Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Roy left cause he saw Daredevil outflip him and realised his only contribution to comic TV was gone :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Roy finally won a fight on his farewell episode. In other news, I'm back on board with the show now that it's featuring humor and threats other than a street level drug dealer.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I'm glad Roy's gone because he's the most boring loving person in the world occasionally he will have a good line but otherwise his whole character has been wasted.

Here here. There were so many things his character could have been. It's actually kind of comforting to know that now he will never be any of them, rather holding onto vain hope. Farewell, Roy, maybe now you can be a real boy :unsmith:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Was anyone else hoping Diggle would of punched Oliver in the face when he pushed him?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

Was anyone else hoping Diggle would of punched Oliver in the face when he pushed him?

I hope that regularly even without the pushing.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I feel like they REALLY wasted Doug Jones last episode. Also this whole League of Assassins arc has been going on for way too long, I wish they'd just hurry up and move the plot along. Ever since Sarah died the show has essentially stopped moving forward, unless you count the three fake-out "deaths" that have happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The League of Assassins is the arc. It has to last until the finale.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Giving Merlyn control of the league would be the worst decision and it has to happen

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Valeyard posted:

Giving Merlyn control of the league would be the worst decision and it has to happen

Only if instead of by ribbon entering and leaving a scene, that they do it by dance *double finger snap*

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Valeyard posted:

Does Merlyn have any motivation in the comics outside of annoy Green Arrow?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

He loves murdering people

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I liked Roy but I do agree with a previous poster that the show was suffering from "roster bloat". The stories can be more intimate and personal if there are fewer people to worry about. As far as the demon's head, I dunno. Oliver really is the best choice but then the show would need a new name.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think (comic nerds correct me if I'm wrong), Merlyn in comics is more of a mercenary than anything else.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's just your workaday villainous kook, with loose affiliations that inevitably leads to a brief arrow off.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Boru posted:

I feel like they REALLY wasted Doug Jones last episode. Also this whole League of Assassins arc has been going on for way too long, I wish they'd just hurry up and move the plot along. Ever since Sarah died the show has essentially stopped moving forward, unless you count the three fake-out "deaths" that have happened.

Having Doug Jones on your show without a full body costume is by definition wasting Doug Jones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I dont know posted:

I think (comic nerds correct me if I'm wrong), Merlyn in comics is more of a mercenary than anything else.

He's a League member I think.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He's a League member I think.

Yeah. The first Golden(?) Age version of the character, he was a jerk who couldn't deal with being out-archered by Ollie and started committing crimes because gently caress the Green Arrow that's why. After the Silver Age reimaging, he was a League member.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
With Thea's Apartment and the Arrowcave both infiltrated by everyone who matters, are we going to see new sets next season? What do you guys suggest?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

With Thea's Apartment and the Arrowcave both infiltrated by everyone who matters, are we going to see new sets next season? What do you guys suggest?

Iris West is gonna move to Starling City and they'll set up base in her apartment. She'll never figure out that Oliver is the Arrow even with all his stuff in glass cases everywhere.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Well if Ollie takes up Raz Ra's on his offer, it'll be the Nanda Par-BatCave.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 17, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope Roy eventually gets a spin-off where he teams up with an alien princess and another vigilante ex-sidekick.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Please don't troll.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm going to post this in both the Arrow and the Flash Threads:

This is my favorite Brandon Routh anything ever. (and I really liked him on Chuck.)

He's just so awkward and cheery.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think Barry needs any more secrets on his plate right now.

My name is Barry Allen, and for some reason I'm in charge of the League of Assassins.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

TLG James posted:

My name is Barry Allen, and for some reason I'm in charge of the League of Assassins...

"...and I really need to stop travelling in time"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
"Iris still doesn't know."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Make Iris the new Ra's al Ghul, but don't tell her about it.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

"Iris still doesn't know."

Iris doesn't know, but I've told
half of Central City,

Dr. Wells killed my Mom,
but he still knows my identity,

I've told Eddie and Joe,
But Iris doesn't know

(Don't tell Iris)
Iris doesn't know,
Iris doesn't know.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

nelson posted:

I liked Roy but I do agree with a previous poster that the show was suffering from "roster bloat". The stories can be more intimate and personal if there are fewer people to worry about.

I agree. This is why I'm also glad Roy's gone. Because his character was interesting, or at least could've been, but they routinely sidelined him and after a while he felt extraneous.

I'm still pissed they never did a post-mirakuru addiction arc, where he tried to follow the high of being near-invincible by undertaking more and more dangerous plans to become stronger. Roy's addiction arc in the comics is probably his most famous, and somehow they never tried to adapt it. They could've done that in the first half of this season...instead of regretting the time he killed a cop in a fugue state, he could've regretted some actual active decision his character made.

Though, in general, the basic premise that Roy was Oliver's protege totally vanished after a while. Roy was reduced to set dressing, which seems like a total waste of a great character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xelkelvos posted:

I hope Roy eventually gets a spin-off where he teams up with an alien princess and another vigilante ex-sidekick.

If only :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Arsenal and the Guys DC Haven't Embargo'd Yet

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'd be completely ok with a live action version of Young Justice.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Xtanstic posted:

Nyssa?

e: VVVV
How dare you

I see Roy's flips in an entire new light after watching Daredevil

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Bleh, I was hoping both Roy and Thea would actually die so that they could bring in some fresh new talent. gently caress the Lazarus Pits.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

Bleh, I was hoping both Roy and Thea would actually die so that they could bring in some fresh new talent. gently caress the Lazarus Pits.

If both Roy and Thea died, Oliver would either accept his position as head of the league of assassins (to prevent more killing) or revert to season one punisher mode and go on a full vengeance killing spree to destroy the league (or die trying). They really should have done this.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

nelson posted:

If both Roy and Thea died, Oliver would either accept his position as head of the league of assassins (to prevent more killing) or revert to season one punisher mode and go on a full vengeance killing spree to destroy the league (or die trying). They really should have done this.

Do them both. Ollie goes full on terminator, kills the League of Assassins to a man, chops Ras' head off, then takes his throne and re-brands it as the League of Shadows :unsmigghh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

WarLocke posted:

Do them both. Ollie goes full on terminator, kills the League of Assassins to a man, chops Ras' head off, then takes his throne and re-brands it as the League of Shadows :unsmigghh:

Didn't Oliver and Diggle kill a good chunk of the League men a few episodes ago?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've been saying it for months, but this season has all the markings of the writers finding a GREAT ending - and then writing backwards to figure out how the hell to get there. In television, that sort of writing style rarely works.

I am curious to know what in the world they've been building to, though.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Narcissus1916 posted:

I've been saying it for months, but this season has all the markings of the writers finding a GREAT ending - and then writing backwards to figure out how the hell to get there. In television, that sort of writing style rarely works.

I am curious to know what in the world they've been building to, though.

If you look up the name of an upcoming episode, you can kinda guess what everything is leading to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

FELD1 posted:

To be fair to Lance, he's had it out for Ollie since before the series started. The families have known each other for a long time, and Ollie has always been trouble.

My question is where the hell is the rest of the city civic structure while he's doing all this. Sure, the mayor is dead, but isn't there a chief of police or some city councilmen (Blood) or something like that to go "are you out of your mind?" every once in a while. Or is it just martial law and everything Lance says goes?

• Locked thread