Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ArtIsResistance posted:

not interested in arcade indie crap, I have a phone!

get it on your phone then, iirc it has an IOS/Android port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

LORD OF BUTT posted:

get it on your phone then, iirc it has an IOS/Android port

doesn't seem like an interesting game to me in the slightest :v:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
guys heres my steam list, suggest a game to play and i'll ignore you thus negating the whole point of asking what game to play

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

VideoGames posted:

guys heres my steam list, suggest a game to play and i'll ignore you thus negating the whole point of asking what game to play

someone said blacklist and that was a good idea. someone suggested a game from a genre that hasn't been interesting since the first time I played it on some flash games site. please do not be offended.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe next time tell people what kind of video games you like so they'll know not to recommend things you don't want to play

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Maybe next time tell people what kind of video games you like so they'll know not to recommend things you don't want to play

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I'm not too concerned if people recommend things I don't want to play, because then I just won't play them. not really seeing the big deal here in the "Games Chat Thread"

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Just play Blacklist and have fun, gamer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blacklist is a fun game and the plot is hilarious so yes I agree do that

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

I will go do that thing. Is the coop like in Conviction where the coop and single player campaigns are entirely different?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Whatever games you have, the right option is X3: Albion Prelude. Go buy that and get your sperg on.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Whatever games you have, the right option is X3: Albion Prelude. Go buy that and get your sperg on.

Ehhhhh I bought Terran Conflict I think and thought I'd get some awesome space dogfighting simulator but it ended up being closer to eve. On that note, are there any awesome space dogfighting simulators? I want to shoot things in space like that one level in unreal tournament 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-L6B3JzkdM

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Star Citizen

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

Star Citizen

xbox one LOL

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok real talk where did the whole thing about Star Citizen being a scam come from? I've heard it a billion times here but absolutely nowhere else and at a casual glance it kinda looks like they're actually delivering on everything (even if it's taking a while)

is it just "Kickstarter game with dumb nerd fanbase, CLEARLY SCAM" and nothing else?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

ok real talk where did the whole thing about Star Citizen being a scam come from? I've heard it a billion times here but absolutely nowhere else and at a casual glance it kinda looks like they're actually delivering on everything (even if it's taking a while)

is it just "Kickstarter game with dumb nerd fanbase, CLEARLY SCAM" and nothing else?

a goon made a funny joke once so now every goon has to make the same joke, again, always same as any other goonmeme

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Its a kickstarted game where you can buy fake ships with thousands of real dollars and the game isn't even close to being out yet

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I don't know that it's a scam but the idea of paying hundreds, or in some cases, thousands of dollars for a spaceship in an unreleased game sounds at the very least like taking advantage of people and it's hard not to judge the team for even offering that kind of thing. Also the fans are as nutty as you'd expect.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

LORD OF BUTT posted:

People spending huge chunks of money for imaginary ships is really mockable, so people will mock.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, pre-orders are already stupid as all loving hell

program666
Aug 22, 2013

you paid a thousand bucks for a building inside second life since everyone told you it was the future and now it's just furries as far as the eye can see.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

program666 posted:

you paid a thousand bucks for a building inside second life since everyone told you it was the future and now it's just furries as far as the eye can see.

But enough about Skyrim mods...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I tried really hard to not make that pun then gave up.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

program666 posted:

the fate of star citizen early adopters, except instead of just a thousand, it's like a hundred thousand.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the only thing worth spending a hundred thousand dollars on is a house, unless you are very, very rich.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BUTT posted:

ok real talk where did the whole thing about Star Citizen being a scam come from?

people are covering this pretty well but to reiterate: a small number of people are paying literally thousands of dollars for spaceships in a videogame that isn't out yet with no real guarantees on that investment

they're basically venture capitalists for whom the returns on their investment are not huge shares of potential longterm profits, but rather imaginary spaceships that may or may not give them a numerical advantage in battle in a game that doesn't really exist yet

that's pretty funny whether or not it meets your definition of a scam

also, they have officially taken in more funding than the entire production cost of skyrim now

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

But really if a loving idiot with too much money wants to spend $10,000 on a fake spaceship that's not a scam.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Zombies' Downfall posted:

also, they have officially taken in more funding than the entire production cost of skyrim now

Maybe they can pay Patrick Stewart to half-heartedly say a few words to open up the game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

But really if a loving idiot with too much money wants to spend $10,000 on a fake spaceship that's not a scam.

http://www.gameskinny.com/mdrty/200-imaginary-spaceships-sold-for-a-real-250000-in-star-citizen-24-hour-livestream-event

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

star citizen is a loving scam in every sense. people get this false sense of superiority by paying ludicrous amounts of money on a photo of a ship and a promise that some day, not tomorrow, not next year, or even the year after, there is a chance the ship will finally get rendered in a virtual game, and then they can ride their spaceship, and crash it or get blown up by space pirates or something.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I don't think you know what a scam is.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

Maybe they can pay Patrick Stewart to half-heartedly say a few words to open up the game.

You mean like FIFA?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I found my original World of Warcraft vanilla manual the other day, I was reading through it and other then the absolute bare basics of combat, everything else in the manual has changed between then and now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If somebody wants to send me $10,000, I will send you a video game in which you are in charge of your very own spaceship. It will be a link to awesome video game, the Ur-Quan Masters, and the money will just be you getting some nice karma for rewarding a guy who gave you a tip about a great old game.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I found my original World of Warcraft vanilla manual the other day, I was reading through it and other then the absolute bare basics of combat, everything else in the manual has changed between then and now.

A significant amount had already changed between the time the manual was printed and the release of the game.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's poo poo in the manual like race/class combinations and stuff that was straight up wrong on Day 1

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Evil Within is cheap now so i bought it. hope it's $20 worth of crazy!

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

If somebody wants to send me $10,000, I will send you a video game in which you are in charge of your very own spaceship. It will be a link to awesome video game, the Ur-Quan Masters, and the money will just be you getting some nice karma for rewarding a guy who gave you a tip about a great old game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I declare that Donkey Kong Country is a pretty good game and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is pretty incredibly super good and I like it very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Evil Within is cheap now so i bought it. hope it's $20 worth of crazy!

It's definitely worth 20 bucks imo. The game falls apart in a couple fairly big ways but it is by no means as crappy as people say it is. Whether it's worth MORE than 20 or not is up for debate.

• Locked thread