Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Jakob Silfverberg has as many points as Patrick Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You know what, gently caress you Chicago. If you're going to play like poo poo at least kill Corey Perry.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

soggybagel posted:

You know what, gently caress you Chicago. If you're going to play like poo poo at least kill Corey Perry.

:agreed:

(also Kesler, tia)

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??
The Ducks are cool and good

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
You see Bruce? I told you playing Sekac would be fine.

Dak02
Nov 23, 2003

SPARE SOME CHANGE??
Meanwhile, Wisnewski is silently sobbing in a corner

Dak02 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 18, 2015

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The Lauerplay won't improve unless Wisniewski gets in the lineup.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've seen this one before. The Hawks play like poo poo until they make a not-quite-heroic enough comeback to lose in Game 7 OT, wherein the California team beats the Rangers in 5

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
I don't get this. The Hawks played like poo poo? What game were you guys watching?

Hawks pretty much dominated the game in every way except actually scoring.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But it was 4-1! A total rout!

You can interpret everything from the final score.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Ducks played pretty bad in the first period but a lot better in the 2nd and 3rd.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

You see Bruce? I told you playing Sekac would be fine.

Clearly he didn't think Sekac could handle the pressure of playing at the same time as DSP :smug:

oh wait, we're eliminated :smith:

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Cakes looked really great today and I think he should play the rest of the series. He was even physical!

And the Hawks did not play like poo poo. They had a great first period, a good second period, and a disappointing third period. The Ducks had a poo poo first period, an average second period, and a good third period.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
It's pretty much a Frederik Andersen miracle that the Ducks survived the first period without allowing any Hawks goals. It was pretty brutal to watch.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
All we need is for Freddy to be the best goalie in the playoffs, and we've got this.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
"the western conference is unequivocally better than the eastern conference and the teams in the western conference play a style of hockey that cannot be bested by any team in the eastern conference" - someone, probably, today, still

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Chicago would never fold against a pacific team playing above their usual level who is riding a hot goaltender that people saw as a team unknown/possible weakness rather than strength going into the playoffs.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Lots of good signs for the Hawks though since they dominated shots and possession. The only line able to cycle against them was the top line of the Ducks. Too bad they made some defensive mistakes and the Ducks capitalized.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Where can I find possession stats for this series?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

mastershakeman posted:

Where can I find possession stats for this series?

http://war-on-ice.com/game1.html?seasongcode=2014201530321

Jiri Sekac stats: -9 Corsi, -3 Fenwick, one individual Corsi shot attempt.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Zucc skaed on his own this morning. Not really expecting him back any time soon but that's nice.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I dunno what happened because I only saw the first, but the hawks were loving running all over the ducks. The D beyond Keith and Seabrook was questionable but they were putting up like 2 shots a minute.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

JoelJoel posted:

I dunno what happened because I only saw the first, but the hawks were loving running all over the ducks. The D beyond Keith and Seabrook was questionable but they were putting up like 2 shots a minute.

Yeah and then the Ducks stopped sleepwalking

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Freddie played big, most Chicago shots he had a good view at, Ducks did an excellent job stickchecking to avoid garbage goals.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

JoelJoel posted:

The second and third periods were drastically different than the first.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A bad first period after a long layoff is basically nothing for Anaheim to worry about.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Puck Daddy did a fancystats analysis as to Why Rick Nash Sucks in the Playoffs: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/what-we-learned--why-is-rick-nash-so-bad-in-the-playoffs-150541865.html

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

A bad first period after a long layoff is basically nothing for Anaheim to worry about.

Chicago's layoff was even longer. It's still nothing to worry about, but it's something!

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

We get it you still hate Rick Nash

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The Anaheim Sucks

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Captained by Ryan Getslast.

Ryan Getlost?

I can't decide.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Why are they all 8pm starts now :argh: BETTMAAAAAAAANNN :argh:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Without reading it I'm guessing fewer breakaways/oddman rushes, takes a lot of easily saved shots from long range, and on top of that bad luck shooting percentage on the prime scoring chances that he does get.

Maybe throw in something about better goaltending in the playoffs

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Without reading it i'm just going to guess that Rick Nash sucks in the playoffs because Rick Nash sucks in the playoffs.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It'd be nice if the Hawks could bounce back in game 2 like the Lightning just did. Yeesh. :stare:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

It's nice to see the Bolts light up a team that's not the Habs for once.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It'd be nice if the Hawks could bounce back in game 2 like the Lightning just did. Yeesh. :stare:

Do the Ducks have an old midget who can cost them a goal early while on a 5v3 to set the tone of the game?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm not even mad. Good job TB.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
That was a lot more like game 6 of the MTL series. You know this series is going at least 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Ron Poster (Bruins organist) just tweeted "#ChickenDance" and I think that's hilarious and apt for tonight's Rangers game.

• Locked thread