Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Pillow case partially filled with used urinal cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

SuperSoaker CPS2000

Mk I

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Am I doing this right?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

JB50 posted:

Am I doing this right?

no

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

JB50 posted:

LOL if you dont have a 50 BMG with API rounds. Just LOL.

<--------

I have fired a 50 before and it wasn't fun I wouldn't recommend it

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I'm a much better shot with an M16/M4 than I am with my 30.06 hunting rifle. I'd consider buying an AR for hunting if .223 weren't a poo poo caliber for anything bigger than a squirrel.

Maybe one of those modern M-14 EBRs, they're compact and they're semi-auto. The nice thing about modern semi-auto ARs is that the springs and buffer that drive the semi-auto mechanism absorb a lot of the recoil.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I own a switchblade, it fell off the back of a truck meant for a military supply kind of store so its pretty vicious. It's actually illegal, I think, but cops only care about knife laws if you're black it seems cause Ive gotten searched and they've even given the thing back to me afterwards.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
None, because I literally live in the middle of the ocean with only a few hundred people and have nothing of value to steal.

But I left a Saiga-12 and a Glock 20 with some family in the states. Never kept them for home defense, but because they're just fun as gently caress to take to the range. Plus I bought them both in Alaska and the Saiga loaded with 10 slugs is the ultimate 'gently caress you' to a bear and the Glock is great for a backup if the shotgun goes down shooting myself in the head rather than be mauled to death by a wounded grizzly.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

My Q-Face posted:

I'm a much better shot with an M16/M4 than I am with my 30.06 hunting rifle.

That's really strange. Consider having someone watch you shoot it?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Wild T posted:

None, because I literally live in the middle of the ocean with only a few hundred people and have nothing of value to steal.

But I left a Saiga-12 and a Glock 20 with some family in the states. Never kept them for home defense, but because they're just fun as gently caress to take to the range. Plus I bought them both in Alaska and the Saiga loaded with 10 slugs is the ultimate 'gently caress you' to a bear and the Glock is great for a backup if the shotgun goes down shooting myself in the head rather than be mauled to death by a wounded grizzly.

Can't you make like a sharpened piece of conch or something.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Nooner posted:

Do you think there might be a n-n-n-n-THUG in my building?

*stuffs loaded gun under pillow*

*shoots wife as she tries to slip back into room without waking me after using the bathroom*

There's a break-in video that's been circulating around. Three dudes break into a house in the middle of the night. Some cats come and watch them. As they are leaving one of the occupants wakes up and runs in with a pistol. She takes a random shot in the darkness and manages to shoot a hole in a window. This wakes up the other occupant who wakes up dopey as loving hell. A revolver magically appears in his hand but he's still half a sleep so he uses the revolver to prop himself up while he tries to get oriented. He manages to get to his feet and stumbles down the stairs like a drunkard. The house occupants run around doing "hooo-ah! We trained for this" poo poo for a minute and then they show stills of the damage the dumb bitch did when she shot wild in the dark.

I think in their eyes they won this encounter.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Al Nipper posted:

don't come to battle, unless your prepared for WAR

Is there a part one to this

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

Can't you make like a sharpened piece of conch or something.

if I literally lived in the middle of the ocean my weapon would be a trident

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

if I literally lived in the middle of the ocean my weapon would be a trident

is there a cold steel trident?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

There's a break-in video that's been circulating around. Three dudes break into a house in the middle of the night. Some cats come and watch them. As they are leaving one of the occupants wakes up and runs in with a pistol. She takes a random shot in the darkness and manages to shoot a hole in a window. This wakes up the other occupant who wakes up dopey as loving hell. A revolver magically appears in his hand but he's still half a sleep so he uses the revolver to prop himself up while he tries to get oriented. He manages to get to his feet and stumbles down the stairs like a drunkard. The house occupants run around doing "hooo-ah! We trained for this" poo poo for a minute and then they show stills of the damage the dumb bitch did when she shot wild in the dark.

I think in their eyes they won this encounter.

Oh I thought for sure you were going to say one of the stray rounds killed a cat. What does the bolded part have to do with the rest of the story? Also youd think that even the most basic amount of gun training should lead you to NOT use a loaded weapon to "prop yourself up" even if you are half asleep. God drat people are stupid.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

thathonkey posted:

What does the bolded part have to do with the rest of the story?

It proves that cats are assholes who will calmly watch people rob you and not give a single gently caress.

thathonkey posted:

Also youd think that even the most basic amount of gun training should lead you to NOT use a loaded weapon to "prop yourself up" even if you are half asleep. God drat people are stupid.

That's adorable :allears:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Wild T posted:

That's adorable :allears:

Yeah I know I know it still blows my mind though. Human stupidity truly knows no limits.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i have 4 full sized swords (functional, not decorative), two bayonets (one is from nazi germany, the other is american from the Spanish-American war), and a large number of various combat knives

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Rutibex posted:

i have 4 full sized swords (functional, not decorative), two bayonets (one is from nazi germany, the other is american from the Spanish-American war), and a large number of various combat knives

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

it is 2015 which means that there is no such thing as a (functional, not decorative) full sized sword unless you are part of an anti-Muslim pogrom in India, or an Arabian executioner

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

it is 2015 which means that there is no such thing as a (functional, not decorative) full sized sword unless you are part of an anti-Muslim pogrom in India, or an Arabian executioner

they are from the middle east, yes

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

i don't feel like getting banned for doxxing tfr goons again but it's pretty funny to google the usernames of tfr posters

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

thathonkey posted:

Oh I thought for sure you were going to say one of the stray rounds killed a cat. What does the bolded part have to do with the rest of the story? Also youd think that even the most basic amount of gun training should lead you to NOT use a loaded weapon to "prop yourself up" even if you are half asleep. God drat people are stupid.

Yeah, Wild T beat me to it. Just talking about how cats are pretty useless in an invasion.

I'm all for people having guns, but in fact, that video was perfect proof about how they're not that useful. Those people even went to the trouble of installing some cameras but there were no motion sensing lights? My house lights up like a stadium if something goes near it. A high decibel alarm isn't a bad idea either. If I hit mine, I guarantee my whole neighborhood is going to wake up.

Yeah, the sleepy guy was on the bed, obviously loopy. His right hand was holding the pistol handle and he was pressing the barrel into the mattress holding himself up while he was trying to focus on the door and get his senses. It was an accident waiting to happen. Then there's a perfect shot of him stumbling on the stairs.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

they are from the middle east, yes

I believe the swords are from the middle east but once someone who is not from the middle east buys them they stop being functional and become decorative

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I believe the swords are from the middle east but once someone who is not from the middle east buys them they stop being functional and become decorative

thats fair, i haven't actually intimidated any muslims or decapitated anyone with them since i got them

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rutibex posted:

thats fair, i haven't actually intimidated any muslims or decapitated anyone with them since i got them

here in the first world we intimidate muslims with guns, and sometimes with robots who have guns

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

That's really strange. Consider having someone watch you shoot it?

It's just a matter of practice. I've had orders of magnitude more practice with the M16/M4. Like thousands of rounds vs. less than 30 through the Remington.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I have a bat cause I like to go to the batting cages and an ice ax somewhere in the basement that I haven't used in 5 years and probably should sell

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ArmZ posted:

I have a bat cause I like to go to the batting cages and an ice ax somewhere in the basement that I haven't used in 5 years and probably should sell

wtf is the point of an ice axe if you throw ice on a fire it will burn up in like half a second

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
oh wait I get it it's an axe made out of ice that makes more sense

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

My 2 weapons.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
bought another 40 bullet clip today to protect my manga. i dont sleep with my ar 15 anymore ever since the.... event... but i keep the clips under my pillow and the rifle hangs overmy head on some rope.

edit: it has a pistol grip

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
lol if you don't holster your gun cavalry style

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, whole bean. French press, electric kettle, mug.
I get poo poo set up, then ask intruders what's color of the boat house at Hereford.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MkjmbdHUM

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

and i'm arguing that obsessive level gun ownership often stems from a lack of security in one's masculinity so it's kind of relevant.

Ever thought that maybe recreational target shooting is fun? Maybe a family tradition for some families?

The real issue is improper storage by idiots that never even use their firearms.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

Oh, and another thing.

Stop pointing your finger out all stiff above the trigger. Thats so dumb.

It makes you look like a retard.

Youre not on an f'ing battlefield, just grab on to the handle like a normal person.

Trigger discipline is good and rad, but dont look like some kinda douchetard when youre doing it.

I do this when paintballing and it works really well to help me control the marker. Especially if I'm sprinting at a piece of cover.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Superdude255 posted:

Ever thought that maybe recreational target shooting is fun? Maybe a family tradition for some families?

The real issue is improper storage by idiots that never even use their firearms.

its not fun though

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It's lots of fun. I guess it's not everybody's bag though.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
its like extremely fun lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

its like extremely fun lol.

for me to poop on

• Locked thread