Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.

ChickenWing posted:

Drama: We started a rental empire. We started a corp that recruits from reddit. We recently completed the transition from funny gimmicks to tryhard gimmicks. Frabba killed sig towers (honestly this is the worst bit out of everything).

Renters and redditers?! :monocle:

Sig as in sigma towers? Prolly deserved it, those drat things killed me a dozen times. I can't wait to rejoin my incompetent sigma brothers.

ChickenWing posted:

Moon mining is super profitable, but good luck getting anything - R64s and some R32s are nationalized, and everything else profitable is goonrushed. Reaction farms are a great way to make isk if you've got like 12bn seed cash sitting around.

Bah, I figured as much. And alas, it seems my coffers are quite empty, only a few hundred million isk under the couch cushions, and equipment scattered all over Eve. Guess it's time to liquidate everything and start ratting again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

polyfractal posted:

Sig as in sigma towers? Prolly deserved it, those drat things killed me a dozen times. I can't wait to rejoin my incompetent sigma brothers.

No, towers of images in your signature. Homeland Defense had some truly majestic ones which were wiped out in the sigocaust. Luckily drew carnegie was able to save his and post it in a more horizontal (but smaller :( ) format.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

various cheeses posted:

How does the mach reimbursement work with the 1bil reimbursement limit?

I can't read GF.com forums at work.

It works like this

I lost another one last night in the least successful mach roam yet. The timeline was as follows:

(8:06:32 PM) nonsciolist: http://i.imgur.com/Fido6yL.jpg :sun:
(8:06:50 PM) Jack Heisenburg: :cripes:
(8:09:52 PM) nonsciolist: rip machariel
(8:12:48 PM) nonsciolist: rip meppa's machariel

I posted the screenshot while we were in warp to the exit hole. Landed and there were some afterlife guys who'd just come back from roaming dek. Jumped through, forced the orthrus that had me scrammed to go back to thera and polarized (or whatever that wormhole fatigue is called). Misclicked my AAR while I was focused on trying to kill/neut webs. MJD'd and started running my AAR again when I started hitting structure, died a tick before it finished cycling. :rip: Meppa MJD'd successfully but then got caught at the celestial he warped to (it was the sun at 0)

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46624445/

On the bright side, I got my snake set out safely and only 260 mil loot dropped between both of us.

Then I went roaming in my orthrus and the only people I found was some russian renters who put 10 domis on a gate with no fast tackle.

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 15, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I was under the impression that for mach reimbursement instead of giving you the money they just gave you the last couple skillbooks you needed for your titan of choice and told you to start saving :v: or have the skill requirements changed since I last checked?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
But does that count as your entire peacetime limit in one go? In the affordable care app they get 1 billion listed under "special programs" rather than peacetime. And they have their own cap of 2 per 3 months.

Also holy lol your machariel roams. :ghost::ghost: Maybe you should get a 3rd guy to tag along as scout / bait?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Not that the combat was all that interesting as a whole last time I played, but I'll ask anyway. Are amaar ships (and therefore Space Lasers) okay now, generally? Last time as I recall they were rough for newbies to get into due to capacitor skills and resistances generally being anti-laser.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Not that the combat was all that interesting as a whole last time I played, but I'll ask anyway. Are amaar ships (and therefore Space Lasers) okay now, generally? Last time as I recall they were rough for newbies to get into due to capacitor skills and resistances generally being anti-laser.

We have some Amarr BS in mainfleet for a few small roles. Theta uses Zealots a good amount in home defense type stuff.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Ciaphas posted:

Small and medium lasers have been in an good place for some time. A lot of the "how good is X weapon" depends on the hull you put it on, and cruiser-sized lazer hulls get no better than the Navy Omen. Excellent kiting ship, quality range on Scorch and you can switch to IN MF at close for ever more dps. Tracks well at almost all of it's range and has a semi-decent active tank for the pesky interceptor who catches you. Disclaimer, the nomen is good, and the zealot can be ok (and some other amarr laser boats are ehhh), but right now drones/missiles are where it's at for PvP imo. Anything with drone bonuses will be popular, and as I'm sure you're aware, most amarr ships get lovely drone bays.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

Drama: We started a rental empire.

The rental empire thing has been hilarious. It takes a while before you come across a system that isn't owned by players who are blue to us.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

MorsAnima posted:

Small and medium lasers have been in an good place for some time. A lot of the "how good is X weapon" depends on the hull you put it on, and cruiser-sized lazer hulls get no better than the Navy Omen. Excellent kiting ship, quality range on Scorch and you can switch to IN MF at close for ever more dps. Tracks well at almost all of it's range and has a semi-decent active tank for the pesky interceptor who catches you. Disclaimer, the nomen is good, and the zealot can be ok (and some other amarr laser boats are ehhh), but right now drones/missiles are where it's at for PvP imo. Anything with drone bonuses will be popular, and as I'm sure you're aware, most amarr ships get lovely drone bays.

Fair enough! Really I just like the sleek design of Amarr ships the best, as totally irrelevant as that is :shobon:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Nothing happens to Rofl Knife because he's not in any squads or sigs anymore, because he's annoying and bad, even by goon standards.

I had a whisper key to him that was the same as my regular PTT

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

While its a destroyer the confessor is an absolute monster of a laser boat despite the last round of nerfs that were applied, it can act as a mini hac or baby navy omen in a kiting fit.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ciaphas posted:

When's the last time you played? Depending on the # of years, either very little will have changed, or almost everything will have changed.

Space lasers are in a pretty good spot these days; Amarr ships are a mixed bag. Basically: Some of the best frigates in the game, decent destroyers (especially the Tech3 destroyer), garbage T1 cruisers (only the faction ones are good) and BCs, mediocre T2 cruisers. Tech3 cruiser and BSes are solid.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 15, 2015

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

New Scope video is out, featuring us shrinking our space and welping titans. Scrollbar:

... IGNTY CONTINUE IN THE SOUTH AS EVOKE LOSE GROUND TO GENTLEMEN'S CLUB IN TENERIFIS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE PANEL CONFIRMS APPROVAL OF NEW JACKDAW CLASS DESTROYER FOR DEPLOYMENT WITH CALDARI NAVY
CONFLICT CONTINUES IN FOUNTAIN WITH DED TRAFFIC ADVISORY ISSUED FOR PHOENIX CONSTELLATION
DED UPDATES STATUS OF HILEN TUKOSS FROM MISSING TO PRESUMED DEAD WHILE MAINTAINING SEARCH FOR CONFIRMATION OF HIS STATUS
UNCONFIRMED RUMORS BEGIN TO CIRCULATE OF MINDCLASH CHAMPION'S RETIREMENT AFTER LATEST VICTORY IN DAM-TORSAD
FEDERATION NAVY BEINGS SEARCH OPERATION IN PLACID AFTER WING OF 35 FIRBOLG CLASS FIGHTERS VANISHES IN SERTHOULDE
PROPEL DYNAMICS WITHDRAWS ESPIONAGE CHARGES FROM CALDARI BUSINESS TRIBUNAL AFTER...

Have to admit I love this frequent lore poo poo.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ullerrm posted:

Reading Pooki Bear fleet composition proposals is the worst part of my job. :smithfrog:

(love you pooki)

Hey his worm idea doesn't seem too bad on the surface.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Anyone got a decent battle report for the fight against Darkness. yesterday? The zkillboard battle report seems to think that FCON and Goonswarm Federation are on opposing sides (kick FCON).

Don't use zkill, it's all kinds of hosed up right now. Use beta.evekill.net or the evf one. Basically we lost slightly more than we killed in ed- but kept grid / repped the station, and we killed ~$5bn in 1v whatever and then when they came back to try to ref the station again we killed another dread.

So all in about 18b killed to 11b lost.

:smugdog:

ullerrm posted:

New Scope video is out, featuring us shrinking our space and welping titans. Scrollbar:

... IGNTY CONTINUE IN THE SOUTH AS EVOKE LOSE GROUND TO GENTLEMEN'S CLUB IN TENERIFIS
CHIEF EXECUTIVE PANEL CONFIRMS APPROVAL OF NEW JACKDAW CLASS DESTROYER FOR DEPLOYMENT WITH CALDARI NAVY
CONFLICT CONTINUES IN FOUNTAIN WITH DED TRAFFIC ADVISORY ISSUED FOR PHOENIX CONSTELLATION
DED UPDATES STATUS OF HILEN TUKOSS FROM MISSING TO PRESUMED DEAD WHILE MAINTAINING SEARCH FOR CONFIRMATION OF HIS STATUS
UNCONFIRMED RUMORS BEGIN TO CIRCULATE OF MINDCLASH CHAMPION'S RETIREMENT AFTER LATEST VICTORY IN DAM-TORSAD
FEDERATION NAVY BEINGS SEARCH OPERATION IN PLACID AFTER WING OF 35 FIRBOLG CLASS FIGHTERS VANISHES IN SERTHOULDE
PROPEL DYNAMICS WITHDRAWS ESPIONAGE CHARGES FROM CALDARI BUSINESS TRIBUNAL AFTER...

Have to admit I love this frequent lore poo poo.

With Pizza's help it was mostly pizza we have since killed several titans and supers and expunged our failings.

Also Reavers continues to get the best fights in EVE right now, as well as win over, and over, and over again. Sign up today!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It's been great. The Scope videos have become an integral part of my not going crazy in the long wait to beer o'clock on Fridays.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Hey his worm idea doesn't seem too bad on the surface.
Ullerm gets to see my dumber ideas, but worms work because I just dont' take a fight I can't win and unless you gently caress up you don't get caught. I've only lost one worm so far and that's because he was in FA and didn't turn on his mwd. The also do enough dps that when a TEST battleship tries to play station games you can kill them in under a minute :getin:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Reverand maynard posted:

Ullerm gets to see my dumber ideas, but worms work because I just dont' take a fight I can't win and unless you gently caress up you don't get caught. I've only lost one worm so far and that's because he was in FA and didn't turn on his mwd. The also do enough dps that when a TEST battleship tries to play station games you can kill them in under a minute :getin:

Pre-nerf I wanted to make a svipul or confessor doctrine for roaming around but I never found a fit that worked as the core of a doctrine, they always seem better suited as a couple mixed in with other stuff. Too much of a skill hurdle (both in-game and meatsack) for general use, I think.

Maybe the Jackdaw will make Hawkfleet 2.0 leading to the continuing trend of everything Caldari being more useful than anything else (with a few notable exceptions)

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, EVE probably just isn't for me, as much as I wish it was/want it to be. I've always been too much of a basement-dweller, and (possibly more importantly) too much of a theme park MMO player as opposed to a sandbox player. I never did find much in EVE that jumped out at me and said "YES, YES, THIS IS AWESOME" at the time--besides getting a new, bigger ship, anyway.

Still, no harm besides 15bux in giving it another look one of these weekends, I suppose.

Let us know the name of your new character. I'll give you 50 million isk which will get you started and allow you to lose a few cheap fits, maybe you will find something to do that you like. Then if you are thinking of staying, ask around and I'm sure people richer than I am will be :homebrew: Isk at you.

Boat posted:

You fuckers have finally twisted my arm into trying this now that I have a machine that can actually run it. Guess I'm gonna spend some time tomorrow tutorialing the hell out of poo poo.

Same goes for you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Taking money from Dalaels is like an inverse feeding the disease-carrying pigeons in the town square. You feel bad for them, but if you do, they'll stick around and there'll be more.

I guess the comparison doesn't quite work because pigeons don't go full victim-role on you when you either kindly shoo them away saying "stop being diseased, pigeon", or repeatedly nudge them towards the pigeon-shower for them to get disinfected.

/edit:
So here's an idea: Everyone in this thread that ever got a PM from Dalael chip in with 50mil for each of these two newbies.
Together, we can make the world a better place.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 15, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kesper North posted:

I have a feeling the org has been left to go to seed. Needs some hands-on intervention or TMDC will become completely irrelevant. I'm surprised someone hasn't been on top of this, since the Dumb Website is important to the new monetization scheme...

:agreed:

TMC used to be eve news that don't insult your intelligence, now it's eve news that insult your intelligence slightly less than EN24.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Also Reavers continues to get the best fights in EVE right now, as well as win over, and over, and over again. Sign up today!

After exams, in a month, ... :unsmigghh:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Taking money from Dalaels is like an inverse feeding the disease-carrying pigeons in the town square. You feel bad for them, but if you do, they'll stick around and there'll be more.

I guess the comparison doesn't quite work because pigeons don't go full victim-role on you when you either kindly shoo them away saying "stop being diseased, pigeon", or repeatedly nudge them towards the pigeon-shower for them to get disinfected.

/edit:
So here's an idea: Everyone in this thread that ever got a PM from Dalael chip in with 50mil for each of these two newbies.
Together, we can make the world a better place.

I'll spend some time PMing everyone then. Those 2 newbies will be rich as gently caress by the end of the day.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hah, money is cheap I guess. :v:

I'm in game as Ciaphas Secheh, wandering about Amarr highsec as I relearn all the stupid stuff I've forgotten and do all these tutorials. Glad they added these, whenever they did. Technically I don't think I'm a newbie though, I've tried this bloody game several times over the last...

... god, decade? :v:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait I got a little lost, Dalael's the pigeon here right

(edit) hah, even managed to remember my gf.com password. Is Solo still running all that? I couldn't help but admire his patience at setting up such massive infrastructure for a loving MMO.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 15, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Wait I got a little lost, Dalael's the pigeon here right

To be fair to the pigeons, they don't believe Atlantis is somewhere in South America.

Dalael posted:

I'll spend some time PMing everyone then. Those 2 newbies will be rich as gently caress by the end of the day.

Your reading comprehension remains the greatest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ullerrm posted:

When's the last time you played? Depending on the # of years, either very little will have changed, or almost everything will have changed.

Space lasers are in a pretty good spot these days; Amarr ships are a mixed bag. Basically: Some of the best frigates in the game, decent destroyers (especially the Tech3 destroyer), garbage T1 cruisers (only the faction ones are good) and BCs, mediocre T2 cruisers. Tech3 cruiser and BSes are solid.

It was about two years ago. Since you say Amarr frigates are pretty good, does that include the exploration ships? Or does ~balance~ not much matter outside of combat?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

It was about two years ago. Since you say Amarr frigates are pretty good, does that include the exploration ships? Or does ~balance~ not much matter outside of combat?

If you're the Ciaphas from Luddite, I look forward to looking upon your works in despair.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If you're the Ciaphas from Luddite, I look forward to looking upon your works in despair.

Yep, same guy. Stupid taint :saddowns:

Oh man, a 24 hour skill queue. Was that here two years ago? That's rad, for starting out with tiny timers.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ciaphas posted:

Oh man, a 24 hour skill queue. Was that here two years ago? That's rad, for starting out with tiny timers.

24 hours is only while on trial, it goes up to ????????????????? length after

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

To be fair to the pigeons, they don't believe Atlantis is South America.
Your reading comprehension remains the greatest.

I can't help it, you used so many complicated words. :ohdear:

Ciaphas posted:

Its a lot more than 24 hours now. I don't know exactly how long, but you can have 1+ year at the very least. Log in, set 1+year queue, win EVE by not logging again.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 16, 2015

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Everyone has roughly equivalent exploration ships. (And you'll generally want to use an Astero as soon as you can, anyways.)

If you've played two years ago, here's roughly what you've missed:
* They completely redesigned exploration; there are now minigames that you play when doing data/relic sites to unlock the cans.
* They completely redesigned manufacturing and research; it still sucks, but it's better than it used to be
* You can now buy positive sec status with isk
* Clone grades are gone, you never lose SP upon being podded ever
* Your training queue can now hold up to 50 skills with a duration of up to 5 years
* All ice belts are gone, ice is now mined in anomalies that get consumed and have to be refound
* Sisters of Eve became a pirate faction, and got three ships designed around exploration and cloaky ganking
* Mordu's Legion became a pirate faction, and got three ships designed around being utterly OP and murdering every ship within their point range
* There are now Tech-3 destroyers, and they're awesome

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Here's a few tips to get you started:

Created by 'Maximilian Singularity of the Sixth Empire'. First of his name

There is probably a lot more advice that goons can give you, so heed it.

Remember this motto: When in doubt, ask Ullerrm.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 15, 2015

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

Talwars can do that for a fraction of the cost.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

Everyone has roughly equivalent exploration ships. (And you'll generally want to use an Astero as soon as you can, anyways.)

If you've played two years ago, here's roughly what you've missed:
* They completely redesigned exploration; there are now minigames that you play when doing data/relic sites to unlock the cans.
* They completely redesigned manufacturing and research; it still sucks, but it's better than it used to be
* You can now buy positive sec status with isk
* Clone grades are gone, you never lose SP upon being podded ever
* Your training queue can now hold up to 50 skills with a duration of up to 5 years
* All ice belts are gone, ice is now mined in anomalies that get consumed and have to be refound
* Sisters of Eve became a pirate faction, and got three ships designed around exploration and cloaky ganking
* Mordu's Legion became a pirate faction, and got three ships designed around being utterly OP and murdering every ship within their point range
* There are now Tech-3 destroyers, and they're awesome

And I think even three years ago, anyone looking at that list would have gone "...No fuckin' way."

edit: You for got to mention jump fatigue. All capitals and supers now have a maximum jump range of 5 LY, and accrue "fatigue" that is in essence an exponentially increasing cooldown on jump drive use - but they can take gates now. Yes, titans too.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Xolve posted:

Talwars can do that for a fraction of the cost.

And a fraction of the swag. (Unless everyone's rocking the SKIN that turns them jet-black.)

Also, polarized rocket launcher Talwars are hilarious.

quote:

[Talwar, 500 dps up in this bitch]
Ballistic Control System II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Polarized Rocket Launcher, Nova Rage Rocket

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
:ullerrm: can you lay a meta RLML Caracal on me for high sec war decs?

Somewhat cheap (Malkuths)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

Whatchu doin in my hood?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

I'm at a bar at the moment, but:

* RLMLs
* meta MWD, T2 long point, X5 web, two T2 LSEs
* two BCS, two nanos
* one anti-em, two CDFE

Throw that into EFT with your skills and see how you're doing on CPU. If you have 20 or more left over, replace one nano with a Pseudo (meta3) suitcase, and replace one CDFE with a polycarb.

Remember: Always fire RLMLs overheated.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

And a fraction of the swag. (Unless everyone's rocking the SKIN that turns them jet-black.)

Also, polarized rocket launcher Talwars are hilarious.

20-25 Talwars with 4-5 c-type Shield Repping Bursts can do hilarious things- They're also really good for getting fights (or they used to be) a fleet of faction frigates makes people stop and think for a minute, a fleet of tech 1 destroyers and everyone sees it as free killmails (not to mention PL used to decimate CFC Harpy fleets with them).

I'm pretty curious to see what a fleet of polarized talwars could do.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

I'm at a bar at the moment, but:

* RLMLs
* meta MWD, T2 long point, X5 web, two T2 LSEs
* two BCS, two nanos
* one anti-em, two CDFE

Throw that into EFT with your skills and see how you're doing on CPU. If you have 20 or more left over, replace one nano with a Pseudo (meta3) suitcase, and replace one CDFE with a polycarb.

Remember: Always fire RLMLs overheated.

I tried with three hydraulic bay thrusts and I got a range of 89 KM with missiles going 12km per second. Should I really be going for point range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hi guys.

Convince me to come back

• Locked thread