Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

It's probably game time, I will make myself available in the mid afternoon tomorrow and sunday for game times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Hey LordSaturn, I'm real sorry we missed our date tonight, its totally my fault. Want to reschedule?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
2-1 against Viscardus

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Shops finally falls as my luck runs out and TheKingofSprings takes it 2-1. With his millions of artifact hate cards. :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Viscardus posted:

Shops finally falls as my luck runs out and TheKingofSprings takes it 2-1. With his millions of artifact hate cards. :(

I boarded in Containment Priests too game 3 :getin:

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I boarded in Containment Priests too game 3 :getin:

Just to block? Or am I missing something?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Viscardus posted:

Just to block?

I'd rather have one of those than a Merchant's Scroll against you, and you only had so many attackers.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'd rather have one of those than a Merchant's Scroll against you, and you only had so many attackers.

Fair enough. I kind of feel like I should have mulliganed more aggressively Game 3, but part of the problem was I couldn't figure out which cards were actually good against you (besides Chalice for 1). If I knew what you were siding out it might have helped, I dunno. Of course the fact that you just could destroy any of my cards at will didn't help either. :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Viscardus posted:

Fair enough. I kind of feel like I should have mulliganed more aggressively Game 3, but part of the problem was I couldn't figure out which cards were actually good against you (besides Chalice for 1). If I knew what you were siding out it might have helped, I dunno. Of course the fact that you just could destroy any of my cards at will didn't help either. :(

I sided the poo poo out of my Mental Missteps, my Pyroblast, my Flusterstorm, and like 1 GitProbe.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

MySwan posted:

Hey LordSaturn, I'm real sorry we missed our date tonight, its totally my fault. Want to reschedule?

I'm going to take an 0-2 drop, here. My net connection has not been stable enough to enjoy playing internet magic.

Best of luck in your next round!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

March Hare, what time Sunday is good for you? I'd like to start at around 10:00 to 12:00 MST.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Chamale posted:

March Hare, what time Sunday is good for you? I'd like to start at around 10:00 to 12:00 MST.

am or pm? I can probably do like after game of thrones airs today, whatever that is close to midnight eastern.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

still no word from starving autist :(

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Jabor posted:

instantrunoffvote I'll be in IRC a bit over the weekend, or post here if you want to set a time or something.

Sorry I've been out of touch, things have been crazy this week. Just tell me when you want to play, the rest of my time should be free.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Lonely Bridge posted:

still no word from starving autist :(

Sorry, I can't make it, and I'm going to be really busy in the coming weeks. I'm going to have to drop.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

instantrunoffvote posted:

Sorry I've been out of touch, things have been crazy this week. Just tell me when you want to play, the rest of my time should be free.

I'll be keen to get this done this evening (somewhere 11-15 hours from now). Does that work for you?

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Jabor posted:

I'll be keen to get this done this evening (somewhere 11-15 hours from now). Does that work for you?

Sure, I can be there towards the end of that. 1:00 pm GMT sound okay?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

am or pm? I can probably do like after game of thrones airs today, whatever that is close to midnight eastern.

Midnight eastern, then? That works for me.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

instantrunoffvote posted:

Sure, I can be there towards the end of that. 1:00 pm GMT sound okay?

Sounds great, thanks.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
eSporks/gang sines, still on for tonight? Maybe around 10/10:30 est?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oofs sorry today got really hectic. i'm gonna do an extension, i'm out of town tomorrow and tuesday so i dunno if you guys are free to do the feature match weds.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i didn't miss them! feature match going live at http://twitch.tv/gangsines

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Mr. Lawinator got back to me yesterday re: our games. Unfortunately due to eternal format-related brain trauma (8 rounds of legacy yesterday and 8 more of vintage today,) working 12 hours tomorrow, and just not feeling good, I'm not going to be able to play until probably Tuesday.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

I'm waiting in the main server, since I had some issues with the goon server last time.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Chamale posted:

I'm waiting in the main server, since I had some issues with the goon server last time.

Hey I'm just going to scoop, I'm exhausted and forgot about this until now–sorry, hope I didn't keep you up. Also, you had trouble with the goon server (my server) because I took it down.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

Hey I'm just going to scoop, I'm exhausted and forgot about this until now–sorry, hope I didn't keep you up. Also, you had trouble with the goon server (my server) because I took it down.

No worries :)

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
week 4 feature match vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6QZpex0z2E

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm going out of town today until wednesday so lets extend the deadline until then

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

I beat Jabor 2-1. Game one he comboed off through a force, then games 2 & 3 he couldn't actually find any action and I beat him down.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
instantrunoffvote's 2/4 beatdown deck takes it 2-1 over my lots-of-mana-but-no-action combo. Probably some sketchy sideboarding and mulligan decisions contributed to me stopping him from comboing off, but not finding the gas to do anything myself.

Video will be up at some point.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I have now played against shops.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/0 over Mr. Lawinator in 2 good games. Sometimes Big Jugs gets you even after 4 Wastelands. Sometimes this happens.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

I'mma play shops in the next one.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
wow we got culled hard

1) Chamale [2-2] vs Lonely Bridge [2-2] (Chamale drop)
2) gang sines [2-2] vs Jabor [2-2] (Jabor drop)
3) eSporks [2-2] vs MySwan [2-2]
4) The March Hare [1-3] vs kizudarake [1-2-1] (2-0)
5) Viscardus [3-1] vs instantrunoffvote [3-1] (1-2)
6) Ranpire [3-1] vs Fingers McLongDong [3-1] (2-0)
7) TheLawinator [3-1] vs Irony Be My Shield [3-1] (2-0)
FEATURE MATCH: 8) suicidesteve [4-0] vs TheKingOfSprings [4-0] (ID, TKOS wins the exhibition games)

black potus fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 1, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

black potus posted:

wow we got culled hard

FEATURE MATCH: 8) suicidesteve [4-0] vs TheKingOfSprings [4-0]

So how long do we have for this? This is a pretty bad week for me. I could either play Thursday around 10-11 PM or later, Saturday/Sunday early afternoon, or next Thursday night.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
we can be flexible. it's a bad week for me to cast too, so maybe just doing next thursday is best.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
March hare, i'mma be 'round the #mtgoon thurs night around 5:30, 6 pm if'n ya wanna brawl.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Ranpire I'll be available from like 3-5pm friday or after 10:30ish that same night, not available saturday at all, not sure about sunday. I'm on nights this week so it sucks for me.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Ranpire I'll be available from like 3-5pm friday or after 10:30ish that same night, not available saturday at all, not sure about sunday. I'm on nights this week so it sucks for me.

Righto. Late nights are my most available time for the next week or two, I'll try and aim for late Friday, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lonely Bridge, the next couple nights are probably a no-go for me. I can do anytime on Tuesday if you're agreeable to that.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 16, 2015

• Locked thread