Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
This poll is closed.
John Cena 42 15.73%
BELIEVE IT OR NOT 2 0.75%
I'M WALKING ON AIR 4 1.50%
I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD FEEL SO FREE EE EE 5 1.87%
FLYIN AWAY ON A WING AND A PRAYER 7 2.62%
WHO COULD IT BE 16 5.99%
BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT'S JUST ME 29 10.86%
BBQ Pitmasters, the tna killer. 162 60.67%
Total: 267 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Perry Normal posted:

I think you're right most of the time, but not "always."

It was death...for Lucy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

flashy_mcflash posted:

I hope so, but I don't like Dolph in this role. It just doesn't seem like he has any skin in the game. I'm sure the matches would be fine but I'm not invested in Dolph and Lana as a couple.

How can you not love a couple where it seems like the only reason they got together was "uhhh, he was there?"

I mean, people might enjoy it if there had been any buildup, like Dolph stepping in if Rusev looked to be threatening Lana, or Dolph saying "Hey, you could do better?" Or they'd had any interaction whatsoever?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

How can you not love a couple where it seems like the only reason they got together was "uhhh, he was there?"

I mean, people might enjoy it if there had been any buildup, like Dolph stepping in if Rusev looked to be threatening Lana, or Dolph saying "Hey, you could do better?" Or they'd had any interaction whatsoever?

Though I have no desire to see the match ever ever ever again, Swagger would've at least made some sense. "He was there" is a pretty good way of characterizing it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that's the stated point of their get together. He was standing there and Lana wanted to make Rusev jealous

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Writer Cath posted:

It should have been kane.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

that's the stated point of their get together. He was standing there and Lana wanted to make Rusev jealous

That doesn't make it good, in fact its quite bad.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oatgan posted:

So.... he was there?

In another reality she'd be Heath Slater's hanger on?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dolph Ziggler is extremely horny and I for one am glad that his booking has caught up with nick nemeth the person

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

'He was there' is literally the reason, so being mad because you assume wwe is expecting you to treat it as more significant than that is a little silly. The feud is completely not about Ziggler, he's just there as a proxy punching bag for rusev.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

flashy_mcflash posted:

Though I have no desire to see the match ever ever ever again, Swagger would've at least made some sense. "He was there" is a pretty good way of characterizing it.

That would mean Swagger would have had to talk, so unfortunately they couldn't do it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

If you don't think they're going to eliminate at least half the teams before the last pod is released, then you're probably literally Vince McMahon in which case can I have some money buddy?

Counterpoint: You're doubting WWE's ability to do stupid poo poo.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Of course there is the rare exception.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I've nearly been watching WWE for a year now since I started watching shortly before MITB and in that time I've gone from totally apathetic about Dolph Ziggler to appreciating him to really liking him and wishing for more for him to appreciating him to being totally apathetic about him until now, when through a combination of WWE booking failures and Ziggler's weird Twitter poo poo I at last hate him, and his stupid little face. Burn, Ziggler, Burn. Jeselnik Was Right.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I still say the first segment where Lana just destroyed Rusev verbally should have just ended with her walking out with no Ziggler.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Re: Zack Ryder cheering like a dummy - It wasn't just a loss for Zack. It was Zack performing in his home town, at the arena he watched wrestling in as a kid that is closing up. It was a spotlight for Ryder and the arena holding it's final WWE show so Long Island can have their moment with their boy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The funny thing is that Swagger can talk just fine if his days with the Swagger Soaring Eagle and Bunkhouse Buck were any indication. He plays a pretty good college jock rear end in a top hat.

"It's called a Swaggie, and it's *delicious*!"

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Sami Zayn is seeing Dr. Andrews today :smith:

Someone update the Dr.Andrews.gif

Wait this isn't the MLB thread

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DeathChicken posted:

The funny thing is that Swagger can talk just fine if his days with the Swagger Soaring Eagle and Bunkhouse Buck were any indication. He plays a pretty good college jock rear end in a top hat.

Yes... "plays"...

I'm not arguing, a lot of the best gimmicks are a reflection of the person's real personality. I just thought that was a funny way of saying it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Alain Post posted:

I think the dumbest possible thing you can possibly complain about in wrestling is it being predictable.

My point exactly - every promotion has rehashed some kind of gimmick or angle in one way or another, happens all the time. I love Dean's shenanigans, and WWE letting him do more stuff instead of constantly losing matches or looking dumb is refreshing :)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Dean Ambrose has stolen an ambulance and a police vehicle in the last year, can't wait until he shows up on a fire truck

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
^^^^^^^ Runs over Seth with a street sweeper.

Skaw posted:

Re: Zack Ryder cheering like a dummy - It wasn't just a loss for Zack. It was Zack performing in his home town, at the arena he watched wrestling in as a kid that is closing up. It was a spotlight for Ryder and the arena holding it's final WWE show so Long Island can have their moment with their boy.

That's a fair point. I think it would have been better without the Entourage people there. Even if one of them is from the area, it kind of distracted from everything you mentioned here.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

Dean Ambrose has stolen an ambulance and a police vehicle in the last year, can't wait until he shows up on a fire truck

He should be in prison

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

He should be in prison

steals a SWAT truck

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Of course a WHITE wrestler can get away from the police!!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Alain Post posted:

Of course a WHITE wrestler can get away from the police!!!
I would 100% buy it if R-Truth got arrested and showed up later in the show, and if questioned on this he would simply say that he doesn't remember being arrested.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

What's happened to Swagger? Injured? Benched?

Cause honestly even if it led to Swagger/Rusev #35 I would have busted a gut laughing if Lana hooked up with Swagger.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm not sure, but thinking about it I'd love to see Swagger work NXT for a bit and try and rejuvenate his career like Kidd did

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

So.... he was there?

In another reality she'd be Heath Slater's hanger on?

That would be amazing actually. Slater being a smug douchebag about his hot new girlfriend. Lana trying to be all "Slater, CRUSH" only to realize her massive mistake. Rusev chasing Slater around every Arena like a scorned Bulgarian juggernaut.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
former World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger lmao

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Perry Normal posted:

^^^^^^^ Runs over Seth with a street sweeper.

That's a fair point. I think it would have been better without the Entourage people there. Even if one of them is from the area, it kind of distracted from everything you mentioned here.

Yeah. Agreed that the Entourage dudes, at least the three not from the area, took a bit away from the segment.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Cause honestly even if it led to Swagger/Rusev #35 I would have busted a gut laughing if Lana hooked up with Swagger.
Swagger had a decent match with Bo Dallas on the last Main Event. He's in that Zack Ryder zone where the writers literally have nothing for him so he's not on the main tv shows. I really miss Zeb Colter. :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Where has been Dutch been anyway, he got written out before TLC iirc.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

triplexpac posted:

I'm not sure, but thinking about it I'd love to see Swagger work NXT for a bit and try and rejuvenate his career like Kidd did

We have enough injured NXT guys already

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

Where has been Dutch been anyway, he got written out before TLC iirc.

I think he suffers from the condition known as being an old man. Imagine he either stopped or took a break from traveling everywhere Swagger went.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

It makes sense for the hot Russian lady to be messing around with a guy named after Dolph Lundgren if you ask me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

They tried that already.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

Also John Cena Midcard Final Boss owns. he's putting on fun matches with dudes who otherwise would be sitting backstage doing nothing. And doesn't have to actually cut promo's against them to bury their characters on the mic.

Remember when authority figures in the WWE would use midcarders to do their bidding? Who else is sick of Kane and Big Show? Might be begging the question but it is pertinent to point this out.

Just because Cena doesn't bury the challengers on the mic doesn't make it any better because there's nothing to engage the audience other than a good promo. The wrestler who accepts the challenge doesn't receive character development or reveals their intentions, thus there is no reason for the audience to be engaged. Let's be honest, the idea was fresh for a while but I skip the segment almost every week. It was a good way to introduce Neville, Owens and Zayn but the actual midcarders have not received an iota of attention.

Maybe they'll do more with it and maybe there will be reason once poo poo actually hits the fan, but that's yet to be seen.

GentlemanBrofro fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 27, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I really hope the plot becomes Dolph Ziggler shaggin the Russian out of her and she starts talking in her American accent.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I really hope the plot becomes Dolph Ziggler shaggin the Russian out of her and she starts talking in her American accent.

When asked about it (as if WWE would actual acknowledge it), Lana just replies "I'm speaking like an American because it's what's been in my throat the last few weeks"

And somewhere off-camera, Vince McMahon is high-fiving himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The Jumpoff posted:

When asked about it (as if WWE would actual acknowledge it), Lana just replies "I'm speaking like an American because it's what's been in my throat the last few weeks"

And somewhere off-camera, Vince McMahon is high-fiving himself.

If this was the Attitude Era there's a 100% chance that line would have actually been used, but just replace Dolph with Val Venis.

• Locked thread