Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
she already has a autobiography? jesus lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I know "ripping your arm off and beating you with it" is a popular expression but if there was ever a time I worried it might happen, I'd say this is it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I hope someone brought up to Bethe that Ronda's father committed suicide because that is a really lovely thing to say if she knew about it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well... for context, McGregor recently said if this was the good ol days he would have genocided Aldos favela and kept anyone who could work around to make Reebok shirts and everyone just sort of looked around for a bit to make sure it was ok to pretend it didnt happen.

That was in very bad taste but we've established that in the UFC if you make Dana money you need to at minimum break the arm of a pregnant lady to get punished.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/27/8673649/daniel-cormier-celebrates-seth-rollins-wwe-heavyweight-title-victory

DC delivers on his promise. I like how hoarse DC sounds because he's probably been screaming the entire night up to that point.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bethe's mentor is Paulo Filho
making her an expert on losing due to drugs and running away

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005
Found this on reddit but thought it was funny enough to crosspost. The Arvloski bitch slap, https://twitter.com/ricketyoldshack/status/603668285620658178

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

manyak posted:

i think in her book Ronda says after the olympics she was just hanging around smoking weed and doing vicodin all day. which is cool

nless she competed at two games (possible) this isn't true. after (her first?) Olympics, she went home disappointed and life continued drug free. I'm at that part in her book. like I said though, if she competed twice then what you've hinted at is possible.

edit: beaten.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 28, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Pretty funny but not as good as when Arlovski was actually bitch-slapped by Werdum.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/27/8673649/daniel-cormier-celebrates-seth-rollins-wwe-heavyweight-title-victory

DC delivers on his promise. I like how hoarse DC sounds because he's probably been screaming the entire night up to that point.

You'd think they would have given him much better seats just for being there

WWE loves those 'look at the famous people that show up to our shows' crowd shots

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mr. Carlisle posted:

WWE loves those 'look at the famous people that show up to our shows' crowd shots

Daniel Cormier isn't famous or well known outside of MMA.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I was actually really bored at work the other day and was looking at how famous MMA fighters compare to other celebrities as far as Twitter followers go. Some big guy on steroids that has never done anything worth a poo poo in the WWE (Ryback) has twice as many followers as Chris Weidman and Daniel Cormier combined. In fact, pretty much any wrestler no matter their place on a WWE card has way more followers than almost any MMA fighter.

Yea it's not exactly a scientific study, but it's still depressing.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Do we know the ppv buys on 187?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Johnson taking heat from bloodyelbow

"We've been human beings in letting these guys, other guys make up for what they've done and come back. There's one thing that you never bounce back from and that's putting your hands on a woman. Been that way in the UFC since we started here. You don't bounce back from putting your hands on a woman." - UFC President Dana White to MMAFighting

For anyone who's been following these things, then one of the most upsetting things about the allegations against Johnson has been the complete lack of contrition he's shown, or any acknowledgement of the severity of the accusations. Let's not sugarcoat: MMA is a sport which attracts damaged individuals, and many have been in some bad places and have done bad things. Alexander Gustafsson served 15 months in a Swedish jail for multiple crimes, including aggravated assault. However, after serving his time, the Swede has at least spoken about it with genuine remorse, saying: "I can't defend it in any way. It is something that I am ashamed of."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Ty1990 posted:

I was actually really bored at work the other day and was looking at how famous MMA fighters compare to other celebrities as far as Twitter followers go. Some big guy on steroids that has never done anything worth a poo poo in the WWE (Ryback) has twice as many followers as Chris Weidman and Daniel Cormier combined. In fact, pretty much any wrestler no matter their place on a WWE card has way more followers than almost any MMA fighter.

Why do you care & twitter "followers" are so valuable that they can literally be bought by bulk lol

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Why do you care & twitter "followers" are so valuable that they can literally be bought by bulk lol

The same reason I like to see how many buys a PPV has done. It's nice to see how well known some fighters are outside of the MMA world.

And that's a good point and something I didn't consider.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Are you ready? I am ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8m-Z1WlzA

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Here's a fat guy you've never seen before wrestling fans.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

kensei posted:

[url=http://www.bjpenn.com/bethe-i-will-humiliate-ronda-hope-she-doesnt-kill-herself-after/]

:stare:

Here Lies Beth Correira
She Never Scored A Takedown

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I want Condit to beat up Alves then rematch Woodley and beat him up then fight Robbie Lawler like five times.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Lloyd Boner posted:

I want Condit to fight Robbie Lawler like five times.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

I be hyped.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This rules. Afterwards youtube automatically played "little white guy beats up black dude in fight" which was two white kids fighting. That was cool too.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

tesilential posted:

This rules. Afterwards youtube automatically played "little white guy beats up black dude in fight" which was two white kids fighting. That was cool too.

Same now I've been watching street fight videos the last hour.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The best street fight videos are the ones where white grade schoolers, locked in the throes of fight-or-flight, spontaneously start calling eachother "nigga" before they start up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I don't want to see Condit / woodley again because Carlos was getting thoroughly owned and I don't like seeing that.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Ty1990 posted:

Yeah but wrestling fans are mostly weird dinguses so they don't count.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The best street fight videos are the ones where white grade schoolers, locked in the throes of fight-or-flight, spontaneously start calling eachother "nigga" before they start up.

You stole my bong niggy fight reigns supreme

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well... for context, McGregor recently said if this was the good ol days he would have genocided Aldos favela and kept anyone who could work around to make Reebok shirts

ah yes the proud martial history of ireland, a country once genocided by a chicken farmer

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
64-year old man does 7 muscle-ups with obvious ease

Conor McGregor struggles to do 6

https://www.facebook.com/thisisiradio/videos/913029572091453/

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Actually from DC's twitter around Wrestlemania I remember him saying that it was Jack Swagger who hooked him up with the tickets.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Question: what was the reaction here after Fedor/Werdum in 2010?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Laughter and validation of years of criticism, some people thought the loss was flukey and tried to rationalize it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

LobsterMobster posted:

to be fair I saw GSP do a couple of these in one of those gymnastics videos/countdown shows and it was the most impressive thing he's ever done

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LobsterMobster posted:

you watched that video wrong. conor owns.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I really wanna see one of those Irish Traveller guys send Conor a callout now.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
BJ wasn't very good at them either, even in his physical prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxNavbNtnk4

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If only he'd been standing in a pool

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

You stole my bong niggy fight reigns supreme

Mungo vs greg brown p4p best fight on youtube.

Bubba Smith posted:

to be fair I saw GSP do a couple of these in one of those gymnastics videos/countdown shows and it was the most impressive thing he's ever done

Gymnastics is hard as hell. No wonder GSP got into it as a way to improve his functional strength. I remember grappling with a dude who was a former gymnast and he was impossible to move when he didn't want to.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
If anybody else is watching TUF and TUF-related programming, now there's even fighters on TUF that are calling out Bisping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

1st AD posted:

Laughter and validation of years of criticism, some people thought the loss was flukey and tried to rationalize it.

Anyone got the link to the Socrates thread?

• Locked thread