Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gynovore posted:

Can't wait to see New Quack City.

I hope since they are owned by Disney that Scrooge McDuck and Darkwing Duck are there along with Howard and any duck version of marvel heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what Ultimate comics set up Secret Wars? Or is it all on the 616 side?

Ultimate enemy trilogy by bendis and Ultimates by Hickman. Also Bendis's ultimate spider man is recommended reading according to marvel. Particularly the miles morales run.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
Speaking of FF didn't one of the Alternative reeds survive that run and is still at large?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Where the hell are the X-Men? I understand that Wolverine is somehow dead at this point, but what about other heavy hitters like Magik, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, basically the entire XX-Men squad, et al? Admittedly Colossus' Fastball Special with Hulk and Cyclops mainlining the Phoenix Egg were pretty dope, but still...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Speaking of FF didn't one of the Alternative reeds survive that run and is still at large?

Some reeds managed to escape the council but the 4 that came to 616 are all dead.
1. Xavier looking Reed got killed by Inhumans right off the bat.
2&3. Killed by Ronan in order to revive the Supreme Intelligence.
4. Infinity Gauntlet Reed uses the ultimate nullifier against the Mad Celestials, dies doing so

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

Where the hell are the X-Men? I understand that Wolverine is somehow dead at this point, but what about other heavy hitters like Magik, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, basically the entire XX-Men squad, et al? Admittedly Colossus' Fastball Special with Hulk and Cyclops mainlining the Phoenix Egg were pretty dope, but still...

They're going to be in a boatload of tie ins. Sinister is usually an X villain. I would like to see more of them doing stuff in the event proper too but seeing that it was set up in Avengers ... :shrug: Still. So many tie ins!

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

They're going to be in a boatload of tie ins. Sinister is usually an X villain. I would like to see more of them doing stuff in the event proper too but seeing that it was set up in Avengers ... :shrug: Still. So many tie ins!

And judging by the cover of Secret Wars #3 they'll be in that issue. Granted that one is a variant, still.

http://www.newsarama.com/24424-exclusive-first-look-secret-wars-3-variants-by-bianchi-sauvage-more.html

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Elucidarius posted:

And judging by the cover of Secret Wars #3 they'll be in that issue. Granted that one is a variant, still.

http://www.newsarama.com/24424-exclusive-first-look-secret-wars-3-variants-by-bianchi-sauvage-more.html
Yeah, that's a Bianchi piece that connects every cover together.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

redbackground posted:

Yeah, that's a Bianchi piece that connects every cover together.

Oh it does? I thought it was like 1+2 and 3+4. My bad. Ignore me!

Side note: Will there be a Last Days of Spider-man 2099? They still have the Maestro story-line to wrap up.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Elucidarius posted:

There is a tiny portion of one woman's face on that and no others. Nice.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Here's the first 3 Bianchi covers together. #4 onward haven't been shown yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rirse posted:

I hope since they are owned by Disney that Scrooge McDuck and Darkwing Duck are there along with Howard and any duck version of marvel heroes.

That reminds me, when the buyout was announced, someone made a huge awesome fan piece with tons of Disney and Marvel characters interacting, and my favorite detail was Howard showing Donald a dirty magazine and Donald's hat flying off.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chill Penguin posted:

Is Kitty the star-woman on a couple A-Force covers? I dunno who it is othewise. Looks pretty close to her after the Black Vortex stuff.

I thought it was funny that Gamora in SW1 appears to be regular ol' Gamora -- I wasn't expecting the Black Vortex power upgrade to last for long, but it's been something like a single month?

Magik's in Inferno, as is Colossus and a couple others.

We don't have much explanation for multiple copies of the same character yet, right? Like, Captain Marvel got on the liferaft but she's also in A-force and the Carol Corps.

E: It just occurred to me that this whole hullabaloo is a perfect opportunity to get the proper Blink back in continuity.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 15, 2015

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

NmareBfly posted:

Is Kitty the star-woman on a couple A-Force covers? I dunno who it is othewise. Looks pretty close to her after the Black Vortex stuff.

That's a new character named Singularity, apparently.

e:

The series will also introduce a new character named Singularity, a pocket universe that gains self-consciousness during Secret Wars. Wilson likened Singularity to Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation and said, "Her entire existence is so unlike that of ours that she really has to learn about what we think of as being an individual and having an identity from the ground up, with no point of access except those she meets." Wilson also stated that Singularity can act as "a whole world within herself and she can also move between different worlds and dimensions like taking a walk, so she has access to all corners of the Marvel U in a way that other characters do not." "[Nico Minoru is] one of the first people we have encounter Singularity," Bennet revealed. "So Nico is put in charge of acclimating this character and showing her their civilization and world while trying to save it. Nico is sort of like the grounding human force and the anchor that begins to show Singularity the capacity of human beings, both for good and for evil, so Nico becomes even more invested when she starts to see her homeland through the eyes of this stranger."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone posted a link earlier for all 44 issues of New Avengers being sold together. I can't find it. Does anyone remember it?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Majuju posted:

Clearly they're just renaming 616 Kitty and she'll recover her memories when she gets a smooch from Star Lord. This leaves room for Ultimate Kitty to sidle right into the regular X-men moving forward. :colbert:

Edit:

Majuju posted:

Wilson also stated that Singularity can act as "a whole world within herself and she can also move between different worlds and dimensions like taking a walk, so she has access to all corners of the Marvel U in a way that other characters do not."

Hm. I was kidding at first, but honestly it might be a pretty reasonable theory. :shrug:

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 15, 2015

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Okay, so: the last time I remember seeing Molecule Man, he was in therapy and basically just trying to live a normal, happy, quiet life with his wife (?), Volcana. I liked that status quo a lot.

What happened to him between then and when Doom scooped him up?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's literally a comic called Kitty Pryde and Star Lord, so I'm sure she'll be in that.

My assumption is Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps is going to be 616 Carol, and a bunch of Alternative Carols. Or the Aforce one is 616.

Limbo isn't part of the universe so its still around, right? Magik just stepping disk the Xmen there.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Majuju posted:

The series will also introduce a new character named Singularity, a pocket universe that gains self-consciousness during Secret Wars. Wilson likened Singularity to Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation and said, "Her entire existence is so unlike that of ours that she really has to learn about what we think of as being an individual and having an identity from the ground up, with no point of access except those she meets."
"[Nico Minoru is] one of the first people we have encounter Singularity," Bennet revealed. "So Nico is put in charge of acclimating this character and showing her their civilization and world while trying to save it.

So basically a carbon copy of 80's Beyonder.

Looking forward to Nico showing her the joys of pooping.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Is Hickman writing anything besides the main book?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Roman Herbom posted:

No. (at least nothing has been solicited yet)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Majuju posted:

Wilson likened Singularity to Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation and said, "Her entire existence is so unlike that of ours that she really has to learn about what we think of as being an individual and having an identity from the ground up, with no point of access except those she meets." Wilson also stated that Singularity can act as "a whole world within herself and she can also move between different worlds and dimensions like taking a walk, so she has access to all corners of the Marvel U in a way that other characters do not."

Wilson knows her audience, if nothing else.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

redbackground posted:

No. (at least nothing has been solicited yet)

I think he's said he's stepping down from Marvel for a while after Secret Wars is over. I assume he's just doing the main story then taking his lil' break afterwards. That could change, though, I guess.

twistedmentat posted:

There's literally a comic called Kitty Pryde and Star Lord, so I'm sure she'll be in that.

That's apparently Ultimate Kitty, though, not 616 Kitty, so she could still be Singularity or dead or whatever.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

A Tin Of Beans posted:

That's apparently Ultimate Kitty, though, not 616 Kitty, so she could still be Singularity or dead or whatever.

Nah, it's Age of Apocalypse Kitty.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Each issue Star Lord will date or be married to a different Kitty and he won't know. It'll be like Multiplicity in Space.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Nah, it's Age of Apocalypse Kitty.

I keep loving up which Kitty it is. At least I got that it wasn't 616 this time! :downs:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If Singularity is not a wholly new character, which I suspect she is, then she just might be Geena Drake from Guardians 3000. That book started off pretty terrible but the last few issues were pretty good once they got to the present, teamed up with the current Guardians, and went against Korvac. They keep making a point of how through all of time and all of the multiverses that Geena is singular and exists exactly the same in all different realities.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Pastry of the Year posted:

Wilson knows her audience, if nothing else.

I'm confused by the gif...are you implying she writes for WickedHate's amusement?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i thought molecule man was the only universal constant. they made kind of a big deal about that?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jsoh posted:

i thought molecule man was the only universal constant. they made kind of a big deal about that?

I don't remember Hickman saying he was the only constant. Just that he was a constant in every reality and that all of them shared a consciousness and were aware of the others.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 16, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jsoh posted:

Isn't Annihilus and Mojo suppose to be too (ignore their Ultimate versions) since their realms is the same one in all universes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Roman Herbom posted:

If you aren't reading East of West I would recommend starting. Hickman is knocking it out of the park on that book as well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SalTheBard posted:

If you aren't reading East of West I would recommend starting. Hickman is knocking it out of the park on that book as well.

As well as The Dying and The Dead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm reading East of West in trades (when they go on sale on comixology) and yeah that book is really good. Can't wait for Vol. 4.

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

Majuju posted:

e:

The series will also introduce a new character named Singularity, a pocket universe that gains self-consciousness during Secret Wars. Wilson likened Singularity to Q from Star Trek: The Next Generation and said, "Her entire existence is so unlike that of ours that she really has to learn about what we think of as being an individual and having an identity from the ground up, with no point of access except those she meets." Wilson also stated that Singularity can act as "a whole world within herself and she can also move between different worlds and dimensions like taking a walk, so she has access to all corners of the Marvel U in a way that other characters do not." "[Nico Minoru is] one of the first people we have encounter Singularity," Bennet revealed. "So Nico is put in charge of acclimating this character and showing her their civilization and world while trying to save it. Nico is sort of like the grounding human force and the anchor that begins to show Singularity the capacity of human beings, both for good and for evil, so Nico becomes even more invested when she starts to see her homeland through the eyes of this stranger."

This would just be franklin's pocket universe right?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Iggles posted:

This would just be franklin's pocket universe right?

Oh my god a sentient pocket universe based on pure whimsy and imagination?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

NmareBfly posted:

I thought it was funny that Gamora in SW1 appears to be regular ol' Gamora -- I wasn't expecting the Black Vortex power upgrade to last for long, but it's been something like a single month?

Magik's in Inferno, as is Colossus and a couple others.

We don't have much explanation for multiple copies of the same character yet, right? Like, Captain Marvel got on the liferaft but she's also in A-force and the Carol Corps.

E: It just occurred to me that this whole hullabaloo is a perfect opportunity to get the proper Blink back in continuity.

Alright, guess I need to catch up on X-Men. I fell off partway into Bendis' take-over and some time around the All-New Marvel Now thing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
So, I was really hoping the second issue would pull me into the crossover, but it really didn't happen. Maybe it was the roughly twenty pages of "Doom mediates a dispute I have zero reason to care about" that didn't help, but for something named Battleworld, it was a relatively sedate issue. Maybe it was all the "let me tell you about the world, as if you did not inhabit it" dialogue. I had a hard time putting my finger on it, but sitting back, I asked myself "Is there a single character in this book whose story would compel me to read more?" After some thought, I settled on "... Jamie Braddock?" with fairly muted enthusiasm. And when Ultimate Jamie Braddock is the only character that interests, there are real issues with the book for me.

Granted, I'm sure a lot of it plays into a larger picture, but it still has to interest me on an issue-to-issue level. It's all technically competent enough, but I was hoping for something a little wilder than what amounts to Game of Thrones with a few more primary colors involved so far.

I did read the Captain America and the Mighty Avengers tie-in, which dedicated itself mostly to pointing out how inane the Avengers and Illuminati have been in their own books. While I don't find hard to wholly agree with what feels like Ewing's meta-criticism, it has the bitter point of none of it ultimately mattering. Hopefully Ewing will have the space to continue this thread after the crossover closes, but right now it just feels like a vote of protest put before a speeding train.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 16, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait why do people keep saying the Braddocks are the Ultimate versions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Wait why do people keep saying the Braddocks are the Ultimate versions?

Isn't the 616 version of Jamie an insane reality warper and the Ultimate Version just Captain Britain Mk. 2?

• Locked thread