Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why does the title call the kid a baby?
If it's old enough to talk and walk it's not a baby.

I mean bringing your five year old to have sex with a teen is massively hosed but if it actually was a baby it would be ten times worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why does the title call the kid a baby?
If it's old enough to talk and walk it's not a baby.

I mean bringing your five year old to have sex with a teen is massively hosed but if it actually was a baby it would be ten times worse.

Actually if it was a baby it would be better, because it wouldn't comprehend what was happening and would have no memory of it. You could just leave it in the other room and it would be none the wiser. The five year old on the other hand would be talking to his psychiatrist for years about the time his dad brought him to a house while he hosed a fifteen year old girl in the next room and he heard everything.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

p. sure that guy has touched his share of kids

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I watched the "To Catch A Conman" or something like that Hansen did about 10 years ago and that's a show that made me legit fear someone killing him when confronted.

I'm not sure if it was the same one but I remember one where he tracked some Nigerian Prince scammers back to their base of operations in Nigeria and they tried to get him to take a car ride with them alone

In the end there wasn't poo poo he could do about it because you can't bring the cops in ghillie suits to a foreign country, so they just ended the show with "hey, here are photos of some of the guys that try to scam you from thousands of miles away, use that for something I guess"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

WhyteRyce posted:

Missed opportunity. For $1000 there should be an option to choose his next target

Like SWATing a friend or loved one.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
My childhood best friend moved away and ended up getting in with the wrong crowd and drugs in another state. He ended up being popped for one of those things where the cops pretend to be a teenager online and then arrest you. For an idiot who never beat another charge in his life, he got out of that one fairly easily with a rather cheap lawyer because it turns out that when the cops in a shithole town in Colorado put together the operation they saw on TV to catch predators it's actually a joke. I think he ended up getting more probation (he was already on probation) as a punishment and put on the kiddy fiddler register.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

perverted justice had absolutely horrible opsec (yes, let's put info on most of our targets on a wiki for loving everyone to see), and was run by a libertarian who literally cashed out and walked away about a year after all the sweet sweet tv money was gone

it makes me wonder who's doing the actual legwork this time

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

raditts posted:

I'm not sure if it was the same one but I remember one where he tracked some Nigerian Prince scammers back to their base of operations in Nigeria and they tried to get him to take a car ride with them alone

In the end there wasn't poo poo he could do about it because you can't bring the cops in ghillie suits to a foreign country, so they just ended the show with "hey, here are photos of some of the guys that try to scam you from thousands of miles away, use that for something I guess"

There was a guy who convinced a Nigerian Prince scammer that he was a casting agent for an acting agency, and would pay thousands of dollars to an actor for filming a version of Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch. The scammer took the bait, and gave us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM5QMKLjjm8

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

raditts posted:

I'm pretty sure it was. I seem to remember part of the episode also being about some guy who was super into a woman he met online who got him to mail her thousands upon thousands of dollars and they were going to get married.

Also:
"Hansen Discount Electronics"
"CH Delivery"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2bJeH2qwZg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYVKkT_U6M

It's like a Reverse To Catch a Predator: Now Chris Hansen is the stranger showing up at your door...

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

yeah he handled this pretty decently

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

EngineerSean posted:

yeah he handled this pretty decently

I thought so. 'Hey, you're a sick gently caress, and normally, I screw with you, and then you're smashed to the ground as soon as you leave, but your kid's here, which is hosed up, so we're just going to skip all of that and handle this calmly.'

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Emanuel Collective posted:

lol like 99% of all the FBI's stings on "American Terrorists" have been going into chatrooms/forums, saying "drat isn't ISIS cool guys???", and arresting whoever says yes

Makes me wonder how many of those idiots in those ancient FYAD chatlogs were just feds being hosed with or extremely creative.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yah pedophiles are gross lets future crime them

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

yah pedophiles are gross lets future crime them

What's 'future crime' about busting a guy who says the poo poo he says in chat, and then goes to meet the kid without any other intentions other than to gently caress them? Please, do tell :allears:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's 'future crime' about busting a guy who says the poo poo he says in chat, and then goes to meet the kid without any other intentions other than to gently caress them? Please, do tell :allears:

look up the word "precedent" lol. its okay if youre brain is broken and can only think one step ahead though

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

look up the word "precedent" lol. its okay if youre brain is broken and can only think one step ahead though

Apparently you're a scammer so idk

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
holy poo poo is that doobie haha

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
"IM GOING TO loving KILL YOU"

*shows up at house with gun, rope, shovel*

*is arrested*

"AARRGHH YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME SAVE ME FROM THE THOUGHT POLICE GEORGE ORWELL"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"What were you going to do here?"

"I just came here to warn her not to do this."

"You drove... four hours, with condoms..."

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
better to have them and not need them...

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Actually if it was a baby it would be better, because it wouldn't comprehend what was happening and would have no memory of it. You could just leave it in the other room and it would be none the wiser. The five year old on the other hand would be talking to his psychiatrist for years about the time his dad brought him to a house while he hosed a fifteen year old girl in the next room and he heard everything.

Not that its any better, but the guy in the youtube video thought he was meeting a 14 yo boy so there might have been a chance daddy dearest was doing horrible thing to his son.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Friendly Tumour posted:

holy poo poo is that doobie haha

It's Fetus Tree, your friendly poster with edgy opinions

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

I watched the "To Catch A Conman" or something like that Hansen did about 10 years ago and that's a show that made me legit fear someone killing him when confronted.

same except hope

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

TheJoker138 posted:

I doubt he would have bothered to bring his kid if he wasn't going to be involved.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OldSenileGuy posted:

"IM GOING TO loving KILL YOU"

*shows up at house with gun, rope, shovel*

*is arrested*

"AARRGHH YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME SAVE ME FROM THE THOUGHT POLICE GEORGE ORWELL"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Imho you shouldn't rape kids

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

What if they're wearing a short skirt, though?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

See they're not kids because :tvtropes:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i was just gonna drink Corona and play Mario Kart with this 12-year old boy and if sex happened well hey it happened

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"I'm not a pedo! I just came over because he said he had every amiibo ever made and I was just going to tie this kid up and steal them! Just steal the rares... Is that a crime!?"

"If anyone here is a criminal, it's Nintendo for not producing enough 'Villagers'. Oh, and you're all loving liars because he only has a Luigi and Koopa! gently caress Luigi and Koopa!"

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 21, 2015

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
http://thecriminallawyer.tumblr.com/post/19810672629/12-i-was-entrapped

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If there was ever a crime that warrants public shaming on national television it's that one :mario:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

error1 posted:

If there was ever a crime that warrants public shaming on national television it's that one :mario:

"To Catch a Pokemon Thief"

A two young adults wearing disguises and a talking cat walk to a door. Chris Hansen is waiting at a kitchen table and makes them sit down and talk to them. The moment they walk out the door, they're arrested by a group of Officer Jennies.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
There's no point quibbling the legality of it, the show's within its legal rights. It's just...really unsettling, and I'm not sure why. There's just something about what they are doing and how they are doing it that feels wrong, even if they are targeting an "acceptable" target. The fact is, nothing any of the men caught on the show say will ever be believed, because overwhelmingly the trust is on the side of the ones doing the capturing.

It's weird that this was presented as "news" in any way. This was basically a new version of Cops--an opportunity to gawk as people are arrested and humiliated on camera.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The fact is, nothing any of the men caught on the show say will ever be believed, because overwhelmingly the trust is on the side of the ones doing the capturing.

Maybe that has a lot to do with the fact that there are chat logs where these men are telling someone who they think is a 13 year old they want to gently caress them in the rear end and then they show up in real life with condoms and Mike's Hard Lemonade ready to gently caress a 13 year old in the rear end.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Obligatory Handle posted:

Maybe that has a lot to do with the fact that there are chat logs where these men are telling someone who they think is a 13 year old they want to gently caress them in the rear end and then they show up in real life with condoms and Mike's Hard Lemonade ready to gently caress a 13 year old in the rear end.

Yeah, it's really kind of a slam dunk. I sort of know what you mean, but then I think about what would happen if the kid was real and not a decoy, and jesus loving christ, nevermind. You want to 'help the kids'? Mention that during the chats, instead of how much you want to gently caress them.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Obligatory Handle posted:

But you're taking a vigilante group and Dateline's word for it. I'm not doubting that there is evidence, but in a nation of laws and a judicial system that ostensibly respects "innocent until proven guilty" it's sort of alarming to see so many people willing to rapidly convict these individuals without any due process. I'm sure most if not all of them could be taken at face value, but it's a very weird precedent to take when we're just allowing television programs to start doing police work and then broadcasting it, especially when they're engaging in as sordid sting operations as these.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Some of these dudes took four hour bus rides and then a taxi to get to the house.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
If they're going to bring this back it needs to have some kind of twist. Like Fleece "Booty Warrior" Johnson and Tossed Salad Man waiting in the next room to give the pedophiles some special treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

BottledBodhisvata posted:

But you're taking a vigilante group and Dateline's word for it. I'm not doubting that there is evidence, but in a nation of laws and a judicial system that ostensibly respects "innocent until proven guilty" it's sort of alarming to see so many people willing to rapidly convict these individuals without any due process. I'm sure most if not all of them could be taken at face value, but it's a very weird precedent to take when we're just allowing television programs to start doing police work and then broadcasting it, especially when they're engaging in as sordid sting operations as these.

I guess I find it hard to sympathize and worry if these guys are being treated 100% fairly when they are driving great distances with the sole intention of loving children. As far as I know, Chris Hansen doesn't preside as judge and jury at their trials. Basically, if you don't want to be arrested for trying to gently caress kids, don't try to gently caress kids, IMO.

I suppose what I want to know is what are you talking about when you say we are taking the word of Dateline and Perverted Justice? These guys show up and see Chris Hansen and the look on their face and the shaking and stammering says everything. If they were showing up to gently caress a 22 year old they wouldn't be pissing their pants with fear that their lives are ruined.

Obligatory Handle fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 21, 2015

• Locked thread