Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

If he learns to shoot he could be an above average PG.

I don't think he ever would have worked with Embiid.

If he learns to shoot he'll be a really good player who could play the 1 or 2. Very few Guards are able to go from where he is to "decent-good" shooter, but you never know. I feel like MCW does have some value, worst-case he seems like a good rotation player you can bring in to wreck havoc and create mismatches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

EvanTH posted:

I think it was cool and good and reasonable that JR Smith hit him. Crowder deserved to die and I hope he burns in hell.

Maybe JR Smith got him confused with that other Crowder douche-bag who race baits for GOP cred on twitter.

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
Perkins was supposed to goon someone after he was put in and that would be the end of it. JR Smith probably learned at the half that Love thought it was intentional and decided to be a good teammate in the only way he knew how.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

football fuckerman posted:

hey fellas, one game for purposely injuring another player is extremely terrible, thank you, and bye

JR Smith got two games though

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Portland fan checking in to let yall know we still don't hate Kaman despite your warnings. If anything he's great for molding Meyers Leonard into a Competent Basketball Player.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

zelah posted:

Portland fan checking in to let yall know we still don't hate Kaman despite your warnings. If anything he's great for molding Meyers Leonard into a Competent Basketball Player.

You shouldn't be proud of this.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

zelah posted:

Keep in mind Kaman's repeatedly said he realized over the summer his attitude and effort was the issue in previous stops and has worked to be a better teammate in Portland. So I don't think the warnings were undeserved.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Here is Darko feeding his tattoos beer, welp see ya

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zelah posted:

Portland fans love always their bench.

One time when Kaman was a Laker he complained about the amount of playing time he used to get on the Mavericks. After the game Carlisle pointed out he averaged more minutes on the Mavs than the Lakers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hitze posted:

JR Smith got two games though

Um he wasn't trying to injury him, .just clock him.

A dirty play sure, but lets not go to far.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

CharlestheHammer posted:

Um he wasn't trying to injury him, .just clock him.

A dirty play sure, but lets not go to far.

Bashez already made this joke.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jota posted:

Bashez already made this joke.
I have been shamed.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

This whole Kevin Love situation is bullshit, sorry, it is.

I'm really hoping more games are tacked on for Olynk's suspension. A punk move on his end that accomplished absolutely NOTHING for his own team.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

zelah posted:

The gently caress we don't. He's a terrible player and seemingly a terrible human being.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sorry that the NBA does not abide by Hamurrabi's code

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Declan MacManus posted:

Here is Darko feeding his tattoos beer, welp see ya

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

E_P posted:

If you tried to injure Kelly O it wouldn't make sense, they sent out a goon who isn't any good to injure a good player so they responded in kind injuring one of their good players? I don't endorse it but it makes sense, I just wish people realized the play was a lot different from a typical lock up in the paint because of how Kelly attempted to twist and throw Love down, everybody tangles up but only a thug like Olynyk would try to throw a player to the ground. I just wish they got thugs like Olynyk, Pachulia, and Valanciunas out of the NBA and maybe more people would watch.

I didn't say anything about the Love injury--obviously that was messed up as well. But punching a dude in the face when he had nothing to do with it (and injuring his knee in the process) is a pretty lovely thing to do. And JR Smith has a history of doing real dumb stuff to people.

Also, Kaman sucks. I started hating him as soon as his hot start ended (sometime in december)? I'm glad Meyers is getting his playing time.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

i had nothing against portland but mccollum giving conley some potentially season ending macho madness and then damian lillard trying to talk hard despite shooting in the single digits from three eliminated the majority of the goodwilli had toward them

i hope we skullfuck them by 30 wednesday

You're bad at math

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Papercut posted:

The gently caress we don't. He's a terrible player and seemingly a terrible human being.

Kaman was a good backup during the regular season and he's been ok against Memphis. There aren't many available backup centers I would rather have. Only Amare had a higher PER and WS among frontcourt players who started fewer than 20 games.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Sorry that the NBA does not abide by Hamurrabi's code

133. In event a husband is taken prisoner of war while in his house, and leaves life sustenance and his wife leaves her house and home and goes into another home; she, because she has not preserved the sanctity of her home, but has gone into another house, shall be taken before the court and be thrown into the water. [drowned]

Good punishment for Kelly

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

Rose is shooting 46% from 3 this series. He should absolutely have a green light.

He shot 28% from 3 this season on 187 attempts. He's a 30% career 3-point shooter. He absolutely should not have a green light because he's a bad 3-point shooter.

The only one's he should be taking are the wide open spot-up 3's that he sometimes gets because he is not that bad at them.

Lockback posted:

If the Bulls can Thibs it will be a stupid reactionary move and they will almost certainly end up with a worse coach.

I've been a big supporter of his in the past but the league has changed. Spacing is vital in today's NBA and he just doesn't think it is. The roster is just not tailored for him. Might be better suited with another group more tailored to his style (Orlando actually makes sense in that regard).

Obviously it's a huge risk if they let him go. But as it stands, it's a team with a defensive minded coach who doesn't have a good defense. What's the point?

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 28, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

133. In event a husband is taken prisoner of war while in his house, and leaves life sustenance and his wife leaves her house and home and goes into another home; she, because she has not preserved the sanctity of her home, but has gone into another house, shall be taken before the court and be thrown into the water. [drowned]

Good punishment for Kelly

To me this sounds like the Punishment Love deserves if he leaves Cleveland.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hand Row posted:

Anyway MCW had a fantastic all around game, glad to see it. Interested in seeing him after an offseason with the Bucks great staff.

I still think his ceiling is lower because it's tough if you can't shoot in this league. He was great last night but the Bulls are an optimal matchup for him. Brooks is like 8 inches shorter than him and Rose doesn't play defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Obviously it's a huge risk if they let him go. But as it stands, it's a team with a defensive minded coach who doesn't have a good defense. What's the point?

At this point its conjecture, but I'm pretty sure Noah playing poorly is why they have a bad defense. They had the 2nd best defense last year, I don't think he suddenly forgot how to coach defense or that he can't get there again so quickly. Their offense has also shot up, which has always been the complaint against him. He develops young guys, gets lots out of veterans. I think a year where they won 50 games dealing with tons of injuries instead of the 55 Vegas predicted is nearly enough reason to can the guy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

To me this sounds like the Punishment Love deserves if he leaves Cleveland.

If the son of a gallant [libertine] or of a [gallant's] mistress seeks knowledge of his natural father's home from his foster father or mother, and turns away from them [his foster parents] and goes into his [natural] father's house, then his eyes are to be put out.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

If the son of a gallant [libertine] or of a [gallant's] mistress seeks knowledge of his natural father's home from his foster father or mother, and turns away from them [his foster parents] and goes into his [natural] father's house, then his eyes are to be put out.

Lebron should be blinded for going back to Cleveland and bringing Riley's secrets with him.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

This whole Kevin Love situation is bullshit, sorry, it is.

I'm really hoping more games are tacked on for Olynk's suspension. A punk move on his end that accomplished absolutely NOTHING for his own team.

also :rip:

hitze fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 28, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Where's the part where Love tries to rip Olynk's arm off even though the play is well away from them?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lmao The Still Frame Arguer

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Where's the part where Love tries to rip Olynk's arm off even though the play is well away from them?

This.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

That's not even close to what happened.

Olynk very successfully ripped Kevin Love's arm off.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

At this point its conjecture, but I'm pretty sure Noah playing poorly is why they have a bad defense. They had the 2nd best defense last year, I don't think he suddenly forgot how to coach defense or that he can't get there again so quickly. Their offense has also shot up, which has always been the complaint against him. He develops young guys, gets lots out of veterans. I think a year where they won 50 games dealing with tons of injuries instead of the 55 Vegas predicted is nearly enough reason to can the guy.

Isn't part of Noah's struggles the fact he is playing out of position most of the year? Does Thibs deserve any blame for Butler's enormous dropoff? Or for Rose not giving a poo poo on that end of the court? The 3-big lineup seems to hurt them and so does playing Hinrich at SG. I just don't think everything can be blame on Noah not being as spry as he once was. I also don't think he forgot how to coach defense, but maybe the team is tuning him out at this point (it does happen with coaches that push hard).

It'll come down to what happens in the playoffs though. There are no more health excuses. And what Jason Kidd is doing to him is not a good sign so far.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Bucks could be the next Pacers, as in back in '11 the Pacers gave the Bulls a lot of trouble and ended up being a top tier Eastern team for years after that bout.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

quote:

Does Thibs deserve any blame for Butler's enormous dropoff?

Uhh, what? He's a lead contender for MIP and has nearly a 24 PER in the playoffs. What dropoff?

Niwrad posted:

Isn't part of Noah's struggles the fact he is playing out of position most of the year? Does Thibs deserve any blame for Butler's enormous dropoff? Or for Rose not giving a poo poo on that end of the court? The 3-big lineup seems to hurt them and so does playing Hinrich at SG. I just don't think everything can be blame on Noah not being as spry as he once was. I also don't think he forgot how to coach defense, but maybe the team is tuning him out at this point (it does happen with coaches that push hard).

It'll come down to what happens in the playoffs though. There are no more health excuses. And what Jason Kidd is doing to him is not a good sign so far.

I think Noah is still not 100%, whether its something chronic, or something he never healed from, or what I don't know. But Noah looks like a different player out there even now. I think you are underestimating how important Noah is, he's a rim protector that can guard out on the perimeter, right now he looks like he's always a step behind the play.

I do agree that Thibs lineups have been weird and it looks like he was trying something that just didn't work. That's cause for criticism but showing him the door is going to make the team worse, I am nearly certain about that. I think he's getting WAYYYY too much blame. Assuming they get past the Bucks, I don't think they have a better team on paper than Cleveland, even without Love.

Also, someone had a chart that showed Rose was one of the most effective PGs on defense, which I am not sure I entirely believe but I don't think he's a huge deviation from average for PGs.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Tae posted:

The Bucks could be the next Pacers, as in back in '11 the Pacers gave the Bulls a lot of trouble and ended up being a top tier Eastern team for years after that bout.

4 teams have given the Bulls trouble in the first round recently. Indy, Philly, Brooklyn and Washington.

So I guess I'm saying that things don't look good for the Bucks.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
gently caress Kaman and gently caress Babbitt.

e: From what I have seen about Rose on defense, he is unremarkable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

4 teams have given the Bulls trouble in the first round recently. Indy, Philly, Brooklyn and Washington.

So I guess I'm saying that things don't look good for the Bucks.

Indy is the only one that counts :shrug: because that was the only time we had Rose alive more than 1 game.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Panzeh posted:

Same but replace with Metta World Peace and James Harden.

His eyes were closed - how was he supposed to know that his head was so close to his elbows?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

uh huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Blake Griffin chiming in

• Locked thread