Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
apple
was better with stebe
should know better than to piss me off
should bring back the iphone 4
is crazy for pricing gold watches over 1k
should make me a sandwich
is doing the best it can
is the worst
checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Beeftweeter posted:

lol that actually does sound kinda cool

but really it has the same problem as the apple watch itself in that it does the same thing as something you already have in your pocket. only instead of swapping one thing with one thing its two and one of them looks stupid and gets horrible battery life

I can't wait to see idiots get locked out of their houses because their watch battery went dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

pram posted:

here in new york city (world capital of culture) i havent seen a single apple watch. we have this restaurant here called chipotle? any of you flyover fucks know what im talking about? its good

I have yet to see one in Chicago (world capital of hot dogs) either, where are all these smart watches going

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

AWWNAW posted:

I have yet to see one in Chicago (world capital of hot dogs) either, where are all these smart watches going

China

Business Insider posted:

The Apple Watch Edition has already sold out in China — and it took less than an hour for the most luxurious gold version of the device, which reportedly costs 126,800 yuan ($20,000), to get completely snapped up.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-watch-edition-sold-out-in-china-2015-4

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
apple altered its business model to have china/india as their primary markets, they couldn't care less about customers in north america/europe

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

apple altered its business model to have china/india as their primary markets, they couldn't care less about customers in north america/europe

If you ever ask your self what the market is for gaudy under performing items, the answer is usually the emerging bourgeois market

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

40% of americans are liars

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

power botton posted:

40% of americans are liars

More importantly, Americans think it's ethically and culturally wrong to answer in the affirmative, and lie in order to not feel like assholes.

The Chinese and Indians have no such qualms.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

ElGroucho posted:

More importantly, Americans think it's ethically and culturally wrong to answer in the affirmative, and lie in order to not feel like assholes.

The Chinese and Indians have no such qualms.

Yep, there was a whole chapter about this in Bobos in Paradise:

David Brooks posted:

The Code of Financial Correctness:

1. Only vulgarians spend lavish amounts of money on luxuries. Cultivated people restrict their lavish spending to necessities.

It is wrong to spend money on goods that seem to exist solely for the purpose of promoting their owner’s social status. However, as long as one can connect the purchase a very expensive item to a "basic necessity" of life, that is acceptable. This includes $60,000 Range Rovers (ostensibly for backpacking) to $100,000 kitchens.

2. It is perfectly acceptable to spend lots of money on anything that is of "professional quality," even if it has nothing to do with your profession.

Because Bobos believe in the importance of experts, they want to appear to be expert in everything they do. Spending lots of money on backpacking equipment makes a Bobo a professional sports guide by association. This proves that you are “serious” about this endeavor and not just spending money for the heck of it.

3. You must practice the perfectionism of small things.

Because Bobos sees themselves as artistic souls, appreciation of small, craft-like details demonstrates this. It also allows them to spend lots of money on what normally a less-expensive item by making sure each componant is of the very best quality and shows that they do not accept the ordinary.

4. You can never have too much texture.

Texture speaks to the"natural" non-conformist quality of the goods you purchase and connotes virtue and authenticity. Heavily textured pants connects a Bobo to a more craft-oriented, ordinary existence that they otherwise don’t experience.

5. The educated elites are expected to practice one-downsmanship.

By purchasing goods that can be connected to older practices or oppressed cultures, Bobos can make an associational claim to non-elites. By purchasing peasant garb or Shaker furniture, Bobos can mask the high-priced goods with low-priced connotations.

6. The educated elite are expected to spend huge amounts on things that used to be cheap.

Because everyday items are usually not expensive, Bobos are willing to spend much more money on them. It allows them to practice a number of the above rules without spending a lot of money overall even though it’s much more than it used to be. For example, a $5 cup of coffee (triple shot decaf grande latte) or a $8 loaf of bread.

7. Members of the educated elite prefer stores that give them more product choices than they could ever want but which don't dwell on anything so vulgar as prices.

Having lots of choices make it appear that Bobos are not pawns to consumerism and capitalists. It makes them appear as if they are in the driver’s seat. It also requires a fair amount of knowledge and sophistication to make the right choices and appreciate the subtlties. The more information the better, and the more information that also suggests an association with the values that Bobos appreciate, the best.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In8Hywj0hEE

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

im the wearing of the latex gloves because i saw people handling expensive/delicate things with gloves and these were all i had

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Added to playlist ASMR

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Boxturret posted:

im the wearing of the latex gloves because i saw people handling expensive/delicate things with gloves and these were all i had

im the part where he just says "oh, gently caress it" and puts it on anyway completely giving up on any semblance of respect that he was initially trying to offer, or just hugely misunderstanding respect in the most basic of ways

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
someone post the thing about the guy being pissed off that the apple employee opened the iPhone box for him

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Hasters posted:

So I've been using a stainless steel because I didn't want to commit to the Edition if it turned out I really didn't use/want the watch, but over the last couple of weeks it's really become indispensable. So this morning my old watch is on it's way back and in 3-4 weeks I should have the 42mm rose gold! :)

vvv Probably sell it, if I can get 50% back after a year I'll be happy. vvv

lol wait were you not quoting someone?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

:cripes:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I thought these were all fictional posts

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

the only fiction is these people's self-awareness

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Dolomite posted:

the only fiction is these people's self-awareness

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1875548

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Just get a fitness thing. Why would you want to get you nice leather watch band all sweaty and laffo if you got the cheap awful plastic one

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

maniacdevnull posted:

Just get a fitness thing. Why would you want to get you nice leather watch band all sweaty and laffo if you got the cheap awful plastic one

Actually I got both, a black leather loop for everyday and the white sport band comes with the watch. No sweat problems here :)

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 25, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

God bless you, moronic early adopter.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
More from the person looking to strap an Apple Watch around their trotter:

quote:

I am not "rolling" in it. I was happy with my order until people here told me I should have gotten the bigger one. The shipping window for the big one is the end of June. And by the way for the other poster who says I squeeze into the 38mm, I don't "squeeze" into it, it slides over my hand just fine. Right now, I am tired of reading posts telling me how horrible it looks on me. I am not looking for compliments because I have never gotten any my whole life. I created this post because I had convinced myself thanks to people on this forum, that it wouldn't even go over my hand. I had been upset and wanted to apologize and posted pictures that it had gone on over my hand. What I have received more than anything is people making negative comments such as my arm looks like a pig's leg that I have put a watch on and other comments which were removed by the moderators. I may just cancel the other because I am sick of waiting.

quote:

Never did or would seek advice from anyone on these forums. I am not looking for "mollycoddling" from anyone here. My family doesn't mollycoddle me. I acknowledge the tactful opinions but feel being told my arm looks like a pigs leg and my circulation is being cut off is uncalled for.

quote:

Okay, wasn't going to, but here is a picture with the 38mm on left and 42mm on right. I'm sure I'll get even more uncalled for rude comments.

quote:

I am going to cotact the supervisor I have been working with and see if I can return both. I can't make up my mind and being female I don't know that the bands that work with the 42mm would look good when I wear a dress or skirt. I thank everyone for sharing your opinions.

Apr 7, 2003

I don't know if the bands would look good when I'm wearing a tent or a tarpaulin,

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lol

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
as a fat guy with normal looking wrists, when i see those wrists i can only imagine her eating 10 kilocalories everyday for a decade while never standing

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

io_burn posted:

So gross

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
*walks into thread* hey guys what's--
:barf:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

io_burn posted:

iwatch owners are hideous

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

"Buzz, your girlfriend, woof!"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
use the apple watch money to buy a gym membership

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

"Must....reach...door...."

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
It would seem she hasn't used the fitness apps of the Apple Watch at all. :(

Apr 7, 2003

I can't take a person that fat seriously about anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it must be hard to wear a wristwatch when you don't have a wrist.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
What do you guys think of this fit? I am looking for something that will look good in a skirt or elegant dress.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

io_burn posted:

What do you guys think of this fit? I am looking for something that will look good in a skirt or elegant dress.

:barf:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

at first glance i thought i was looking at a hosed up penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

power botton posted:

at first glance i thought i was looking at a hosed up penis

• Locked thread