Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

‏@stoolpresidente
True derby story. Gronk brought his own bose boombox and is dancing. Heavily frowned upon by horse racing purists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

She's committing his side profile to memory for the police lineup.

She's so high on quaaludes she has no idea where she is

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

‏@stoolpresidente
True derby story. Gronk brought his own bose boombox and is dancing. Heavily frowned upon by horse racing purists

I hope there's video.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Gronk must be hanging out with Welker.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hm. You guys are making a big push for a top ten evil team. Maybe even top five over here...
Good job catching up with the rest of us on this issue. The Jaguars have hated the Titans for being an objectively evil franchise since 1999.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, over the next three years his contract is as generous as you could get. But he wants to get paid beyond that. Which is dumb for anyone to do, because he's a runningback. And he knows that, he knows his value is diminishing every year. He's trying to find a sucker who will give him an extension and more guaranteed money.

All in the game really, as long as he doesn't hold out with three years on his contract.

The Vikings have covered all of the guaranteed money on the contract, so if AP were cut at this point they wouldn't owe him anything more. Dogra wants more guaranteed money to show the Vikings "commitment" to keeping him on the team, because his payday could end at a moments notice with the current deal. They both signed the deal, and AP is due $12.75M in 2015 if he's on the team, so it's a little tough to feel bad for either of their situations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Chris James 2 posted:

‏@stoolpresidente

I love you Gronk

Please don't turn out to be a disgusting shitbag

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope he's slow dancing like Jimmy Pesto Jr

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I love you Gronk

Please don't turn out to be a disgusting shitbag

Once he's old and less fun he's going to get busted with a hooker.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Once he's old and less fun he's going to get busted with a hooker.
Actually in his will Hugh Hefner will leave his estate to Gronkowski, seeing him as the most fitting heir to the Playboy empire.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Gronk must be hanging out with Welker.

This shot was released, they are all rolling on molly:

My guesses for everyone are:

Amendola, Gronk, Welker, Edelman, Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Matt Cassel, James Develin and some young Roger Goodell looking motherfucker.

I'd make a crack about it looking like a Klan rally, but that's implied by it being a horse race.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

JT Jag posted:

If you're Peterson, can you blame him for trying to get another payday? I mean it's greedy as gently caress but get your money while you still can, especially since he's hitting that age where he'll probably not get another big contract after this one expires.

No, especially since the Vikings can cut him with virtually no penalty. The reason it's hilarious because of everything Dogra's said this entire offseason.

"I respect the Vikings for how committed they are to keeping Adrian Peterson after I spent 4 months trying to force a trade with no leverage."

Obviously this is sports and there's no honor to be won here, it's just really entertaining because normally it isn't this transparent.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Supposedly the Falcons are denying rumors that they will trade for Irvin. Bummer. I'd like to see him end up on the Jags or Falcons if he can't be a Hawk anymore.

JT Jag posted:

Good job catching up with the rest of us on this issue. The Jaguars have hated the Titans for being an objectively evil franchise since 1999.

G.E. Moore and I want to know what 'objective evil' is.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Supposedly the Falcons are denying rumors that they will trade for Irvin. Bummer. I'd like to see him end up on the Jags or Falcons if he can't be a Hawk anymore.

Eh, I wouldn't too much stock in anything anyone says right now. Where there is smoke there is fire, so I wouldn't be super shocked if something went down tonight.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

JT Jag posted:

Your concerns are very valid, tbqh. Shameful, but if Mettenberger goes then they get a little more just so Titans fans can hope for that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Eh, I wouldn't too much stock in anything anyone says right now. Where there is smoke there is fire, so I wouldn't be super shocked if something went down tonight.

Hawks are probably asking for our 2, if they're not biting.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kalli posted:

This shot was released, they are all rolling on molly:

Amendola, Gronk, Welker, Edelman, Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Matt Cassel, James Develin and some young Roger Goodell looking motherfucker.

I'd make a crack about it looking like a Klan rally, but that's implied by it being a horse race.

Nah there are enough short latin people there for it to not be a klan rally

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

If I was a pass rusher I would look at going to Atlanta as going to my personal hell.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hm. You guys are making a big push for a top ten evil team. Maybe even top five over here...

That's fine I like to root for heels more anyway

I don't want green beckham though unless he gets professional help

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
But Dan Quinn actually knows how to use a d line :confused:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bad Moon posted:

But Dan Quinn actually knows how to use a d line :confused:

Panthers hate, nothing to see here.

Seriously though, if Vic comes in and puts up any kind of numbers he will be a loving hero in Atlanta due to the bar being so hilariously low. With his first step and with Quinn coaching him up, he looks like he will be a force.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

If I was a pass rusher I would look at going to Atlanta as going to my personal hell.

I hope the snow never melts in Buffalo this year.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Hard for me to decide whether I dislike the 49ers black jerseys or the Armstead pick worse. Man does the Jed York Show suck real bad.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Hard for me to decide whether I dislike the 49ers black jerseys or the Armstead pick worse. Man does the Jed York Show suck real bad.

Yeah, Jeb York is pretty great

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Kazak_Hstan posted:

is this pick gonna be one of those bullets on a worst of all time list?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dubious posted:

is this pick gonna be one of those bullets on a worst of all time list?

He's a two or three year developmental project taken in the middle of the first round.

Worst of all time, probably not. Just dumb.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

That rancid, traitorous motherfucker.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burger Trench posted:

That rancid, traitorous motherfucker.

Don't poo poo on Matt, you're the ones that hired a former Patriots quarterback. He's just chasing a check and blowing money with his bro's at the track.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i legit hope Cassel is serviceable in Buffalo. I didn't actually hate him in his time in MN, seems like a cool dude.

although i'd love to see Tyrod Time be a thing

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I've figured it out.

Neither is worse than the other, they're exactly the same.

Both are boring, stupid, unnecessary things that arrived at the wrong time (Armstead in the 2nd or 3rd round, black uniforms in the 90s).

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
For every rush move Armstead develops, the 49ers will add gold somewhere to the jersey.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Metapod posted:

That's fine I like to root for heels more anyway

I don't want green beckham though unless he gets professional help

I hope they don't, for your sake. Tennessee doesn't deserve all those bad dudes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hope they don't, for your sake. Tennessee doesn't deserve all those bad dudes

i hope they do draft him because if he cleans up his act then he is the steal of the draft and if he doesn't oh well

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I dunno, maybe the fact that the Titans stole the Jaguars playbook during the 1999 season, which I can only presume had a significant impact on them being the only team that could beat the Jaguars that year.

Also the Music City Miracle was a forward lateral.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
At least you didn't know beforehand that the other team's coach knew your playbook. Or wrote it even. I mean no one could be that dumb, right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

get over it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I don't understand how that makes them objectively evil.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

At least you didn't know beforehand that the other team's coach knew your playbook. Or wrote it even. I mean no one could be that dumb, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwZWXjdGnY

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

get over it
Never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008