Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tyty posted:

So with the mastery changes is 21/0/9 still worth it on mana-hungry AP casters or am I better off just running 21/9/0 now?

I could see running 15/0/15 in certain matchups to get the chalice mastery but 9 utility seems kinda weak now unless you value the summoner spell one highly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Tyty posted:

So with the mastery changes is 21/0/9 still worth it on mana-hungry AP casters or am I better off just running 21/9/0 now?

Both options seem equally lovely for the most part because very few mage-type champions scale off of HP or Mana or MS.

It's kind of disappointing that they tailored the top of the tree as such.

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In related news Ekko's login screen music is insanely good. Who made that? I kind of want more if Riot hired a band or something to write it.

I'm 99% sure it's Praeco/Christian Linke, he does more or less all of the login/featured music.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

looool

that was always one of my fave things about watching salty teemo. hydra on EVERYONE. nasus? yeah why the gently caress not. i don't get why bronze + silver are so obsessed with that item.

e: vvvv i didn't even see the triforce morg holy poo poo. vvvv

reminds me of this classic:
http://na.lolesports.com/articles/eu-challenger-series-ruling-h2k-gaming

Nasus has hydra in his recommended items iirc

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Hydra secures minion waves, covering the greatest flaw every bronzer has

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Ah, I just went 17/5/7 as singed against an ekko, mid game when I roamed I had our yasuo complaining that I wan't giving enough kills, at this point he was 9/9 and I was 11/4. He then when on to report me for 'verbal abuse' because I told him it's a team game and his kills nor his ego really matter. We still won. I love you league.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Thank you Drew

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they finally make another time champ and surprise he is as boring as everyone else they make nowadays. god drat this game started so good before everything became a standard template.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Mr. Unlucky posted:

they finally make another time champ and surprise he is as boring as everyone else they make nowadays. god drat this game started so good before everything became a standard template.

...In what world are Bard and Ekko standard and boring? I think you got stuck in Season 2 or something man.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
we cant compete with dota creatively so lets just make this game as safe and unchanging as possible to be a consistent middle tier stepping stone. its easier to pump champs out regularly if the meta never changes for half a decade and we can focus on our esports bullshit for a game thats dull as gently caress to watch as a result of said stale meta this is win win all around!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Whole lot of over-reacting.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
That post is a lot easier to believe if you read it in a flustered George Costanza voice or something.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

NTT posted:

Thank you Drew

You're more than welcome, friend.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Transient People posted:

...In what world are Bard and Ekko standard and boring? I think you got stuck in Season 2 or something man.

They've got 4 skills and a passive, just like every other champ in the game. How about giving someone 5 skills? Ever think of that?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Crazy Larry posted:

They've got 4 skills and a passive, just like every other champ in the game. How about giving someone 5 skills? Ever think of that?

:golfclap:

Libertine posted:

Whole lot of over-reacting.

Or DotA thread trolling. Either or. You woulda figured that wouldn't be the case anymore though.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

we cant compete with dota creatively so lets just make this game as safe and unchanging as possible to be a consistent middle tier stepping stone. its easier to pump champs out regularly if the meta never changes for half a decade and we can focus on our esports bullshit for a game thats dull as gently caress to watch as a result of said stale meta this is win win all around!

this is some pretty lovely trolling dude. go back to new gbs or wherever youre from

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Ekko is probably the most fun I've ever had on a day 1 champion.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I was thinking how both Zac and Taric are due for new skins, and then it dawned on me: Zac with a crystaline skin would be really cool, like if all his moves, body and particles were like Lissandra's Ice-movement animation.

Unfortunately, a Goo-Taric isn't a good skin idea.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mr. Unlucky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvHN-JJ9Y04

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

The Crusher posted:

I was thinking how both Zac and Taric are due for new skins, and then it dawned on me: Zac with a crystaline skin would be really cool, like if all his moves, body and particles were like Lissandra's Ice-movement animation.

Unfortunately, a Goo-Taric isn't a good skin idea.

Genuinely the best Zac skin idea yet, imo.

Although bubblegum is a close second.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Tonetta posted:

Hydra secures minion waves, covering the greatest flaw every bronzer has

Securing minion waves with AAs without Q procs. Best Nasus ever, I'll take this as my enemy every game.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the amount of comments on my reddit post of that draven gif of "wow your item build sucks" is actually kind of funny over all the people whinging about me not having the most ~optimal~ of draven items

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If you had a better build you'd be crushing your enemies a lot more efficiently

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

today was a much nicer day

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What did you have for lunch metharnar

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Rush Lich Bane/Luden's on Ekko or CDR item? Someone please think for me

Stack flat AP and one shot squishy champions with your stupid 1.2 AP ratio ultimate.

Methanar are you a massive attention whore in real life too.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 29, 2015

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

So Phreak is playing Ekko on stream and is curb-stomping people in a manner which is largely inconsistent with his usual play-style. Obviously there's a significant number of people in the stream chat bemoaning Ekko as overpowered. Phreak's defence of Ekko, was to state that "every champ looks overpowered when you have 14 kills and are up 50cs" which is the most hysterically unwitting tautology I've seen in a while and possibly the worst defence of anything other than "I fell on her".

Had one on my team earlier who was tower diving on cooldown at level 6 and never looked in harm's way once. At 40mins into the game, he 100-0 a full build Sejuani with a massive chunk of that being within the stun duration.

I'm thinking "release week Diana" levels of broken if people don't discover some levels of counterplay that aren't immediately obvious.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
He washed his cup bois!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

14-1 is the poitn where you start playing challengers in LAN normals. one in my last 2 games

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

GreyPowerVan posted:

14-1 is the poitn where you start playing challengers in LAN normals. one in my last 2 games

770-750 is when you start versing them in oce.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Soooo anyone else having trouble getting into games today? I just had a 20 minute mid Q time before I said gently caress it and went to a bot game. Is it just ekko dominating both top AND mid q times or is something wrong with my connection?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Maybe just play normals

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The featured games are disabled on OCE for no particular reason again. :(

Probably because they don't want mere mortals like me to witness release Ekko without actually playing + losing to it

fnox
May 19, 2013

ekko's theme is fuckign tight, drat, Riot's been making some really cool music as of late.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tonetta posted:

He washed his cup bois!

but did he shave his pubesbeard?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

henkman posted:

Well, you're wrong

PD + Triforce is actually pretty awesome (you trade a small amount of damage for lots more mobility/some tankiness), and is definitely preferable on some champs as the ultimate 6 item build (also depending what your peel/frontline situation is like). But buying a Shiv when you have a PD already, or having a Shiv in a full endgame build, is never ever good on an ADC.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Luna Was Here posted:

but did he shave his pubesbeard?

do you need more pictures

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Methanar posted:

do you need more pictures
http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=269

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I forgot to tell you guys but I found this at work yesterday. Exciting times

• Locked thread