Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Florida gonna win the natty with Golson at the helm and it is going to be infuriating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

How do you just not take a final?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@McMurphyESPN: Jimbo Fisher met w/Everett Golson Monday. "We're negotiating. He's a great young man."

negotiating

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ehud posted:

negotiating

These free agent deals take time, relax

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

@McMurphyESPN: Jimbo Fisher met w/Everett Golson Monday. "We're negotiating. He's a great young man."

negotiating

Jimbo's the unapologetic redneck that moves into your neighborhood, blasts Florida-Georgia Line at 2am while working on his "Ski-Doo."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That'd be cool, but it'd be good to know why he got dismissed first.

He had the potential to be a fun player and there is no room for that in Bo Schembechler's Michigan.

LeeMajors posted:

To be fair, Hernandez was just an absolute psychopath, and there wasn't really any smoke while he was at UF. And he's been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I mean obviously there wasn't any way to known that he'd murder a dude but there was tons of smoke about him being trouble in general.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 12, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I mean obviously there wasn't any way to known that he'd murder a dude but there was tons of smoke about him being trouble in general.

Oh, I don't disagree. He was a troublemaker in Conn. when he was being recruited and supposedly 'cleaned up his act.' Nothing ever surfaced while he was there though, and his major problems were years after he left campus.

It isn't like he murdered someone and UF covered it up so he could play football. Or like GPD botched evidence in a suspiciously incompetent way.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm enjoying my friends suddenly scrambling and saying that he wasn't that good anyway, and "he never even returned a kickoff for a touchdown"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-07-02/sports/os-tim-tebow-aaron-hernandez-bar-fight-07022013_1_aaron-hernandez-tim-tebow-bar-fight

quote:

Tim Tebow tried to break up Aaron Hernandez violent bar fight in 2007

Tim Tebow tried to stop Aaron Hernandez from getting into a violent bar fight in 2007 while both were football players at the University of Florida, according to Gainesville police records.

Hernandez, then a 17-year-old freshman, punched a bouncer in the head causing a broken ear drum on April 28, 2007, according to the police report.

When a police officer could not find Hernandez at the scene of the altercation around 1 a.m., the report states he interviewed Tebow about it.

The report stated the following:

A waitress at The Swamp Restaurant allegedly brought Hernandez two "alcoholic drinks," which he consumed but refused to pay for. That's when Hernandez got into a fight with a bouncer at the bar.

Hernandez told police [bouncer Michael] Taphorn got in his face and began yelling at him. As Taphorn turned to walk away, Hernandez punched him in the side of the head.

Taphorn declined medical treatment but the next day doctors discovered his right ear drum had burst and the injury would take four to six weeks to heal.

When the officer could not find Hernandez immediately following the incident, he interviewed Tebow and Shaun Young.

“Tebow stated that he witnessed the dispute,” the officer wrote. “… Tebow stated that he went over to try to help resolve the conflict.”

Tebow went on to say he urged Hernandez to leave peacefully and tried to make arrangements to pay the bill.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm enjoying my friends suddenly scrambling and saying that he wasn't that good anyway, and "he never even returned a kickoff for a touchdown"

I mean he wasn't really, but a lot of that was because they used him about as badly as they possibly could have. He'd have been a lot better with RichRod.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm not saying he was a gamebreaker or anything but he was certainly solid and yeah watching him transition to 8 different positions was pretty sad.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He did in the last home game! But it was called back on a stupid penalty. :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm not saying he was a gamebreaker or anything but he was certainly solid and yeah watching him transition to 8 different positions was pretty sad.

I think they had him playing corner in spring which I am very sad we didn't get to see in an actual game, especially given that there was no way he had the technique to make up for being so tiny. I assume the opposing gameplan would be to just lob it up repeatedly to whoever he got stuck covering.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

This was great, but the comment about Notre Dame fans was even better:

quote:

"It wasn't all bad, though. Usually, when they mess up counting to 31, they end up with a baby."

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ehud posted:

negotiating

So how is this different than Harbaugh/Zordich talking about Lyons? Isn't that a secondary violation?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

I think they had him playing corner in spring which I am very sad we didn't get to see in an actual game, especially given that there was no way he had the technique to make up for being so tiny. I assume the opposing gameplan would be to just lob it up repeatedly to whoever he got stuck covering.

That was literally how the only points of the spring game were scored.

Also, Norfleet once broke a return but got tackled by Illinois' punter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77ijhrfUCc

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

Coaching Savior Jim Harbaugh said he could play all 3 ways!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Losing a TD because the punter or PK tackled you has to be gutting.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@finebaum: "I think it's a consensus among FSU fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment to the University" - Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Ehud posted:

@finebaum: "I think it's a consensus among FSU fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment to the University" - Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

:irony:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

holy poo poo :psyduck:

Crotch Bat posted:

Losing a TD because the punter or PK tackled you has to be gutting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8pxOBBy22Y :v:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

ownnnsss

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ehud posted:

Haha holy poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Man on a related note Trindon Holliday owns. Always loved watching him play at LSU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

And of course the quote was completely out of context since you know, Finebaum.

Jared R. ‏@FSUNOLE21 13m13 minutes ago
@TheBobbyBowden was misquoted by @finebaum. He said JW embarrassed himself and the university off the field at times but he's young (1/2)

Jared R. ‏@FSUNOLE21 12m12 minutes ago
@TheBobbyBowden @finebaum enough to fix those mistakes. Also said he was one of, if not the, best players in FSU history. (2/2)

I love the hate Florida fans have on here now. Every little thing about FSU is just pure hatred. And here us FSU fans sit feeling sorry for you guys.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Bobby Bowden is seeing all the love Spurrier is getting for being brutally truthful. I guess he wants in on it?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Love the immediate FSU spin. Bowden said that quote word for word on Finebaum. The tone was different because Bobby's "aw shucks, I'll write a letter for him" attitude shone through but he absolutely said those words.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Crotch Bat posted:

Love the immediate FSU spin. Bowden said that quote word for word on Finebaum. The tone was different because Bobby's "aw shucks, I'll write a letter for him" attitude shone through but he absolutely said those words.

Word for word huh? http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/5/12/8595233/paul-finebaum-bobby-bowden-quote-jameis-winston

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
People listen to Finebaum outside of the season? Do the crazies even call in??

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A couple years ago, injuries got Maryland down to its fifth-string QB, who was a LB. I wonder who Florida's #5 guy is.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

A couple years ago, injuries got Maryland down to its fifth-string QB, who was a LB. I wonder who Florida's #5 guy is.

Jim McElwain

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

I love the hate Florida fans have on here now. Every little thing about FSU is just pure hatred. And here us FSU fans sit feeling sorry for you guys.

lol is this a quote from somewhere or are you actually saying this to UF goons?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dattserberg posted:

People listen to Finebaum outside of the season? Do the crazies even call in??

Finebaum was pretty solid during hoops season, when WPS Nation would call in non-stop about how Kentucky feared the Hogs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

lol is this a quote from somewhere or are you actually saying this to UF goons?

wandler always goes weapon-grade sperg whenever UF goons don't agree with his opinions or have a negative opinion about FSU.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

vyst posted:

wandler always goes weapon-grade sperg whenever UF goons don't agree with his opinions or have a negative opinion about FSU.

but all I did was paste a tweet

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Ehud posted:

daggum

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

That's actually me though.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Golson visiting Georgia tomorrow :suicide:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Finebaum's quote is Bowden's minus "in a lot of ways" which still doesn't take away the meaning and is some kind of dumb semantics if that's what you're actually arguing considering the point stays the same. It would still be a shocking phrase to hear from Bowden whether it was "in a lot of way" or not.

I said the tone was different(because if Winston was under Bobby you know Bobby wouldn't care if he raped someone) but cmon, you're spinning and caring because you're an FSU fan. The impact is still the same.

I can't believe your dumb fanbase focuses on that instead of the fact that Bobby was chuckling and fairly light-hearted in his response which, if heard, would clearly show anyone that it wasn't quite what Finebaum's tweet made it seem.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Finebaum was also trying to fit the quote on twitter

• Locked thread