Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Deadpool posted:

That is the beginning of Hickman's run yes. It's all on Marvel Unlimited. It's not like his FF run is 200 issues or something. You should be able to knock it out in a few days tops. You could have all of his FF and Avengers/New Avengers read before the next issue of Secret Wars is out easily.

To be fair, starting from Dark Reign his FF run is 60 issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

kdrudy posted:

That's not a huge number of issues though really. You could knock that out in less than a week even if it wasn't the only thing you read.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

kdrudy posted:

Pssh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Skip War of Kings.

That's just gonna make him wonder where the hell Havok is, better be safe and read everything.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Secret Wars: Read Everything

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

redbackground posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Secret Wars: Read Everything

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Pretty psyched Ant-Man is still coming out unaffected. Are they ever going to release the last issue of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye? I'm not seeing that on the Google Docs list.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Caper posted:

Pretty psyched Ant-Man is still coming out unaffected. Are they ever going to release the last issue of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye? I'm not seeing that on the Google Docs list.

July 15th, supposedly. :allears: Its initial solicit date was somethin' like October 2014, too. Aja tweeted a mention of having the thing finished on April 28th, so at this point god only knows what Marvel is doing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Caper posted:

Ant-Man is unaffected in that the main title won't tie in. But I believe there's a one shot Last Days book and then after that the book is going to just be on hiatus until after Secret Wars. I could be mistaken on that though and probably am.

There's also a one shot coming out around the movie's release that is set after Secret Wars.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

So I take it that I'm the only one who didn't really enjoy Hickman and everyone in his story figuratively and literally slurping at Doom's dick for fifty pages.

It's okay I didn't either and I think this issue pretty much cemented that I'll like every tie-in better than the main event.

Hickman really managed to sour me on Doom which I didn't think was possible but here we are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

His Doom isn't nearly detestable enough.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lurdiak posted:

I think that's because he's no longer being written as an antagonist in general, because of the previous stuff in Hickman's run and he's also no longer suffering from his head injury or whatever, so there's no humility or anything to keep him in check. It's very overbearing.

I liked that Doom story from the Allred Fantastic Four where Lang just beats the gently caress out of him while pointing out he's a garbage human being.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know a whole lot about Doom but it usually seems like almost everything he does is in spite of Reed Richards so somehow thinking two steps ahead of Ultimate and 616 Reed Richards and having a Utopia in secret that's already fairly successful seems like a very Dr Doom thing to do, especially when he gets to rub both Richards faces into it for the time being.

As far as I can understand, if it hadn't been for Doom and Strange this World they're coming to now wouldn't have ever existed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Doom being Doom was one of the things I actually liked about this issue. I didn't much care for the setup of Battleworld as a whole though with Kings and Barons and stuff like that. I just don't care for that angle really. I was kind of hoping for all the battle zone areas to just be people stuck in those areas and not having it be like an actual kingdom with weird hierarchies or whatever. i guess that's just me though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love this book so goddamn much I've got a raging boner for it raaarghhhhh

You just know that all this is going to come crumbling the gently caress down on Doom's head. :allears:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Lurdiak posted:

Doom did have to be talked down from wiping out the entire Braddock bloodline in this issue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Starsnostars posted:

Doom did have to be talked down from wiping out the entire Braddock bloodline in this issue.

That sounds like a public service to me.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Unlike the first issue where I had no idea what was happening this one owned serious rear end. Even if I still hate Ultimate Reed being Lord Von Mega Evil because it doesn't fit the first however many trades of U FF I read which was like the first time I liked those characters since that 80s crossover miniseries with the X men in it.

But count me as another person who would run/play the gently caress out of an RPG in this setting. I even dug out my FASERIP Marvel RPG stuff this week because I picked up a sealed Thor solo with the tech spec reader thingie. I found that I have way more stuff for that line than I ever remember buying. It is the reason I ever bought Heroclix after all because that game sure as gently caress wasn't any good... Course I still wanted to run Age of Apocalypse since those comics came out and well yeah.

I guess I am in for a couple more issues of this miniseries, though any side stuff depends on price/content.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love how he's going full on Hickman for this. That mostly blank "Battleworld" page is something he does all the time in his Image stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

I love how he's going full on Hickman for this. That mostly blank "Battleworld" page is something he does all the time in his Image stuff.

He does it all the time in his Marvel stuff too.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
doom is the man. he was having none of that "blame me its my fault" poo poo. he rather just wipe out the entire bloodline.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

TNG posted:

Dunno about that, but I think Old Man Thunder was talking about how the Thor Corps makes its new hammers.

It might be bunkum based on the Asgard mythology. Look how easy the Thors got taken out by Thanos.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Esad is a breath of fresh air after A/NA.

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 14, 2015

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I love Ribic's Thanos.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yeah that was my favorite panel but I couldn't crop it in a way that looked good.

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

SynthOrange posted:

"All I said was that she looked like a cow."
"SHE'S WITH CHILD!"
:allears:

I read the "She's with child!" in Pete Campbell from Mad Men's voice.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ZoCrowes posted:

I read the "She's with child!" in Pete Campbell from Mad Men's voice.
As well you should.

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

As well you should.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpUWrl3-mc8

Not great Bob!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Still my favorite line delivery of the entire series.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I signed up for "all of secret wars" after I got a great new job with a signing bonus. How much of a huge mistake have I made and who is putting out a gigantic all encompassing reading order?

I've really liked both issues so far.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theres like 40 books.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

net cafe scandal posted:

Theres like 40 books.

Yeah it's a lot. But if you have disposable income and it's your only hobby that costs money like it is mine then you can grab a lot of them. I'm looking at buying most of the non X-Men related ones myself, or at least the first issues to try them out. But basically it's like a whole event of What Ifs and I'm a huge What If fan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven't decided what others in getting. I'll probably stay away from anything spider man and check out the infinity gauntlet one.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Yeah it's a lot. But if you have disposable income and it's your only hobby that costs money like it is mine then you can grab a lot of them. I'm looking at buying most of the non X-Men related ones myself, or at least the first issues to try them out. But basically it's like a whole event of What Ifs and I'm a huge What If fan.

Yea me too. I want to read everything that ever happens in Battleworld, the setting is so drat cool.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Though if each book is bogged down with a bunch of Kings and Barons and stuff like that I probably won't continue grabbing them. I don't really care about politics of the zones at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't decided what others in getting. I'll probably stay away from anything spider man and check out the infinity gauntlet one.

The Magneto Last Days was kind of blah.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The Magneto Last Days was kind of blah.

How much are the Last Days books focusing on incursion stuff?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

KidDynamite posted:

I signed up for "all of secret wars" after I got a great new job with a signing bonus. How much of a huge mistake have I made and who is putting out a gigantic all encompassing reading order?

I've really liked both issues so far.

Some of the X-Men ones look pretty weak, but for the most part you should be in for some good reads.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
I just started a hold list with my local shop for Secret Wars, 1602, 1872, Secret Wars 2099, Hail Hydra, and Ultimate End. anything else I should be reading? I don't want to sift through 15 pages of spoilers and risk seeing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm most interested in Weirdworld, X-Men '92, and Siege.

Seriously, everyone buy Siege.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 14, 2015

• Locked thread