Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Chichevache posted:

This goes for the quarterback of every team in the league though. :shrug:

except the bills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGX1Clb3ITs

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

except the bills

Browns too, technically.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

except the bills

The 2013 Jets and Cards can both attest that it does, in fact, get worse.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Our run game suffered a lot when Unger was out

Weeks 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 11 (games Unger started)
Marshawn Lynch: 17 carries, 76 yards (per game average), 4.53 YPC, 0.5 TD per game
Seahawks Record: 3-3
PPG: 24.17

Weeks 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (games without Unger)
Marshawn Lynch: 18 carries, 85 yards (per game average), 4.74 YPC, 1 TD per game
Seahawks Record: 9-1
PPG: 24.9

If I remove that ridiculous Giants game, Lynch without Unger goes to 18 for 79 and 0.7 TD per game and moves Seattle to 23.4 PPG so no, it didn't

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 18, 2015

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chichevache posted:

This goes for the quarterback of every team in the league though. :shrug:

Other teams have it worse off than us. How many of them have a backup QB who has played in the Super Bowl? :smugbird:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whypick1 posted:

Other teams have it worse off than us. How many of them have a backup QB who has played in the Super Bowl? :smugbird:

the bills :smug:
(ok he has a ring but didnt play STILL COUNTS)
it's still hopeless

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Seattle is so salty

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

whypick1 posted:

1999 rams

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Weeks 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 11 (games Unger started)
Marshawn Lynch: 17 carries, 76 yards (per game average), 4.53 YPC, 0.5 TD per game
Seahawks Record: 3-3
PPG: 24.17

Weeks 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (games without Unger)
Marshawn Lynch: 18 carries, 85 yards (per game average), 4.74 YPC, 1 TD per game
Seahawks Record: 9-1
PPG: 24.9

If I remove that ridiculous Giants game, Lynch without Unger goes to 18 for 79 and 0.7 TD per game and moves Seattle to 23.4 PPG so no, it didn't

"If I remove games where Marshawn Lynch did good his stats go down", good reserach

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I, too, only read the last lines of things. I edited that line in because I anticipated a "well the Giants game buoys his stats." Max Unger is a good player but the rest of the line is so trash it didn't even matter.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
also you didnt include playoff games

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/553981016499843076

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

I can't be bothered to dig too deeply into it, but remember that the team's offensive philosophy dramatically shifted after the Cowboys game. Bevell was still in RAZZLE DAZZLE mode up to that point, which I'm sure had something to do with the run game's resurgence.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

shiksa posted:

So wilson can have half a second to throw at... Jermaine kearse?

No, you see, now that their new star TE will help block, Wilson can pass to this dude they just picked up named Jimmy Gra- :psyboom:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pron on VHS posted:

I bet he has a pretty good season upcoming, I'll bet someone something about it

He'll have an average alex smith season. 20td, 3200, 6intish or around that area.

We could have Jeremy Maclin, Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson as our WR corp and I still think Alex would have season like that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chromatic posted:

He'll have an average alex smith season. 20td, 3200, 6intish or around that area.

We could have Jeremy Maclin, Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson as our WR corp and I still think Alex would have season like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I think they're all elite.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

yeah get that non big12 wr calvin johnson out of there

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The Vikings are considering moving Brandon Fusco to LG and starting TJ Clemmings at RG, which is pretty intriguing. Fusco has been one of their best OL for a while now and he has fully recovered from his torn pec. Clemmings is a devastating run blokcer and appears to be more comfortable playing on the right side right now. They also have Joe Berger, who can step in and start at RG if Clemmings isn't ready and they have done a good job of adding talent to the OL, so the depth should be much improved even if they are relying on young players. I don't think they'll be an elite line, but they should be better than last year, especially since Bridgewater made major strides at getting rid of the ball quickly, making pre-snap adjustments, and evading pressure in the pocket, all of which take pressure off of the OL, and Peterson has proven that he's a player who can make an OL look better than it is.

Edit: Source http://www.startribune.com/zimmer-impressed-at-vikings-rookie-minicamp/304060591/

Aniki fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 18, 2015

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Okay, what the gently caress is that freaky rear end thing? I want to make a horror movie using it as the murderous demonic entity desperate for a human soul.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

goc posted:

You would take him over such quality starters as Josh McCown, Sam Bradford, RGIII, Geno Smith and Ryan Mallet/Brian Hoyer? Didn't you read that thread explaining how he's the worst QB in the league?

Honestly, parm's alex smith rant in his thread was only about 10% as long as I thought it would be. I guess because he really isn't that bad of a qb, there isn't as much to nitpick?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@ProFootballTalk: Another CB gone from the Pats; per league source, Chimdi Chekwa has been released.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

@ProFootballTalk: Another CB gone from the Pats; per league source, Chimdi Chekwa has been released.

:siren:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BREAKING: who is chimdi chekwa

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Accusations of fraud mar election of Chimdi Chekwa

Rebels end peace talks, seize town of Chimdi Chekwa

Last living Chimdi Chekwa dies in captivity

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

football fuckerman posted:

Accusations of fraud mar election of Chimdi Chekwa

Rebels end peace talks, seize town of Chimdi Chekwa

Last living Chimdi Chekwa dies in captivity

Chimdi Chekwa delivers triumphant performance in 12 Years a Slave

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Patriots to unleash new defensive formation: 7 players in the box with four scarecrows on skateboards in the secondary

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

casual racists :colbert:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ozu posted:

casual racists :colbert:

Chimdi Chekwa is my favorite DJ right now. :c00lbert:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chimdi.......we're home

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

TubeStank posted:

The Patriots to unleash new defensive formation: 7 players in the box with four scarecrows on skateboards in the secondary

Here are the Quarterbacks going up against the NE secondary this year, in order:

Big Ben (home)
Manuel
Bortles (home)
Bye
Romo
Luck
Geno Smith (home)
Tannehill (home)
RG3 (home)
Eli
Manuel (home)
Peyton
Bradford Sanchize Tebow or I dunno maybe Brandon Spikes or something who the gently caress knows at this point (home)
Ryan Mallett
Marioto (home)
Geno Smith
Tannehill

Start of the season will be rocky, but then it is a parade of clowns. Maybe we get away with it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

why are some of them bolded

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Another Nobel in chemistry for Chimdi Chekwa

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Those are the ones that are total garbage.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

Quarterbacks where a good secondary is probably not exactly a necessity. I like Tannehill but the dude is not great at the deep ball.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Indeed, they only have to face Peyton, Romo, Luck, Eli and Roethlisberger this year, good point

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

football fuckerman posted:

Indeed, they only have to face Peyton, Romo, Luck, Eli and Roethlisberger this year, good point

Let's say we lose literally every one of those games.

Tell me which of the following teams is going to get more than 11 wins this year and beat the Pats to the playoffs:
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Miami Dolphins

TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Forever_Peace posted:

Quarterbacks where a good secondary is probably not exactly a necessity. I like Tannehill but the dude is not great at the deep ball.

if Ryan Tannehill can't succeed against the New England secondary while throwing to Landry, Stills, Jennings, Parker, and Cameron then he deserves to be bolded

I think he will succeed tho

• Locked thread