Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Shut up you entitled babies your opinions are absolutely irrelevant. I know you feel like the video game industry owes you something because you've ruined your own life for it, but guess what, nobody owes you poo poo. You are either consuming a product or not consuming it, there is no discussion to be had there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
You may ask for a source for these claims, but the insider that blew the whistle on the Witcher 3 downgrade scandal is currently on the run from the Russian mob.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I'm gay.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Me as well, but only for Geralt.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Who cares? Play the game or don't. You are not entitled to know about every little decision or action in a game's development.

Edit:

HORMELCHILI posted:

Shut up you entitled babies your opinions are absolutely irrelevant. I know you feel like the video game industry owes you something because you've ruined your own life for it, but guess what, nobody owes you poo poo. You are either consuming a product or not consuming it, there is no discussion to be had there.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

HORMELCHILI posted:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It's ok to say that you think a game should have better graphics. It's the weird conspiracy theory poo poo that's the problem.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

HORMELCHILI posted:

Love this. Heaven forbid consumers know what product they are buying. We pay your bills and feed your family. Dolt.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
To get the full W3 experience you have take out the pci port cover between the dual 980's and ram your dick in the back of the case underneath the SLI jumper when Yennefer goes topless

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

I haven't watched enough gameplay demonstrations to know the answer to this, but do we have any idea how combat is compared to Witcher 2?

Maybe I suck, but half the time I felt like the combat wasn't very intuitive and I was just making poo poo happen mostly by accident. I think my struggling point was with the tomes or whatever.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

HORMELCHILI posted:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

The Sharmat posted:

It's ok to say that you think a game should have better graphics. It's the weird conspiracy theory poo poo that's the problem.

It's not a conspiracy when a dev interview already stated it on a web site and a video with an artist from the dev house said the same thing and tried to scapegoat what downgrade meant while saying sharp vegetation looks horrible. (That was a good one )

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

Love this. Heaven forbid consumers know what product they are buying. We pay your bills and feed your family. Dolt.

Didn't you say you were going to get the game anyway? Nice job voting with your dollars, there.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

HORMELCHILI posted:

This post could be posted in literally any thread in games : it's vague and mentions nothing specifically.

The Sharmat posted:

Weird conspiracy poo poo would be thinking "Microsoft paid out 10 million dollars plus advertising so Witcher 3 would be downgraded to be the same on all platforms to make Xbone look better." People in here are posting about poo poo that clearly happened.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Ballistic Photon posted:

I haven't watched enough gameplay demonstrations to know the answer to this, but do we have any idea how combat is compared to Witcher 2?

Maybe I suck, but half the time I felt like the combat wasn't very intuitive and I was just making poo poo happen mostly by accident. I think my struggling point was with the tomes or whatever.

From what I have seen the combat looks fun and fluid.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Whatever you do DO NOT post about The Witcher 3 in the The Witcher 3 thread. Also I do not know what the word entitled actually means but it sounds bad???

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Don't like way game looks? Don't buy game. I pre-order game.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Can we go back to talking about the conspiracy about leaving out Geralt's dong? That discussion actually somehow features fewer dicks than this one.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Utnayan posted:

Actually we do care.

Here is when an artist says that sharp vegetation looks bad. What's next? 900p on Xbox one isn't noticeable! Come on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

And yes this does have implications. When pc gamers are wondering if they should upgrade for the best experience and they can run it with the best settings with a GTX 570, and it equals a console. Also, I have a choice between my PC and a ps4, chose the pc and was going to bring this into my theater for the effects I saw with in game footage from 2013, now knowing I could have just bought the ps4 version instead. We are all buying it anyway but this is pretty loving stupid.

Nobody gives a poo poo.

You're loving stupid.

Stop posting.

tithin posted:

If you care, you're an idiot. Hth.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You're in luck

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

Didn't you say you were going to get the game anyway? Nice job voting with your dollars, there.

Yeah I am. I'm not arguing the game is going to loving rock. I'm arguing that I bought it on PC thinking I was going to get a better experience and that isn't happening and I should have been told that. How hard is this to understand for you?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Can we go back to talking about the conspiracy about leaving out Geralt's dong? That discussion actually somehow features fewer dicks than this one.

Inequality in terms of male-female genitalia, CDPR is hiding the glorious majesty of the phallus from us, clearly they are part of the kyriarchy.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

lovely Wizard posted:

This post could be posted in literally any thread in games : it's vague and mentions nothing specifically.

Weird conspiracy poo poo would be thinking "Microsoft paid out 10 million dollars plus advertising so Witcher 3 would be downgraded to be the same on all platforms to make Xbone look better." People in here are posting about poo poo that clearly happened.

Mordiceius posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo.

You're loving stupid.

Stop posting.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I blame you for this Orv. We had a nice Witcher thread going and then you made a new one and look at all the monsters your joke title has attracted.

Ballistic Photon posted:

It looks smoother and the magic skills look wayyyy better but I think its a similar system to 2. It'll be easier to say once regular folks get their hands on it.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Pwnstar posted:

You're in luck

The feet that gave Conan O'brien a boner

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Whatever you do DO NOT post about The Witcher 3 in the The Witcher 3 thread. Also I do not know what the word entitled actually means but it sounds bad???

It means customers who ultimately provide developers to make money and feed their family have no right to complain when they get mislead about products and they should shut up, swipe a visa up the asses of their developer gods, and take it like a man.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
There should be a gamergate thread where all "those people" can post and then the mods should just permaban anyone from that thread that posts anywhere else.

Actually, just jump to the end and ban all gamergaters.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The main thing I want to know about combat is whether they did something about the seemingly arbitrary pauses in animation when you say, get done sword swinging and throw a bomb. I never figured out what that was supposed to mean in 2. Was it a bug, or intentional, or what?

edit: I guess the closest recent thing to the current...discussion I can remember is about the lighting system in Dark Souls 2. I remember people getting pretty internet angry about that too.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 16, 2015

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

You're in luck

I wanna be the face hugger that climbs into the bath.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders posted:

The main thing I want to know about combat is whether they did something about the seemingly arbitrary pauses in animation when you say, get done sword swinging and throw a bomb. I never figured out what that was supposed to mean in 2. Was it a bug, or intentional, or what?

It was a bug and it used to be even worse IIRC. Hope it's gone completely and forever in the next game.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

1stGear posted:

Inequality in terms of male-female genitalia, CDPR is hiding the glorious majesty of the phallus from us, clearly they are part of the kyriarchy.

They should be totally transparent about their use of genitalia.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I blame you for this Orv. We had a nice Witcher thread going and then you made a new one and look at all the monsters your joke title has attracted.

In my limited experience Orv is a gloryhound and ruins everything he touches.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

The graphics not being the same as the first trailer has ruined my marriage. THANKS WITCHER 3.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

They should be totally transparent about their use of genitalia.

Woah, no one is asking for Geralt to have a see through penis. Although that would be pretty wild.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Drifter posted:

In my limited experience Orv is a gloryhound and ruins everything he touches.

W3 Thread: Witcher 3 5/5 -Orv, You can't fight it embrace the cool 3D glistening phallus

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

tithin posted:

W3 Thread: Witcher 3 5/5 -Orv, You can't fight it embrace the cool 3D glistening phallus

Don't forget the Nvidia Hairworks.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

megalodong posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming trailers.

Clearly we need to find the woman responsible for this and ruin her life.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Woah, no one is asking for Geralt to have a see through penis. Although that would be pretty wild.

Well, being a Witcher has some pretty severe side effects...

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Wiseblood posted:

Clearly we need to find the woman responsible for this and ruin her life.

Her name is Yennefer and we barely knew her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Sharmat posted:

It was a bug and it used to be even worse IIRC. Hope it's gone completely and forever in the next game.
Yeah, I played the game both before and after that big patch but when it was still in there post-patch I started thinking was a feature meant to balance combat in some way I couldn't understand.

edit: regarding dicks, that might end up being the literal last stand for gender inequality in media, after everything else is taken care of.