Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

He can just pretend the endzone is a 13 year old girl.

Uh it's the ball that has to break the plane. What he did wouldn't be a touchdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Bring a Super Bowl to Cleveland. Pls.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Real talk it really sucks that Hill committed sexual assault. He's almost a Corey Dillon level talent at times but you can't root for him. Even if he has a twelve year career without any other transgressions he's just flat out tainted.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
loving atlanta? gently caress off.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Shotty gets an assistant

quote:

@jthom1 38m38 minutes ago

Rams adding Jeff Garcia to staff as offensive assistant.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Now I want them to hire Terrell Owens :unsmigghh:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the new PAT rule would be perfect if you could return a blocked kick for 2 points as well

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Troll Bridgington posted:

Luck banned indefinitely
Lucas Oil Stadium destroyed with fire, the ground salted
Indiana nuked

gently caress lucas oil that stadium is a complete piece of poo poo and the fanbase is somehow even worse

it makes loving candlestick seem great

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

wheez the roux posted:

gently caress lucas oil that stadium is a complete piece of poo poo and the fanbase is somehow even worse

it makes loving candlestick seem great

Lets not say things we cant take back

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Last years offseason went by quickly but for some reason it's really loving dragging this year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aaron Hernandez is adjusting to his new life in prison.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/us/aaron-hernandez-fight/index.html

quote:

(CNN)Convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez is in trouble once again, getting mixed up in a prison fight, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the incident said Tuesday.

Hernandez allegedly agreed to be the lookout for another inmate who went into another prisoner's cell at Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Those two inmates got into a fight Monday, the source says, believed to be gang-related.

All three men are being disciplined over the incident, including the former professional football player, who was put in a special management section.

Christopher Fallon, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Department of Correction, declined to comment, saying regulations forbid divulging information of that kind about inmates.

It's not the first time Hernandez has gotten into trouble behind bars. While he was awaiting his murder trial, he got into a brawl with a fellow detainee at the Bristol County jail.

On Thursday, a judge may set a trial date for Hernandez's double-murder trial in Boston for deaths that occurred in July 2012.

Hernandez, who formerly played for the NFL's New England Patriots, was sentenced April 15 to life behind bars in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd in June 2013.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

cold weather football is cool and good

Football should always and forever be played in a dome

This is why San Diego's new stadium should also have a dome (wherever they build it)

On a related note, if SD ends up building that new stadium in Carson they should change their mascot to the Toxic Avenger

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rasczak posted:

Football should always and forever be played in a dome

This is why San Diego's new stadium should also have a dome (wherever they build it)

On a related note, if SD ends up building that new stadium in Carson they should change their mascot to the Toxic Avenger

This but the opposite. Football should always be played outside.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Not all of us have the uh "natural insulation" that Wisconsinites possess, friendo

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
QBs who play outside in the natural elements are clearly superior.

Hence why RODGERS is #1

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
They pretty much cycle through the same like 8 cities for the Super Bowl don't they

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

football fuckerman posted:

They pretty much cycle through the same like 8 cities for the Super Bowl don't they

Soon everyone will be subjected to January in Minnesota. But otherwise yes

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rasczak posted:

Not all of us have the uh "natural insulation" that Wisconsinites possess, friendo

"Not being a wuss?"

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, even with the other dome stadiums RODGERS still has to play 12 games in the freezing loving cold...

Actually the early part of the season owns in Sept.

Unless your playing Miami where you might die.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

A Man and his dog posted:

QBs who play outside in the natural elements are clearly superior.

Hence why RODGERS is #1

Thank you this is correct.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

WugLyfe posted:

"Not being a wuss?"

Watching f**tball is inherently m*re unpleasant if you're watching it in a meat l*cker

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
One of my favorite NFL memories was when two announcers, whoever they were, were discussing Peyton HIllis' success on the Browns that one year. They were trying to link it to the weather for some reason, until one of them went "Well Hillis actually went to the University of Arkansas and he's from Arkansas." Then there was kind of a pause and one of them was like "But he's been cold before." Then the other guy said "Well, we've all been cold before." This became a personal motto for my brother and I and got us through some very hard times

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Rasczak posted:

Watching f**tball is inherently m*re unpleasant if you're watching it in a meat l*cker

jesus christ stop it

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TubeStank posted:

Having been to 3 games below zero at Soldier Field now, I disagree. That poo poo sucks and most of the people who talk big spend half the game huddled in the bathrooms for warmth.

Retractable roofs uber alles.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Having been to 3 games below zero at Soldier Field now, I disagree. That poo poo sucks and most of the people who talk big spend half the game huddled in the bathrooms for warmth.

Retractable roofs uber alles.

Eh, below 0 you typically don't get snow anyways. Best at like, 25-30 degrees imho.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

TubeStank posted:

Played in maybe. What I wouldn't give for a roof on the Medowlands.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
football should be a balmy 75 degrees if i'm at the game, but if i'm watching it on tv, it should be a loving death blizzard every time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
super bowl should be played in freezing temperature ps i'm fat and i eat a lot of arbys

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

super bowl should be played in freezing temperature ps i'm fat and i eat a lot of arbys

they got white castle in aurora.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Here's two quarterbacks that are pertinent to this conversation.

Quarterback A: 39-15 record, 66.8% completion, 97.2 QBR, 2.44 TD/Int ratio, 7.55 Y/A

Quarterback B: 27-29 record, 61.8% completion, 86.1 QBR, 1.69 TD/Int ratio, 6.90 Y/A

Quarterback A is Matt Ryan in the Georgia Dome, Quarterback B is Matt Ryan on the road

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Shotty gets an assistant

Shotty is the OC for UGA now.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Forever_Peace posted:

Here's two quarterbacks that are pertinent to this conversation.

Quarterback A: 39-15 record, 66.8% completion, 97.2 QBR, 2.44 TD/Int ratio, 7.55 Y/A

Quarterback B: 27-29 record, 61.8% completion, 86.1 QBR, 1.69 TD/Int ratio, 6.90 Y/A

Quarterback A is Matt Ryan in the Georgia Dome, Quarterback B is Matt Ryan on the road

I'd be interested to see his numbers with and without his #1 WR.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

I'd be interested to see his numbers with and without his #1 WR.

Or without the thunderous applause of the Georgia Dome crowd.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Watching football live in the snow and cold is amazing and you should do it at least once in your life

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Arby's has delicious sauces

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GNU Order posted:

Watching football live in the snow and cold is amazing and you should do it at least once in your life

i did and the raiders lost 47-14.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

football fuckerman posted:

Yeah. Lame. Let's have a Super Bowl in Tokyo. Maybe Rio. During Carnivale.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

Yeah. Lame. Let's have a Super Bowl in Tokyo. Maybe Rio. During Carnivale.

Just cordon off a street in a favela.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

indigi posted:

the new PAT rule would be perfect if the player who scored had to kick the XP

Fixed that.

It would make big man TDs even more special.

This change won't make any difference for increased 2 pt attempts as kickers are 92% from 32 yards out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Atlanta SB would be in the Goat dome.

• Locked thread