Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Aralan posted:

Why would anyone hate Badger? They should make another spinoff of the continuing adventures of Badger and Skinny Pete

scotty's got a fat stack of quatloos riding on that pie eating contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Breaking Bad was the story of Walter White.
In the story of Walter White, Skylar was Walter's silver medal.

Also, a lot of her potential story value was rolled into Jesse when they decided to keep his character alive rather than kill him at the end of season 1.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
they ended up doing okay with her being the more rational member of the family w/r/t walt's poo poo, a lot of goons just didn't like her because for the first few seasons she was basically a roadblock to ~walt's sucess~ and also the I hosed Ted thing

"how dare she hurt the man she no longer loves and wants out of her life but who refuses to leave because he's a petty poo poo who insists on having his own way" :qq:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
skyler character was a jerk for like the first 2 seasons

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

gary oldmans diary posted:

skyler character was a jerk for like all the seasons

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

skyler was right to be a jerk considering her lesser half was a murdering psychopath loser

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

gary oldmans diary posted:

skyler character was a jerk for like the first 2 seasons

Pretty much all the main characters were jerks.

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

TEAYCHES posted:

walter white killed some folks. he tortured some folks to death

And, as a process chemist, let alone a synthetic chemist, he was rather poo poo. No creativity in synthetic routes, no use of recrystallization to purify product instead of worrying about quantitative reaction yield, truly, a scrub.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i mean she did act real bitchy, but how sunny would your disposition be. your kid hates you because don't want him to be shot by drug dealers and your crazy husband keeps invading your personal space and spending unexplainable amounts of money in visible ways.

i bet the tviv thread had a lot of insightful stuff to say about the episode where she walked into the pool

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Goons don't like Skyler because it reminds them of their mom who didn't want them to play videogames 16 hours a day.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Decrepus posted:

Goons don't like Skyler because it reminds them of their mom who didn't want them to play videogames 16 hours a day.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

genesplicer posted:

It had nothing to do with Anna Gunn. She's a great actress and played Skyler really well. It's just that the character was a major pain in the storyline. She was bitchy and unpredictable.
People sent death threats to Anna Gunn. It's really creepy how some people can't tell the difference between a real person and a character they play on tv.

britishbornandbread posted:

I really really wanted to gently caress Skylar especially after the scene where she dresses up all slutty for the IRS investigation oh my
Haha, that's a reference to Golden Girls. :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Secks Cauldron posted:

People sent death threats to Anna Gunn. It's really creepy how some people can't tell the difference between a real person and a character they play on tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeuBm2CJF24

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
shes a manipulative hypocrite hth

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cumt posted:

wait did people actually want walt to succeed? jesus

The whole last season was like the end of Seinfeld where the writers had to repeatedly bash viewers over the head with the fact that they were all terrible people.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

#1, he was dying and needed to provide for his family after he was gone, and a lot of behaviors become excusable when the sword of damocles is rapidly getting closer to your head

He was given a legitimate out when his old company offered him a bullshit cushy position with all the perks he needed. But he declined because he had too much pride or something like that. He admitted as much to Skylar in their last talk together but I'm sure the Internet spent the whole time seething in rage over Skylar not offering Walter a comfortable chair to sit in and a cool beverage.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
op i still think you pussed out on generating some good lulz by putting this in safespace gbs instead of tviv, but holy poo poo gbs goons are sooooooo stupid so 'grats bro :hfive:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Literally The Worst posted:

there's a whole bunch of stuff that implies walt was actually always a colossal prick with a victim complex and that he didn't get "screwed" out of gray matter he was just a baby

Even if he bitchfitted out of Grey Matter he got a job teaching and provided a house and stuff and raised a disabled kid and still was probably a better person to live with than Hank or Gus or Mike or Jesse or anyone that posts in Games.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
p sure the show explicitly states him cashing out of grey matter was him chosing skylar over gretchen?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

TEAYCHES posted:

the internet hated skyler because adolescent male viewers incorrectly saw walter white as a sympathetic figure, which he was not

yeah the actress was legit receiving death threats over her character on a tv show too

Sonofsilversign posted:

p sure the show explicitly states him cashing out of grey matter was him chosing skylar over gretchen?

nah it was him being a baby about gretchen choosing his friend over him

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

genesplicer posted:

It had nothing to do with Anna Gunn. She's a great actress and played Skyler really well. It's just that the character was a major pain in the storyline. She was bitchy and unpredictable.

Anna Gunn is great. I saw her in the play "Radiance", where she played Marie Curie. She did a wonderful job. Good actress.

I liked her too! She's really very good indeed and I hope all the angry comments didn't make her too sad because she knocked that role -right out of the park!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

People hated Skyler because Skyler is a stupid name.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
the whole ted crap was worth it for the walt laughing maniacally under the floorboards scene

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I thought she was okay until she got fat.

Automatic Slim posted:

People hated Skyler because Skyler is a stupid name.

Also this.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

les fleurs du mall posted:

I felt sorry for Skyler, she had a really hard time and it wasn't her fault that walt was such a villain. Sure she was no saint but she was doing everyone she knew

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
she got fatter AFTER giving birth, that's just poor acting

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I didn't think Skylar was bad but tv / movie writers can't resist making the protagonist's wife a shrill harpy.

Anna Gunn did a great job but was hamstrung by the fact her character was just there to make Walt and herself miserable.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

TEAYCHES posted:

skyler was right to be a jerk considering her lesser half was a murdering psychopath loser

bullshit, walter white was a murdering psychopath success story

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I didn't think Skylar was bad but tv / movie writers can't resist making the protagonist's wife a shrill harpy.

Anna Gunn did a great job but was hamstrung by the fact her character was just there to make Walt and herself miserable.

She was very much the same in deadwood but her character had the excuse of being cucked so.

Wouldn't even let her kid eyeball the hookers in Deadwood. poo poo mom in both series.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Skyler the character was a horrible bitch. Everyone on the show was kind of an rear end in a top hat in their own way, but she turned the bitchiness up to 11

Of course that means the actress was just playing her given role to a T, which means she was really good and deserving of equal respect/admiration as the rest of the cast, but idiots can't separate fiction from real life. This has been going on since TV was a thing.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Nigmaetcetera posted:

bullshit, walter white was a murdering psychopath success story

If by success story you mean getting half of the people who care about you killed and the other half hating you then I guess so

Walt never did it for his family, he did it for himself. Skyler is probably the only person that actually gave a gently caress about Walt Jr and the baby.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

School Nickname posted:

poo poo mom in both series.

Hollywood's fault for casting almost every suburban mom in an action/drama series as :byodame:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ddraig posted:

If by success story you mean getting half of the people who care about you killed and the other half hating you then I guess so

Walt never did it for his family, he did it for himself. Skyler is probably the only person that actually gave a gently caress about Walt Jr and the baby.

he made $80,000,000

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Nigmaetcetera posted:

he made $80,000,000

Well on the other hand he destroyed his family, caused his kid to hate him, lost most of that money, and even the small portion that is being delivered to his kid is going to be from 'Eliot and Gretchen' so Walt doesn't even get credit.

He got cucked by his wife, his friends, and his old business partners.

If you call that a success story you have some low expectations son.

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i go by flynn, dad

please, no disabled kid is getting a nickname unrelated to their disability.

like in the 80s they'd have called him gerry.

i called him 'vlid, get it?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ddraig posted:

Well on the other hand he destroyed his family, caused his kid to hate him, lost most of that money, and even the small portion that is being delivered to his kid is going to be from 'Eliot and Gretchen' so Walt doesn't even get credit.

He got cucked by his wife, his friends, and his old business partners.

If you call that a success story you have some low expectations son.

what part of $80,000,000 don't you understand? he could have loving bought a new family if he had been so inclined

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

lorn Wayne posted:

the whole ted crap was worth it for the walt laughing maniacally under the floorboards scene

def and skyler redeemed all her bullshit with telling ted "good" as he was all laid up in that halo after his accident and swore he wouldnt tell anyone what happened

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 21, 2015

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I hate her because nothing ever happened with the books she was writing that she let no one proof read. I swear she was writing erotica about vampires. I wanted her so bad to make money competitively with Walt and him to talk to her about it being immoral writing what she does. Of course this was like season 1. It probably would have been a better excuse for them having money in the long run too.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Watching the show for the first time I hated Skyler and thought she was dragging Walt down but rewatching it I like Skyler and realize it's Walt dragging everyone else down. He's a moron and most likely has undiagnosed brain tumors eating his brain. It's especially apparent during the end of season 4 where he's all concerned that Gustavo is going to kill him, Jesse talks Gustavo out of it, and Gustavo does the thing no one expects by actually listening to Jesse. He straight up tells Walt "You're fired."

Sure, he also threatens Walt's family if Walt fucks it up(which he always does) but if that's not the cleanest possible break you can get from that kind of work...well I stand by my assumption that Walt has brain damage.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Skyler should've had her own spinoff instead of Saul, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Cithen posted:

Skyler should've had her own spinoff instead of Saul, tbh.

They could call it Better Cuck Walt

• Locked thread