Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Also, I wouldn't be worried about Prince Shembo. Polnareff already exposed him to sunlight after running him through the mouth with his sword.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Did we fire his rear end yet? Shembo?

Please tell me they just fired him into the sun.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
So LeSean McCoy was on Ridiculousness the other night, the last clip segment they showed was NFL fans pissed @ losing, capped off by EDP ranting about the Shady trade. :allears:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Way late but,

Spoeank posted:

It's like goddamn Goofus and Gallant

Spoeank posted:

Goddamn, Febreeze.
:lol: Good poo poo

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

God, finally someone got it.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

God, finally someone got it.

I see you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Luck is going to be better than Peyton when it's all said and done and I've come to terms that I'm going to have to put up with that poo poo for the next decade plus

Which is funny because my consolation used to be "Well at least Luck can't possibly be as good as Manning"

gently caress Aaron Rodgers

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Intruder posted:

Luck is going to be better than Peyton when it's all said and done and I've come to terms that I'm going to have to put up with that poo poo for the next decade plus

Which is funny because my consolation used to be "Well at least Luck can't possibly be as good as Manning"

He's never winning a super bowl, book it. The roster sucks and it's light on talented youth too so you're talking four years out before they can become a real powerhouse. By that time he's 30.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nail Rat posted:

He's never winning a super bowl, book it. The roster sucks and it's light on talented youth too so you're talking four years out before they can become a real powerhouse. By that time he's 30.

So, Peyton's age when he went to his first superbowl?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nail Rat posted:

Four years until your team that made the AFCCG last year without its best defensive player and has over the last two years proven it can hang with anyone except the Patriots (which is probably no longer true now, they'll beat them this season) and just replaced Trent Richardson with Frank Gore is a powerhouse. Ok.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

He's never winning a super bowl, book it.

i'm down

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Intruder posted:

Four years until your team that made the AFCCG last year without its best defensive player and has over the last two years proven it can hang with anyone except the Patriots (which is probably no longer true now, they'll beat them this season) and just replaced Trent Richardson with Frank Gore is a powerhouse. Ok.

The Colts are a fraud team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Lol if you think the Colts are gonna beat the Pats with Brady being extremely pissed coming off a suspension

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Intruder posted:

Lucking your way to the AFCCG and getting blown the gently caress out by the Patriots does not a powerhouse make. They did nothing to fix the run defense(also pass rush still bad, lol Trent Cole no one else wanted him at all and we pay him a zillion dollars because reasons?) and Frank Gore is a million years old and will decline very soon if he's not already. Also basically any team from the NFC would have rolled then in the super bowl

They aren't a championship team until they replace grigson or he decides maybe if he's the only one in the league who wants a player, he shouldn't get that player. He's convinced he's smarter than everyone and he's really not. I mean A+ on choosing luck over RG3 and TY Hilton but other than that, ehhhhhh

I basically see the Colts as the 2009 Jets with a good passing O in the place of the good defense. It's a house of cards coming down any day now

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 30, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, he gone.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Intruder posted:

Frank Gore is also 87

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

When you have a more recent playoff win you can talk.

I'm not happy about it. I've been rooting for the Cavs so y'all have something.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm shocked Prince Shembo continued to be a lovely person. Shocked.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Up top!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

The Colts are a fraud team

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The Seventies were awesome.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colts will be awesome when they fire pep hamilton and hire someone cool

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chilichimp posted:

But he's their only good linebacker?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Azhais posted:

But he's their only good linebacker?

hes not good though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also best possible outcome this season is that Jimmy Garoppolo plays out of his mind in the first 4 weeks resulting in the Patriots trading tom brady for picks they'll never even use, and then Garoppolo sucks for the rest of his career (but not before Football Outsiders posts an article about his first 4 games sabremetricing him into a future Hall of Famer)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
People get on me about being gloomy about the Texans but lol at fans of a team that's on its second all time great QB in a row being gloomy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

also best possible outcome this season is that Jimmy Garoppolo plays out of his mind in the first 4 weeks resulting in the Patriots trading tom brady for picks they'll never even use, and then Garoppolo sucks for the rest of his career (but not before Football Outsiders posts an article about his first 4 games sabremetricing him into a future Hall of Famer)

has that happened before? if so link tia

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

People get on me about being gloomy about the Texans but lol at fans of a team that's on its second all time great QB in a row being gloomy

Yeah, at least Packers fans have the decency to be smug fuckers

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The AFC will be so much better( I think) when Brady and Peyton are gone.

Then it turns into Flacco vs Luck for a while. Throw some Rivers and Big Ben in there as well.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Quest For Glory II posted:

You have it backwards, they'll sign Brady for longer and Trade Jimmy for a ton of picks and Jimmy will poo poo up some other team (The Texans).

I hope Jimmy is loving awesome though

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Athanatos posted:

You have it backwards, they'll sign Brady for longer and Trade Jimmy for a ton of picks and Jimmy will poo poo up some other team (The Texans).

I could see the Browns out-bidding the Texans in this scenario because Browns.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Metapod posted:

They may have done it with Wilson but really he only says that because Aaron Schatz is a giant Patriots homer who can't keep his bias out of his work

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

Haha, he isn't wrong but this is a great point.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I can't wait for some team to sign luck away from a stoned Irsay

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PrinceRandom posted:

hes not good though

beggars can't be choosers!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

it's too low, i can tell from his face. gently caress you ea

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
An 84 O/U?

DID I USE OVER UNDER RIGHT?!?!

:greenangel:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

i wonder how much they degrade the rookies from last year..

is clowney like a 61 now.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Metapod posted:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2012/week-17-quick-reads

quote:

Matt Flynn is 26 years old. He has four years of apprenticeship on one of the best offenses in the league. His ceiling is Hall of Famer; his realistic floor is Pro Bowler.

FO is loving stupid and so are their dumb wacky formulas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Febreeze posted:

They may have done it with Wilson but really he only says that because Aaron Schatz is a giant Patriots homer who can't keep his bias out of his work

I figured it was a Matt Flynn reference.

• Locked thread