Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Do you get a knife and go find a gator or something?

What? No, I just use a revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Meanwhile this Hotel dinner is to die for.

Just had a ham. cheese and mushroom omelette and it was fantastic. For breakfast I got a fruit salad made by hand from actual fruits. Strawberries, oranges, grapes, pineapple, watermelon.

On and for sandwiches they cut the cheese with a knife so the slices are like... 1 cm thick. So instead of making regular sandwiches they build these cheese and ham sandwich baguette towers.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Luigi Thirty posted:

So we're losing the first Titan to a yurt with a doomsday on it right?

:gizz: definitely

It would also make for a fitting end to the Revenant.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

YouTuber posted:

You missed the idiot writing loose when he really means lose. I don't know why, but that poo poo is all over the place now.

he's russian

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

That seems to directly contradict their intention of not letting one fucker trollsteal your station.

they don't actually intend to stop that

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

evilweasel posted:

they don't actually intend to stop that

quote:

Unlike existing Outposts, nothing is to prevent us from having the new structures destroyed after a successful Entosis capture.

:gizz::ccp:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

hope you like npc 0.0

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Counterpoint: You're now able to shut down a reaction POS using a trollceptor. No moongoo for you ever again.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Glory of Arioch posted:

hope you like npc 0.0

Maybe we'd finally hellcamp MOA out of Pure Blind.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Jesus AoE torps, can't wait to fly logi against that. Just kidding gently caress everything about that

On that note...if they're allowing these to be dropped in hisec, it can only end well

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

ullerrm posted:

Counterpoint: You're now able to shut down a reaction POS using a trollceptor. No moongoo for you ever again.

Yea, I am pretty nervous about what all this means for anything that runs through a POS. Fortunately I am not hugely invested so if its all a shitshow I can unwind my little farm just fine, but making POS operations more difficult and tedious doesn't seem like a good step.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Y'know, as broken as this can probably be, it sounds interesting. I'm just going to hold onto hope that it's not some terrible slog to do anything with them, one way or the other.

evilweasel posted:

They don't auto-fire. All defenses must be manually controlled.

Where did you read this, I didn't see that at all. It looks like controlling will be the same as current POS mechanics: fire dumb or train forever to utilize well. It's not spelled out at all on the blog.

If they mess this up and make it so defenses can be Concorded instead of the actual controller/ship I'll laugh though.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

PathAsc posted:

Where did you read this, I didn't see that at all. It looks like controlling will be the same as current POS mechanics: fire dumb or train forever to utilize well. It's not spelled out at all on the blog.

In the thread, repeatedly.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

evilweasel posted:

In the thread, repeatedly.

Well, thanks for that then. I should've known there would be a thread there, and I thank you for going there so I don't have to.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

AoE torps are just there to counter the balls of carriers infinitely cap chaining between them. The AoE won't be very big, probably 5km or less if they're smart about it. Plus they'll probably end up reverting the whole thing when it inevitably crashes server nodes, the lag is bad enough from 20+ bombs hitting a fleet of a hundred. Imagine a bunch of torpedo's doing that every few seconds.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Or it's to make logi pilots want to shoot themselves because all they see is

X needs shields
Y needs shields
Z needs shields
A needs shields
X needs shields

for who knows how long

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

X needs shields
X needs capacitor
Y needs shields
Z needs shields
Z needs armor
A needs shields
Z needs shields
X needs shields
X needs shields

for who knows how long

FTFY

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gwrtheyrn posted:

X needs shields
Y needs shields
Z needs shields
A needs shields
X needs shields

for who knows how long

This already happens with "I am a special snowflake and need reps" on ops. Even when told they are not, in fact, special snowflakes.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Demiurge4 posted:

AoE torps are just there to counter the balls of carriers infinitely cap chaining between them. The AoE won't be very big, probably 5km or less if they're smart about it. Plus they'll probably end up reverting the whole thing when it inevitably crashes server nodes, the lag is bad enough from 20+ bombs hitting a fleet of a hundred. Imagine a bunch of torpedo's doing that every few seconds.
Or, CCP could consider this and balance damage, area of effect, and rate of fire.

Fox_bat
Mar 6, 2010
It can't be worse than after every bomb run, right after the FC says "Don't broadcast for bomb damage". If you can't handle prioritizing big lists quickly in the heat of battle you don't fly logistics.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fox_bat posted:

It can't be worse than after every bomb run, right after the FC says "Don't broadcast for bomb damage". If you can't handle prioritizing big lists quickly in the heat of battle you don't fly logistics.

Bitching about something being annoying is exactly the same thing as not being able to deal with said annoyance. :rolleyes:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Fox_bat posted:

Imagine taking a bomb run every 10 seconds or whatever. This is why I don't like the idea of AoE torpedoes.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Best part of AOE torpedoes were being able to kill your opponent, kill yourself, and pod both of you, in the same volley.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Too bad there will be no AoE in highsec. The accidental self-CONCORDings of people's entire holdings would make for some glorious tear-filled threads.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Tippis posted:

Too bad there will be no AoE in highsec. The accidental self-CONCORDings of people's entire holdings would make for some glorious tear-filled threads.

There's always the option of corp infiltration for this though, assuming they allow the station to be concorded

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

gwrtheyrn posted:

There's always the option of corp infiltration for this though, assuming they allow the station to be concorded

I suppose, but they've gone out of their way to ensure that CONCORD doesn't do that in the past, and I'd be very surprised if they changed that now. Granted, it was a long while ago since I tested CONCORD, but the most you could do then was to have them show up, ignore the POS shield, and just shoot the offending player — there was no way to make them go after the POS, even by accident.

Auto-triggered AoE attacks would be an excellent opportunity for such accidents. Of course, if the comments from the thread are correct, there won't be auto-anything, so that part is also out, and nothing fun will happen regardless.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PathAsc posted:

This already happens with "I am a special snowflake and need reps" on ops. Even when told they are not, in fact, special snowflakes.

A wonderful rule of thumb: if your FC or logi anchor doesn't say the guy is a special snowflake, then he's not and you should feel free to ignore his broadcast spam.

e: Real snowflakes don't even need to broadcast for reps, because they are already on your watch list and/or being called out by the FC when it's clutch; e.g., "all reps on lupercale," "cap to vily," etc.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 12, 2015

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

gwrtheyrn posted:

Imagine taking a bomb run every 10 seconds or whatever. This is why I don't like the idea of AoE torpedoes.

Please create another straw man. CCP has a record of screwing up a lot, but they've done a decent job managing server load lately.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

Please create another straw man. CCP has a record of screwing up a lot, but they've done a decent job managing server load lately.

What? You quoted the wrong dude or you're wigging out over nothing cause that guy is just talking about the annoyance of having to deal with bombs every 10 seconds while pvping.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I interpreted the post as "AoE effects from Citadels will land every 10 seconds. This will be as bad as getting bombed every 10 seconds."

Maybe I misinterpreted him.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

I interpreted the post as "AoE effects from Citadels will land every 10 seconds. This will be as bad as getting bombed every 10 seconds."

It basically is, yes, in the context of "loving assholes will be spamming need shields" which is what he was going for :)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ynglaur posted:

Imagine your broadcast window if there are aoe effects that land on a regular interval. Then go shoot yourself because it's horrible and will have every person on your fleet in it every time because everyone is stupid and needs to die. The actual damage and server load will probably not be that bad

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Alot of my holesquad bros ask me, Dozer why did you go gently caress goons. Normally I give them some line about how I hate the pubbie empire Mittani has built up but if I can be honest? Truthful even?
Its because of SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBAN
ruining the forums. I yearn for the days of old. Days like these.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 13, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also yearn for these days too.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Viva Miriya posted:

Alot of my holesquad bros ask me...

Please surrender the names of those who have had contact with the gibbering madness, that we might grant them the Emperor's Peace.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Just to offer a semi-rational though probably futile counterpoint to all the :supaburn:ing about new structures and such...

• There are vulnerability windows that you set, and only during those windows can someone try to attack your poo poo, and the window gets smaller if the system is at higher level.
  • Vulnerability windows can be set independently of whatever the alliance sets them to, so you can tune your POS farm's window to whatever you want.
  • There's nothing that says that vulnerability windows will be of identical length across all structures, or use the exact same mechanics.

Ain't saying there may not be reasons for :supaburn: but stick to reasons that are published and confirmed. :v:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scandoslav posted:

Please surrender the names of those who have had contact with the gibbering madness, that we might grant them the Emperor's Peace.

You for one.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

Alot of my holesquad bros ask me, Dozer why did you go gently caress goons. Normally I give them some line about how I hate the pubbie empire Mittani has built up but if I can be honest? Truthful even?
Its because of SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBAN
ruining the forums. I yearn for the days of old. Days like these.

I remember that theme, I want themes back.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
bug innominate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Viva Miriya posted:

You for one.

I often praise The Mittani's mercy that I have been freed from my own memories. Despite my transgressions I have been given a chance to serve. I am free of my own guilt but I strive to remember the shame I should feel.

• Locked thread