Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Rakosi posted:

There's no match day thread but holy gently caress that bolasie effort was almost goal of the season

THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Jose posted:

City have spent so much money on poo poo central midfielders in the last couple of seasons

the majority of central midfielders are utter poo poo anyway

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
I have missed nearly all the goals today by switching away from matches for a minute or two. :sigh:

edit: and now both the Leceister and Stoke goals lol

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 18, 2015

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

hadji murad posted:

Last year people were completely impressed with City's signings when they were winning.

LOL no. Just going back a couple of years, they bought Rodwell and Sinclair to meet their homegrown quota and everybody knew they would rot on the bench. They bought Maicon when he was about a thousand years old. Jovetic was a perpetual sick note. Navas was a twink. Mangala was overpriced, to say the least.

If you like, we can go back to the good old days when they bought a past-it Kolo Toure and Adebayor for a combined £40M.

City are hard to hate because there are some class acts in the squad, but they have spent literal hundreds of millions of pounds with no long-term plan (or on dross) and they of all clubs deserve to get hosed by FFP because of it.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Shitshow posted:

City are hard to hate

city are quite easy to hate, its just their competition is even more loathsome than they are

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

The Big Taff Man posted:

Falcaos gonna do a Forlan vs Liverpool performance and grab 2 goals and be rememebered by the fans for that rather than wasting opportunities

did this happen I can't remember

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Manchester United got stomped, they are a world away from competing for the title even after spending 100 million. You have to laugh. They're hosed.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Van Gaal's interview is a humdinger
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32369922

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

African AIDS cum posted:

Manchester United got stomped, they are a world away from competing for the title even after spending 100 million. You have to laugh. They're hosed.

The worst bit is how content Van Gaal and the fans are. It's been lauded as United's performance of the season. They only got to play that way because Mourinho let them. He let them have free reign of the ball because he knew they could do nothing with it, and United thanked him with a goal he wasn't too concerned about getting. Shambolic. Pathetic.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

In retrospect, Brendan Rodgers should probably have set up that way against United so he wouldn't get done at home

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Van Gaal's English is terrible for a Dutchie. Compare him with Dick Advocaat for example.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Machinegunboyo posted:

The worst bit is how content Van Gaal and the fans are. It's been lauded as United's performance of the season. They only got to play that way because Mourinho let them. He let them have free reign of the ball because he knew they could do nothing with it, and United thanked him with a goal he wasn't too concerned about getting. Shambolic. Pathetic.

It's great. It sounds just like Wenger after a Chelsea match. United have become Arsenal.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Like Arsenal But Shitter, the man utd DVD title for the season.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

FullLeatherJacket posted:

In retrospect, Brendan Rodgers should probably have set up that way against United so he wouldn't get done at home
It's better to try something positive and get spanked, I'd say.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Xabi posted:

It's better to try something positive and get spanked, I'd say.

hmm yes would i rather win the league or play positively & come fifth?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That's not what I said.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Just a quick reminder that LVG is a fraudulent shithouse and United are a garbage team of poo poo signings

That interview is some embarrassing poo poo.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
I hope next year united challenge Chelsea so mourinho cracks lvgs paper thin veneer of reason and by about February we get a Rafa esque meltdown with a mid April press conference that features him making GBS threads in a tesco bag

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

NUFC boycott didn't completely fail. Hope it continues.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Machinegunboyo posted:

Its been hailed as a good performance because with the players we had out we should have got well and truly bummed and instead Mourinho played a poo poo game to play the opposition rather than let his team overrun us

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Big Taff Man posted:

Its been hailed as a good performance because with the players we had out we should have got well and truly bummed and instead Mourinho played a poo poo game to play the opposition rather than let his team overrun us

That's delusional thinking from those unable to face the reality that your club is nowhere near being a title contender after spending 200 million pounds

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Does anyone remember how much the Sheikhs spent on that first City squad after they bought them? Was it close to United's current spending?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Gigi Galli posted:

Does anyone remember how much the Sheikhs spent on that first City squad after they bought them? Was it close to United's current spending?

Mancchester United currently have the largest wage bill in history. They are killing football.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lol mourinho played the perfect game, you can't keep using the excuse that you had injuries. Your team is just poo poo against anyone decent.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I like Leicester and want them to stay up.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Gigi Galli posted:

Well the Abu Dhabi takeover was summer 2008, so pulling the numbers straight from here:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manchester-city/english-football-teams/manchester-city-transfers

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manchester-united/english-football-teams/manchester-united-transfers

We've got City at £127.7m in that first season and United at £145.5m. Factor in mental football price inflation and you couldn't really argue United's spending this summer was more excessive than City's was that year. Transfer spending anyway. Even with wages, Toure's been on something like £250k a week for a few years now.

Lol £18m for Jo. And looking at that, I had no idea Silva signed in 2010. In my head he's only been there 2 or 3 seasons.

edit: unless the Falcao deal turns out to be in fact be an obligation to buy for something mental.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 19, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

euroboy posted:

I like Leicester and want them to stay up.

I still find it funny Pearson never got punished for choking a player on the ground and then saying he could take care of himself instead of apologizing in the post match interview

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
You have to bear in mind that as soon as a club like city go for a player the fee increases by ten to twenty million depending on the club/player involved.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Didn't they pay twenty million for Joleon bloody Lescott?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Didn't they pay twenty million for Joleon bloody Lescott?

When it doesn't look like you re likely to win anything you have to pay more. See di maria and falcao for more examples of this.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The number-crunchers say Falcao has been paid £2.95m between now and the last time he had a shot on target.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

this should be hilarious but it's actually extremely painful to watch.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Jose posted:

I still find it funny Pearson never got punished for choking a player on the ground and then saying he could take care of himself instead of apologizing in the post match interview

pearson is a dick & the only reason i dont want leicester to stay up

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hernandez would have scored more goals than Falcao this season

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

poo poo Farm posted:

pearson is a dick & the only reason i dont want leicester to stay up

Same

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm enjoying the sour grapes from all the posters who said that United were going to take two points from five games and miss out on Europe

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Nah you guys will play like Liverpool did in Europe this season.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm enjoying the sour grapes from all the posters who said that United were going to take two points from five games and miss out on Europe

Seeing that garbage lot get trounced in Europe will be funny as heck itpo

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Lol mourinho played the perfect game, you can't keep using the excuse that you had injuries. Your team is just poo poo against anyone decent.
United have got more points against the top 7 clubs than any other team in the league though?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hoops posted:

Well the Abu Dhabi takeover was summer 2008, so pulling the numbers straight from here:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manchester-city/english-football-teams/manchester-city-transfers

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/manchester-united/english-football-teams/manchester-united-transfers

We've got City at £127.7m in that first season and United at £145.5m. Factor in mental football price inflation and you couldn't really argue United's spending this summer was more excessive than City's was that year. Transfer spending anyway. Even with wages, Toure's been on something like £250k a week for a few years now.

Lol £18m for Jo. And looking at that, I had no idea Silva signed in 2010. In my head he's only been there 2 or 3 seasons.

edit: unless the Falcao deal turns out to be in fact be an obligation to buy for something mental.

lmao Jo was actually bought before the Sheikhs took over.

Remember they actually bought City on the last day of the 2008 summer transfer window and their only signing that year was Robinho. The other signings that window which I think included Jo, Kompany, and Zabaleta, were all made by the previous owners.

January 2009 was when City first started signing a ton of big-money players with oil money and the first round was huge overspending on players like Adebayor, Kolo Toure, Shay Given, and Joleon Lescott.

• Locked thread