Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You just know that guy wants to fly his piss-breathing dragon over the piss forest.

FMguru posted:

Let's check in on what our favorite Gaming Industry Professional is up to, shall we?

Is this an attempt at a win-win situation? If he releases Far West, the backers finally get their book, and if he doesn't, they get to keep making him a laughingstock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

paradoxGentleman posted:

Okay, look, I agree that the guy is a complete rear end in a top hat, but what part of "dragon and dragon rider with magical bond" screams fetish to you? It's part of fantasy archetypes 101.

Yeah, I think it's a pretty lazy, easy joke. Dragons are cool.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I didn't know Gareth Michael-Skarka was still doing stuff. I have some great memories of playing the original Hong Kong Action Theatre! The system made no sense, but I love the concept of roleplaying as actors playing movie roles.

What's the poop on him?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Okay, look, I agree that the guy is a complete rear end in a top hat, but what part of "dragon and dragon rider with magical bond" screams fetish to you? It's part of fantasy archetypes 101.

I just found it oddly specific. (Also I thought it was funny.)

edit: also I've run into enough loving furries in the games ~community~ to just kind of expect it at this point.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Psh, yeah, whatever dragondick nerds, go jerk off with your Anne McCaffrey novels some more.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

paradoxGentleman posted:

Yeah, maybe dude saw How to Train your Dragon and thought "hey that looks like a neat character."

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I didn't know Gareth Michael-Skarka was still doing stuff. I have some great memories of playing the original Hong Kong Action Theatre! The system made no sense, but I love the concept of roleplaying as actors playing movie roles.

What's the poop on him?

Oh boy.

He's pretty much always been an Internet Tough Guy, sometimes even to fans who ask innocent questions. He seemed to get more belligerent as RPGnet got less so, presumably because they and everyone else was less willing to put up with his poo poo.

Then he took preorders for a Buckaroo Banzai game. Still waiting on that. Apparently he finally contacted the rights-holder after about a year of radio silence.

He got the license to Bas-Lag a few years ago. Still waiting on that.

His big ICONS project limped across the finish line after someone else took it from him. None of the preorder customers got their physical books.

The big turd in his punch bowl, at the party where he's the only guest, is Far West. It was one of the first "big" RPG Kickstarters, and was supposed to be the start of a TRANSMEDIA EMPIRE. He got $50k and it was supposed to be out after a few months of the KS ending. Then updates like "started writing X" began to come out. Woops! As he slipped farther and farther past the original release date, he started getting testier with the people who became angrier about both his failure and his attitude about that failure. But, the thing is, he kept promising, he kept setting deadlines. He has literally set and missed many dozens of release dates. And then he'll talk about what he's doing in an update, and it's clear to any person with even moderate knowledge of how bookmaking works that he was nowhere near completion. One Far West product has been completed: A fiction anthology written by other people. I think it came out in mid-2013?

Some highlights:

• His art is mostly poo poo he's doing himself. The artist he's aping was slightly better, but that guy left the project after I think the first year, and he was still compositing a bunch of Google Image Search results to make steampunk cowboy kung fu bullshit. Take a look at this.

• Near the end of last year he made a huge show of guaranteeing that he was going to be done by Dec 17, 2014. He put up $25 pre-order PDFs for sale on RPGNow. His KS updates still had him creating new pieces of art and writing the loving material. He announced he wouldn't make his deadline like a week before it hit. The pre-order page, last I checked (about a month ago), had been updated to say it would be out in January :lol:

• At one point last year or the year before, he teamed up with Cubicle 7 so that they could distribute Far West when it was done. That's a pretty good sign that he doesn't have the funds to fulfill physical books anymore. After the better part of a year of more of the same, the relationship ended with nothing to show for it except a defunct Far West product page on C7's website.

• After the Monte Cook game with racist Native American crap brouhaha, Skarka did an informal poll in his Kickstarter updates about whether he should add a single, tiny paragraph to his setting chapter to mention the existence of Indians in his Wild West setting. You see, it's specifically based on wuxia and spaghetti western movies, which only infrequently had Indian characters, so he was just going to exclude them completely. Somehow this didn't apply to black people, who he felt fit-in just fine even though they aren't exactly all over the place in spaghetti westerns or old wuxia movies either. He is a poster-child for the Comfortable White Straight Male brand of moralizing. He'll go on about social justice and inclusivity, but he meets nearly any complaints about that in his own games with slavish devotion to genre conventions or the even worse "IT'S JUST FANTASY JEEZ!"

• Okay, not so recent: GMS spent a noticeable amount of free time arguing on the internet with ~SJWs~ and what he termed the Outrage Brigade. Like, clearly enough text flung over enough hours that it had to be eating into actually finishing his goddamn game. This is where a good portion of his animosity toward Something Awful and Ettin comes from, because THE GOON SQUAD :byodood: (about 10 people) would bump into him in the same public RPG communities, and they would make fun of him for basically lecturing them about being angry about the wrong things while himself getting pretty pissed off about their opinions on elfgames and social justice.

• He often would barge into people's threads to accuse various people of being/doing something that he couldn't possibly know, in the same breath that he rails against people doing that to him. (But nonspecifically, because most of the people who poked that bear had the pretty hard fact that he hadn't finished Far West in their holsters.) He would frequently make noise about disconnecting from social media or blocking people, but he would be right back at it within a week, sometimes with the people he "blocked." Thankfully for him and the communities he shat up, he actually seems to have mostly really done that around the beginning of this year.

• As part of that last years-long trainwreck, my favorite bit was when Skarka started threatening to sue Rulebook Heavily for regularly mocking his blustery attitude and inability to finish Far West. This culminated in him sending threats of legal action to one or more addresses in Iceland that absolutely were not Rulebook Heavily's address. At one point some random dude pops into one of these tire fires of a G+ thread to say something along the lines of "I don't know why you sent me this legal threat, but you guys are all weird please stop." This is all beside the fact that international defamation or libel suits mostly aren't a thing that can happen, especially not over some hobby game sniping on social media.

• He still seems to be planning a MultimediaTransmedia Empire, with TV shows, a web series, computer games, what the gently caress ever. He made at least one trip to Hollywood to pitch his TV show in the first year after the Kickstarter. This was probably a waste of money—maybe even KS funds!

• He has adamantly defended some of the rankest assholes in the RPG industry from a lot of very legitimate criticism, because you see they are fellow travelers in the dreaded wastelands of Goon Mockery.

Otisburg posted:

Psh, yeah, whatever dragondick nerds, go jerk off with your Anne McCaffrey novels some more.

:colbert: I certainly will.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 1, 2015

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Thank you so much for the detailed recap!

I love this hobby.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's a partial list of announced shipping dates for Far West. Note: it does not include anything from the last 18 months.

quote:

December 2011
January 2012
March 2012 (Print and PDF)
March 2012 (PDF only)
April 2012 (PDF to be followed by Print)
May 2012 (PDF)
June 2012 (Print Map)
August 31, 2012 (PDF followed by Print in September 2012)
September 2012 (PDF)
November 2012 (Print - with PDF delivered before that)
Summer 2013 (Print and PDF)
End of Summer 2013 (Print and PDF)
End of Summer 2013 (PDF only)
Mid-November 2013 (PDF with delivery to printer the same day - "our actual, Honest-to-Seven-Hells, no-foolin delivery")
November 23 2013 (PDF with 2-week delay for printer)
November 27 2013 (PDF with 2-week delay for printer)
December 1 2013 (PDF and delivery to printer at same time)
"When I am satisfied that it's the best it can be, and not before." (which "It's always been")
My favorite one (not on the list) was when he said in early December 2013 that he'd have it done by the end of December, and then a week later said it would be delayed again on account of unexpected family commitments. Because who could possibly have forseen a bunch of family events and commitments coming in the last two weeks of December.

Skarka has also claimed that
1) People who contributed to the Kickstarters for Far West and Icons Team Up aren't customers, they're backers, and as such aren't due anything resembling customer service.
2) Companies that do provide excellent customer service (like Evil Hat Games) are only doing it as a scam to try and get more of your money and lmao just lmao if you're the sort of dumb sucker who falls for that.

He's the best :allears:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The "art" in Far West I've seen wouldn't pass muster 20 years ago. I say this because it looks uncannily like the terrible art from Legacy: War of Ages, only in colour.

Plague of Hats posted:

• He still seems to be planning a MultimediaTransmedia Empire, with TV shows, a web series, computer games, what the gently caress ever. He made at least one trip to Hollywood to pitch his TV show in the first year after the Kickstarter. This was probably a waste of money—maybe even KS funds!
How was he going to sell it with no draft, no art, probably not even a treatment? Maybe he planned to scribble some magic on the back of a cocktail napkin, like Joe Eszterhas.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 1, 2015

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I believe he also had an example of the miniatures his kickstarter would produce on a kickstarter, and it was pretty clearly just a Heroforge design.

Serf
May 5, 2011

He also namesearches on Twitter, as evidenced by several hours of him tweeting at me to stop "libeling" him during the Monte Cook debacle. When all I basically said was "of course Skarka is on Cook's side".

Also, maybe the dragonguy really does want to live out some otherkin fantasy, in which case: who cares? If he can find a group who also wants to play that, more power to 'em, so long as everyone knows what they're getting into, of course.

Also he literally references the Draconomicon as his inspiration, so I'd imagine he does just want some good ol' dragonriding times.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I'm the DM but no player in my world would (Reasonably) want to be a Lycanthrope, for 1 major reason. My world has 2 moons, lycanthropy triggers off of either, or both, being full.

during that time, I control the character and it gets hyper-aggressive.

quote:

Here's one way to deal with a pc having lycanthropy.

Beastial Rage: The beast within is never far from the surface, clawing from within. Any time you fail an ability check or take damage, you must make a Wis save (DC 12) or fly into a blind rage, attacking anyone in sight, targeting first the opponent who attacked you or whom bested you in an ability contest. If you failed against an object, you actively seek to destroy it. At the beginning of every round there after, you may attempt to control the rage, making another Wis save (DC 15). Success uses up your action to stabalize.

quote:

I have a system called the "hunt" never have got to use it but I have in case I get a PC who want to play a were wolf. it pretty much a way of giving them a down side with out giving them a harsh punishment. same with vampires, but they get the "thirst".

I might post both system here at some point.

quote:

TL;DR: Because GM's and 5th Edition.

We now feel liberated again. If we don't like the rules, we will just change them.

I might only give bonuses out while you're in beast form.

I might take control of your character while you are in beast form.

I might change the mechanical benefits of being a lycanthrope (I already have in my game, and I'm thinking of making more changes to immunity/resistance magic/silver.)

I might change the rules on when you change form. Just been insulted? Cha save to resist changing! Just been critically hit? Con save to resist changing! Hand over that character sheet buddy!

quote:

Because as soon as your character contracts lycanthropy and decides it's a good thing that gives them a nice buff that they can control, I make them an NPC.

quote:

Because if my player is hounding me to let them become a lycanthrope, I'll make them a werebutterfly or something. That'll teach them for being such a munchkin.

quote:

Because the DM get's control of your character for 1/8 of a month, and that's bad m'kay.

Okay, I get that it's bad form for a player to want lycanthropy purely for the mechanical benefits if they're also not willing to roleplay-out the narrative effects, but the number of people who'd rather rub their hands in gleeful anticipation of how they're going to gently caress over the recently bitten player rather than just saying "Bob, don't become a werewolf if you're only in it for the STR bonus" is not cool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Plague of Hats posted:

He got the license to Bas-Lag a few years ago. Still waiting on that.

Oh, so that's what happened to that Bas-Lag RPG I was briefly excited about. :smith:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

It's like traditional gaming is some bizarro universe where mostly-cooperative, narrative based games (RPGs) are competitive games where players are trying to defeat the GM and vice versa to "win", and the most popular tabletop wargame, which should ostensibly be a, in the strictest sense of the word, competitive experience where one side is trying to win (being a game where players are actually attempting to complete objectives while stopping their opponent from completing objectives), is actually about forging a narrative.

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 1, 2015

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

"D&D5 is more handwavey, therefore it's easier for me to make up whatever player-screwing rule I want" is making me pretty :smith:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Plague of Hats posted:

"D&D5 is more handwavey, therefore it's easier for me to make up whatever player-screwing rule I want" is making me pretty :smith:
That was literally Mearls' main design principle for 5E - that 4E was too impartial and balanced and didn't give the DM enough scope for making his own rulings.

Mike Mearls in 2011 posted:

"I think we've hit the second era of RPG decadence, and it's gone the opposite way," he continued. "It's all about player power now - the DM is just the rules guy - and the DM can't contradict what the players say. [The game] is taking away from the DM, and that's where I worry because other types of games can do that better. I might as well play a board game, 'cause I'm just here enforcing the rules. Without the DM as the creative guy, what's the point?"

Mearls admits 4th edition might have gone too far in creating a perfectly balanced game. "We've lost faith of what makes an RPG an RPG," he said, admitting that in trying to please gamers with a limited imagination, 4th edition might have punished those with an active one. "There's this fear of the bad gaming group, where the game is so good that even playing with a bad gaming group, you'll still have fun."
I'm getting irl angry re-reading this quote.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I've played with GMs who try to use your words against you like a fuckin' genie. You can just see the :smug: forming like it's in slow motion as they see the opportunity to screw someone.

I've also seen players who try to get away with stuff all the time, so I realize it's not a one-sided phenomenon that forms in a vacuum, but it sucks when it carries over into a GM's style in a game with new players. That gotcha poo poo will turn people off quick.

edit: also gently caress traps, basically

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 1, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

That was literally Mearls' main design principle for 5E - that 4E was too impartial and balanced and didn't give the DM enough scope for making his own rulings.
I'm getting irl angry re-reading this quote.

What the gently caress? :psyduck: The DM not contradicting what the players say is a good thing that's been taught as good DM practice since for-loving-ever, and having rules that are solid and procedural enough that you can always follow them and they'll always work is exactly why 4e is good and is such a breeze to DM and goes a long way towards shattering the whole "oh boo hoo DMing such HARD WORK" dick-sucking that pervades this goddamn hobby.

Seriously, what the gently caress?! That quote makes me angry. Just because there's a specific, non-handwavey way to generate lizardmen NPCs and conduct combat with them doesn't mean I'm any less empowered as a DM, because we as a group still decided to move the story towards "we're going to fight lizardmen now"

EDIT: I'm reading through Pathfinder Unchained at the moment, and on page 147 it says:

quote:

Though the rules on when to use wild magic are deliberately vague to give the GM leeway,

I just thought how respectful it was to one's intelligence* that they actually went out and said that, rather than 5e's herky-jerky naturalistic writing where if you try to take them as written, they're vague enough to drive you mad, so you have to make it up as you go along in which case you're going the designers' job for them.

* Yeah okay, it was insulting for them to claim Pathfinder as its own game, but baby steps.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 1, 2015

NiciasTSOF
May 15, 2014

FMguru posted:

"admitting that in trying to please gamers with a limited imagination, 4th edition might have punished those with an active one."

lol wut

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

quote:

quote:

What compels anyone to play as a halfling other than game mechanics? I can understand the appeal of dwarves as caricatures of squat miners and grumpy grandpas but the halfling... I'd rather have the small sneak species be kobolds or goblins.

Halflings are sneaky badass people who look small, domestic, and non-threatening. They play into the power fantasies of a lot of girls.

-Frank

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know of any meaningful data to indicate da ladiez love being tiny fat thieves…and I'm guessing Frank doesn't, either.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Plague of Hats posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know of any meaningful data to indicate da ladiez love being tiny fat thieves…and I'm guessing Frank doesn't, either.

On the one hand, my girlfriend is super excited to be playing a halfling rogue in my current campaign, because I'm pretty sure if she could be an actual hobbit living in an actual hobbit hole she would do so in an instant. On the other hand, she's playing her character as a stone-cold badass knife murderer who has about the same amount of trouble severing some rear end in a top hat's spine as she does picking their pocket, so maybe that's not quite what Frank is thinking about.

Also, who wouldn't want to be a hobbit? The Shire seems like a pretty chill place to live. Think of all the pies.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Spoilers: being a hobbit in the Shire is basically just being an upper middle class Englishman in a country town in the 30s and 40s.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Everyone underestimates the halfling until rosy-cheeked pastry chef Beatrice Butterbrook or whatever flips out a balisong from her apron and cuts a bitch.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

So wait being small, domestic, and appearing non-threatening are the power fantasies that women have?

poo poo, feminism's over.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Darwinism posted:

So wait being small, domestic, and appearing non-threatening are the power fantasies that women have?

poo poo, feminism's over.

I'm glad to know the patriarchy was really empowering murderous housewives all this time.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Also, who wouldn't want to be a hobbit? The Shire seems like a pretty chill place to live. Think of all the pies.

No way. Like Max Headroom and Michael Jackson, I need electricity to function.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I like how D&D still treats wanting to be a werewolf as something that needs to be punished, because we clearly haven't had any fantasy material with werewolf protagonists.

That sorta is 5e in a nutshell. "You can be anything!" "How about this?" "gently caress you."

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

ProfessorCirno posted:

I like how D&D still treats wanting to be a werewolf as something that needs to be punished, because we clearly haven't had any fantasy material with werewolf protagonists.

That sorta is 5e in a nutshell. "You can be anything!" "How about this?" "gently caress you."

As usual when someone mentions this, I have to poke in and bring up Night Howlers. Too bad that was fake D&D for dumb kids!!!!

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The real problem with RPGs is with all those players who want to do things like "make choices" and "have fun". loving bastards.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I have settled into comfortable grognardery with the edition that lets you play a double or even triple dracula or a double wolfman, or indeed several combinations of the two.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Plague of Hats posted:

Fake edit: Holy poo poo this guy's blog.

:toot::siren::toot:

quote:

Well it's official, I was banned from rpg.net. It's not like it was a complete surprise since the moderators over there abuse their so called power and dislike anyone who dares to point out that they are abusing their power. Once you shine a light on their power abuse you become an enemy to the rpg.net staff

I was banned for a perceived threat to one of the moderators. Did I make the perceived threat over on rpg.net?

Nope, it was on here in the comments section. So the power abusing moderators on rpg.net, who have no jurisdiction (or power) over here banned me for something that wasn't even said on rpg.net. And they were so desperate to find something to ban be for that they combed the comments sections looking for something.

This, again is an example of why most geeks (like the ones who are moderators or administrators on rpg.net) don't have power in real life. They aren't mature enough to have it and when they get power, they immediately abuse it.

If the moderators and administrators who clearly hate free speech want to prevent people from saying certain things within the walls of rpg.net, that's fine. But when they try to moderate me on my own site, that's an abuse of power. But then the moderators of rpg.net have abused power so long that they no longer understand boundaries. They freely abuse their power and no one stops them, so there is nothing to make them stop.

People who post on other forums talk about how when they post on rpg.net you are "walking on eggshells" worried that they will be red texted by the moderators and either thread banned or banned from the forum totally.

When your users are afraid to post because they are worried about getting disciplined then as an administrator or moderator you are doing it wrong. They posted a thread recently about ways to improve the forum but one idea that never came up was curbing the abuse of power by the moderators.

That's because the moderators and administrators on rpg.net don't want to stop abusing power. They have the power they hungered for and are afraid to lose it. If you insult or say something negative about their favorite game they will red text you. A conflict of interest, yes but they don't care, they have their power and they want to flex their muscles to make them feel better about themselves. If I said something out of bounds about a game I think a moderator who isn't biased/a fan of the game should warn me, not someone with an agenda

I have heard from game designers that on a game designer specific mailing list that rpg.net is considered a "joke" and those game designers would rather go to social media like facebook or G+ then have to deal with the power abusing moderators on rpg.net. With the advent of social media rpg.net's "our way or the highway" is no longer something they have to worry about and they can choose the highway.

rpg.net used to be a great site, but along with the power abuse of the moderators it has become a weak, pathetic skeleton of what it used to be. Now everyone has to be nice and you have to watch what you say because the site now caters to the weak, pathetic bunch who have to be treated like "special flowers” and not get their feelings hurt. These people are the product of how society is today where everyone gets a trophy even if you played like crap.

The sad thing is the rpg.net used to be about role playing games, but now it has spread itself thin covering non role playing game topics. Tangency, which is a cesspool actually has people who go to rpg.net to talk about a varied list subjects. These are non-gamers mind you and if tangency were to go away, so would the users (not that this is a bad thing).

rpg.net used to be about role playing games, but now it's about everything and role playing games are just a small part of the topics discussed on the forum. rpg.net used to be a site for gamers, but now I would be surprised if even half the people in the rpg section actually game. I wouldn't be surprised if 1/4th of the people who post in the role paying open section actually game and the other 3/4th just buy games and discuss them because they can't find people to game with or because they are so socially retarded no one would want to game with them.

Clearly Blackhat_Matt had a problem with me and looked for a reason to get rid of me. He thread banned me and they kept an eye out for a reason to totally get me banned from the site. Maybe it's because I didn't kiss his rear end (yes, moderators there aren't chosen because they are qualified, they are chosen by who kisses enough rear end) or maybe I insulted a favorite game of his. Of course he won't come talk to me here about it, because like any bully he is big and tough when he has his posse to back him up, but when he all alone he is a scared cowered.

I would ask him to speak to me like a man and tell me what his problem with me is, but he isn't a man. He is a gutless turd hiding behind the rpg.net moderator cliche.

So it's sad I won't be able to contribute on rpg.net anymore but maybe it's for the best. It has become a corrupt cesspool anyhow and there are other forums out there (and G+ and social media) where I can discuss games. Since I have been told that I cannot appeal the ban it doesn't matter what I say. I will continue to speak out and shine a light on the moderators abuse at rpg.net

Oh and a final note, I saw two of blackhat_matts favorite games: Dresden files (FATE, A story game) and Monsterhearts, based on Apocalypse World yet another story game so I can see why he was out to get me banned. He is a lovely storygamer (not that that's a surprise) so he most likely is as lovely of a gamer as I imagined he would be.

I am compiling a list of friendly game discussion forums and sites so if you know a good site (that discusses traditional role playing games, not story games) either post a comment or use the contact us form and let me know.

Once I get a nice list I will post it here so people can see alternate locations to discuss role playing games and not worry about worry about "walking on egg shells”

– The Game Guy

PS He added some right click-blocking Javascript to his blog :laffo:

EDIT: Tags: abuse, abuse of power, adminstrators, moderators, power, rpg.net

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 1, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

quote:

Nope, it was on here in the comments section. So the power abusing moderators on rpg.net, who have no jurisdiction (or power) over here banned me for something that wasn't even said on rpg.net.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Plague of Hats posted:

:toot::siren::toot:

PS He added some right click-blocking Javascript to his blog :laffo:

EDIT: Tags: abuse, abuse of power, adminstrators, moderators, power, rpg.net

I'm sure rpg.net will miss the contributions of a most boring human being.

Also this part loving gets me:

quote:

Oh and a final note, I saw two of blackhat_matts favorite games: Dresden files (FATE, A story game) and Monsterhearts, based on Apocalypse World yet another story game so I can see why he was out to get me banned. He is a lovely storygamer (not that that's a surprise) so he most likely is as lovely of a gamer as I imagined he would be.

He's like a less entertaining Pundowski.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It still amazes me how salty people get over RPGnet having an off-topic GBS-esque subforum. I've lost track of the number of people decrying Tangency as some cancer killing discussions about games or petitioning for Tangency to be expunged from RPGnet as though the existence of a place for people to discuss E/N stuff and current events is a personal affront to them.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

quote:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I'm a veteran gamer since 1983, and I’ve been involved in playtesting the Tomb of Horrors, and I have over 300 confirmed TPKs. I am trained in sandbox gaming and I’m the top player in the entire RPGA. You are nothing to me but just another upstart. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of game designers across Google Plus and your gaming credentials are being audited right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can own you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with a Level 1 Magic-User. Not only am I extensively trained in Dungeon Mastering, but I have access to the entire support of EN World and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the blogosphere, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 2, 2015

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

JFC, "I have a 4th dan black belt in GAME MASTERING, BITCH! Which will destroy your blog, somehow!"

That's precious. Where did you find it?

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

What even is that

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's paraphrasing this.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Kai Tave posted:

It still amazes me how salty people get over RPGnet having an off-topic GBS-esque subforum. I've lost track of the number of people decrying Tangency as some cancer killing discussions about games or petitioning for Tangency to be expunged from RPGnet as though the existence of a place for people to discuss E/N stuff and current events is a personal affront to them.

It's sullied and awful, unlike "The Pundit's Own Forum" which is a pure and good 'free speech' off topic forum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mormon Star Wars posted:

It's sullied and awful, unlike "The Pundit's Own Forum" which is a pure and good 'free speech' off topic forum!

Where people can freely discuss Red Pills and Cultural Marxism without being immediately banned, as the Founding Fathers intended. :911:

• Locked thread