Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

I got put in Clan Rapier for voting sword a bunch so I'm guessing that it's not just literally Sword and Whip and nothing else.

I got Clan Bullwhip. Apparently joining someone's clan makes your votes count more? Here's mine if it's okay to post: http://swordorwhip.com/?c=Mp9djs9Fe1fawSVLnRjYHFCdteG1CH3HR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Actually the correct option is to join the katana clan, because yadda yadda hanzo steel http://swordorwhip.com/?c=2BcpsjBBvoQbbuinUKTGEShJQEYKWvk

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Join any clan, as long as it's a Whip clain, like Iron Flail.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Same, I really don't want this to end up like Mighty Number 9 where its just "Game I used to work on with the names filed off". I want IGA to make his own original Metroidvania style game.
Yeah me three. They can choose Draculas or they can choose whips but I feel it will be a pity if they go with both.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
More info about the hinted-at new BK game that may compete with YL, pieced together mostly from sugar packets - despite the motion-controlled BK audience experience at SXSW that caused much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, the Rare game that will be announced at E3 will most definitely not be motion controlled. Indeed, Microsoft, at long loving last, wants to move away from Rare being the Kinect Sports Company (TM), although it might be a little late for that, what with all the kids who have grown up knowing it as nothing but that.

Of course, if the game announced at E3 is a Battletoads game, Banjo-Kazooie's next game could still turn out to be a Kinectstrosity, which would mean that Yooka-Laylee has already won.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can you imagine? A new igavania where they have to make new models for the enemies? This is a brave new world.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Kinect Sports is good, actually.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Great Rumbler posted:

A Kickstarter game from many moons ago is nearing it's release version:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269650/

If you're not familiar with it at all, Dex is 2D platformer RPG in the vein of Flashback: Quest for Identity [imagine somebody expanding on the part of Flashback where you're in the city trying to raise enough money for a ticket back to Earth]. Right now it's feature and content complete, with just some bug-fixing and other polish to go before it's completely finished. It's pretty engaging game, to be honest, though I am a sucker for all things cyberpunk.

Have you played it? Is it actually legitimately similar to Flashback? Because whenever an indie game says it's similar to Flashback it's never loving true.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

Of course, if the game announced at E3 is a Battletoads game, Banjo-Kazooie's next game could still turn out to be a Kinectstrosity, which would mean that Yooka-Laylee has already won.
Speaking as someone who never played the original Banjo games, honestly I like the character concepts of Yooka-Laylee better. To me Banjo always looked too goofy looking.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

AnonSpore posted:

I got put in Clan Rapier for voting sword a bunch so I'm guessing that it's not just literally Sword and Whip and nothing else.

You apparently don't get anything for alternating. At least not as often as I have.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

BiggerJ posted:

More info about the hinted-at new BK game that may compete with YL, pieced together mostly from sugar packets - despite the motion-controlled BK audience experience at SXSW that caused much gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, the Rare game that will be announced at E3 will most definitely not be motion controlled. Indeed, Microsoft, at long loving last, wants to move away from Rare being the Kinect Sports Company (TM), although it might be a little late for that, what with all the kids who have grown up knowing it as nothing but that.

I called it.

There's no way they have any intention of making the new Banjo a kinect game. They've never made any kinect games with their existing IP, only made new ones for them, so these fears are pretty unfounded.

I have a feeling that they're going to announce TWO games, both a Banjo game and a Battletoads one.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 5, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

:ohdear: I hope it's not 3D

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

I have a thin hope for Castlevania Prime.

(but yeah... :ohdear: is my reaction too).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It may just mean it's going to be on 3DS.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Or it could be 2.5D. :haw:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I assumed that's what people meant by 3D, I don't see them making a pure 3D castlevania kickstarter.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cabbagepots posted:

I called it.

There's no way they have any intention of making the new Banjo a kinect game. They've never made any kinect games with their existing IP, only made new ones for them, so these fears are pretty unfounded.

I have a feeling that they're going to announce TWO games, both a Banjo game and a Battletoads one.

Surely they're both going to be small downloadable games that will be quickly forgotten just as Killer Instinct was. Like I would play these games if I had an Xbox One but if Microsoft thinks this kind of stuff is going to win a lot of people over they're probably delusional.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So what's quantifying KI as being 'forgotten' here?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Mighty Vania 9

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Does it call everyone this, or does it have multiple names?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Colon Semicolon posted:

Does it call everyone this, or does it have multiple names?

I am Amdusias the Abashed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Everyone gets a randomly generated name, based on demons from the Ars Goetia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demons_in_the_Ars_Goetia

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I think my name is Ronove the Raging. I've seen Dantalion the Dour, Shax the Slanderous, and Zepar the Zany.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Zaa Boogie posted:

So what's quantifying KI as being 'forgotten' here?

Is anyone loving playing KI at this point? Like they've been putting out characters but it doesn't seem like anyone cares.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

Surely they're both going to be small downloadable games that will be quickly forgotten just as Killer Instinct was. Like I would play these games if I had an Xbox One but if Microsoft thinks this kind of stuff is going to win a lot of people over they're probably delusional.

If you think KI was forgotten you're the one who's delusional. It has a bustling competitive community and its roster size has doubled, the latest character being Cinder who was released a week or so ago. They pledged to support KI over the course of several seasons with new characters and content. Last week they announced that all digital sales would go towards a community fund for tournaments, with the goal being to reach $100,000, and they just announced yesterday that they already reached that goal. It has a $50K prize pool at Evo this year. It's not a "small" title in any way. Just because you aren't aware of the community doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

MS has been hyping up the return of Banjo and Battletoads for nearly two years now, they wouldn't do that for small downloadable titles.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 5, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the xbone is dead

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Bustling

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Yeah because Shoryuken.com is the only place fighting game players go on the entire loving internet. It's not like the game has its own dedicated forum or anything.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean the amount of activity on that forum outside of the general discussions doesn't exactly strike me as bustling either. But okay, fine, there is a community at least, but that doesn't change the fact that Killer Instinct is a budget downloadable title. I can't see them putting out a new Battletoads game for more than $20 - and that doesn't mean it'll be a bad game, but in terms of scale it's never ever going to be a huge draw for that console.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Cabbagepots posted:

Yeah because Shoryuken.com is the only place fighting game players go on the entire loving internet. It's not like the game has its own dedicated forum or anything.

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 925 (May 04, 2015, 01:21:44 PM)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Can you imagine? A new igavania where they have to make new models for the enemies? This is a brave new world.
Who said it's in 3D? :confused:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Dracula did.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

I mean the amount of activity on that forum outside of the general discussions doesn't exactly strike me as bustling either. But okay, fine, there is a community at least, but that doesn't change the fact that Killer Instinct is a budget downloadable title.

Cheez posted:

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 925 (May 04, 2015, 01:21:44 PM)

So because it that's the most users it's had online, simultaneously, at one single point in time, that means... um, I'm not sure what you're trying to say, actually. But apparently a thousand users online all at once on a forum for a single game isn't actually a lot, by some poorly defined metric.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 5, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Cabbagepots posted:

some poorly defined metric.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Yeah, except that's Shoryuken, which is a forum and news site for EVERY fighting game under the sun, that has existed for 15 years and is the producer of Evo, the biggest fighting game tournament series in the world. And you're seriously comparing that to a one year old forum for a single game that's two years old.

Are you really this stupid?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Cabbagepots posted:

Yeah, except that's Shoryuken, which is a forum and news site for EVERY fighting game under the sun, that has existed for 15 years and is the producer of Evo, the biggest fighting game tournament series in the world. And you're seriously comparing that to a one year old forum for a single game that's two years old.

Are you really this stupid?

dont you have a giantess fetish game to make

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Great Joe posted:

Who said it's in 3D? :confused:

Well they have to make new models because they don't own the models of Dracula X, Symphony of the night and co.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝

Hello. I am Josh. I hate you all, I have a total and utter disdain for humanity, and I will find you and kill you in your sleep.

My talents include but are not limited to Flash animation, Tweaking out in a cold sweat, Video games, Battling with imaginary tentacle demons, and hating anime.

While on that topic, I'd just like to inform you that anime is the embodiment of all that is loathesome. It's something that Satan himself created, or rather pulled out of his rear end and tossed up to all the foolish mortals in the human realm. It got to one guy and it spread like a wildfire after a cow lit a fart, and it has been taking over the world, slowly, one dumbass at a time.

I managed to evade it's evil grasp. If you don't know what anime is, there's still a chance for you to be saved! However, if you are one of the vast marching hordes of idiots who actually liked anime, do humanity a favor and don't breed.

One day, the anime-pocalypse will come and it will spell doom for us all. When that time comes, I hope you morons realise that IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU STUPID FAGS.

RaNciDPsychOJosH: I am none of these people.
RaNciDPsychOJosH: I am a new voice.
RaNciDPsychOJosH: I am Josh Tejada.
RaNciDPsychOJosH: and one day people will say "You sound like Josh Tejada"
RaNciDPsychOJosH: or "You're good but you're no Josh Tejada".
Blaklyon Zero: Then show me your power
RaNciDPsychOJosH: You will see... just like everyone else.
RaNciDPsychOJosH: Everyone is blind.

Ahhh... here we are, my first oekaki ever. (Well, that's only half-true, I tried it twice before but it screwed up on me each time.)

This is my tiger catgirl character, Milchi. She has a tail and stuff that you can't see but... eh, it's a long story.

This is just her, vaporizing the Teen Titans tower with... atomic breath, a power she doesn't normally have (nor is she normally a giantess). I tried doing this once before but as I said, it screwed up. I drew this picture to reflect my utter hatred of the show Teen Titans, and all those piece of poo poo american animes just like it that are now all over the drat place... but mainly Teen Titans.

I'd like to be able to say that this took me only 10 minutes at the most to draw, but quite frankly, that would be a lie. If it were anything else, like my sketchbook or Flash MX I could've easily made this picture look infinitely better, but as I said this is my first real time using an oekaki. I drew this entirely with my left hand in PaintBBS and I probably should've used the other one, but as it stands I don't have a newfangled tablet doohickey like you kids are all playing with nowadays.

And yes, that's Cyborg she's crushing to powder in her hand. As much as I want to write out a detailed biography of her in this comment box, I must restrain myself...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Well they have to make new models because they don't own the models of Dracula X, Symphony of the night and co.
Why would they need the weird pulsating save thing from Symphony of the Night? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Great Joe posted:

Why would they need the weird pulsating save thing from Symphony of the Night? :confused:

What pulsating save thing?