Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cjs just got a ups for my desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Captain Foo posted:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Liver Disaster posted:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

click-thunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:quig:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

:pram:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

:quig: :pram: :bsdsnype: :fishmech:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yosposters, assemble!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Notorious QIG posted:

yosposters, assemble!

this is the worst superhero movie

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Captain Foo posted:

this is the worst superhero movie

it's like mystery men but every member is a spleen from a different universe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DaTroof posted:

it's like mystery men but every member is a spleen from a different universe

i don't understand any of this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

yosposters, assemble!

please dont give hollywood anymore terrible superhero ideas tia

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
:quig: doesn't have a transparent background... :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: :smithicide:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

i don't understand any of this

"the spleen" in the movie "mystery men" had the power of farting

it was not a great movie, but it did have some good moments

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
I'm leaving my job in 3 months and my replacement is starting tomorrow. She gets my current desk and I get to move to "the annex" where my boss will either forget I exist OR he'll just be too lazy to ask me to do things. Either way gonna have alot more time to post w00t

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wat's up buddy

Chorrax posted:

I'm leaving my job in 3 months and my replacement is starting tomorrow. She gets my current desk and I get to move to "the annex" where my boss will either forget I exist OR he'll just be too lazy to ask me to do things. Either way gonna have alot more time to post w00t

w00t

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

tomorrow im staking out a campsite instead of working
i think ill just park at the spot and hike out to a little lake a few miles away from there and read a book or two until the rest of the group arrives
maybe pack a sandwich or an apple or something

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Captain Foo posted:

cjs: my desk is where a technician is supposed to sit so my desk has outlets that are connected to the whole-site UPS ... pointless to me since im not a tech and otehr than pissing me off nothing would happen if my poo poo went down, but, it is kinda neat on the rare incidents where theres a power outage and everyone's poo poo goes down im like "haha mines still up" then "gently caress that means i dont get a free break"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

wat's up buddy

the thing i thought i would finish today keeps hanging instead of actually running or even erroring out. some of the test systems just poo poo themselves, and my attempt at fixing them was only partially successful (fortunately, i'm being bailed out by somebody who understands why these systems are terrible)

i'm just feeling dumber than usual, i guess

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Sniep posted:

cjs: my desk is where a technician is supposed to sit so my desk has outlets that are connected to the whole-site UPS ... pointless to me since im not a tech and otehr than pissing me off nothing would happen if my poo poo went down, but, it is kinda neat on the rare incidents where theres a power outage and everyone's poo poo goes down im like "haha mines still up" then "gently caress that means i dont get a free break"

i think everyones desk has orange outlets here (generator) idk

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
it runs for like half an hour every monday from like 5-6 or 6-7 its super fukken annoying cause its right by my desk and its loud as h*ck

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cls: :quig:, also, im sleepy

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Notorious QIG posted:

cls: :quig:, also, im sleepy

same

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

time for lunch and to see what this work day holds for me. hope i have time to finish my homework thats due tonight

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

the thing i thought i would finish today keeps hanging instead of actually running or even erroring out. some of the test systems just poo poo themselves, and my attempt at fixing them was only partially successful (fortunately, i'm being bailed out by somebody who understands why these systems are terrible)

i'm just feeling dumber than usual, i guess

go for a run

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

prefect posted:

"the spleen" in the movie "mystery men" had the power of farting

it was not a great movie, but it did have some good moments

yeah, it was one of those movies where i laughed out loud a few times but overall it was kinda bad

i think they call that the will ferrell valley

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Captain Foo posted:

i have 2 upses at home :smuggo:

actually that reminds me of a question i had for jello or anyone who knows things about circuit breakers

my ups has a little counter on it for the number of times it has switched to battery

i had it for six months and it got up to like 25 times so i thought i had really garbage power

then one day i came home to a popped breaker for no reason, but ever since resetting the breaker the ups hasn't switched to battery once

is that a thing that happens with circuit breakers, like was it a crummy or incomplete connection before and now since i reset it everything is actually fine?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DaTroof posted:

yeah, it was one of those movies where i laughed out loud a few times but overall it was kinda bad

i think they call that the will ferrell valley

i'm a sucker for "group of mismatched misfit losers actually succeeds" movies -- "major league" is an all-time classic for me :patriot:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!

!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

PuTTY riot posted:

i think everyones desk has orange outlets here (generator) idk

yeah this is like generator ++ since its full live UPS like zero outage in case of failure, even before the generator building has time to come up

but i also sit on top of a gently caress off huge datacenter and work for The Internet so

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Sniep posted:

yeah this is like generator ++ since its full live UPS like zero outage in case of failure, even before the generator building has time to come up

but i also sit on top of a gently caress off huge datacenter and work for The Internet so

thats dope. my workstation is a laptop tho so my monitors just turn off for a sec and then the ycome back on its ok i guess. the servers all have UPS backups but whole building UPS sounds dope

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i have 2 upses at home :smuggo:

actually that reminds me of a question i had for jello or anyone who knows things about circuit breakers

my ups has a little counter on it for the number of times it has switched to battery

i had it for six months and it got up to like 25 times so i thought i had really garbage power

then one day i came home to a popped breaker for no reason, but ever since resetting the breaker the ups hasn't switched to battery once

is that a thing that happens with circuit breakers, like was it a crummy or incomplete connection before and now since i reset it everything is actually fine?

idk sorry

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

time for lunch and to see what this work day holds for me. hope i have time to finish my homework thats due tonight

same

except the lunch bit

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

:yosbutt:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

:quig:
:yosbutt:

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
I, too, am sleepy. It's probably because i had frozen yogurt for lunch which is kinda like being gay so i guess :quig:

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
:quig: yessss

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!
a few blocks down there's a little mountain with a little crater and a little lake inside it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

slurpee trip at lunch, feels good (cold) man

7up - lime - watermelon/lime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

wesley snypes posted:

a few blocks down there's a little mountain with a little crater and a little lake inside it

snypes what kind of camera do you have?

• Locked thread