Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Kazvall posted:

I have single handedly narced the entire enemy team on CW before the doors were open, allowing us to kill most of them before we took any fire. Be creative. :colbert:

I do remember that, it was good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Hey reddit might sometimes have something of worth or not. Decide for your own selfs: http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/35xqrj/another_word_on_cheat_tools_from_alex_g_513/cr8wups

quote:

Put on your tinfoil hat for this one, I'm going full on conspiracy (not really, I think its valid). My main concern is that PGI can not actually detect cheating. I honestly think they can't. I think she who shall not be named was banned because of the perfect storm of outrage occurred. Salty letter, potential chargeback, but mainly outrage from the community. People poured over videos for hours and ultimately determined that there was cheating. Most of the top teams agreed she was cheating. Hell the entire community here on reddit agreed she was cheating. Then, said player gets banned and there is a publicity blitz by PGI. They assure us that they can detect cheating but tell us not to talk about it now. No other players are banned. Really? Thats it? One player and then we are assured cheating is gone? Yea sure they got one high profile player, but that does nothing to assure me. That hack website is up and running. They mod of it assured people ON REDDIT that he will update the mod and stay ahead of PGI. So if PGI can detect cheating how come the person in Soy's video isn't banned. Im 100% sure that isn't she who shall not be named in that quickdraw aimbotting.

I won't name it but this hack website has aimbots and wallhacks for 45 games. These guys do it for a living on games much bigger than mwo. If bigger companies can't detect it why do we think PGI in their all powerful programming knowledge (lolz) can? PGI cant even fix invisible walls. They have a 50 person staff all of which are working on mech packs all the time bc that brings in the cash. Am I the crazy one here? Maybe if more than 1 player was banned or there was a list or something I wouldn't be so hesitant. But as it stands I think this is all a smokescreen to assure us that cheating has been dealt with and now its being swept under the rug. Nobody talked about the hack for the 3 years it was up, and nobody thought it was a problem. PGI wants us to go back to the status quo. "dont talk about it we dealt with it". Really? if you can deal with it you should actively foster discussion about anybody who may be abusing said hack, if you can detect it talking about it shouldn't be an issue bc you can detect and ban anybody using the hack.

i just dont like being treated like an idiot. When I see more players banned i'll believe it. When the hack website updates its program I'll believe PGI has detected it. The hack literally hasn't changed in 3 years and ONE player was banned. That doesn't sound like they can detect anything. I hope im not the only one thinking critically about this. I don't eat up everything PGI tells me like a sheep. I want proof.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Dang, you got some skills to back up that sexism?

lol, your definition of sexism, is as trash as your opinions on robots.

gg close

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Hey reddit might sometimes have something of worth or not. Decide for your own selfs: http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/35xqrj/another_word_on_cheat_tools_from_alex_g_513/cr8wups

They almost certainly just had a gm watch/record some of her matches after receiving some cheating reports. People desperately want there to be some sort of ulterior motive here but there's not.

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I'd be glad to shut up about it if they released real proof of it rather than just telling people to trust them. Right now all they've got is a bunch of crowdsourced redditors claiming that they can tell someone is cheating by looking at pixels which doesn't really inspire confidence.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Scoops posted:

I'd be glad to shut up about it if they released real proof of it rather than just telling people to trust them. Right now all they've got is a bunch of crowdsourced redditors claiming that they can tell someone is cheating by looking at pixels which doesn't really inspire confidence.

I don't agree with this and will downvote your comment so it is hidden.

Reddit is the loving worst.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Also, the name-and-shame 'cheater' ban tag is skeevy as hell.

PGI doesn't discuss the reasons for a ban unless it wants the player base to shut up about cheating.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Were I the one banning this shitler, I'd ban her account then message her to create a new one. Thus I'm appeasing the masses while not losing a whale.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

I don't understand how you guys can possibly criticize reddit. I mean, they totally found the Boston bomber and totally didn't doxx some poor innocent random bystander.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

DancingShade posted:

You can fit a couple AC/5s pretty easily in an Enforcer and there are a few variants that might be ok for it. One of them is even quirked for Ultra AC/5s.

The dragon 1n is still the highest dps mech in the game.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Lonjon posted:

LRM boat here. Hold locks please!
I either block LRM path if I'm not using light mech, or cycle target nonstop until they get very angry. tbh pubbies using LRM are so bad. They either sit so far back that LRM disappears mid-air or don't bring any other weapons that can comfortably fend off single light mech.

It's more of a support weapon that lets you fire out of sight from safety, but pubbies always try to use it as main weapon.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Aesis posted:

I either block LRM path if I'm not using light mech, or cycle target nonstop until they get very angry. tbh pubbies using LRM are so bad. They either sit so far back that LRM disappears mid-air or don't bring any other weapons that can comfortably fend off single light mech.

It's more of a support weapon that lets you fire out of sight from safety, but pubbies always try to use it as main weapon.

But it's even worse as a support weapon, considering you could've used that tonnage to bring more known-to-be-good weapons and thus be that more effective in these Team Deathmatch game modes.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I don't agree with this and will downvote your comment so it is hidden.

Reddit is the loving worst.
i'd still take reddit over ozmas GBS, but yah the hugbox is terrible for actual discussion

now excuse me i have to get back to LRM boating in my quickdraw. yeah LRMs suck but it's a great way to mindlessly grind cbills, low stress, plenty of time to have a drink, smoke, etc. I can see why the old men like them. or perhaps... I have become the old man myself :smith:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

dMastri posted:

i'd still take reddit over ozmas GBS, but yah the hugbox is terrible for actual discussion

now excuse me i have to get back to LRM boating in my quickdraw. yeah LRMs suck but it's a great way to mindlessly grind cbills, low stress, plenty of time to have a drink, smoke, etc. I can see why the old men like them. or perhaps... I have become the old man myself :smith:

Put LRM 10s all over your storm crow and chainfire. If you have a dedicated narc bro you can absolutely murder everything while moving so quickly that you can evade/drag most lights back to your team if you're slightly out of position.

Not the best use of a stormcrow, but fun.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
Pubbie build I just saw: Centurion with AC5, SRM 4 and 2xLRM 5s. I don't...I don't even know.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ninjaiguana posted:

Pubbie build I just saw: Centurion with AC5, SRM 4 and 2xLRM 5s. I don't...I don't even know.

I don't see anything wrong with that, he even remembered to bring the close-in punch.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I don't see anything wrong with that, he even remembered to bring the close-in punch.

I would swap out the SRM4 for an SRM2, it is a more optimal close-up puncher. Use the extra tonnage to install a bigger XL engine, and be sure to install CASE on your side torso ammo to prevent explosions.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Random Number posted:

Put LRM 10s all over your storm crow and chainfire. If you have a dedicated narc bro you can absolutely murder everything while moving so quickly that you can evade/drag most lights back to your team if you're slightly out of position.

Not the best use of a stormcrow, but fun.

That may not be the best use of a Stormbro but that's a much better LRM boat than bringing a Battlemaster or King Crab since that takes up a much more valuable Assault slot.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I played two games and saw a single large laser panther, an xl300 atlas, and a raven with nothing but back armor who charged into the fight in reverse.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Great Beer posted:

I played two games and saw a single large laser panther, an xl300 atlas, and a raven with nothing but back armor who charged into the fight in reverse.

The Inner Sphere is not yet ready for the return of the Star League. Let's go back beyond the periphery for a few hundred more years.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
MWO: Biggest idiots in the world operating heavy machinery.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Great Beer posted:

a raven with nothing but back armor who charged into the fight in reverse.

You can't even argue about this being the greatest thing. :allears:

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
We saw a STD engine Raven try to charge through our deathblob last night. Almost as entertaining as the XL Thunderbolt I killed.

Best pubbie build goes to the Highlander with all LRM10/15s, a TAG and a small pulse who was TAGging me and chainfiring his LRMs from 150m. I would like to extend my thanks to that pubbie, as well as his three teammates who despite having open CTs made a most valiant effort to avenge their fallen comrade in single combat (and lost). :sweep:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Great Beer posted:

a raven with nothing but back armor who charged into the fight in reverse.

:roflolmao:

This pubbie knows what's what.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Holy fuckin' poo poo i just soloed a laserdrill in my 6 flamer, 3 MG hellbringer. Holy poo poo that was magical. 500 damage round.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
how?

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Only one way I can think of.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I came upon him and held fire until he died.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
kaz come and play ww2ol again

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Banano posted:

kaz come and play ww2ol again

will you be my tail gunner?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
multicrew is basically hacking nowadays so obv yes

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Vorenus posted:

We saw a STD engine Raven try to charge through our deathblob last night.

o7 that dude

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I saw some really odd mechashiva crap in a match earlier tonight. Two lights were on top of eachother. I think it was a locust on a raven. Whenever the raven moved they'd both desync and blink out and appear somewhere else a second or two later, always staying stacked. It was almost impossible to hit them or figure out where they were and they kept pegging people. Is this a common occurrence or some really weird glitchy poo poo?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Cheat? But then :pgi: can totally detect anyone cheating!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mwomercs.com/news/2015/05/1214-phoenix-rising-event

A strange event.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"a poll will run for Phoenix owners to determine if the Phoenix Program will be available for sale again"

Hmm yes. Do people spend cash money on non clan mechs these days?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

DancingShade posted:

"a poll will run for Phoenix owners to determine if the Phoenix Program will be available for sale again"

Hmm yes. Do people spend cash money on non clan mechs these days?

There were quite a few people running around in Resistance mechs, even hilariously claiming that they were better than any given clan mech. "The Grasshopper makes the Timberwolf obsolete", apparently.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
They just wanna justify spending money on those terrible mechs tbh.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

When us Phoenix shitlords eventually hit that goal, I'm voting "no" only because I like to carry my exclusive scarlet star of shame that shows I own a loving Battlemaster pack.

I'm also gunning for #1 BLR-1G, on that note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I don't... What? If I play a billion games I get to decide if anyone else is allowed to buy shadowhawks with a special paint job? What?

• Locked thread