing up their banners and declaring their independence. The King sent wave after wave of his assassins at the rebels, but with the help of the veterans of Madriu, the cities' militias dispatched the assassins one by one.
It was only a matter of time before the revolt reached the river provinces as well. As the cities controlling the aqueducts each joined the revolution themselves, the gatekeepers let the water once again flow freely. After so many weeks of misery the highlands of the Jaharod - and of course plucky Madriu - were again flush with life.
The war with Arrentia ended a few weeks later. Arrentish armies and navies flooded into the capital city, and Queen Krelo III's Praetorienne Guard rushed into the King's Alcazar, only to find he had committed suicide. The Queen, in recognition that her victory came not by her alone, granted the Livireen autonomous status. The cities that had revolted were to remain almost entirely independent, electing their rulers and only paying tribute to the Queen when necessary due to war. The Queen in turn made sure that water, the source of all life, never again be denied to anyone for any reason, and must always be as free to access as air and sun.
"To be denied water is to be denied life," the Queen is recorded to have said. "And to be denied life is to be denied love. And without love, this world crumbles beneath us."

:guitar:
merk, Aldonza Jara, Singer (revolution-aligned empowerer);
AnonymousNarcotics, Clementina de la Parra, Guitarist (revolution-aligned empowerer);
The Ninth Layer, Ivan Mango, Villager (town revolution-aligned vanilla); and
Amoeba102, Pedro Ibañez, Villager (town revolution-aligned vanilla);
...have satisfied their win condition and won the game!

:sax:
The town has satisfied their win condition and won the game!

:hitler:
All mafia-aligned and king/guard-aligned players have failed to satisfy their win conditions and lost the game!

GAME OVER HOORAY.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 11, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Misery of Madriu

A Game for 21 players

GIMMICK:
TWO MINI-FACTIONS EMPOWERING/DEVOICING THE TOWN RESPECTIVELY.

- 3 Revolutionaries: town-aligned survivors. Win IF AND ONLY IF the Singer is alive at the end of the game AND the town has won.
--- 1 Singer: targets players in the game at night, empowering them with abilities. The players are told they are recruited into a town-cult with the Singer as their incommunicable leader (OOT chat for all "recruits"). Singer does not know any of this, just thinks she's an empowerer.
----- Players targeted by the Singer receive one-shot powers depending on who else is alive. 3 revolutionaries: vig-kill next day. Two: investigation. One: vig-kill again.
----- If the Singer targets a Mafia-aligned player, the empowering fails but the Singer isn't informed why specifically. If the Singer targets a Guard-aligned player, the empowering fails AND the Singer is told why. Three mistakes = boom.
----- Singer cannot target fellow Revolutionaries.
--- 1 Guitarist: Human Shield(Night) for the Singer; is the actual target of all night actions on the Singer. Can target players at night, giving them one-shot roleblocks to use at their leisure.
--- 1 Dancer: Human Shield(Day) for the Singer. Same as Guitarist, but for day actions. Can target players at night and give them one-shot protections.

- 3 Elite Guard: scum-aligned hunters. Wins IF AND ONLY IF the Singer is dead and a Guard is still alive (auto-wins if the scum win and a Guard is alive).
--- 1 Rolecop
--- 1 Janitor: mops up and learns all night flips until killed, then all flips are revealed publicly. Auto-mops up any Guard deaths that happen.
--- 1 Socerer: targets a player at night, turning them invisible. The player cannot post or vote, and is not announced to have died. If targeted again they are excised from the game entirely; if not they rematerialize.

- 5 Assassins: standard mafia.
--- 1 Jailor
--- 1 Hitman (can perform a daykill in lieu of the mafia's nightkill both nights BEFORE and AFTER the kill. Cannot be used day 1)
--- 1 Doctor
--- 2 Goon

- 10 Town
--- 1 Triplevoter (aww yiss); can give all three votes permanently to other players at leisure as a night action.
--- 1 White Mage
--- 1 Elite Bodyguard
--- 1 Doctor
--- 6 Vanilla

==========================================

Player List:

1) merk - Aldonza Jara - Singer (revolution-aligned empowerer)
2) AnonymousNarcotics - Clementina de la Parra - Guitarist (revolution-aligned empowerer)
3) Pinterest Mom - Nilda Sosa - Dancer (revolution-aligned empowerer)

5) CCKeane - Carlos Quentino - Spy (king-aligned rolecop)
6) a worthy uhh/me in reverse - Imne Osrevni - Redhands (king-aligned janitor)
7) Quandary - Quales Respueta - Sorcerer (king-aligned eradicator)

8) CapitalistPig - Santiago Videla - Brute (mafia-aligned jailor)
8) Jedit - Augusto Tigroso - Killer (mafia-aligned hitman)
9) 100YrsofAttitude - Alfredo Guerre - Healer (mafia-aligned doctor)
10) Glockenapfel Asiina - Manza de la Campa - Assassin (mafia-aligned goon)
11) Meinberg wins32767 chaoslord - Gonçal Salazar - Assassin (mafia-aligned goon)

12) winvirus - Anton Abreu - Charismatic Townie (town-aligned triple-voter)
13) QuoProQuid - Sant-Kreys (a.k.a. Dondara Quidioma) - Angel (town-aligned white mage)
14) numerik - Alonso de la Reys - Veteran (town-aligned elite bodyguard)
15) Ernie. - Ernesto Molina - Healer (town revolution-aligned doctor)
16) imgay - Modesto Olmo - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
17) Somberbrero - Mayote "Mayo" Fuerte - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
18) The Ninth Layer - Ivan Mango - Villager (town revolution-aligned vanilla)
19) Opopanax - Padraig Perez - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
20) Little Mac - Jocasta Marino - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
21) Amoeba102 - Pedro Ibañez - Villager (town revolution-aligned vanilla)

================================================

Day 1:
Glockenapfel is replaced by Asiina
Meinberg is replaced by wins is replaced by chaoslord
numerik is modkilled
Town executes: jedit

Night 1:
merk sings for Quandary
Anonnarco plays for Asiina; fails, she's jailed
PMom dances for QPQ; gives him a one-shot protection power
Keane rolecops Anonnarco
Quandary erases merk -> redirected to Anonnarco (fails due to QPQ protection)
CPig jails Asiina
100Yrs protects CPig
chaos kills winvirus
QPQ whitemages merk, redirected to Anonnarco
Ernie protects QPQ

Day 2:
Town executes Quandary

Night 2:
merk sings for MiR (omg)
Anonnarco plays for Ninth
PMom dances for Ernie
Keane rolecops merk (fails, jailed)
CPig jails Keane
100Yrs protects Asiina
chaos kills QPQ
QPQ whitemages Keane (lol)
Ernie protects merk

Day 3:
Town executes MiR

Night 3:
merk sings for Ernie
Anonnarco plays for Amoeba (FAILS, jailed)
PMom dances for Ninth
Keane rolecops Ninth
CPig jails merk (-> Anon)
100Yrs protects chaoslord
chaos kills Ernie
Ernie protects merk
Ninth one-shot roleblocks: Amoeba

Day 4:
Town executes Little Mac, CCKeane

Night 4:
merk sings for Amoeba
Anonnarco plays for CPig, fails, jailed
PMom dances for 100Yrs
CPig jails Anon
100Yrs protects chaos
chaos kills PMom
Ninth one-shot protects merk -> redirected to Anon, action fails, Anon is jailed

Day 5:
Town executes Opop, CPig

Night 5:
merk sings for Ninth
Anonnarco plays for Amoeba
100yrs protects Anon
chaos kills merk (redirected to Anon, fails due to protection lol)

Day 6:
Town executes everyone but merk, Anon, Amoeba, and Ninth

GAME OVER
TOWN WINS
REVOLUTIONARIES WIN

================================================

Role PMs:

merk - Aldonza Jara - Singer (revolution-aligned empowerer)
Music can never be conquered. For as long as there are the waves of noise, ears to hear and voices to sing, music will resound throughout the world and from the beginning of time until its end. The songs that most need to be heard are those of the downtrodden, the oppressed - those who try to speak and who are silenced as punishment. You started out as a singer in a tavern in Madriu singing schmaltzy songs about beautiful lovers and heroic fighters, but in the candlelight of your room you scribbled lyrics and tunes for songs more profound. You wrote about the murder of your parents by the King's guards; about the burning of the town of Jacquen by an angry Prince; the pain of losing your only child to the flu. You began singing these songs on street corners and in the rougher taverns of the city, developing a reputation for singing something new, different, and ultimately more emotionally resonant.
But everything changed when your brother died in the war with Arrentia. You loved him more than anything; he was your idol and protector in the darkest nights, and now he is dead. Your music began taking a much more revolutionary fervor - the war, the violence, the death of your family and countless others, the pestilence, the famine - it is the result of not just this King, but all kings and tyrants in every land from here to Zariposa. You began singing to large crowds of similarly angry Madriuleños whenever anyone was willing to listen, and you developed a large following.
Despite numerous arrests and beatings by the town guards, your message of hope was never crushed. Eventually the Madriuleños sang your songs en masse as they rioted, and last week when they deposed the town's Prince, they sang "The Glory Awakens" cheerfully over bottles of wine and kegs of beer raided from the Prince's stores. Everyone knew the water would be shut off, but they believed in you. You taught them to have courage, to stand firm and outlast even the strongest foes.
And you believed they could have done it, too, if it weren't for the King's Assassins in the city. They are seeking to crush this revolt, and you with it. Now you have gone into hiding with two of your closest followers writing new songs and beginning a second revolution. Their faith in you is absolute - do not let them down.

You are a revolutionary! You seek to eliminate the assassins that have snuck into your city and as such win when all scum players are eliminated. However, you have an additional win condition: the survival of the revolutionary singer Aldonza Jara (merk). In order to win the game, merk must be alive to see a town victory. Your team consists of: merk (obv), AnonymousNarcotics, and Pinterest Mom. You are all confirmed to share the same win conditions and may talk freely OOT throughout the game.
Additionally, you specifically have the power of your revolutionary voice. You've been writing new songs and poems about this revolution, and during the night you may sing them outside the window of a player of your choice. If that player shares your revolutionary fervor (i.e. they are town), they will become so inspired by your words that they will face the assassins with renewed spirit and strength. You cannot sing to your fellow revolutionary-aligned players, and if you sing to a scum player it could end badly for you.
You are also aware that there is someone (or someones) looking to destroy you, knowing your death would bring a decisive blow to the revolution. Be careful.
You are an empowerer and you are revolution-aligned.

AnonymousNarcotics - Clementina de la Parra - Guitarist (revolution-aligned empowerer)
They say that people first learned how to sing and make music before they learned how to speak. Viramisa, the goddess of music, descended from the heavens and granted humanity the ability to chant and change their pitch at will. From there we learned the syncopation of words and harmony of life, and for a brief time everyone sang to each other their thoughts and feelings in a beautiful chorus. Then, millennia ago, a wicked king used evil magicks to remove harmonies entirely, leaving us with just words with no song behind them. People now speak to each other in one tone, their inflections a pathetic reminder of the glory of the world that once was.
This is the dark age in which we currently live. But there are angels out there, people who have been gifted by the goddesses with the Song of the World, and who can return us all to the time before. One such woman is Aldonza Jara, a peasant in your hometown of Madriu, whose voice has inspired an entire peoples to revolt against the King and declare independence. Now the King is seeking revenge by destroying the town - and more importantly, Aldonza. You must protect her at all costs, in order to keep the Song of the World safe.

You are a revolutionary! You seek to eliminate the assassins that have snuck into your city and as such win when all scum players are eliminated. However, you have an additional win condition: the survival of the revolutionary singer Aldonza Jara (merk). In order to win the game, merk must be alive to see a town victory. Your team consists of: merk (obv), AnonymousNarcotics, and Pinterest Mom. You are all confirmed to share the same win conditions and may talk freely OOT throughout the game.
To assist you, you specifically are a very talented guitarist. You have worked with Aldonza for years now, and you have learned some of the ways of inspiring people to greatness. During the night you may target a player in the game and sing outside their window, inspiring them to fear not the assassins and instead to work against them.
However, your priority is Aldonza's survival. As such, you have volunteered to be her human shield at night - all night actions that target merk will instead be automatically redirected to you.

Pinterest Mom - Nilda Sosa - Dancer (revolution-aligned empowerer)
When songs are sung, it is only natural to want to move and sway with the beat. You learned from a young age that if you dance in just the right way, people listen to you, and do things for you. You started dancing in taverns and petty theaters for fun, and, once you were older, for more than just fun. It was a life, and it made you happy and kept food in you belly. But still, part of you wondered if there was more to life than this. Do we just dance until we die, and that is that?
When you met Aldonza, everything changed. When she sings, you feel waves of emotion and energy charge through you from the tips of your toes to the end of your nose. You feel every inch of your body on fire as you dance with the kind of grace normally reserved for the divine beauties. She has, through her songs, given you the meaning of why we are here - life really is just about the dance, but the dance isn't just the dance, the dance is
everything. The subtle movement and the dramatic gesture, the passion and noise followed by the eternal silence. Life is the music to which we all dance, and the meaning of life is to make the song as joyful as possible so that we all may be free to dance in kind.
Together with Aldonza and the rest of the city you managed to kill the tyrant Prince and declared independence from the King. Now assassins are trying to murder the town and everyone in it; and so the song continues.

To assist you, you are equipped with an incredible dancing talent. During the night you may get the attention of another player in the game and dance for them; this dance will so properly capture the spirit of revolutionary fervor that the player will become inspired and face the night with renewed confidence in their ability to withstand the assassins' brutal attacks and march forward to victory.
However, you have pledged your life to Aldonza, and you will come through with that promise. If merk is ever to be executed by the town, you will run to the gallows and take his place, saving his life at the loss of your own.

CCKeane - Carlos Quentino - Spy (king-aligned rolecop)
When the First Assassin's Revolt finished with King Alvarez the Cruel winding up very dead, future kings made sure that they always had a layer of protection between them and their assassins. The King's Guard started out essentially as an honorary title for the King's closest friend and companion (who would also be expected to leap in the path of a crossbow bolt to protect his liege), but today it consists of dozens of men hand-picked by the King Himself to act as his secret police over the towns and cities of the Livireen. You are one such Guardsman; you and your team were recruited out of the Assassins Guild itself, and as such the King often assigns you all on particularly dangerous missions requiring subterfuge and a delicate touch. This time, the King has ordered you to sneak into a rebelling city and murder everyone inside. Specifically, a revolutionary leader whose voice is inspiring the masses to take to the streets. The King knows nothing else about him (or her), but the lyrics to one of their songs reached his ears, and he demands their head on a platter. You happily said yes.
You are a member of the King's Guard! You seek to crush the revolution and bring the King's Order back to Madriu, and to that effect, you win when the town is destroyed. However, you are also here on business. There is a player in the game who is an influential leader of the revolution; you can only win the game if that player is dead, AND at least one member of the King's Guard is alive to see it. Note that you will automatically win if the scum achieve a majority of the game and one of you is still alive (since your target will get endgamed). Your scumteam consists of: CCKeane, a worthy uhh/me in reverse, and Quandary. The three of you are confirmed to share the same win condition and may communicate freely OOT.
You specifically are a very skilled spy; you are able to subtly lurk into people's homes at night and rummage through their belongings, discovering their identity. You may target a player at night and you will receive the top line of their role PM (e.g. CCKeane - Carlos etc.).
You are a rolecop and you are king-aligned.

a worthy uhh/me in reverse - Imne Osrevni - Redhands (king-aligned janitor)
Among the assassins of the Guild, there are different castes for the different types of jobs. Each caste is different, and though some are more well-regarded in the guild than others, none have any de jure power or authority over the rest. The Assassins' Guild recognizes that there is a place for everyone and everyone in his place.
Your place, unfortunately, is chopping up corpses and mutilating cadavers to make them unidentifiable.
The Redhands specialize in cutting off hands, chopping off heads, and ripping apart torsos so that the dead stay dead in the most meaningful sense of the term. When you kill someone, you are snuffing out the life that person would have gotten to experience, but as long as it is known the person died, people can mourn and the memory of the dead may live on. But someone disappearing in the middle of the night and never being seen again, while a few days later an unidentifiable corpse is discovered five towns over, well, that's how you can be sure they are truly, truly dead.
As a member of the King's Guard, the King Himself hand selected you from the Assassins' Guild to perform other brutal acts against enemies to the throne. Now you're in some city in the hills of Jaharod to kill some singer; should be an easy job if you keep your head low.

You are a member of the King's Guard! You seek to crush the revolution and bring the King's Order back to Madriu, and to that effect, you win when the town is destroyed. However, you are also here on business. There is a player in the game who is an influential leader of the revolution; you can only win the game if that player is dead, AND at least one member of the King's Guard is alive to see it. Note that you will automatically win if the scum achieve a majority of the game and one of you is still alive (since your target will get endgamed). Your scumteam consists of: CCKeane, a worthy uhh/me in reverse, and Quandary. The three of you are confirmed to share the same win condition and may communicate freely OOT.
To assist you, you are a skilled eraser of human existence. You cannot perform a nightkill, but all players who die at night will have their flip erased (except in your memory). Additionally, to help keep your activities secret from the town, all king-aligned players will also have their flips erased regardless of when they die. However, if you yourself are ever killed, all the flips you have acquired will be revealed.

Quandary - Quales Respueta - Sorcerer (king-aligned eradicator)
The Livireen is not known to be totally accepting of magicks; magicians are seen at best as a dangerous nuisance, and at worst as a harbinger of death and supernatural horrors. So when you were a young boy and found yourself gifted with a magickal talent, you initially tried to hide it. One fateful day, though, you were helping your father till the soil on the farm when you saw a small weasel scurry past your leg. You screamed, pointed your fingers at it, and shot a bolt of flaming lightning into the ground, causing a small explosion. You were sent to a home after that.
When you were seven you were adopted from the home by a family that at a glance seemed to have your best interests at heart. In truth they were a front for the Assassins' Guild, looking for new sorcerers to pad out the ranks. They brutally trained you in ever harder and more complicated magicks, each new spell slowly chipping off a piece of your sanity (and your humanity). But they built you into who you are today: the strongest sorcerer in all the Livireen short of the Court Mages themselves, who supposedly have died and been reborn for countless eons.
In acknowledgement of your skill, you were promoted from the Guild to the King's Guard, hand-picked by His Majesty Himself to do his dirty work in secret corners of the kingdom. He has ordered you into the town of Madriu to destroy a revolution and brutally murder one of its leaders; you are happy to oblige.

To assist you, you have the power of arcane magicks. Specifically you've been working on a spell that doesn't just kill someone, but it erases their very existence; this town seems like a great testing ground. During the night you may target a player in the game, and if your target is a success, the player will simply vanish - they will not be able to post or vote, and the town will not be informed the player is in any way incapacitated. The subsequent night, if you target them again, the player will be removed from the OP and all references to them in my mod doc will be removed as well. If you do not target them again, they will fade back into reality and return to the game unharmed. Note that if you happen to kill off your target in this way, this counts as a victory.
You are an eradicator and you are king-aligned.

CapitalistPig - Santiago Videla - Brute (assassin-aligned jailor)
The Assassins' Guild is as old as the Livireen itself; some say the rivers were forged not by the waters of God but of the blood of the first of the Guild's victims. It has had its ups and downs - none forget the Trial of King Alvarez the Cruel as one of the Guild's darkest times - but today the Guild is alive and vibrant throughout the kingdom, performing delicate operations keeping the sheep in line. And like wolves, your mission today is to pretend to be simple peasants, but in truth you consume the flock one by one until they surrender. Should be easy enough. You've done missions like this before, and are ready to pound a few faces with your massive fists.
You are an assassin! You have been sent here to quell the rebellion in this town, and as such win when the scum have unassailable control over the vote or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: CapitalistPig, Jedit, 100YrsofAttitude, Glockenapfel, and Meinberg. All of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment and may communicate freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that may be performed by any player on your team in lieu of any other actions they might have.
Additionally, you specifically are known as the "tough guy" on the team. You are good at intimidation and making sure people don't interfere with Guild business. You may, during the night, target a player in the game: you will break into their home, knock them unconscious, and then board up their door so nobody can get in. This will cause them to be unable to perform any actions that night, or have any actions done to them as well.
You are a jailor and you are assassin-aligned.

Jedit - Augusto Tigroso - Killer (assassin-aligned hitman)
The Assassins' Guild is as old as the Livireen itself; some say the rivers were forged not by the waters of God but of the blood of the first of the Guild's victims. It has had its ups and downs - none forget the Trial of King Alvarez the Cruel as one of the Guild's darkest times - but today the Guild is alive and vibrant throughout the kingdom, performing delicate operations keeping the sheep in line. And like wolves, your mission today is to pretend to be simple peasants, but in truth you consume the flock one by one until they surrender. Should be easy enough. You've done missions like this before, and there really is something beautiful about how quickly animals scatter when one of their own is taken down in broad daylight suddenly and seemingly without explanation. How you love your crossbow.
You are an assassin! You have been sent here to quell the rebellion in this town, and as such win when the players have unassailable control over the vote or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: CapitalistPig, Jedit, 100YrsofAttitude, Glockenapfel, and Meinberg. All of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment and may communicate freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that may be performed by any player on your team in lieu of any other actions they might have.
Additionally, you are a skilled crossbowman, armed with the latest in long-range mechanical-bow technology. You may, during the day, either post publicly or PM me ##kill <player>; you will then perform a daykill on that player. Note that you may only use this power if your team voluntarily withheld the nightkill the night before, AND withholds the kill the subsequent night (e.g., ##kill on Day 2 means no nightkill nights 1 or 3). You may not use this power day 1.
You are a hitman and you are assassin-aligned.

100YrsofAttitude - Alfredo Guerre - Healer (assassin-aligned doctor)
The Assassins' Guild is as old as the Livireen itself; some say the rivers were forged not by the waters of God but of the blood of the first of the Guild's victims. It has had its ups and downs - none forget the Trial of King Alvarez the Cruel as one of the Guild's darkest times - but today the Guild is alive and vibrant throughout the kingdom, performing delicate operations keeping the sheep in line. And like wolves, your mission today is to pretend to be simple peasants, but in truth you consume the flock one by one until they surrender. Should be easy enough. You've done a few missions with the Guild, but as a healer you've always sat in the back mending their stupid mistakes. Hopefully this operation is as clean as the other guys all think it'll be and you can return home soon.
You are an assassin! You have been sent here to quell the rebellion in this town, and as such win when the scum have unassailable control over the vote or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: CapitalistPig, Jedit, 100YrsofAttitude, Glockenapfel, and Meinberg. All of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment and may communicate freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that may be performed by any player on your team in lieu of any other actions they might have.
You are also a highly skilled white mage - you have trained at the finest medical academies in the Livireen. You may, during the night, target a player in the game, casting you finest healing spells on them. Any harm that comes to them during the night will be totally mitigated.
You are a doctor and you are assassin-aligned

Glockenapfel Asiina - Manza de la Campa - Assassin (assassin-aligned goon)
Meinberg wins32767 chaoslord - Gonçal Salazar - Assassin (assassin-aligned goon)
The Assassins' Guild is as old as the Livireen itself; some say the rivers were forged not by the waters of God but of the blood of the first of the Guild's victims. It has had its ups and downs - none forget the Trial of King Alvarez the Cruel as one of the Guild's darkest times - but today the Guild is alive and vibrant throughout the kingdom, performing delicate operations keeping the sheep in line. And like wolves, your mission today is to pretend to be simple peasants, but in truth you consume the flock one by one until they surrender. Should be easy enough, but, you've never done this before, so you're going to have to sit back and let the rest of them show you the ropes.
You are an assassin! You have been sent here to quell the rebellion in this town, and as such win when scum players have unassailable control over the vote or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: CapitalistPig, Jedit, 100YrsofAttitude, Glockenapfel, and Meinberg. All of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment and may communicate freely OOT. You have a collective nightkill that may be performed by any player on your team in lieu of any other actions they might have.
You have no other outstanding abilities or powers at this time.
You are a goon and you are assassin-aligned.

winvirus - Anton Abreu - Particularly Loud Townie (town-aligned triple-voter)
The revolution was a triumph; in just a few days the citizens of Madriu rallied in the streets, beat back the town guard, and killed Prince Garacas, declaring independence from the tyranny of the Livireen Kings. Of course, it was the work of hundreds if not thousands of people, but, the history books will very kindly remember your role in the whole affair. Because, really, without you would the revolution have even happened? You were there from the beginning, gathering supporters in the town square; you were at the front lines during the first clashes with the guards; you helped sign the letter to the King announcing the city's secession; and now you sit as the Assistant Regional Chairperson for the fifth district. Well, assistant to the chairperson, but that's just a petty distinction. Now that the town is under attack from assassins within, it's time for you to stand up once more and shout your feelings from the rooftops.
You are a townie! You seek to liberate your city and thwart the King's Assassins, and as such you win when all scum players are eliminated from the game. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
In addition to your normal vote, however, you also have access to TWO more votes, making three total. You may use these votes as you see fit and unvote and revote with them as much as you like. But you must specify unvotes, either by saying the name of the player being unvoted (e.g. ##unvote Rurea), or by just typing ##unvote which will clear all your active votes.
You may also, during the night, give away one, two, or even all three of your votes to other player(s). You can never collect these votes back, so use them wisely.
You are a triple-voter and you are town-aligned.

QuoProQuid - Sant-Kreys (a.k.a. Dondara Quidioma) - Angel (town-aligned white mage)
Many people wonder what happens when they die; do they wake up somewhere else, in some other land of light and freedom? Do they get reborn, perhaps as a slug, or a tree? Or is there nothing, just darkness and nothing more?
The answer is that first thing. You know because you've been there; you died six centuries ago after saving a dozen children from a burning orphanage but ultimately failing to get to that thirteenth kid in time. It is one of the many heavenly realms, and each one can be entered and left freely, but the archangels made sure your house was in the "Died-Saving-Children" neighborhood. It was nice for a few lifetimes, your neighbors were certainly friendly, but you missed the thrill and chaos of life back on the mortal plane. You signed up for a travel visa sixty years ago, and finally got it last month. You descended onto the land and took human form, ready to see what life had to offer. Your first stop was your old house in Madriu - would it even still be there anymore?? - but when you arrived you accidentally found yourself roped into a violent revolution. You have sided with the revolutionaries, and have decided to use your angelic healing powers for good use.

You are a townie! You seek to liberate your city and thwart the King's Assassins, and as such you win when all scum players are eliminated from the game. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You are also an angel from the heavens, which is the source of all white magic. You're no expert, in angel terms, but you are definitely better than your average human. During the night you may target a player in the game; that player will be protected from all harm coming to them both the night they are targeted, and the subsequent night.
You are a white mage and you are town-aligned.

numerik - Alonso de la Reys - Veteran (town-aligned elite bodyguard)
Those of us who appreciate a good cliche know that you should never count your chickens before they hatch, and that the future comes one day at a time. But they also know that bad fences make bad neighbors; that actions speak louder than words; that fathers should never bury their sons, but that it would be better to come home with a shield or on one; that it is a sweet and seemly thing to die for ones country; that history is written by the victors; and that war, war never changes. It is unfortunate when the cliches also summarize your life. A farmer in a small village, you were drafted as a young man into a war, and you haven't been the same since. You lost your eye and your right hand, making you a failure both as a soldier and as a farmer. You became a beggar in the city of Madriu, barely able to get by on the pity of people's feelings towards "our troubled veterans." But there is in your heart the spark of valor and bravery that says you can be important someday, that you can be, at least to one person, the most special person in the world. And maybe that day has come; the city is in open revolt, and now assassins are terrorizing the populace. You want to give a chance to prove your worth, whatever it costs.
You are also a skilled veteran; you are ready to fight and die saving the life of another. To that effect, you may target a player in the game, and if that player is selected for a nightkill, you will not only absorb the kill (dying in their place), but you will also kill the would-be murderer, too.
You are an elite bodyguard and you are town-aligned.

Ernie. - Ernesto Molina - Healer (town-aligned doctor)
The white magick academies of the Livireen teach their doctors to follow one cardinal rule: relieve he who is in pain. And you have spent your life dedicated to the cause of ending suffering: when the paupers of Madriu cried out in hunger, you started a food bank; when your neighbor went into labor, you helped deliver her a child; when a fire started at the orphanage, you were there soothing burns and tending to the mourning. That is the job of a healer; it isn't the prestige or the wealth (though that certainly helps), it's the act of receiving someone who is in pain and leaving them in less pain than when you found them. So when you saw how much suffering the Prince and the Kings were causing the city, you happily joined in the revolution, believing that the cause is just. But now with assassins in the town, you have to work even harder to make sure that you relieve the pain and end the suffering.
You are also a skilled healer, a master of white magicks! During the night you may cast a healing spell on a player in the game; this player will then be free from all harm that comes to them.
You are a healer and you are town-aligned.

imgay - Modesto Olmo - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
Somberbrero - Mayote "Mayo" Fuerte - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
The Ninth Layer - Ivan Mango - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
Opopanax - Padraig Perez - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
Little Mac - Jocasta Marino - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
Amoeba102 - Pedro Ibañez - Villager (town-aligned vanilla)
In the name of revolution many sacrifices must be made. The water shutting off was expected, and you have saved an urn or two of water in your home that, with proper rationing, will be enough to get through the crisis. But assassins? You weren't ready for that at all. Now you need to use your wits to root out the scum in your midst and ensure that the revolution lives on into eternity.
You have no other outstanding powers or abilities at this time.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Huh.

Well, good game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I can confirm 9th is in the masonry and that I sleep sometimes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- I got the basic idea for the setup in February, when I attended a concert of Latin American protest songs of the 1960s and 70s. It was really beautiful, and the thought that music can inspire and raise people up from nothingness - that music can empower even the lowly with strength - was just marvelous. I wanted to make a game that attempted to reflect that.

- The gimmick adapted and changed multiple times as I was developing the setup; initially the guard's erasing power was every night (as opposed to time-delayed every other night), and there was another mechanic in place to remove players' votes, and all sorts of other kills flying around every which way. The only real leftover from that phase of development, though, was the fairly large number of protective roles in the game.

- This was a really, really dysfunctional OOT game. Both merk's team and Keane's all sorta imploded at each other at about the same time. Merk's was the one that barely pulled through, and in the end they eked out the victory. There was a lot of drama behind the scenes (some of which to which I contributed to, whoops), but I think in the end everyone managed to pull themselves together enough. Clearly though "accidentally fullclaiming day 1" might actually be an effective strategy for weird third parties in the future.

- Also WOW I was NOT expecting you all to be so content with a cult in the game, gosh. That was just bonkers. Had merk not been in the same faction doing the cult-ing, I am convinced this game would have gone down way way harder for that team.

- The mafia really did bone themselves by focusing all their attentions on 3P chat; they were feeling pretty good at the end of day 4 iirc, but they didn't see the writing on the wall that this 3P team was rapidly coming to a resolution and they were going to be left holding the bag. Still, it sucks that they got railroaded like they did (again I had no idea people would be that trusting of a cult under even the best of circumstances).

- The guards were obviously supposed to kill merk, and they realized who their target was pretty really quickly thanks to PMom, but they got too greedy and aggressive and it wound up biting them in the butt. Combined with bad luck re: Quandary and jedit, by the end of day 2 they were in a really tricky position, and even the best players would have had a hard time squirming out of it.

- Ummmmm I really like how the game turned out. Sorry for some of the long nights; moving across country was not the best thing to do right as I was starting a mafia game.

- Little things:
--- I gave each of the Singers the last names of famous irl latin american protest singers. Conversely most of the mafia have names incorporated from latin dictators (except for Glockenapfel, for whom I had to do a pun name).
--- Whenever merk successfully sang for someone I mocked up some song lyrics for him as flavor, inspired by the very same songs I heard live in the concert I described above!! I hope he appreciated it.
--- 100Yrs protecting Anon and trying to have chaos kill merk was a little funny if only because it meant he wound up protecting from his own nightkill. There were little hints of the relationship between Anon and merk role-wise that they might have figured out if they put all the pieces on a table and started poking them together, but like I said above they got kinda complacent and by the time they started getting a lot of heat it was too late.
--- I made a few mistakes with night actions here and there (forgot to obscure winvirus's flip; didn't tell Ninth his one-shot protection hadn't been successful; etc.), but that's more a reflection on me being only human and I should make less stupidly-elaborate games in the future.

As a parting note in the past I have been known to get a little heated up in post-game discussions about balance, so I want to just say that, if you have any concerns or criticisms regarding the setup or my modding, I will address them in the following post:

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 11, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I really loved this game even though I had a few mental breakdowns and almost lost for us. I'm surprised I didn't get lynched after all the bullshit I spewed. Go revolution!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Here's the link to our mess of a doc in case anyone cares

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Mr9EhYBpGTJ8sASaVw5Huic5CFncgVjSkxp9u1ns1E/edit?usp=docslist_api

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Would mafia have won if they killed me last night? I thought 100Yrs gambit strategy was the wrong Hail Mary. Go for the VIP might have worked.

• Locked thread