Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

discoukulele posted:

Alright, I've gotten caught up on the thread, and I think for now I'm going to have to

##vote Amnistar

Do you think I am scum disco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Amnistar posted:

Do you think I am scum disco?

I'm leaning that direction. I just still don't understand why you would've used your power to kill a random person if you're town. I understand D1 bullshitting and random fuckery to get info, but actually killing someone at random, and not even someone who was heavily suspected, seems really shady.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I do not think Amnistar is scum. :)

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

merk posted:

This is a good vote. Orvin's new reason for voting you also doesn't make any sense.

##vote Orvin

I think Met is also a good vote.

How does voting for someone who lied multiple times not make sense? He lied about the source of the weapon, lied about his ability, lied about him having a useful ability to mitigate any negative effects of the Red Alert event. Yes he has admitted to most of those lies, but I really don't trust his claim at this point.

I don't intend to move my vote unless there is a no lynch likely to happen.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

AXE COP posted:

I see you haven't voted for anyone yet. Are you able to place votes?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Orvin posted:

How does voting for someone who lied multiple times not make sense? He lied about the source of the weapon, lied about his ability, lied about him having a useful ability to mitigate any negative effects of the Red Alert event. Yes he has admitted to most of those lies, but I really don't trust his claim at this point.

I don't intend to move my vote unless there is a no lynch likely to happen.

lying to have a better shot of being chosen for the event is alignment neutral
lying about having received a vig is also alignment neutral

not all lies are bad.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I can vote yes. Nobody has particularly leapt out at me as being super BAD GUY yet. Amnistar shooting a guy feels more like a bored/new player than a deliberately scummy act. I did the same thing in my first mafia game. :parrot:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Orvin posted:

How does voting for someone who lied multiple times not make sense?

Let's look at that:

He lied about the source of the weapon
-You assume, I have, in fact not lied about this.

lied about his ability
-I have not lieda bout my ability. I did lie about the event's effects but that was to prevent myself from being targetted with night actions.

lied about him having a useful ability to mitigate any negative effects of the Red Alert event.
-Also not true. I am effectively vanilla town. IF I died on the event it would have been a low loss for town, as opposed to, say, a super cop

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Let's look at that:

He lied about the source of the weapon
-You assume, I have, in fact not lied about this.

First you said you got it from Q. Then you said it was in the hand of a Klingon arm stuck to the dish. One of them is a lie.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

AXE COP posted:

Do you know this using your Q powers or you're just guess-timating?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Pinterest Mom posted:

lying to have a better shot of being chosen for the event is alignment neutral
lying about having received a vig is also alignment neutral

not all lies are bad.

OK clarification: All lies are BAD FOR THE TOWN.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kleedrac posted:

OK clarification: All lies are BAD FOR THE TOWN.

Eh, this isn't true.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Mr. Ukelele, please explain why we should kill a claimed innocent child?

Mr. Star, do you know how long you will be roleblocked? Can you verify whether or not roleblocking would prevent you from being confirmed d4?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Will be gone/on a date, lol/not posting later keeping my vote on Viva though not seeing any traction on him (or kleedrac, my other pick for scum). Not thinking Amnistar is scum tbqh. I'll be around for a bit longer but just mentioning I prob won't be active later before the end of the day.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Runaktla posted:

Will be gone/on a date, lol/not posting later keeping my vote on Viva though not seeing any traction on him (or kleedrac, my other pick for scum). Not thinking Amnistar is scum tbqh. I'll be around for a bit longer but just mentioning I prob won't be active later before the end of the day.

I'm seriously considering Kleedrac, I think that would be a more useful place to park a vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd do Kleedrac, but I do wish people would look at f_v - all she's done is jump on very easy bandwagons.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd do Kleedrac, but I do wish people would look at f_v - all she's done is jump on very easy bandwagons.
I just did. The first two votes were obvious but that also means there were reasons for them. Her current/last vote on me was an original thought, though obviously I don't think it was great. Not a bandwagon- why would you think it was?

Amni voters: Please address his current claim in your cases, since that seems the biggest obstacle to voting him.

Runaktla posted:

Viva though not seeing any traction on him
her

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##unvote

I kinda came around on the idea of 2 different lover groups being in the same idea since Ernie got to pick his lover so that opens up the idea of Ernie being lovers with scum so I don't find it as weird anymore.

I'm not gonna be around during the deadline so I'm gonna go re-read people to see who I wanna put my vote down on

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I just reread her and I'm not really seeing it at all. I mean, I guess her motivations for those actions could be opportunistic scum, but there are also perfectly logical reasons for everything but the Ixt joke vote. Byers was being nutzo. Amnistar eliminated our supercop stupidly. And although I have different reasons for thinking Viva is possibly scum, I agree with the end result.

I'm not super feeling the Kleedrac thing, but I guess i'd consider it to avoid a no cuddle.

I'd do met. ##vote Met

I'd consider Bird in case that was really a scum slip.

I've backed off Viva, but I'd still probably do that too.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

I'm not gonna be around during the deadline so I'm gonna go re-read people to see who I wanna put my vote down on
as in I'm gonna re-read right now, so if you want to bring up something specific against someone to me to get my vote you should do it now

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mornacale posted:

Mr. Ukelele, please explain why we should kill a claimed innocent child?

Mr. Star, do you know how long you will be roleblocked? Can you verify whether or not roleblocking would prevent you from being confirmed d4?

Just tonight based on what I was told.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
also this entire "14 pages of serious Day 1 discussion" is throwing me the gently caress off what happened to jokephase

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

HiipFire posted:

as in I'm gonna re-read right now, so if you want to bring up something specific against someone to me to get my vote you should do it now

Check out Orvin.

My initial vote highlights the strangeness of when they placed it. They aren't voting me because I'm scum, but because I lied and then stated a bunch of times I lied, which weren't true. (Though I can forgive the gun one, apparently people thought my joke was serious so I can see why you thought it was a lie).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

HiipFire posted:

also this entire "14 pages of serious Day 1 discussion" is throwing me the gently caress off what happened to jokephase

I shot it.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

HiipFire posted:

My Q power is actually to switch the game between joke and serious phase at will. All I must do is simply type ##byers and the fun ends :hehe:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Check out Orvin.

My initial vote highlights the strangeness of when they placed it. They aren't voting me because I'm scum, but because I lied and then stated a bunch of times I lied, which weren't true. (Though I can forgive the gun one, apparently people thought my joke was serious so I can see why you thought it was a lie).

I am voting you because i don't believe your claim. You lied a bunch, and were all over the place in regards to your shooting Ernie.

I admit your breadcrumbing innocent child dies give me a little pause, but a scum person could easily do that and claim that they will be mod confirmed at some point in the future to delay a lynch.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Amnistar posted:

I shot it.

:(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:hb:

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Orvin posted:

I am voting you because i don't believe your claim. You lied a bunch, and were all over the place in regards to your shooting Ernie.

I admit your breadcrumbing innocent child dies give me a little pause, but a scum person could easily do that and claim that they will be mod confirmed at some point in the future to delay a lynch.

So you suggest that scum made the decision to sacrifice Amni D4 when he doesn't get confirmed in exchange for what?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Orvin posted:

You do realize that giving us a scum on d4 in a 25 person game is still hardly incentivized play, right? It's also not like his lynch was some inevitable sure thing and he had to claim to push people off it.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Switching my vote to kleedrac. I re read him and still think he's scum, plus the other posts here suggest kleedrac is more likely to gain votes and be a Amnistar alternative.

##unvote

##vote Kleedrac

Date going on later than I thought so I'll be around at least a few more hours.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Busy busy busy, but I have been following the thread. So I will post a case, then I will be going to bed.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I just got done re-reading half of the people in this game and I'm tired of putting in effort so I'm gonna put down this low effort vote cause gently caress it

##vote Orvin

going to sleep cya guys tomorrow

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Orvin posted:

You have hedged about my alignment every post you've made about it.

It's rather amusing actually.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

I just got done re-reading half of the people in this game and I'm tired of putting in effort so I'm gonna put down this low effort vote cause gently caress it

Town move there, Champ. :downs:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Met posted:

Town move there, Champ. :downs:

hey im loving tired i even wrote down notes which is a first for me

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
and then the best you got is "low effort vote because gently caress it"

HiipFire