Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

TubeStank posted:

Battlefront won't have squads or classes but you do get to have one other person as a "buddy" :downs:

Ah, so they're taking the MOH:W approach. That one worked out really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Shut up you naysayers. Me and my Wookie buddy will RP rhe poo poo out of Han and Chewie! (Just like a bazillion other disingenuous nerds who were not fast enough to spawn in one of the limited jedi slots.) :negative:

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Hopper posted:

Shut up you naysayers. Me and my Wookie buddy will RP rhe poo poo out of Han and Chewie! (Just like a bazillion other disingenuous nerds who were not fast enough to spawn in one of the limited jedi slots.) :negative:

But can you play as a plucky astromech unit and its high strung translator droid sidekick as the electronic warfare option?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Hopper posted:

People complained that Hardline looked like a BF4 mod and now are saying Battlefront is too different. Kind of funny.

I don't mean here, just in general that and "Battlefront II had more stuff" are the major arguments being trotted out now.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I never played a Battlefront game before...

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Hopper posted:

I never played a Battlefront game before...

They weren't bad, but I think the issue is people heard DICE was making Battlefront 3 and immediately thought 'Battlefield Star Wars'. We're actually getting Battlefront 3.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'd rather have Battlefield: Mechwarrior than any Star Wars crap.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Dvsilverwing posted:

Ah, so they're taking the MOH:W approach. That one worked out really well.

MOH:W was actually really loving fun for an arena shooter and I was pretty disappointed that it didn't do as well just because it had a poo poo single player campaign. Why the gently caress do they even make SP campaigns anymore?

I was actually a big fan of the buddy system. It actually made you play as more of a team; granted there was a whole lot less to inspire the goon ADD to act up but still.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

tehinternet posted:

MOH:W was actually really loving fun for an arena shooter and I was pretty disappointed that it didn't do as well just because it had a poo poo single player campaign.

Considering that the battlefield series still sells after they started adding SP campaigns, I very much doubt MOH:W's being lovely was the prime reason it failed.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Considering that the battlefield series still sells after they started adding SP campaigns, I very much doubt MOH:W's being lovely was the prime reason it failed.

Yeah, I just don't understand why it failed. It had good maps, the guns felt great, the different classes were a lot of fun and the killstreaks weren't terrible. It was way better than the CoD installment at the time or any of the ones I've played since.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Probably because you could sit below the spawn chopper and murder any sap dumb enough to spawn there

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

tehinternet posted:

Yeah, I just don't understand why it failed. It had good maps, the guns felt great, the different classes were a lot of fun and the killstreaks weren't terrible. It was way better than the CoD installment at the time or any of the ones I've played since.

I've only really played the multiplayer beta, but at least in that the weapon balance was all kinds of hosed. There was at least one gun that could one-shot-kill dudes with a hit to the chest, and I think another that was semi-automatic and a one-shot-kill to the head. The maps were pretty linear as well, so mostly it was just an exercise of spawning, walking two steps, and then being instantly killed by some guy sitting in a spot overlooking every approach.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
How do I install Final Stand? I have BF4 Premium Edition and it lists all the expansions in my library, but trying to play on a server with Final Stand maps tells me I need to install Final Stand. Clicking "Open in Origin" just opens Origin, and "Retry" doesn't work.

edit: I had to manually set some registry keys since apparently Origin forgot to during install. Good poo poo

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 12, 2015

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
bob dole

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Get on mumble and let's play some shootmans this evening.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
so uh in the spring patch it's going to take 2 bullet headshots now?

why? the ttk in this is already pretty high

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

TubeStank posted:

so uh in the spring patch it's going to take 2 bullet headshots now?

why? the ttk in this is already pretty high

close range 2 headshots will already kill someone so what are you talking about?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

close range 2 headshots will already kill someone so what are you talking about?

they're upping it to two headshots to kill and they really don't clarify further than that, so might apply to snipers / shotguns / deagle / etc etc etc

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

TubeStank posted:

they're upping it to two headshots to kill and they really don't clarify further than that, so might apply to snipers / shotguns / deagle / etc etc etc

Sniper headshots are 1 hit kill at any range though?

maybe they are making it so that no matter what the distance is, if you get headshot twice, you die.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

maybe they are making it so that no matter what the distance is, if you get headshot twice, you die.

Check what they have on the main page dude they don't give many details

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Technically not with the Scout Elite or FY-JS if you're sniping at distances greater than ~120 m :goonsay:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Assault rifles do 24 dmg max so it's 3 headshots for a kill right now.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Sandweed posted:

Assault rifles do 24 dmg max so it's 3 headshots for a kill right now.
Somewht relative, but what''s peoples opinions on Hardcore? I've been playing it alot lately, it's interesting.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ardent Communist posted:

Somewht relative, but what''s peoples opinions on Hardcore? I've been playing it alot lately, it's interesting.

Hardcore is already 2 headshots to kill and the multiplier will keep that, just enabling a 2 hs kill on vanilla. Shotguns won't benefit from it except for slugs wich if I'm not mistaken they're already 2 shot kills but they suck a lot.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I'm more interested in this optimum/effective/long/suppression deal. Are they adding a point where some of the weapon classes just don't do damage? Are they going to make it so the PDWs can beat LMGs and ARs at point blank range? (That last one might be because of my connection.)

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Tasoth posted:

I'm more interested in this optimum/effective/long/suppression deal. Are they adding a point where some of the weapon classes just don't do damage? Are they going to make it so the PDWs can beat LMGs and ARs at point blank range? (That last one might be because of my connection.)
PDW close range supremacy would be pretty sweet but maybe the long damage model will be less "deal 0 damage" and more like shotguns blasting long range targets, doing 5-10 per bullet? If the guns dealt 0 damage after a certain range then not only would we need to learn engagement distances but also ignore the new 2-hit headshot rule they're promoting.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Tasoth posted:

Suppression for firearms starts being more than 1%/bullet at the range at which drop-off starts. It also doesn't start affecting the target until its up to 30%. Also PDWs didn't get a big enough buff for their range bracket except for the UMP45, which can 2-round burst people in the face for a kill out to something like 40m.

Also all of the grips got a 33% debuff to Spread Decrease so that there's a point in having no grip attached, especially on high-RPM weapons which got nerfed by tying Spread Decrease(Which was originally a static number that made every weapon reset fast equally, resulted in 'micro-bursting' being a thing) to RPM. Because of this, and the near-removal of horizontal recoil for it, the U-100 is the most accurate firearm in the game now when it comes to firing fully automatic.

E: Here's the Suppression Value Strength by Weapon Class and their Range:

quote:

Machine Pistol: 2-4% at 0-25m
Pistol: 4-8% at 0-25m
Revolver: 1-12% at 25-60m
PDW: 1-6% at 20-40m
Heavy PDW: 1.25-7.5% at 20-40m
Carbine: 1-7% at 25-60m
Heavy Carbine: 1.25-8.75% at 25-60m
AR: 1-8% at 30-80m
Heavy AR: 1.25-10% at 30-80m
LMG: 1-12% at 25-60m
MMG: 1.25-15% at 30-80m
DMR: 4-16% at 50-100m
BA: 8-24% at 50-150m

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 17, 2015

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm guessing that they mean they're upping the headshot multiplier of all weapons (except the guns that already kill in one headshot) to kill with two bullets.

Ardent Communist posted:

Classic is a better version of hardcore but I've only ever seen literally one Conquest server run with the ruleset.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 17, 2015

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Here's a chart covering the weapons affected by the change in Headshot multiplier:

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 17, 2015

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Is this all coming out of the CTE? It sounds pretty radical in scope.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

Is this all coming out of the CTE? It sounds pretty radical in scope.

Yep, most of the stuff they actually implement gets applied to CTE first. They see what works, what doesn't and what can be fiddle with to make work. The new guns have been there for a bit as well.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Anyone care enough about the stupid community mission to get a couple anti-vehicle squads together to lock down Silk Road with JAVs like we did many moons ago?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Dillbag posted:

Anyone care enough about the stupid community mission to get a couple anti-vehicle squads together to lock down Silk Road with JAVs like we did many moons ago?
I'll do it!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

You're in my friend requests queue but your list is full.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Dillbag posted:

You're in my friend requests queue but your list is full.
Oy. I'll clean it up...

EDIT: We can smack some fools up now!

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 20, 2015

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You only need five, which is piss easy, but I'm down for Jav Squad.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Dillbag posted:

And what do you guys use for target painting in such squads? The binoculars mostly don't seem to have the range, and every time I deploy SOFLAMs on Silk Road the armor and snipers go absolutely insane prioritizing them above all else.

Of course, I guess with dedicated support ammo / crate drops, it doesn't matter when they destroy your equipment.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Switch to the soflam in your LAV or tank secondary position. Good luck sniping that recons.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sandweed posted:

Switch to the soflam in your LAV or tank secondary position. Good luck sniping that recons.

I would feel like a scrub when BF would reset my gunner secondary to the default and I wouldn't be able to laze poo poo.

Then invariably the next time I get it sorted out, there are no engineers on the map and the driver doesn't use tows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If I were going to be a dedicated laser recon on Silk Road I'd say I would bring the SOFLAM and SUAV. SOFLAM sitting wherever, using it manually as needed but using the SUAV for those times tanks hide behind rocks (or just happen to be behind something) or scout helicopters that are just out of range/flying to your side.

• Locked thread