Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This is a virus that reacts to OUTSIDE oxygen...not the inside body kind.

I thought giving dudes shiny, empty briefcases when they would have literally blended in otherwise was a really dumb plot point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I like that he slit his own throat so you didn't have to wonder "Um, did Speedy just kill a guy in plain sight?"

It was still weirdly brutal though

Drifter posted:

This is a virus that reacts to OUTSIDE oxygen...not the inside body kind.

I thought giving dudes shiny, empty briefcases when they would have literally blended in otherwise was a really dumb plot point.

The best part about this was "He's got a big silver briefcase!"

Felicity: "The virus is inside the briefcase."

:o:!!!!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Ray has literally been rrunning the company, creating and implementing long term city-beneficial plans for it, and all the other stuff including meetings with people. He ALSO does his research, but not to the detriment of the company. I don't know where you're getting all that poo poo you said.

I remember all that stuff happening in the beginning of the season but as the season went on I remember Felicity yelling at him for skipping board meetings just like Oliver did

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I understand that the Legends if Tomorrow meant to serve as an introduction to the team but the whole rooftop scene felt like the worst of 90s syndication tv setups.

I'm sure the show itself well be better than that, it just came across as hilariously awkward.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I understand that the Legends if Tomorrow meant to serve as an introduction to the team but the whole rooftop scene felt like the worst of 90s syndication tv setups.

I'm sure the show itself well be better than that, it just came across as hilariously awkward.

Where do you form your super teams then?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
You can rent a conference room at a Red Lion pretty cheap!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Something that really irks me is how the show kind of set up Ollie's psychotic need to beat Ra's and undo his defeat on the mountain because supreme violence is his entire identity - even going so far as to kill League dudes in defence of Barrowman/Merlyn for another shot.

So you would think an arc might be something where Ollie has to let go of the fact some people can fight better than him, and realise how unhealthy him dwelling on this was, and actually defeat Ra's with the power of teamwork or something.

But instead he just overpowers and stabs him in another duel. No lessons learned!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

I remember all that stuff happening in the beginning of the season but as the season went on I remember Felicity yelling at him for skipping board meetings just like Oliver did

Felicity only wanted him out of the house so she could try and bang Ollie on the sly.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Felicity only wanted him out of the house so she could try and bang Ollie on the sly.

That's mean, you're gonna make Felicity cry!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Apparently, the Arrow suit is done.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/arrows-stephen-amell-reveals-oliver-queens-future

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Harime Nui posted:

You can rent a conference room at a Red Lion pretty cheap!

Do you think Barry's made of money?!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It reminded me of the start of a D&D session when the DM is awkwardly explaining why the players are all together, I kind of liked it

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

That's mean, you're gonna make Felicity cry!

I HAVE FAILED THIS feliCITY!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Drifter posted:

Umm, Ollie had all but abandoned his company and it was getting hosed by any conceivable measure of such things. Ray came in and saved it, and managed it better.

Ollie trusted Summer Glau. Surely we're all capable of this mistake.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

If the new costume grows a Van Dyke, I'm down as gently caress.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Now that the season 3 ride is over: Man, what a disappointing ride. You'd figure that presenting someone like Ra's would force them to up their game, but instead they really ended up wasting that whole idea. To be honest, most if not all of what was being hyped up for season 3 was wasted pretty badly. Ra's, Ray, the League, the Pits, even Wildcat (RIP). Nothing that they talked about towards the end got resolved cleanly (remember what they said about the pits changing people IN THE SOUL?). Also that last Ra's plan was ripped straight off the season 1 flashbacks (remember Fyers and Waller trying to take down an entire plane just to kill China White?).

Just, disappointing in general. There were some bright spots (boxing glove arrow, the literal cliffhanger of a midseason finale, any time Cisco came to Starling), but those were not enough to pull the season together.

I'm gonna head into season 4 with significantly lower expectations, and hope that somehow the writing team manages to salvage something out of what made season 1 and 2 (especially 2) great.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Interview with Marc Guggenheim via io9.

http://io9.com/marc-guggenheim-on-arrow-legends-of-tomorrow-and-his-n-1704792903

quote:

So onto TV. Since the Arrow finale just aired this week, what can you tell us about next season?

Guggenheim: Ah, good question. It will take a lighter tone. Thats pretty much the only thing I say without spoiling it.

Weve been working for about a month now in the writers room, talking about season 4, and I think that one thing we all collectively understood was season 3 beginning with Saras death, because its the death of a major character on the show, it set a tone for the remainder of the season. And Im not the least bit apologetic for that tone. I happen to like dark and I like the fact that Arrow is a pretty dark show particularly for a network show. That said, every year you want to mix things up and there was sort of a collective desire on all of our parts to try to inject a little bit more lightness into the show, a little bit more humor. Its not going to radically change. The shows still going to be the show but in terms of tone were coming off a very very hard season for all of our characters. We wanted to try to mix it up a little bit.

Thank god.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So what he means is they are going to make Arrow more like Flash? I'm ok with that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is exactly why I liked the finale even though lots of people probably had an aneurysm about Felicity and Oliver hooking up. Also Ray has grown on me a lot. :3:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Ray has grown on me a lot. :3:

Then they hosed up. :stat: :wal:

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 15, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finally watched the finale, I'm gonna treat that as the series finale. This season was a great insomnia aid and filled with lots of eyeball rolls/groans etc. Pretty sad decline to a show I enjoyed for a few seasons despite never liking comic books or their movie/tv show adaptations.

VagueRant posted:

[*]That dam was the set of a The Flash episode, right? They're running out of Canada!

Yes, Cleveland Dam in North Vancouver. The two shows re-use the same half dozen or so areas over and over. Almost every rooftop scene is in the same place, every car chase scene, every wilderness scene is on the north shore mountains near the dam. The TV studio is nearby so it makes sense, but they don't even go more than 20km away from it on any Vancouver-based show, and there are a lot of them these days.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
This episode was definitely shot as a series ending. I think they knew they were on a bad track this season and worked it all out to allow the derailment to switch the baseline over. Green suit, cap and van dyke next season, probably more like the JLU version. It will be awesome.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think rumours of Arrow's demise have been greatly exaggerated

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Valeyard posted:

Just pretend S3 never came back from the midseason finale and then things seem much better

although I still liked the second half

Next season pulls an Owl Creek Bridge and jumps back to Oliver dying on the mountain. Everything after that was a hallucination.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I liked this episode. My favorite part was The Flash showing up, defeating the league, commenting on the hot tub, saving team arrow then taking off because he's got better things to do.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That show feels like they're going for a cheesy Dr. Who kind of vibe, which might be fun but could also be completely terrible.

I really don't like where they went with Nyssa's character. Why would she stay in the League, especially now that it's run by the dude who killed the woman she loved? Does she really just have a deep-seated ideological commitment to assassination?

Really I'd just want her to hang out with Laurel in Starling and discovering more strange American food and customs

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

nelson posted:

I liked this episode. My favorite part was The Flash showing up, defeating the league, commenting on the hot tub, saving team arrow then taking off because he's got better things to do.

"Flash, can you help us save an entire city from being murdered to death by an insane madman and his ninja horde?"

"Sorry guys, but I gotta go play Mr. Steal-yo-girl right now with my kinda sister and her boyfriend. Good luck, though, with the virus and death stuff."

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I wonder if for the next season they could bring back Oliver's list, only for it to turn into the Court of Owls storyline that sees The Arrow have to fight his greatest enemy yet... An undead Tommy as The Talon!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I liked how nobody working on the set bothered to close the pharmacy door for any of the scenes of torture when people are clearly still around outside

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ollie did (Spartacus Spoiler:) ____Crassus'____ super move and it owned

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I do think the final fight between Ollie and Ras was shot poorly. Their first fight, by contrast was filmed and choreographed amazingly and I love that Matt Nable looked so effortless in taking Ollie down. The final fight you didn't see much. I would of liked it to be more like that 3 minute short they did.

edit: but I still liked this season.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If the intent of the show is to go lighter, I'll be very disappointed if we don't see a Birds of Prey episode with Laurel, Sara, and Hawkgirl teaming up to take down another bird related villain

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Remember when Roy was going to turn Starling city into Star city?

Neither did the writers.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So two things:

Amell has said that Coast City will factor into season 4, and that Oliver won't show up until halfway through the season 4 premiere.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Aliens in the Arrowverse? I thought they'd show up in Flash first, if ever... but sure, why not.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's why the arrow suit is done. Ollie will show up in season 4 with a power ring.

That's why Diggle won't be Green Lantern, he's going to be the new Green Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone's going to call him Black Arrow and he's going to hate it though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Black Arrow Man.

Or Barrowman for short.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone's going to call him Black Arrow and he's going to hate it though.

Well, maybe the Black Gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Now that Barrowman is Ra's, Diggle can be the new Dark Archer.

• Locked thread