Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
MSL finally scores a single goal, tears off his face and howls unholy oaths at the camera before the lights go out and everyone bursts into flames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah hah

let's win the next 2 tampa, tia

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers still playing lovely but Nash scoring two goals and Marty scoring might be a sign that hell has frozen over and Tampa might should be worried that the normal rules of the universe may no longer apply and in this brave new frontier exists the possibility that they will lose this series while Rick Nash becomes a playoff hero

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wonderllama posted:

MSL finally scores a single goal, tears off his face and howls unholy oaths at the camera before the lights go out and everyone bursts into flames.

he made a blood sacrifice

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Was it his dad this time

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
for what its worth bob is saying expected scf start date is june 3

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

fits posted:

for what its worth bob is saying expected scf start date is june 3

NBC advertised the start as June 3rd in one of its "championship season" commercials

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i only saw the first period but i also saw the shot totals and the highlights and i don't know how badly the rangers were outplayed for the latter two periods but it seems it was at least less egregious than the previous two games and also that henrik lundqvist is better than ben bishop so maybe the rangers have a chance in the series?

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Hell yah, boys! Nash and MSL are back from the dead! https://youtu.be/0hiUuL5uTKc

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

mastershakeman posted:

With a better coach the hawks would have 4 cups in 5 years (one more goal last year vs the kings, one more goal vs Vancouver the year they lost to Boston) and be up 3-0 right now to coast to their 5th.

Wait, is this a serious post?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

a false posted:

i only saw the first period but i also saw the shot totals and the highlights and i don't know how badly the rangers were outplayed for the latter two periods but it seems it was at least less egregious than the previous two games and also that henrik lundqvist is better than ben bishop so maybe the rangers have a chance in the series?

They got crazy outplayed for most of the second

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Levitate posted:

They got crazy outplayed for most of the second
Lundqvist playing like his usual self, the D making good desperation plays on Tampa's scoring chances and Tampa's big guns missing on chances were the difference.

But holy poo poo! Rick Nash scored two goals, you guys! And Marty had chances for a hat trick!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
loving HOCKEY TONIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

loving HOCKEY TONIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you from the future? Because Id like to think that this positive outlook is due to Q reverting back to playoff mode and doing smart roster things again.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

a false posted:

Lundqvist is on his game and Bishop doesn't have that kind of game. Rangers seem to have gotten the Lightning's style down and they're giving up a lot of possession but getting things like RIck Nash cutting to the middle on a break.

The New York Rangers are awesome and I love how we have seven posts overnight in this thread because we successfully drove away all the fans of other teams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Gonna be really cool to be able to clinch the series back on Anaheim on Monday

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Are you from the future? Because Id like to think that this positive outlook is due to Q reverting back to playoff mode and doing smart roster things again.
In this future that I saw tvr and TT are playing tonight.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

RC Cola posted:

I'm hopeful.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Zodijackylite posted:

The New York Rangers are awesome and I love how we have seven posts overnight in this thread because we successfully drove away all the fans of other teams.

And the GDT was only 3 pages too. Keep up the good work, boys!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

larkko posted:

Lundqvist playing like his usual self, the D making good desperation plays on Tampa's scoring chances and Tampa's big guns missing on chances were the difference.

But holy poo poo! Rick Nash scored two goals, you guys! And Marty had chances for a hat trick!

Admittedly, I can't say I've watched all the games so far very intently, but despite what seems to be the narrative around him, when I have paid attention, Marty seems to have played well and has made good plays, and things just didn't quite seem to go his way. Maybe RAS will disagree, but he hasn't actually looked anything but good to me, so I guess I'm glad he finally got one in.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Loqieu posted:

And the GDT was only 3 pages too. Keep up the good work, boys!

Yeah but how were the *ratings*! :supaburn:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

RC Cola posted:

reach42 posted:

I'm hopeful.

If you guys can get three other posters to acquire Kaneatars with three additional elemental forces, you might just summon enough heart for Chicago to win this one.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Habibi posted:

Admittedly, I can't say I've watched all the games so far very intently, but despite what seems to be the narrative around him, when I have paid attention, Marty seems to have played well and has made good plays, and things just didn't quite seem to go his way. Maybe RAS will disagree, but he hasn't actually looked anything but good to me, so I guess I'm glad he finally got one in.

I think that's more the story of Rick Nash. Nash generally has been making very good/smart plays, and has had a good amount of chances. Just couldn't bury them until last night. St. Louis though has been invisible for large portions of this playoffs. He did look a lot better last night, and hopefully that goal will get him out of his funk.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

RC Cola posted:

Teuvo and Vermette are back in, and the lines will be the same they used in game 2.

Their legs will be really fresh now!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The Series That Bored SAS From the Start.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Game 3 was really fun and generated a lot of discussion.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stickarts posted:

The Series That Bored SAS From the Start.

But we havnt even made it to the Rangers/Ducks SCF yet for that to happen?

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Zodijackylite posted:

I love how we have seven posts overnight in this thread because we successfully drove away all the fans of other teams.

The reality is noone cares about the last four teams still playing.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Furnaceface posted:

But we havnt even made it to the Rangers/Ducks SCF yet for that to happen?

Imagine only RAS and Mook posting

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CDX posted:

The reality is noone cares about the last four teams still playing.
The Rangers and Blackhawks have huge fan bases.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Levitate posted:

Imagine only RAS and Mook posting

I'll keep posting because I'm cheering for Despres to make the trade look even worse.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Isn't there usually a doldrums around this time of the playoffs anyways? Plus it was a Friday night game. Considering most people go out and do things on a Friday it's hardly surprising it was a short thread.

I will say there feels like there are less "storylines" (whatever that means) this year. Someone's mom needs to die spice things up again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Habibi posted:

If you guys can get three other posters to acquire Kaneatars with three additional elemental forces, you might just summon enough heart for Chicago to win this one.

Any hawks fans have a Kane elemental avatar you might want? We need earth wind and water IMO. I'll buy them for you

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

I will say there feels like there are less "storylines" (whatever that means) this year. Someone's mom needs to die spice things up again.

It's because all the teams that are left are boring for various reasons.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

If I was talented I'd make one, but I'm just a beggar.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

HookShot posted:

It's because all the teams that are left are boring for various reasons.
People say that all the time. I think you'd have to be out of your mind to think the Lightning are boring, personally.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Yeah the ECF has been nuts pretty much

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Not necessarily boring in terms of watching them play (good God not at all), but boring in terms of narrative.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

RC Cola posted:

Any hawks fans have a Kane elemental avatar you might want? We need earth wind and water IMO. I'll buy them for you

Hmery, mine's 5 years old now and I'm finally starting to like Kane more than Toews this year for no real reason other than enjoying brash/evil guys like Mayweather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HookShot posted:

Not necessarily boring in terms of watching them play (good God not at all), but boring in terms of narrative.

Yeah they're all young guys who haven't done much yet.

Someone punch a cabbie or something.

• Locked thread