Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Game of Thrones is probably the best television in our times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

burritolingus posted:

this but unironically

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it's the pinnacle achievement of both literature and televised broadcasting

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

I give it five bags of popcorn and three bags of soda.

per episode for the standard GoT viewer

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

it's the pinnacle achievement of both literature and televised broadcasting

lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
making GBS threads brown water itt

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

this but unironically

Same.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

burritolingus posted:

That's mad men.

Game of thrones is pretty much good but in an escapist, turn your brain off and just watch stupid poo poo, tits, and cool visual effects for an hour.

Anyone who gets really into this poo poo and actually reads the books are stupid

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

burritolingus posted:

tsk tsk somebody hasn't been watching Girls

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
hahah "best television in our times"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
best television of our times is MASH

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

facebook jihad posted:

That's mad men.

Game of thrones is pretty much good but in an escapist, turn your brain off and just watch stupid poo poo, tits, and cool visual effects for an hour.

Anyone who gets really into this poo poo and actually reads the books are stupid

lol what makes mad men so much better?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

facebook jihad posted:

That's mad men.

haha yeah dude mad men is the best tv show of our generation, mad men on AMC right next to walking dead. yeah dude I can definitely get behind that, mad men being a better show than true detective, six feet under, house of cards, GoT. rarely have I seen storytelling as good as mad men, such compelling characters too. wow yeah, mad men.

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
good to know you all like trash tv

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's 2015, why do you still watch TV

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a bone to pick posted:

haha yeah dude mad men is the best tv show of our generation, mad men on AMC right next to walking dead. yeah dude I can definitely get behind that, mad men being a better show than true detective, six feet under, house of cards, GoT. rarely have I seen storytelling as good as mad men, such compelling characters too. wow yeah, mad men.

Lol if you think house of cards is still a good show

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the only good show off that list is 6 feet under and true detective which only has 1 season so far

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Mad Men is a good character drama you simple fucks

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

facebook jihad posted:

Lol if you think house of cards is still a good show

yeah dude mad men is way better haha. who could forget such great moments such as:

yeah its such a better character drama than house, six feet under again, sopranos, breaking bad. mad men is one hell of a good show, anyone could watch mad men and like it. I love the plotline of mad men because its so deep and intricate.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
House was a good show but boy did the last season gently caress things up in the name of ratings

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

house, six feet under again, sopranos, breaking bad

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
House's character alone completely obliterates any of the 2-dimensional beings on mad men, sorry if you think otherwise.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

William Regal is Varys

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a bone to pick posted:

yeah dude mad men is way better haha. who could forget such great moments such as:

yeah its such a better character drama than house, six feet under again, sopranos, breaking bad. mad men is one hell of a good show, anyone could watch mad men and like it. I love the plotline of mad men because its so deep and intricate.

This but unironically.

Plus all those you listed either suck or have been off the air for years

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

DDP is Milisandre.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

House's character alone completely obliterates any of the 2-dimensional beings on mad men, sorry if you think otherwise.

house is an OK show for network tv with one good character. ive never heard it uttered in the same breath as those other (actually good) shows you mentioned. i've only seen a couple seasons of mad men and i found it boring so i stopped watching :shrug:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bubba Ray Dudley is Jon Snow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
House himself is pretty much the only reason to watch House, the show was very formulaic to the point where I'm pretty sure it's because the writers knew that people only watched it for House and I guess Wilson

House, the character, is basically Urkel: At first he was more of a background character that came in to steal the show when it mattered, but like halfway through the first season the writers were like "oh wait this dude is the real reason people watch let's give him the spotlight" and then they did 6 seasons of that

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

house is an OK show for network tv with one good character. ive never heard it uttered in the same breath as those other (actually good) shows you mentioned. i've only seen a couple seasons of mad men and i found it boring so i stopped watching :shrug:

exactly, mad men is one of those boring network TV shows that doesn't even deserve to be compared to any other show in the past 10 years. here's a better show than mad men that literally just started: better call saul. it's even on the same channel.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

D-Von Dudley is Ygritte.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Contrast with Game of Thrones, where the only reason people watch is so that they can see underaged girls have sex

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Trish Stratus is Robert Baratheon.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My TV show is The One True Show and anything else is loving garbage for idiot bitches.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

steinrokkan posted:

best television of our times is MASH

Maybe your times, Grandpa. Big chunk of this forum is younger than MASH.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

CJacobs posted:

House himself is pretty much the only reason to watch House, the show was very formulaic to the point where I'm pretty sure it's because the writers knew that people only watched it for House and I guess Wilson

House, the character, is basically Urkel: At first he was more of a background character that came in to steal the show when it mattered, but like halfway through the first season the writers were like "oh wait this dude is the real reason people watch let's give him the spotlight" and then they did 6 seasons of that

Yes the show called House MD was not originally about House

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Yes the show called House MD was not originally about House

It's gbs so I'm not going to go dig it up myself but the commentary on the show says that initially they wanted house to be more of a bg character and have the show focus on the rest of his team (and they were originally going to have wilson be the main character instead of house which is like what) but it didn't work out

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody knew House was formulaic as gently caress, people watched for the dialogue and character interaction. And to see House own people.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

burritolingus posted:

Maybe your times, Grandpa. Big chunk of this forum is younger than MASH.

I watched it on TV so it counts as being of my time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
house episodes were generally worse when they deviated from the formula (with a few exceptions)

• Locked thread