Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
From ESPN right now:

gently caress this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If that picture with the crab legs offends you, you really need to loosen up.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The crab legs things is nothing. The whole raping thing is the bigger deal.

Someone tell me about the Eagles WR

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DOOP posted:

Well, Gil Brandt was so sure he was going to be picked by the Eagles, he gave another writer a sealed envelope with his name on it back in early March.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DariusLikewise posted:

Gurley pick is wasted unless the Rams draft offensive line with every remaining draft pick then sign 3 more out of free agency.

I'm looking forward to Fisher taking defense the rest of the way. :smithicide:

Without the ACL injury Gurley would be ranked like right next to Williams for best prospect in the draft. I think he landed in a good situation where he can lean on Tre Mason and a smart coaching staff that has already consistently gotten a ton out of mediocre talent. RBs that tear their ACL need to be babied along in their career.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
If you want to gain trust, as the first headline says, don't post a picture referencing a shoplifting charge, like the second headline says.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
We traded up for a RB.

We traded UP for a RB.

It's 2015.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Cole posted:

If you want to gain trust, as the first headline says, don't post a picture referencing a shoplifting charge, like the second headline says.

wahhh

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
sorry you're right let me welcome the guy with open arms

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SA2K posted:

We traded up for a RB.

We traded UP for a RB.

It's 2015.

Gordons good yo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tom Telesco has traded his fourth round pick three years in a row.

He must really hate getting up early on Saturday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

Gordons good yo

I'm saying the trade up was probably unnecessary

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I guess the Saints did OK things last night. Feeling alright with it.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Don't know anything about Shaq Thompson since I've been living overseas for two years, but I do know that Thomas Davis is probably the longest tenured player on our roster and has had several knee surgeries. It's not like we can just say "But we have Kuechley and Davis!" Things happen, especially at a position that takes so many hits like LB. Look at how quickly Jon Beason went from being our cornerstone to a New York Giant.

Looks like we might be interested in playing Thompson in some fusion-role in nickel packages as a LB/safety?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DOOP posted:

How would you like to judge him as a rapist aside from the criminal justice system?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Cardinals wanted to trade with the Bengals for Bud Dupree and the Bengals said no.

:qq:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Everyone hating on the Skins for drafting a legitimate offensive linemen are dumb. Sure Williams would have been good on that Dline, but the skins Dline is not nearly as atrocious as their oline. The whole right side has been a liability for the past forever. Sherf will be a day 1 RT who should stop some of that bleeding. They prb should go draft another guy or two just cause, but I will admit if Landon Collins is around at their 2nd round pick they prb should get a legit safety too.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

That Works posted:

I guess the Saints did OK things last night. Feeling alright with it.
I don't know college players, but it sounds like we addressed two positions of need? Are either of these guys likely to be instant starters?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SA2K posted:

I'm saying the trade up was probably unnecessary

San Fran was probably threatening to take him, even with Hyde and Gore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

Anyway, he actually likes the Colts pick

I mean, they got a really good player. In a vacuum it's a great pick. But there was a safety there and they are in dire need of one. Or a DT. It was a luxury pick for a position of strength.

He'll be a good player and probably return kicks and punts and that's nice, but it's just really weird.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I like the Marcus Peters pick. I wanted an ILB or WR more, but Peters is basically a designed in a lab to be a Bob Sutton CB

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Picks I don't like:

-Mariota to TEN at 2. I don't trust the staff to change the team in the direction they'd need to go in for Mariota.
-Gurley to STL at 10. The problems with the running game this coming year weren't going to be a result of the running backs on the roster. This was a poor fit.
-Peat to NO at 13. This wasn't really a position of need, and the problem with their offense last year was probably their god-awful defense and special teams (kind of hard to have a successful offense when you don't have the ball much and have terrible field position when you do).
-SD paying a 4th and a 5th to move up two goddamned spots. I like Gordon in SD, but long-term this was probably a dumb move.
-Armstead to SF at 17. Ahahahaha this team is the biggest shitshow right now. West-coasters gonna wish they were Browns fans for the next couple years.
-Dorsett to IND at 29. Actually, scratch that - speaking as a Pats fan, this is the best of all possible picks.

Picks I like:

-Malcolm Brown to NE at 32. Can't believe he was still there. Probably should have been a top-half talent. Neither could NE, apparently, who seemed all set to trade down.
-Leonard Williams to NYJ at 6. Probably the best value pick of the 1st round, AND the most terrifying pick of the 1st round. That D-line is going to eat offenses for breakfast. Minor points off for not keeping Sexy Rexy around to blow opposing offenses the gently caress up.
-Shaq Thompson to CAR at 25. Smart pick, good fit, good value.
-Amari Cooper to OAK. We knew this was coming, but it's still great. Cooper is such a joy to watch.
-Parker to MIA. That is a really fun receiving core now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Tannehill does with it.
-Shane Ray to Broncos at 23 (at the cost of 2 5ths). Yeah yeah Colorado pot laws etc etc., but Ray is a top 10 talent, fits the scheme well, and the Broncos org is well-run and disciplined enough to keep Ray on the one true path.
-D.J. Humphries to ARI at 24. About the right spot for Humphries to be taken, and ARI still needs a pass rusher, but I really like the moves to improve the O-line this year. That should work out well for them in the long run. Smart but not fancy (also goony as gently caress).
-BOTH of the Browns picks. Like really, they were both smart picks. I know, I'm stunned too.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Doppelganger posted:

I don't know college players, but it sounds like we addressed two positions of need? Are either of these guys likely to be instant starters?

Just going by the analysis so far it seems like we might have a starting LB and Peat at RT so I hope so?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Shaq Thom is gonna own y'all

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ZenVulgarity posted:

Shaq Thom is gonna own y'all

Watch him vulture TDs next year

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Doltos posted:

[*]A lot of pundits are giving great grades to the Steelers but I was feeling like Bud Dupree was dropping a bit for a reason. His tape just is really, really raw. He also looks lost on defense sometimes, which is bad considering how simple Kentucky made his role. People are going to knock the Shane Ray pick but I think it was a better choice.

Dupree's role was anything but simple in Kentucky's defense last year. In fact, his role has never been simple. He changed from TE to DE as a true freshman, went to what Rick Minter called the Sam (hybrid LB/DE) as a sophomore, spent his JR year alternating between 4-3 WDE, 3-4 Jack and 4-3 WLB, and played almost exclusively as a Jack in his SR year but spent a significant amount of times dropping into coverage because Kentucky's defensive talent was a giant black hole filled with space-garbage.

If he were given an actual simple role (ala Fowler at UF or Beasley at Clemson) his stats would have been through the roof even though virtually every team chipped with a back or TE on passing downs because Kentucky didn't have another serious threat (outside of maybe Za'Darius Smith) to rush the passer. Even though he didn't have the advantage of being set free to make explosive plays, he still finished with 7.5 sacks and 12.5 TFL as a SR.

Dupree is an athletic freak in the same vein as Jadaveon Clowney who sacrificed his stats for the good of the team which needed him (as far and away its best player) to attempt to scheme its way out of a talent deficiency. As someone who watched every snap of every game Dupree played in for the last four years, it boggles my mind that someone watched his tape last year and decided that Kentucky made his role simple.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Doltos posted:

Watch him vulture TDs next year

He'll have more receptions than their wideouts not named K Ben

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

The Cardinals wanted to trade with the Bengals for Bud Dupree and the Bengals said no.

:qq:

Why? Did they really think the Steelers or Denver was going to take Ogbuehi? Dammit :negative:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Marcus Peters' mentor is Marshawn Lynch, I love this pick

Although I also loved Jon Baldwin mainly because he was best friends with Darrelle Revis, I think I put too much stock into these sorta things

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doltos posted:

San Fran was probably threatening to take him, even with Hyde and Gore.

Gore is a Colt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Picks I don't like:

-SD paying a 4th and a 5th to move up two goddamned spots. I like Gordon in SD, but long-term this was probably a dumb move.

I didn't like moving up because I thought it was unnecessary, but I don't think giving up a 4th in a talent deficient draft this year and a fifth next year is really gonna haunt us down the road.

I think we'll be more haunted by taking Gordon instead of Shane Ray

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'm agreeing with Cole, which feels very strange. The problem with the crab legs photo isn't that petty theft or NCAA gifts violations are some awful crime, it's that celebrating by making a reference to a previous petty theft or NCAA gifts violation is definitely a childish and immature thing to do

When I was like 13 my friend and I went to the movies and tried to buy tickets to an R movie but got shut down by the ticket girl, so we bought tickets to a PG-13 movie and then snuck into the R one. Then when we were leaving my friend shouted at the ticket girl "WE REALLY ENJOYED [name of R movie]!!!!!" Jamies Winston just did the instagram equivalent of this

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Crab legs pic is essentially a "gently caress the haters" pic, which in a vacuum would be funny, but because it's Jameis is just a reminder he did some heinous poo poo and continues to not give a poo poo.

Wish Mariota and Winston had been flipped, I like rooting for the Bucs and against the Titans and now I'm conflicted.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

Why? Did they really think the Steelers or Denver was going to take Ogbuehi? Dammit :negative:
Who loving knows. On the Bengals.com video where the staff calls Ogbuehi, Paul Alexander asks him if he's "jacked" with a huge smile on his face. They all seem pretty excited but... man.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Everyone hating on the Skins for drafting a legitimate offensive linemen are dumb. Sure Williams would have been good on that Dline, but the skins Dline is not nearly as atrocious as their oline. The whole right side has been a liability for the past forever. Sherf will be a day 1 RT who should stop some of that bleeding. They prb should go draft another guy or two just cause, but I will admit if Landon Collins is around at their 2nd round pick they prb should get a legit safety too.

Now that the insanity has died down a bit I agree. If anything I should be happy we didn't pick Williams if it meant we had a board and stuck with it. If he gets coached up right he might be a solid LT in the long run.

Collins would be a solid pick. There are also some good OL prospects if we wanted to keep going.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i am glad with the vic beasley pick because really how can you say "this wasn't what the falcons needed" when we got a good pass rusher to replace our waving cardboard men

i mean i really can't criticize it

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

kalensc posted:

Crab legs pic is essentially a "gently caress the haters" pic, which in a vacuum would be funny, but because it's Jameis is just a reminder he did some heinous poo poo and continues to not give a poo poo.

Wish Mariota and Winston had been flipped, I like rooting for the Bucs and against the Titans and now I'm conflicted.

Brendan Sonnone ‏@osfsu
Lovie Smith on Winston's crab-leg picture: "I think it's been documented that he loves crab legs.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Outside of the Steelers landing Dupree, whom is good, this was like the ideal first round for the Browns in terms of their picks and the relative reaches by the Bengals and Ravens

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I know a lot of fans are complaining about their teams picking defensive backs, but to me it makes a lot of sense, given how much nickel subs have become de facto base formations for a lot of teams. It's not enough to have two good cornerbacks in the league anymore and I think a lot of teams are responding to that.

Democrazy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Brendan Sonnone ‏@osfsu
Lovie Smith on Winston's crab-leg picture: "I think it's been documented that he loves crab legs.

:getin:

• Locked thread