Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ratpick posted:

I like Monsterhearts mainly because it's such a well-designed game: it's laser-focused on emulating a particular genre and does it really well. Even though the genre is one I don't enjoy, I still really appreciate the game for its mechanics.

This.
And its being so well designed is primarily why I'm trying a game of it, even though I avoided it til now because it's not really my kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

soooooooooo i just found YEARS-OLD GROG by accident and feel kind of stomach-turny now, how's y'all's sunday going

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I went to the beach this morning and later to a library, bought a bunch of japanese lit books recommended by the ADTRW and PHIZ book threads and "Viva o povo brasileiro" for my dad's birthday. Gonna marathon some more trailer park boys later.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Computer crash wiped out the bigass map I was working on in Hexographer. :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ningyou posted:

soooooooooo i just found YEARS-OLD GROG by accident and feel kind of stomach-turny now, how's y'all's sunday going
Post it.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
I have an upcoming D&D game 2 hours from now where we engage in some collaborative world-building before the campaign proper. I also purchased Chocolate Chip Eggo Waffles last Friday and am eating them every day, they're that good.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's already late in the evening here and I didn't do a lot all day, but now I just hooked up my synthesizer and I think I'm gonna record a cover of Neil Young's Hey Hey, My My.

Felt like I still had to prep D&D for next week all day but every time I sat down and looked at my notes it was all pretty much done and in order.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Libertad! posted:

I have an upcoming D&D game 2 hours from now where we engage in some collaborative world-building before the campaign proper. I also purchased Chocolate Chip Eggo Waffles last Friday and am eating them every day, they're that good.
Eggo's cinnamon toast waffles are the best.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Cool, sounds straightforward enough. Thanks for that!

Would you say it's a fun system to play with?

It's fun enough, and easy to houserule. I wouldn't say it was a goto system for me for a campaign unless my players were clamoring for Conan.

It's major strengths are simplicity and genre evocation, so it's seems like it's in a pretty good spot to fill for games where 7th sea is the setting.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Do not post it if you don't feel like it, but know that we'd appreciate it if you did.

It rained the whole day here, so I stayed indoors, studied for the my exams and surfed the Internet. On more TG related news, I am putting together a hopefully somewhat realistic world map for my fantasy setting.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Ignore him. Pretend the person who made the grog has long since moved on. Find a nice picture of, I dunno, lesbian puppy love or something else calming and cute you enjoy and meditate on that until your stomach stops turning.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 24, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ningyou posted:

I'm good. I ended up doodling a wasteland car in MS paint like an 8 year old while listening to the Fury Road soundtrack and contemplating a Highway Ronin archetype character in Feng Shui 2.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm at work, people are adopting dogs, not too busy.

A good day so far.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

Ignore him. Pretend the person who made the grog has long since moved on. Find a nice picture of, I dunno, lesbian puppy love or something else calming and cute you enjoy and meditate on that until your stomach starts turning.

No, you should actually post it!

There's a thread for it and everything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ningyou posted:

Scared?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm hoping it's a joke about beverages, because postable grog is a cause for laughter, not tummy acrobatics.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Davin Valkri posted:

Ignore him. Pretend the person who made the grog has long since moved on. Find a nice picture of, I dunno, lesbian puppy love or something else calming and cute you enjoy and meditate on that until your stomach stops turning.

I did! Liiiiiiiiterally. ♪

But yeah no I'd totally post it and invite y'all to share in my misfortune but apparently this already got posted in an old grogthread? So I feel like it'd be kind of redundant.

ANYway. Puppy adoptions! Puppies are pretty great. Even grogs can't ruin puppies.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 24, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ningyou posted:

I just saw Fury Road again, so pretty well!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just saw Fury Road again, so pretty well!

I keep hearing that Fury Road is really good and also SJW MISANDRIST TRASH and this all really makes me *want* to see it but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh movie theatres

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Won a local Netrunner tournament today. Sunday night D&D game got cancelled. Eating some grilled shark now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ningyou posted:

I keep hearing that Fury Road is really good and also SJW MISANDRIST TRASH and this all really makes me *want* to see it but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh movie theatres

Fury Road is a movie you need to see on the big screen. Trust me on this.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

It is definitely a good big screen experience. Try going at a weird time during a weekday after it's been out a while. I got lucky and there were only a few annoyances when I went, completely overshadowed by the film.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What's wrong with movie theaters

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ningyou posted:

ANYway. Puppy adoptions! Puppies are pretty great. Even grogs can't ruin puppies.

You'd think that, but this is neither the forum nor thread to elaborate.

Yes, there is essentially animal grog.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Countblanc posted:

What's wrong with movie theaters

People are rude and stupid. To fix this I need to stop watching the movie and find an usher who doesn't really care, or argue with some idiot who probably won't listen because "don't talk during the movie" and "don't kick the seats" is beyond them. Even with my relatively fine trip to see Fury Road, there was seat kicking from loving adults.

People in general are awful.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Plague of Hats posted:

People are rude and stupid. To fix this I need to stop watching the movie and find an usher who doesn't really care, or argue with some idiot who probably won't listen because "don't talk during the movie" and "don't kick the seats" is beyond them. Even with my relatively fine trip to see Fury Road, there was seat kicking from loving adults.

You sound cool.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Effectronica posted:

You sound cool.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
My worst moviegoing experience was when some couple brought their three year old to Machete and let him run up and down the aisle. Ten minutes in my mom went and got the usher who promptly kicked them out and I enjoyed the rest of the movie. They gave us free tickets on the way out, with which I saw RED, which was also enjoyable.

Well that's my story.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

oriongates posted:

The adventure does not provide any detail at all on the content of the notes because it's written in a dead language (forgetting that Comprehend Languages is a first level spell).

God, that would be so easy to make interesting.

Yeah, dude's been writing down all the features of the dungeon for his successor who apparently never came, in between speculating about whether the prisoners have all died out leaving their fabulous wealth, built a new utopia, or maybe enacted dark rituals to kill their sealers since nobody's coming as a replacement.

He's clear on what everything does but kind of crap at mentioning how it all connects - a preservation circle could be the key to containing a demon or the key to a well-stocked break room. You can understand the entrance easily enough and this isn't a high-threat area...

If you want to cart this stuff into the dungeon, treat it like a bag of books (+1 to Spout Lore, 5 uses, 2 weight) and take as much as you like.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Plague of Hats posted:

It is definitely a good big screen experience. Try going at a weird time during a weekday after it's been out a while. I got lucky and there were only a few annoyances when I went, completely overshadowed by the film.

sorry you probably don't have one of these: http://www.flixbrewhouse.com/

No kids after 7pm, second time with a cell phone and you're kicked out, aisles wide enough that you don't have to stand when someone else has to pee, hit a button and servers bring you another pitcher of beer, assigned seats like the theater so no need to show up an hour early, a clip reel before each show featuring similar movies or other works by the lead actors -- no commercials before the previews...

All for about $10 per ticket.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Yeah hinting at what's coming up is an adventure technique that's criminally underused in published stuff. It's a technique that gets used really well in computer games - I've been keeping it in mind recently and it works great.

Dungeon maps need more windows and vistas and misty views of places you can't get to just yet. It's so effective at encouraging a feeling of place.

Of course, the flipside is that with teleports and flight in the wizard's toolkit...

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

fosborb posted:

Yeah, I live in Topeka. The coolest thing about this town is that Lawrence isn't very far away.

quote:

No kids after 7pm, second time with a cell phone and you're kicked out, aisles wide enough that you don't have to stand when someone else has to pee, hit a button and servers bring you another pitcher of beer, assigned seats like the theater so no need to show up an hour early, a clip reel before each show featuring similar movies or other works by the lead actors -- no commercials before the previews...

That sounds really nice.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

fosborb posted:

Oh, hey, there's one in Carmel, Indiana which is less than an hour from GenCon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

fosborb posted:

Man, we don't have anything like that in this part of the country. I'd kill for an Alamo Drafthouse or something.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Plague of Hats posted:

Parents who take their babies to any movie are the worst. It's like they're too lazy to do something else, so they don't give a poo poo how their children are going to feel. A huge dark room with loud noises is a recipe for crying.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, we don't have anything like that in this part of the country. I'd kill for an Alamo Drafthouse or something.
There is one not too far away from where you are if you are the person who I think you are.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

MadScientistWorking posted:

There is one not too far away from where you are if you are the person who I think you are.

Who do you think I am? :crossarms:

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Evil Mastermind posted:

Who do you think I am? :crossarms:
MST3K dude?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If you mean on G+, then I think you're referring to me. But the closest Drafthouse is in New York, which is a few states over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My worst movie theatre experience was when I saw Transformers 2. Because I stayed for the whole movie, and saw and heard the whole thing.

• Locked thread