Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm gonna go get stuff for burgers tonight and then i'm also gonna get stuff for making lentil soup tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm 4 hours into a big ol 5lb hunk of pork butt in the slow cooker

been awhile since i've done pulled pork but goddamn if it wasn't on sale for cheaper per pound than the onions that went into it

Graff
May 10, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i'm gonna go get stuff for burgers tonight and then i'm also gonna get stuff for making lentil soup tomorrow

can I please have lentil soup recipe if it is good

if it is bad plz do not feel obliged to respond.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i have a whole bunch of mixed beans and lentils and poo poo that i gotta do something with

i always THINK im gonna be making soup and get poo poo to do it with but then the reality is almost never actually end up making soup

Sniep fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 3, 2015

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 348 days!
are we posting c dinner s

i'm making more donuts.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

wesley snypes posted:

are we posting c dinner s

i'm making more donuts.

donuts isnt dinner

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
anything can be dinner when you're a grown up!

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 348 days!

BooLoo posted:

drat straight

being an adult means i can make myself a stack of pancakes as tall as i want, and nobody can tell me no

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i'm having noodles because i'm too lazy to make chicken tonight

tomorrow though looks to be breaded chicken, garlic red potatoes, and veggies

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

daaaang it's hailing

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

coconut chicken curry w/rice and naan, grown-up cookin feels good man

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
edit in photo of the beans on hand i guess i dont have that many. i should make that 10 bean soup tho. i regularly use kidney beans and black beans so those are always in rotation

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BooLoo posted:

im a goddamn adult

Graff
May 10, 2012

dinner today: beers and a pickled egg w/ hot sauce on it and another beers also a packet of pork scratchings

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Graff posted:

can I please have lentil soup recipe if it is good

if it is bad plz do not feel obliged to respond.

i mean usually i just convert whatever is in my fridge to something delicious but it has some basic steps that you need to follow:

1) either soak your lentils ahead of time or dont. i've gotten bitten too many times by lentils that just dont ever loving finish cooking so i soak my genitals

2) make a mire pos with carrots/celery/onion. if you want you can use bacon instead of olive oil, or just use olive oils. i usually have to buy celery/carrots so if i cant get them individually i put the rest in the soup later.

3) once your mire pos is done, add a shitton of garlic of course and then you just start putting in whatever is in your fridge depending on how long you think it needs to cook. I also put in whatever spices strike my fancy. I do it like this usually:
3a) chop up a bunch of greens and throw them in first so that they can get fried up a little bit in the oil/bacon/spices/mire poix
3b) dump in a can of san marzanos
3c) let that break down for a little bit, then chop up chicken and throw it in. optionally, brown the chicken first (usually too much effort for me)

4) make sure you either have homemade beef or chicken stock or stock provided by your local hipster butcher. or if your'e vegetarian use a vegetable stock but you're gonna need to figure that out on your own. if you don't have an amazing stock just give up. i usually end up using a quart of stock and like half a quart of water. maybe this is why my lentils never cook. anyhow at this point i dump in my stock

5) then I just keep adding whatever vegetables I want depending on how much I want them incorporated into the soup. usually i brown up the rest of the carrots + celery + some mushrooms in olive oil, and put them in once the lentils/chicken are done or nearly done. otherwise they break down too much.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 3, 2015

Graff
May 10, 2012

hi quig

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Graff posted:

hi quig

sup

i had a salad with a v tasty jalapeno dressing but it was also v spicy and got whatever reason i can't cry atm and my eyes are burning send help

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
c dinner s: leftover pizza because gently caress it

at least my throat isn't too sore to eat it

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Notorious QIG posted:

sup

i had a salad with a v tasty jalapeno dressing but it was also v spicy and got whatever reason i can't cry atm and my eyes are burning send help

you're beautiful quig you don't need to botox

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I'm making a lentil and onion and green pepper curry. spiced with garlic and cloves and cumin and cardamom and peppercorns. v good.

Graff
May 10, 2012

tyvm also i'm both the mire and the pos

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
leftover bbq for dinner. reheating bbq is never great, but putting it in oven adn warming it up slowly as the oven heats up seems to work

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

you're beautiful quig you don't need to botox

bitch i dont need you telling me im beautiful

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i like how everything that starts with "1) start with a mirepoix" is gonna be delicious

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

born on a buy you posted:

leftover bbq for dinner. reheating bbq is never great, but putting it in oven adn warming it up slowly as the oven heats up seems to work

McRib isn't back yet.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Notorious QIG posted:

im a goddamn adult

let's get donuts!

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 348 days!
when i was a kid i thought there was some kind of adult-onset mental compulsion to scrape all the brownie batter or what have you out of the bowl so there was nothing left to lick

ive since learned that this is false

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

State Farm sent me a letter saying that the replacement cost of my house is twice what I paid for it. Nice try, State Farm.

Graff
May 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

bitch i dont need you telling me im beautiful

am i beautiful quig. my self esteem hinges on this.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

chicken kebabs with mushroom, onion, bell pepper with cajunesque seasoning

p good

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

State Farm sent me a letter saying that the replacement cost of my house is twice what I paid for it. Nice try, State Farm.

pretty normal

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
going to get my pizza on now. hell yeah.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Graff posted:

am i beautiful quig. my self esteem hinges on this.

youre as beautiful as i am gay

Graff
May 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

youre as beautiful as i am gay

okay m8 don't overdo it

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Chorrax posted:

im gonna be slightly upset if the yankees sweep the red sox tonight

What's the over under on both teams getting contracted during the game? Also all their fans sent to an island where no one will ever need to see them again.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

What's the over under on both teams getting contracted during the game? Also all their fans sent to an island where no one will ever need to see them again.

wish somebody would put all new england sports fans dirt over, under ground

also your posts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yea there's a whole lotta liability there

train engineers now can't even have a cellphone turned on in the cab b/c lawyers crawled up one of their asses after a crash where the guy was texting or something

b/c if he hadn't then he could've just stomped on the brake pedal and stopped the train in time, you see

I'm fine with this rule

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you should be far far more worried about aaallllll of the crossings that don't have any signalization or warning devices at all

there is a really terrible unsignalled crossing not too far from here. it's at the top of a pretty steep hill surrounded by trees, and the track is RIGHT at the end of the slope. if a train is coming, and doesn't use the horns you will not know, and may even drive into the side of it.

right after that is a sharp turn.

whoever did that road really hosed up

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

your mirepoix is a pos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

there is a really terrible unsignalled crossing not too far from here. it's at the top of a pretty steep hill surrounded by trees, and the track is RIGHT at the end of the slope. if a train is coming, and doesn't use the horns you will not know, and may even drive into the side of it.

right after that is a sharp turn.

whoever did that road really hosed up

Where in Pennsylvania is this?

• Locked thread